Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: limau_nipis

Historical Romance

[Copy link]
Post time 11-3-2007 08:54 AM | Show all posts

Reply #158 wymer's post

Kedua dua buku ni ader kat kedai sewa buku..nak pinjam esok..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-3-2007 12:27 AM | Show all posts

Reply #158 wymer's post

tak pernah lagi baca victoria alexander.... tadi gi website dia, macam best gak cite-cite dia.... esok nak carik la...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-3-2007 08:15 AM | Show all posts
taraaa.. i have finished this book last saturday.. nak start ngan buku lain puleee..

From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. Deftly evoking not only the romantic tension between hero and heroine but also the conflicts and challenges of the Victorian era, this superb romance from Kleypas launches her new series centered on the Wallflowers, four young ladies who are sick of being snubbed and overlooked by London's bachelors and who have banded together to find themselves husbands. Beautiful Annabelle Peyton represents Old World aristocracy; she's genteel but impoverished and desperately trying to maintain the appearance of wealth. Commoner Simon Hunt, on the other hand, is a brash, ambitious entrepreneur who has made a fortune investing in industry and railroads and is only marginally accepted by society. As Annabelle attempts to trap a moneyed aristocrat into marriage梬ith the help of her vivacious fellow Wallflowers, of course桽imon boldly pursues her, first with the desire to make her his mistress and then with far more noble intentions. The scenes involving Annabelle and the three other Wallflowers梩wo impudent American girls and a shy, stuttering English heiress梐re almost as enjoyable as the ones in which Annabelle and Simon try to outmaneuver each other. The protagonists inevitably wind up at the altar, but their story doesn't end there. Kleypas delves deeper, touching on Annabelle's changing mindset (specifically, her growing admiration of Simon's working-class roots and her acceptance of everything he stands for) and Simon's insecurity over taking her away from polite society. By turns amusing, sensual and sober, but always compelling, this is a first-rate offering from a truly talented storyteller.

My own review:
This is a really develop storyline, I prefere the book much better than the 3rd Wallflower series: Devil in Winter. The book is the 1st in the Wallflower series, and it clearly described how the 4 Wallflowers (Annabelle, Lilian, Evie and Daisy) strike a relationship with each other and pledge on finding a husband for each one of them.

The book is truly enjoyable, with excellent storyline. The hero (Simon Hunt) is not from some high aristocrat, but a thriving industrialist who is rich due to his quick business nature. I love the fact that the hero is a normal person and not from the lords of Englands.

As for Annabelle, she is a determined young woman who upholds her values high and determined not to be a mistress.

I would give this book 4/5 stars.. maybe the writer should develop a storyline about Hodgeham (the evil old man) and how Annabelle's mother coped with her life after the incident with Hodgeham

Use magic Report

Post time 12-3-2007 03:17 PM | Show all posts

Reply #163 limau_nipis's post

sume buku wall flower series by kisa kleypas best2. saya paling suka kisah daisy tapi tak ingat tajuk dia.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2007 10:27 AM | Show all posts
VA -The Wedding Bargain

baca halfway.. pastu lost interest....

hehehe.. mungkin taste sekarang lebih ke fantasy/vampire/alternate reality romances kot..

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2007 10:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wymer at 12-3-2007 03:17 PM
sume buku wall flower series by kisa kleypas best2. saya paling suka kisah daisy tapi tak ingat tajuk dia.

dah baca wallflower series ni.. anabele, daisy & evie... ananabelle, of course best sebab she's the first of the them, daisy okey je.. plg best evie sebab the hero is sooo unheroic mula2 tapi last2 matured. yg belum baca is Lilian.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-3-2007 10:33 AM | Show all posts

Reply #162 nescafekopi's post

Saya pon plan nak sewa...

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2007 02:11 PM | Show all posts

Reply #162 nescafekopi's post

try la. mmg best.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-3-2007 07:20 PM | Show all posts
yatie dah baca all four. to me annabelle punya story ok la. better than daisy's. i like evie's story better. lillian pun best. kelakar jugak.
sebelum ni tak penah baca lisa kleypas punya books. but after reading the wallflowers series ni, minat dah mula timbul nak cari buku2 lain by her.

siapa boleh recommend buku mana yg patut yatie beli?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 12:51 AM | Show all posts

Reply #168 wymer's post

thank you.... hari tu tak sempat nak beli sebab ujan lebat sesangat.... baru je habis suzanne enoch, meet me at midnight.... kawan yang punye....

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 05:33 PM | Show all posts

Reply #169 yatiedin's post

buku lisa kleypas yg lain saya suka suddenly you.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 08:28 PM | Show all posts
Blom lagi sempat beli buku VA...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 09:48 PM | Show all posts

Reply #172 KRUfan's post

susah jugak rupanya nak cari buku VA.... tadi tanya bookshop nye owner, dia kata ada orang dah pinjam.... dia suruh datang lagik minggu depan...

jadi sewa buku cerita His Wicked Ways by Samantha James.... pilih pun sebab Lisa Kleypas yang bagi review.... so far jalan cerita quite interesting....

Use magic Report

Post time 14-3-2007 10:09 PM | Show all posts
saya nak pinjam love with the proper husband...lepas tu nak pinjam buku dier yg lain plak.....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-3-2007 01:27 PM | Show all posts
takde berkesempatan lagi baca buku sekarang ni..... ermmm nak kena ambik cuti ni nak baca buku... jeles dgr review u all... best2

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2007 08:43 PM | Show all posts
Last Friday, I bought two books..there goes my budget.. The Hazards of Hunting A Duke by Julia London and also The Sinful Nights Of a Nobleman by
Jillian HUnter..Cerita2 by Julia London pun best jugak especially The Devil's Love..sedih jugak..

Actually, Cup dah stop dah beli buku2 nih..Konon2 nak save duit..Tapi bila dah start balik mmg addicted lah pulakks

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-3-2007 08:50 PM | Show all posts

Reply #176 cupcakes's post

buku jillian hunter tu best gak tapi julia london saya tak penah bace la. best tak buku dia?

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2007 09:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wymer at 17-3-2007 08:50 PM
buku jillian hunter tu best gak tapi julia london saya tak penah bace la. best tak buku dia?

So far buku Julia London yg Cup baca mmg best..The Devil's Love, Wicked Angel and Ruthless Charmer..Yg Highlander Series tu tak pernah baca..
Try baca The Devil's Love..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-3-2007 09:17 PM | Show all posts

Reply #176 cupcakes's post

cup, i pun actually dah lama berhenti historical romance genres ni.. tapi tah la, start ujung last year, tiba2 rancak balik... gara-gara forum ni laa

lagipun i mmg membesar ngan buku historical romance, my aunt masa tu kat UK, suka kumpul buku2 ni.. i ni curious, tu yg terstart baca.. masa umur 11 tahun you!

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2007 09:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by limau_nipis at 18-3-2007 09:17 PM
cup, i pun actually dah lama berhenti historical romance genres ni.. tapi tah la, start ujung last year, tiba2 rancak balik... gara-gara forum ni laa

lagipun i mmg membesar ngan buku histo ...

Cup mula2 start baca Mills & Boon masa sekolah menengah..Pinjam kawan2 punya..Tak ingat mcmana pulak terjebak dgn historical romance..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 05:46 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055194 second(s), 42 queries .