Author: mardhiah12

JODI PICOULT

[Copy link]
Post time 18-5-2009 10:23 AM | Show all posts
hmmm bru nak start eboook... Songs of the Humpback Whale'

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-3-2010 02:10 PM | Show all posts
dah beli handle with care...blum start baca.....so far xde sesapa review kat sini...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-3-2010 08:35 AM | Show all posts
handle with care engaging sangat!

sorry la lama tak reply/komen di forum, byk hal sangat. saya pun baru balik haji, terus slow down mood. saya siap berjaga malam nak sudahkan buku tu. dahlah pinjam buku kawan, macam nak lunyai dibuatnya

Ini resensi saya di goodreads.com

my review  
review:         Even though Picoult's book sometimes feel a bit too lengthy, I still couldn't ignore this one. The book had me hooked to it from starting till the end. Charlotte & Sean has only one child from their marriage, unfortunately Willow was born with OI (osteogenesis imperfecta) - brittle bone disease. The story started with a family trip with severe outcome, the parents were pinpointed abusing their kids, when they made a trip to Disneyland.

As usual, the narrative comes from different cha...more Even though Picoult's book sometimes feel a bit too lengthy, I still couldn't ignore this one. The book had me hooked to it from starting till the end. Charlotte & Sean has only one child from their marriage, unfortunately Willow was born with OI (osteogenesis imperfecta) - brittle bone disease. The story started with a family trip with severe outcome, the parents were pinpointed abusing their kids, when they made a trip to Disneyland.

As usual, the narrative comes from different characters. How being a mother, Charlotte, had to forgo her dream of opening a bakery, just to take care of her child, Willow? How the burden of financial responsibility fall on the father, Sean, who works as a police officer? How does Amelia, their other daughter cope with Willow?

Charlotte, was on breaking point, and she decided to sue her obgyn, her best friend, Piper. Unfortunately, it lead to other events as well, she severed her relationship with Piper; her daughter, Amelia, lost her friend, Emma, while the whole town looked down at them. They were seen as money digger. Even Sean, Charlotte's husband testify against her.

So revolting, life altering indeed. But reading this book, made you feel the pain of a mother who had to spend years watching her child incapable of doing nothing. Charlotte was stuck in the middle, to provide for Willow or to carry the financial burden forever.

The ending, maybe predictable to some. It's clichéd to what Picoult always deliver. As usual, Picoult was able to play with issues in hand, and make the characters livable.

I love this quote though.

"Things that break - be they bones, hearts, or promises-can be put back together but will never really be whole."

Use magic Report

Post time 31-3-2010 11:21 AM | Show all posts
slm mardhiah #63

ada forumer said 19 minutes is the best from picoult...what say u?i mean compared to handle with care

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-3-2010 03:55 PM | Show all posts
19 minutes tu a bit disturbing. i've read 19 minutes. and i would say this, she won't disappoint you with 'handle with care'. unlike the tenth circle - huh mengecewakan betul..  tahulah picoult tu macam mana, dia punya cerita selalu ada dari macam-macam side.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-4-2010 10:33 AM | Show all posts
mmg best 'handle with care'...br je abes....two thumbs up!
emosi berterabur bc picoult..hehe...kna cari novel cintan cintun nih,bg stabil blk emo

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-4-2010 01:38 PM | Show all posts
baru habis baca My Sister's Keeper

nanti nak beli 19 minutes plak from you guys punya good review

Use magic Report

Post time 24-4-2010 10:27 AM | Show all posts
BEST SELLING BOOKS
-courtesy of Borders Bookstores

1. GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST -Stieg Larsson
2. LOVELY BONES -Alice Sebold
3. THE LAST SONG -Nicholas Sparks
4. HOUSE RULES -Jodi Picoult
5. GIRL WITH DRAGON TATTOO -Stieg Larsson
6. ANGELOLOGY -Danielle Trussoni
7. FORD COUNTY -John Grisham
8. JULIET NAKED -Nick Homby
9. ICE CREAM GIRLS -Dorothy Koomson
10. ANGEL'S GAME -Carlos Ruis Zafon

souce: The Sun Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-5-2010 10:54 AM | Show all posts
I baru habis baca My Sister's Keeper...
Ending, of course unpredictable...
Touching and powerful,
Strong enough to make me cry..
Appreciate ur family when they're still around...
That's the most important moral that i've learnt from this story..

