[8TV 8.30pm]The Greatest Love~Cha Seung-won/Gong Hyo-jin

[Copy link]
Post time 17-2-2011 08:58 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by nzhass79 at 13-4-2012 08:35

The Greatest Love
Scriptwriter: Hong Sister
Airing date: 20th May 2011
MBC Production

Lee Seung-gi to re-team with Hong Sisters?

Oh HELLS YEAH. I knew Santa was on my side. Singer, actor, MC, Puppy Extraordinaire™ Lee Seung-gi (My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, Brilliant Legacy) is in talks for a possible re-team with the Hong Sisters writing duo Hong Jung-eun and Hong Mi-ran (My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, You’re Beautiful) to star in their next drama. If this deal gets signed, I’m keeping Santa in whiskey till next Christmas.

The Hong Sisters’ seventh drama (in seven years) is called The Discovery of Affection [애정의 발견], about a romance between a has-been actress and a rising actor. So, noona romance set in Chungmuro? The setup isn’t original, but I’d put my money on them finding ways to spin parody gold out of it. I’m thinking the “discovery” in the title speaks to being discovered as an actor, and knowing the Hong Sisters’ penchant for title-name puns, how much you wanna bet the heroine’s name will be Eh-jung [애정=affection]?

Running the show will be PD Park Hong-kyun (Queen Seon-deok), and the drama is slated for MBC’s summer lineup, to premiere in late June / early July. There’s already buzz about the “Dream Team” of PD Park + Hong Sisters + Lee Seung-gi, and you can probably guess that I’m all in if these stars align.

Lee Seung-gi has been all over the news lately, with rumors of activities in Japan, which would lead to leaving his weekly variety shows, 1 Night 2 Days and Strong Heart. He’s been confirmed to leave for Japan in April, to record and promote an album there, and then return in the summer for the drama. (Non-specifically a drama, although what other drama would you be returning for, hm?) There haven’t been official statements from either show on his departure, but unless Seung-gi has found a way to defeat that pesky space-time continuum, I don’t see how he could do all three.

Perhaps it’ll be a temporary leave or a permanent one, but he has expressed in the past that he plans to stick with 1 Night 2 Days until he goes to the army. His springtime absence will be missed, but hopefully his return to dramaland will herald a return to varietyland as well. Selfishly, I’ll miss seeing him on my tv twice a week, but it looks like he’s got world-conquering to do, and I’m sure he’ll be back to triple-duty in no time.

source credit: Dramabeans

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-2-2011 08:58 AM | Show all posts
For future updates

Use magic Report

Post time 17-2-2011 10:54 AM | Show all posts
yeaaa...cerita baru seungi lagik...

Use magic Report

Post time 17-2-2011 11:29 AM | Show all posts
seunggi lagik.... yeayyy...

Use magic Report

Post time 17-2-2011 01:02 PM | Show all posts
seunggi lagi.. huhuhu

Use magic Report

Post time 17-2-2011 02:59 PM | Show all posts
seung gi lagi..mira mesti suke...

<---

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-2-2011 03:01 PM | Show all posts
cpt2ler berlakon byk2 sblm kena pggl millitary service

Use magic Report

Post time 17-2-2011 04:27 PM | Show all posts
yeahhh.. seunggi lagik

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-2-2011 10:21 PM | Show all posts
seunggi yaaaaa ....

alaaaa ..noona lagi nampaknye ...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2011 11:20 AM | Show all posts
Lee Seung-gi won’t reteam with Hong sisters after all

Hm, so apparently Lee Seung-gi won’t be the new lead of the Hong sisters writing team’s new drama Discovery of Affection, which has also teased a possible Gong Hyo-jin casting.

The synopsis for the project has reportedly been entirely rewritten, and with that goes Lee Seung-gi’s potential return as their leading man; he’d anchored last year’s adorable fantasy comedy, My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho. All that’s been given to describe the project is that it’s about the romance between a top actor and a has-been actress.

I know this news may come as a disappointment to a certain co-blogger, but to be honest I’m perfectly happy with it. One of the things I appreciate about the Hongs is their willingness — preference, even — to go with new lead actors every time, many of them on the lesser side of famous. (They tend to do the opposite with their favorite secondary actors, bringing some back for drama after drama. Choi Ran has appeared in four of six, Ahn Seok-hwan in three.) The exception to this is Jang Geun-seok, but that’s because he moved up from second lead in Hong Gil Dong to main man in You’re Beautiful.

In any case, as much as I enjoy Lee Seung-gi, I’m even more curious about the new direction this drama is taking, because apparently the new contender for the lead is…Cha Seung-won??

With the synopsis revision, the Hongs have aged up the hero a bit, taking him out of his twenties. According to one broadcast rep, Cha Seung-won has taken a solo meeting (without his manager) with producers to discuss the project, which was confirmed by his agency.

It takes quite a leap to go from a good-natured, grinning boy-next-door to a dark, tattooed badass. And I think I’m liking the possibility, if only because I’m dying to see the grizzled, tough Cha putting his funnybone to work as a Hong sisters hero. For one thing, they have a knack for stripping a man of his dignity, in the funniest possible ways. Jae Hee dressed up as Juliet’s nurse. Oh Ji-ho as a plumber. Kang Ji-hwan miming his way out of recognition. Jang Geun-seok in every scene of You’re Beautiful.

I mean, it’s ridiculous and crazy, right? So crazy…it just might work?

Discovery of Affection will be directed by Queen Seon-deok’s Park Hong-kyun, and is MBC’s next Wednesday-Thursday drama, to replace the new series Royal Family.

