CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 10334|Reply: 136

[Tempatan] Johor Sultan tells Mahathir to keep his mouth shut, Dr M responds page 3

[Copy link]
Post time 25-8-2016 10:48 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by nirman at 25-8-2016 03:56 PM

Johor's Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar has told former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad to silence himself instead of making wild remarks about the 'Bangsa Johor' concept.

This is after Mahathir said in a forum yesterday that Johor nationalism is unhealthy for Malaysia, warning that it can lead to the collapse of the federation.

"It is a figment of Dr Mahathir’s imagination. He is stirring the hornet’s nest and my advice to him is to keep his mouth shut.

"He is going around dividing the people, including the Malays, while I am uniting Malaysians of all races, including the Malays," Sultan Ibrahim is quoted as saying by The Star today.

The sultan added that Mahathir had no right to talk about unity, being a confrontational individual who had caused many divisions.

"Mahathir is the root cause of the present problems in the country. He has no right to interfere in my state. I will not tolerate his antics."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-8-2016 10:55 AM | Show all posts
soltan sontap mahathir dah limit kuasa soltan?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 10:56 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Aku senyum sinis lihat pergaduhan ini

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2016 10:57 AM | Show all posts
(The Star) – “And now he talks about unity with an incredible straight face”.

The Sultan of Johor strongly rebuked Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad over the former prime minister’s disapproval of the Bangsa Johor concept.

Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar expressed his displeasure over the remarks made by Dr Mahathir that the concept could disunite the people.

“Tun Mahathir’s uncalled for remarks reflect his complete ignorance of Johor’s history.

“My great-grandfather Sultan Sir Ibrahim in 1920 made the clarion call Bangsa Johor to unite the various races in Johor under one flag for greater cooperation, harmony and peaceful existence. No race or individual was marginalised. He has been proven correct.

“The Bangsa Johor concept was initiated even before Tun Mahathir was born. He has no idea of what he is talking about,” said the Sultan.

Dr Mahathir, asked for his opinion about the Bangsa Johor concept at the 20th Perdana Dialogue Series themed “Federal-States Relations” at the Perdana Leadership Founda-tion yesterday, had said unity among Malaysians could slide if the people practised too much parochialism.

Dr Mahathir said the people should all be known as Malaysians, instead of the people of Johor or Kedah because “only when we are united can the nation prosper”.

While Johor has the right to promote the idea of Bangsa Johor, Dr Mahathir said what should be pushed instead was for the people to embrace that they are all Malaysians rather than identifying themselves from the state they originate from.

“After all, we are all citizens of Malaysia, irrespective of our colour, religion, ethnicity or even position,” Dr Mahathir had said.

Sultan Ibrahim yesterday said Dr Mahathir was not qualified to talk about unity.

“He is going around dividing the people including the Malays, while I am uniting Malaysians of all races including the Malays,” he said.

Sultan Ibrahim said Dr Mahathir should understand all states enjoyed their own unique pride but that did not mean they were leaving the Federation.

“It is a figment of Dr Mahathir’s imagination. He is stirring the hornet’s nest and my advice to him is to keep his mouth shut.”

Sultan Ibrahim said Dr Mahathir had earned a reputation for being a confrontational person who had caused division, especially in his foreign relations policy.

“He has quarrelled with many world leaders including with our neighbour Singapore and putting Malaysia in a spot.

“And now he talks about unity with an incredible straight face.

“Tun Mahathir is the root cause of the present problems in the country. He has no right to interfere in my state. I will not tolerate his antics,” the Johor Sultan said.

http://www.malaysia-today.net/johor-sultan-hits-out-at-mahathir/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2016 10:57 AM | Show all posts
I tunggu response mahathir, this is fun!

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 10:58 AM | Show all posts

sooner bangsa melayu akan bergasak semasa sendiri

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 25-8-2016 11:09 AM | Show all posts
Well. he makes more sense than you know who anak beranak..

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:10 AM | Show all posts
dendam lama.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-8-2016 11:16 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Bangsa paling krlakar a

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-8-2016 11:25 AM | Show all posts
PETALING JAYA: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (pic) has apologised for making amendments to the Federal Constitution which removes the requirement for the Yang di-Pertuan Agong's assent before a new act of Parliament comes into force.

"I sincerely apologise for making the amendment as it is open to misinterpretation," said the former prime minister.

"It would seem that because of the amendment, the new National Security Council (NSC) law has become operational even though the Yang di-Pertuan Agong has not signed it," he said on his blog on Thursday.