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2010 12:38 PM | Show all posts
baru2 ni g kedai buku terpakai dekat chowrasta tu jumpa buku2 picoult...ada dua tajuk..baru lg,sapa bminat bleh la g sana

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2011 01:52 PM | Show all posts
bru habis baca HOUSE RULES...

wah...best...nice story...touching...

my favourite quotes from this book:

"Human heart is a simple shelf.there's so much U can pile onto it b4 s/thg falls off the edge & U R left to pick up the pieces"

‎" Expressions on ppl faces R not always Reflections of how they feel inside.."

"i CANNOT take away your sadness, so WHY shuld i acknowledge it...?"

when someone DIES, it feels like the HOLE in your gum when a tooth falss out..
U can chew, U can eat, U v plenty on other teeth, but your tongue keeps going back to that EMPTY PLACE - where all the nerves r still raw..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2011 03:10 PM | Show all posts
fly de dload ebook jodi picoult - sing you homecuma yg x best ...
dpt bc smpai 200+ pages jer
sebb incomplete rupanyer
no wonder size file nyer kecik
dlm 10mb ... dlm bentuk pdf

tgh cari yg full tp mostly dlm bentuk audio
kene tunggu full version jwp nyer
nak beli buku nyer
belum de paperback size biasa .... yg rega RM 32.90
yg de paperback size besar rega RM 59.90

so far jln cite dia ok

eh tp kan cm ner buku sing you home yg background ttg lesbian nie leh masuk msia?
mmg ler jodi picoult nie de selitkan unsur kekeluargaan
cuma gay-theme story ....
bukan fly against cuma wondering
pe2 pun mmg nak bc smpai bis ...

Use magic Report

Post time 27-12-2011 09:03 PM | Show all posts
kat sini rupanya jodi picoult

iols ade 2buku picoult, sister's keeper n plain truth..i read quarter page of plain truth, iols pening, sbb heavy.....tapi iols suka sebenar nya, it juz tat i was having prob tat time, so bila baca tu rasa serabut

sister's keeper tu havent read it yet..been in my shelf for 1 n half years..hahaha..but recently, picoult got my interest in handle wif care...rasa cam bes jah...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-12-2011 09:29 AM | Show all posts
Reply 73# ShaCroft

my first book with jodi picoult was nineteen minutes... it was engaging. about high school shooting.. and the problem is i like the shooter.. OMG! why? because the shooter was being shunned by his friends at school, and from his side of story, he has been ridiculed since he entered kindergarten. to make matter worse, he had the perfect brother who seemed to have it all...

jodi picoult is worth the time

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2012 10:27 PM | Show all posts
JP ni.... biasanya plot berulang... dr perspektif watak berlainan...

contoh mcm dlm Whale song  ( the 1st JP i read)  ... kejap mother's view... nxt chapter  daughter's view... pastu the father's view... klu nak kira progress cerita sebenarnya... 1/3 jer dr tebal novel tu...

gorg perasan  PICTURE PERFECT pon mcm tu... kejap heroin's view...pastu hubby nya...pastu si Indian policeman's view... cerita sebenar hanya 1/3 jer laaa... over all yg ni ok jg... sbb kisah abusive hb

the 3 book i read... HOUSE RULES.. (the best so far) ...pon style sama... kejap jd maknya...kejap view si anak autisme tu... kejap adiknya...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2012 09:40 AM | Show all posts
oh house rules best ek, berabuk dah buku tu kat rumah... masa mula2 launch kat uk dulu, harganya gbp 8 (hard cover).. hihihih

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-1-2012 11:19 PM | Show all posts
JP kadang2 OK, kadang2 tak.. It all depends..Kena baca review baru saya baca..

Use magic Report

Post time 21-12-2013 04:56 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mmm dah baca
Handle with care. ..House rules  ...Sister's Keeper

rasa mcm settings yg sama..
Plot sama...
Cuma crisis je lain sket...sket je...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2015 08:36 PM | Show all posts
Dah berhabuk thread ni. Saja nak up kan balik. Hehe.. Im a huge fan of her books. Kat big bad wolf bln 12 tahun lepas sangat banyak novel dia.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2015 10:11 PM | Show all posts
dekat BBW buku dia banyak... kat section romance...
tp kat intro benang ni kata her theme more on family issues...
tp tengok cover mcm more to feminine reader

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 06:11 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.384196 second(s), 41 queries .