ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: adila39

[Penulis] KHALIL GIBRAN

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 12-12-2018 07:24 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
THE SACRIFICE
I paste few paragraphs on Broken Wings

One day in the late part of June, as the people left the city for the mountain to avoid the heat of summer, I
went as usual to the temple to meet Selma, carrying with me a little book of Andalusian poems. As I reached
the temple I sat there waiting for Selma, glancing at intervals at the pages of my book, reciting those verses
which filled my heart with ecstasy and brought to my soul the memory of the kings, poets, and knights who
bade farewell to Granada, and left, with tears in their eyes and sorrow in their hearts, their palaces, institutions
and hopes behind. In an hour I saw Selma walking in the midst of the gardens and I approaching the temple,
leaning on her parasol as if she were carrying all the worries of the world upon her shoulders. As she entered
the temple and sat by me, I noticed some sort of change in her eyes and I was anxious to inquire about it.
Selma felt what was going on in my mind, and she put her hand on my head and said, "Come close to me,
come my beloved, come and let me quench my thirst, for the hour of separation has come."
I asked her, "Did your husband find out about our meeting her?" She responded, "My husband does not care
about me, neither does he know how I spend my time, for he is busy with those poor girls whom poverty has
driven into the houses of ill fame; those girls who sell their bodies for bread, kneaded with blood and tears."
I inquired, "What prevents you from coming to this temple and sitting by me reverently before God? Is your
soul requesting our separation.?"
She answered with tears in her eyes, "No, my beloved, my spirit did not ask for separation, for you are a part
of me. My eyes never get tired of looking at you, for you are their light; but if destiny ruled that I should walk
the rough path of life loaded with shackles, would I be satisfied if your fate should be like mine?" Then she
added, "I cannot say everything, because the tongue is mute with pain and cannot talk; the lips are sealed with
misery and cannot move; all I can say to you is that I am afraid you may fall in the same trap I fell in."

The Broken Wings
THE SACRIFICE

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 12-12-2018 07:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
When love beckons to you follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you. And when he speaks to you believe in him, Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden. For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth......

Anywone boleh enterprate above?

Have a good day and pleasant readingla ya

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-12-2018 12:33 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My kind of books

" Trust in dreams, for them its hidden the gate to eternity"

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 16-12-2018 02:43 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
adila39 replied at 16-12-2018 12:33 PM
My kind of books

" Trust in dreams, for them its hidden the gate to eternity"

dila beli kat kino ke?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-12-2018 06:46 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
KILL_NANCY replied at 16-12-2018 06:43 AM
dila beli kat kino ke?

tak kill, amazon and kirim... Kino ada je

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-12-2018 06:50 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by adila39 at 16-12-2018 10:52 AM

Khalil Gibran banyak diterjemah dalam pelbagai bahasa.
what do u think yang ni.

kisahku - Kahlil Gibran

KisahKu
Dengarkan kisahku... .
Dengarkan,
tetapi jangan menaruh belas kasihan padaku:
kerana belas kasihan menyebabkan kelemahan, padahal aku masih tegar dalam penderitaanku..
Jika kita mencintai,
cinta kita bukan dari diri kita, juga bukan untuk diri kita.
Jika kita bergembira,
kegembiraan kita bukan berada dalam diri kita, tapi dalam Hidup itu sendiri.
Jika kita menderita,
kesakitan kita tidak terletak pada luka kita, tapi dalam hati nurani alam.
Jangan kau anggap bahawa cinta itu datang kerana pergaulan yang lama atau rayuan yang terus menerus.
Cinta adalah tunas pesona jiwa,
dan jika tunas ini tak tercipta dalam sesaat,
ia takkan tercipta bertahun-tahun atau bahkan dari generasi ke generasi.
Wanita yang menghiasi tingkah lakunya dengan keindahan jiwa dan raga adalah sebuah kebenaran,
yang terbuka namun rahsia;
ia hanya dapat difahami melalui cinta,
hanya dapat disentuh dengan kebaikan;
dan ketika kita mencuba untuk menggambarkannya ia menghilang bagai segumpal wap

(Kahlil Gibran)

I reckon, most his writings i feel like it is potraying himself a loner...sedih manjang. Pasti ada yg happy and inspiring...baru balik and mood melankolik je manjang sekarang ni. But it's good i can write more then

Home atas sofa.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 22-12-2018 08:52 PM | Show all posts
“Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.”

The Prophet

Somehow, mcm tak suka pulak makna poem ni....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2018 05:57 PM | Show all posts
adila39 replied at 4-12-2018 11:14 PM
Ye Ipo, cuba baca Hermit and the beasts. u kalau menulis nanti buatla situasi and moment yg u know ...

sorry, baru jenguk cari ni

wah! ada 4 manuskrip?
hantarlah ke publisher

ada banyak publishers:

Karya Seni
KarnaDya Publishing
Penerbitan Dear Novels
Anaasaa Publication
Suara Hati Publication
Idea Kreatif Publication
Intens Publication
SR publication
Fajar Pakeer
Prologmed publication
Buku Prima
Dan lain-lain

Publishers lain khas untuk horror, thriller, mystery, fantasy manuscript
Fixi
Lejen
Pukat Pikat Press
banyak lagi..dah tak ingat

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-12-2018 11:28 PM | Show all posts
Ipo replied at 25-12-2018 09:57 AM
sorry, baru jenguk cari ni

wah! ada 4 manuskrip?