Dr Mahathir said the amendment was not for all laws.

ADVERTISEMENT

He clarified that the amendment did not invalidate the other powers of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, which number more than thirty.

"Some laws passed by Parliament will still need the consent and signature of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.

"In fact there are more than thirty proceedings listed out in the Constitution that still need the Agong's approval frequently without the advice of the Prime Minister," he said.

Dr Mahathir said that among those that still needed the approval of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong was the declaration of a state of emergency.

He cited Article 150 of the Proclamation of Emergency that states that the powers "to proclaim an emergency solely rests with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and may not be challenged."

He claimed that there was no mention that the Yang di-Pertuan Agong could only act on the advice of the Prime Minister.

"The Yang di-Pertuan Agong can even promulgate an ordinance which shall have the same force as an Act of Parliament," he said.

Dr Mahathir also claimed that the new NSC Act, that "gives" the prime minister power similar to that of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong is derogatory to Article 38(4) which states "no law directly affecting the privileges, position, honours or dignities of the Rulers shall be passed without the consent of the Conference of Rulers".

"Effectively the NSC had taken away the power and the right of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong. For this to be done the consent of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and the Conference of Rulers has to be obtained," he said, adding that Article 130 entitled the Yang di-Pertuan Agong to refer the question of the NSC Act's legality to the Federal Court.
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/n ... stitutional-change/

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:27 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Betul juga apa madey cakap tu

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:30 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sejak bangsa2 johor.. Annoying hokay
Perasan menyatukan

He is going around dividing the people, including the Malays, while I am uniting Malaysians of all races, including the Malays," Sultan Ibrahim is quoted as saying by The Star today

Bangsa johor tu bukan assabiah ikut kenegerian bukan as malaysian ayo mak malas nak cakap

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:32 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Lagi satu, kalo nak kritik sistem pendidikan make sure you are right person

Use magic Report

protonpersona replied at 25-8-2016 11:16 AM
Bangsa paling krlakar a

Ciri ciri bangsa melayu = islam, bercakap bahasa melayu, amalkan cara hidup melayu

Kalau orang tanya ciri ciri bangsa johor = sembang kencang, berbual dengan rakan sebelah di stadium, tabur garam..hahaha

Use magic Report

Malas nak cakap.. Nanti jadi mcm peyno..

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:34 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
wana89 replied at 25-8-2016 11:30 AM
Sejak bangsa2 johor.. Annoying hokay
Perasan menyatukan

Best je dia kutuk tun m memecahbelahkan malaysia n melayu..hahaha padahal xpuas hati orang tua tu lucutkan kuasa dia..macam mana sultan johor masih terlibat dengan perniagaan secara berleluasa di negeri johor dan negeri lain dalam malaysia??kan tu bertentangan dengan perlembagaan

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-8-2016 11:35 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
wana89 replied at 25-8-2016 11:32 AM
Lagi satu, kalo nak kritik sistem pendidikan make sure you are right person

Nak bagi dia nampak educated lah tu..tu poyo poyo kritik sistem pendidikan..

By the way..nak kritik sistem pendidikan je ke kena the right person??kita kritik sultan xpe??hahaha

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:42 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ResellerMaxis replied at 25-8-2016 11:34 AM
Best je dia kutuk tun m memecahbelahkan malaysia n melayu..hahaha padahal xpuas hati orang tua tu  ...

Wana xtahu apa fungsi khalid nordin jat johor tu
Sapa yg mb ni??

Sultan beli terlibat dalam perniagaan terutama property, susah hokay..kalo kena reject sebab xikut law.. Ko rasa bam

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
nirman replied at 25-8-2016 10:57 AM
I tunggu response mahathir, this is fun!

Yup,  in this matter i'm with MAMAKANDA

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2016 11:45 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ResellerMaxis replied at 25-8-2016 11:35 AM
Nak bagi dia nampak educated lah tu..tu poyo poyo kritik sistem pendidikan..

At least kalo soltan nazrin or kerabat n9 bercakap.. Xpun tengku mahkota kelantan pun..mungkin orang akan reapect..

Ni kalo.. Hmmmm.. Malas la tp paham2 la sendiri diri tu dimana.. Org senyum sinis jer bila cakap pasal sistem pendidikan..pendidikan kat malaysia dikatakan hauk pun xlepas.. Mcm mana tu

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 01:36 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.398001 second(s), 51 queries .