ADVERTISEMENT

Author: katt

LEE BYUNG HUN 이병헌

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 18-11-2015 11:58 AM | Show all posts

October 14, 2015

Film completes cartoon 'Inside Men'

By Baek Byung-yeul The Korea Times

Actors Baek Yoon-sik, from left, Lee Byung-hun and Jo Seung-woo, director Woo Min-ho and Yoon Tae-ho, original author of upcoming film "Inside Men" pose during a press conference at a theater in Apgujeong, Seoul, on Oct. 8. / Courtesy of Showbox

Star cartoonist Yoon Tae-ho's incomplete comic strip "Inside Men" will be concluded in a film of the same title next month.

Yoon, best credited for his online comic strip "Misaeng" (An incomplete life), serialized "Inside Men" in a local newspaper for three years from 2010 to 2012, but abruptly stopped releasing the comic strip.

"Inside Men" is a political thriller revolving around three protagonists ― Lee Kang-hee, a chief editorial writer at an influential conservative newspaper who manipulates public opinion by pulling strings with political figures, Ahn Sang-goo, a political henchman who takes revenge against the political, business and media moguls, and Woo Jang-hoon, an ambitious prosecutor who joins hands with Ahn to investigate political and business tycoons.

During a movie premiere, actor Lee Byung-hun, who plays Ahn, explains his character as a dumb bear with a fox mask on.

"In the film, Ahn tries to be tricky, but he always falls into his own trap," Lee said at a theater in Apgujeong, Seoul, on Oct. 8.

"When I chose this film, I didn't have a chance to read Yoon's original work... But director Woo Min-ho told me I don't need to because my character has changed a lot from the original work. For reference, I read the incomplete cartoon, and saw that the gangster's character is far from that in the original comic strip."

Lee and actor Baek Yoon-sik, who features as editorial chief Lee, both agreed that they decided to act in the film because they became greatly interested in the script when they first read it.

"I got the picture while I was reading the screenplay," Baek said. "Based on the script and the original cartoon work, I attempted to create my own version of the editorial chief before shooting."

Actor Jo, who takes the role of prosecutor Woo Jang-hoon, said he refused to join the cast three times because his character was not originally in the cartoon version.

"Frankly, I am an avid fan of Yoon's work. I have read all of his cartoon work. So, when I was cast for the film at first, I had to turn the offer down as there is no reference to my position because there was a photo journalist in the cartoon instead of the prosecutor," Jo said, adding he decided to appear in the end due to director Woo's persuasion.

"When I was young, actor Lee was one of my idols," Jo said. "The idea that I could work with him made me change my mind. I don't even remember how I could finish the first shoot because I had cold feet."

Yoon said he stopped drawing the political thriller because he could not handle the story any longer. "I stopped making the series judging that I could not control the enormous story anymore," he said.

"Actually, I received the script written by director Woo, but I didn't try to read it. My work was incomplete and director Woo finished it. That's why I stopped turning the pages of the script. I would like to enjoy the film version as a member of the audience as well."

"Inside Men" will hit theaters in November.

baekby@ktimes.com

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 11:59 AM | Show all posts
October 19, 2015

Remastered Version of 'Joint Security Area' Released

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

The remastered version of "Joint Security Area" was released last weekend, 15 year after the film first came out.

The original film has been converted to a digital format, improving the sound and picture quality.

The movie revolves around the death of two North Korean soldiers in the demilitarized zone. When it first hit cinemas in 2000, it received acclaim from movie fans and critiques alike.

Park Chan-wook, known for "Old Boy" and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," directed the film, starring Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Lee Young-ae and Shin Ha-kyun.

It is being screened at the art center operated by Myung Film, the producer of the film, in Paju, Gyeonggi Province every weekend with more venues coming soon.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:00 PM | Show all posts
Edited by katt at 4-8-2018 12:52 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:01 PM | Show all posts

Published on October 15, 2015 by 민병석

Korean Movie Inside Men, 2015 Webtoon vs Film Video

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:02 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:03 PM | Show all posts
October 16, 2015

Thanks to Barbara for the translation and sharing at LBH Baidu

Excerpt of the interview on SBS Midnight TV Entertainment shown on October 14th

“Jo Seung Woo exposed that Lee Byung Hun’s actual character is the fear of loneliness and liked being “abused”?

Having vowed to cooperate with Lee Byung Hun, Jo Seung Woo said: "At the first shooting, I was not thinking but just admiring Lee Byung Hun’s acting and feeling very grateful.”