Thank you untuk semua info tu ipo.

Tapi teknik kita sangat terukla. Sebab no basic knowlege hanya tulis sbb minat. So level forum je la. huhuhuh but who knows.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-12-2018 11:33 PM | Show all posts
Edited by adila39 at 25-12-2018 03:36 PM

Salam semua.

Today nak tulis pasal  " The Wanderer "

Poem yang antaranya best ialah

The Eagle and The Skylark

A skylark and an eagle met on a rock upon a high hill. The skylark said, "Good morrow to you, Sir." And the eagle looked down upon him and said faintly, "Good morrow."

And the skylark said, "I hope all things are well with you, Sir."

"Aye," said the eagle, "all is well with us. But do you not know that we are the king of birds, and that you shall not address us before we ourselves have spoken?"

Said the skylark, "Methinks we are of the same family."

The eagle looked upon him with disdain and he said, "Who ever has said that you and I are of the same family?"

Then said the skylark, "But I would remind you of this, I can fly even as high as you, and I can sing and give delight to the other creatures of this earth. And you give neither pleasure nor delight."

Then the eagle was angered, and he said, "Pleasure and delight! You little presumptuous creature! With one thrust of my beak I could destroy you. You are but the size of my foot."

Then the skylark flew up and alighted upon the back of the eagle and began to pick at his feathers. The eagle was annoyed, and he flew swift and high that he might rid himself of the little bird. But he failed to do so. At last he dropped back to that very rock upon the high hill, more fretted than ever, with the little creature still upon his back, and cursing the fate of the hour.

Now at that moment a small turtle came by and laughed at the sight, and laughed so hard the she almost turned upon her back.

And the eagle looked down upon the turtle and he said, "You slow creeping thing, ever one with the earth, what are you laughing at?"

And the turtle said, "Why I see that you are turned horse, and that you have a small bird riding you, but the small bird is the better bird."

And the eagle said to her, "Go you about your business. This is a family affair between my brother, the lark, and myself." New Thought Media builds higher consciousness.

ps : Small stories but meaningful and full of wisdom.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-1-2019 11:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
KAHLIL GIBRAN - LOVE LETTERS
The professors in the academy say, "Do not make the model more beautiful than she is," and my soul whispers, "O if you could only paint the model as beautiful as she really is."

(Extract from one of Gibran's letters dated 8th November 1908)

Each and every one of us, dear Mary, must have a resting place somewhere. The resting place of my soul is a beautiful grove where my knowledge of you lives.

Let me, O let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.

When I am a stranger in a large city I like to sleep in different rooms, eat in different places, walk through unknown streets, and watch the unknown people who pass. I love to be the solitary traveller !

(Extract from one of Gibran's letters dated 16th May 1911)

Imagination sees the complete reality, - it is where past, present and future meet... Imagination is limited neither to the reality which is apparent - nor to one place. It lives everywhere. It is at a centre and feels the vibrations of all the circles within which east and west are virtually included. Imagination is the life of mental freedom. It realizes what everything is in its many aspects ... Imagination does not uplift: we don't want to be uplifted, we want to be more completely aware.

(Gibran's words quoted from Mary Haskell's journal dated 7th June 1912)

I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.

(Gibran's words quoted from Mary Haskell's journal dated 7th June 1912)

I realized that all the trouble I ever had about you came from some smallness or fear in myself.

(Extract from Mary Haskell's journal dated 12th June 1912)

Mary, what is there in a storm that moves me so ? Why am I so much better and stronger and more certain of life when a storm is passing ? I do not know, and yet I love a storm more, far more, than anything in nature.

(Extract from one of Gibran's letters dated 14th August 1912)

The most wonderful thing, Mary, is that you and I are always walking together, hand in hand, in a strangely beautiful world, unknown to other people. We both stretch one hand to receive from Life - and Life is generous indeed.

(Extract from one of Gibran's letters dated 22nd October 1912)

If I can open a new corner in a man's own heart to him I have not lived in vain. Life itself is the thing, not joy or pain or happiness or unhappiness. To hate is as good as to love - an enemy may be as good as a friend. Live for yourself - live your life. Then you are most truly the friend of man. - I am different every day - and when I am eighty, I shall still be experimenting and changing. Work that I have done no longer concerns me - it is past. I have too much on hand in life itself.

(Gibran's words quoted from Mary Haskell's journal dated 25th December 1912)

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-1-2019 08:11 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Joy & sorrow

Lama tak share.. Now reading ni...

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-10-2021 12:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
omg i lupa i tulis.. @Catpaw i boleh continue ka? thread lama tapi

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 01:47 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.890754 second(s), 37 queries .