In respect of this, Lee Byung Hun said: "From the start, he treated me like a younger brother.” At this point, Jo Seung Woo patted Lee Byung Hun’s shoulder lightly and said: “People born in 1970 ‘Year of the Dog’ fear loneliness, they like to rely on their juniors. In addition, they do not mind being treated casually.” The audience in the studio broke out in laughter . Lee Byung Hun was born in 1970, the Year of the Dog.

In addition, the “Insiders" adapted from Yoon Tae Ho’s web-toon, discussed politicians, members of Parliament, large corporate executives, gangs, Interpol, and other documentary writers and dissected incisively corruption and malpractices in Korean Society.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:05 PM | Show all posts
October 18, 2015

'The Insiders' now rated R

(Show Box)

Upcoming movie “The Insiders,” starring actors Lee Byung-hun and Jo Seung-woo has been rated R after a thorough discussion by the Korea Media Rating Board on Saturday.

According to the Korea Media Rating Board, the contents of the story portraying the criminal underworld in relation to politics include violence and vulgar language.

“As some of the contents are deemed dangerous for youngsters who could possibly commit a copycat crime, the movie needed a special warning,” said an official.

“The Insiders” is based on a popular Web-cartoon of the same name that focuses on corruption in the political arena within Korean society. It is set to premiere in November.

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:07 PM | Show all posts
October 19, 2015

Credit: Guillermo del Toro

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:08 PM | Show all posts
October 21, 2015

JSA 15th Anniversary: Cast profile photos in 2000 released

Source: Nate ++

Clockwise from top: Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Lee Young Ae, Kim Tae Woo, Shin Ha Kyun

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:09 PM | Show all posts
Source: kayeon_movie

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:11 PM | Show all posts
October 30, 2015

Classic films get another shot in Korean theaters

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Classics are worth revisiting for they still manage to resonate with present-day audiences.

That is why re-releasing old films has become a trend in Korean cinemas over the past few years.

Recently, a number of popular older movies are making a comeback, up to 30 years after their original release.

One blast from the past is the legendary romance flick by Michel Gondry and Charlie Kaufman, “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.”

Anybody who has experienced the pain of lost love can remember shedding a few tears while watching this film, which depicts a heart-wrenching love story between Joel (Jim Carrey) and Clementine (Kate Winslet).

The previously inseparable couple now can’t even stand to eat at the same table. Hurt and disappointed, Clementine decides to erase her memories of Joel. Feeling betrayed, Joel also decides to have his memories altered, only to realize he wants to keep those memories, no matter how painful they may be.

The film is revisiting the Korean audience to celebrate the 10th anniversary of its release here.

Also joining the re-release club are the first and second installments of the hit “Back to the Future” series.

The sensational ’80s sci-fi movies are about the time-traveling adventures of a teenage boy named Marty (Michael J. Fox) in a time machine invented by Dr. Brown (Christopher Lloyd).

To commemorate the date of Oct. 21, 2015, which is when Marty arrives in the future in the second movie, digitally remastered versions of “Back to the Future” (1985) and “Back to the Future Part II” (1989) were released worldwide last week.

Amid the buzz about what director Robert Zemeckis got right and wrong about the future, the films are enjoying a surprising level of success.

Since they opened in Korean theaters on Oct. 21, the movies have collected 20,000 ticket admissions as of Tuesday.

Local mystery thriller “Joint Security Area” (2000), one of the early works of star director Park Chan-wook, has also been re-released for its 15th anniversary after digital remastering.

Starring Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Lee Young-ae and Shin Ha-kyun, the film revolves around the mysterious death of a North Korean soldier in the demilitarized zone.

Due to the better-than-expected response from audiences, production company Myung Films has decided to continue screening the film at its headquarters in Paju, Gyeonggi, through the end of the year.

BY JIN EUN-SOO [jin.eunsoo@joongang.co.kr]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:12 PM | Show all posts
Edited by katt at 18-11-2015 12:13 PM

Uploaded on October 22, 2015 by 넷마블 TV

Netmarble: Lee Byung Hun IDEA Interview Film

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:12 PM | Show all posts
Source: Game Chosun ++

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:14 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-11-2015 12:15 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 5-4-2016 10:17 AM | Show all posts
my favourite actor.. saranghae oppa

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

12-5-2024 08:10 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055887 second(s), 35 queries .