Via No Cut News

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2011 12:22 PM | Show all posts
Reply 7# dauswq

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2011 12:23 PM | Show all posts
Reply 11# Yna@shynee

diambil dr vc terbaru lady gaga - born this way

p/s: neway..LSG  tak jadi plak hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2011 12:25 PM | Show all posts
cha seung won..dh kertu wokeyy

neway klu amik pompuan muda yg cantik ganteng
aku tgk gak

Use magic Report

Post time 22-3-2011 02:31 PM | Show all posts
nie female leadnyer...yg belakon thank you 2...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-3-2011 07:04 PM | Show all posts
haihhh br nk ada harapan tgk oppa berlakon..xjd plakk

Use magic Report

Post time 22-3-2011 07:14 PM | Show all posts
haihhh br nk ada harapan tgk oppa berlakon..xjd plakk
hamtaro Post at 22-3-2011 19:04

xpe Cha Seung Won pn oky per....hiro lama mamtp lagi....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-4-2011 10:07 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by hhhhh at 2-4-2011 10:11

More additions to upcoming Hong sisters drama
by javabeans | March 29, 2011

The Hong sisters drama formerly titled Discovery of Affection has a title change, and is now called Best Love. Meh. Neither title is very good — they sound so generic, and lack the wit and humor of the Hong sisters’ style — but who knows, maybe the change was prompted by those pesky plagiarism accusations that also may have led to character changes when their hero went from a young Lee Seung-gi type to the older, badder Cha Seung-won.

(By the way, the old title is — in true Hong sisters fashion — a pun involving a character name. Just like You’re Beautiful included a pun on the name “Mi-nam,” Discovery of Affection included one on the heroine’s name, Gu Ae-jung, where ae-jung means affection. Oh, Hong sisters. You never met a pun (the cornier the better!) you didn’t love. And then beat into the ground. And I say that with ae-jung.)

The drama has also cast its second leads, and they are two actors who’ve done well with comic material in the past: Yoon Kye-sang and Yoo Inna.

Yoon’s character is a doctor of Oriental medicine, a clean-cut, warm character with a single-minded focus on his work. In fact, his foremost hobby is traveling around the countryside on weekends to gather medicinal plants and supplies. He’s got no interest in the entertainment industry, so it’s purely by chance that he meets a has-been actress (Gong Hyo-jin), beginning their romantic storyline.

Yoon said, “I consider it an honor to be able to work with such an outstanding director and writers, as well as actors. I’ll show another side to myself in playing the gentle, intellectual doctor Yoon Pil-joo, so I hope you’ll enjoy it.”

Meanwhile, Yoo Inna plays another actress, and shares a manager with Gong’s Ae-jung character. That manager, who’s also Ae-jung’s older brother, will be played by comedian Jung Jun-ha (Unstoppable High Kick’s dad). Who wants to place bets now that he gets his own bumbling, slapsticky romance?

I think Yoo is a fantastic addition, and she’s the type of sidekick who can steal a scene with a hilarious quip or her well-timed comic delivery, as she did in Secret Garden and High Kick Through the Roof.

In contrast, Yoon Kye-sang has been opting for heavier, more serious fare these days (Road No. 1, Executioners) so I wouldn’t have expected him in another trendy so soon, but I did love him in Who Are You, where he got to show some hilarious physical comedy as well as some of the deadpan variety. But to be honest, despite how much I’ve loved him in the past (minus Triple, but that was really the fault of the writing that turned him into a creepy lovelorn stalker), I have to admit that I’m disappointed to hear this news, if only because it means he’s stuck in second lead territory. He’s been playing the leading man for a few years now, so I’m actually surprised at this casting.

Many a second lead has stolen my affection so this doesn’t mean he’s automatically going to be wasted here…but let’s be real, the Hong sisters aren’t exactly great with their second leads. You might call them downright clumsy, since they seem to pour all their energies into creating a sizzling, entertaining, rock-solid main couple that all second-lead developments feel like afterthoughts.

Such secondary characters have in past dramas ranged from merely irritating (Fantasy Couple, My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho) to downright aggravatingly evil (Delightful Girl Chun-hyang). In their later dramas, they’ve been rather toothless as well (You’re Beautiful, Gumiho), more limp rags than strong opposition. So, methinks the wise thing to do is brace myself for the worst; I’m preparing for disappointment already.

On the upside, rarely has a Hong sisters drama actually cast actors I like in those second lead roles. Often, they’re played by rookies and/or lightweights — Park Han-byul, Park Su-jin, Noh Min-woo, Jung Yong-hwa — so maybe it’s a promising sign that you have solid comic actors in this drama. I can hope.

Best Love begins filming on April 1, and broadcasts in early May, following Royal Family.

Via TV Report, Newsen

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-4-2011 08:40 AM | Show all posts
Gong Hyo-jin sports a new look for Best Love
by javabeans | April 5, 2011 | 93 Comments

A new drama, a new haircut for Gong Hyo-jin, who showed off her newly short hairstyle at last week’s script reading for her upcoming trendy drama, Best Love.

Gong plays Gu Ae-jung, a former idol group singer (along with Yoo Inna and Lee Hee-jin) who now has a negative public image, which already makes her an interesting heroine. It’s one thing for a heroine to be a has-been star (as she was described previously), because I can imagine a lot of ways in which a former idol could have lost her popularity and faded from the public eye. But this is the first time I’m hearing that Ae-jung is actively disliked, and that opens up a lot of narrative possibilities. Is she misunderstood? Wrongly maligned? Or maybe just a bitch?

Cha Seung-won, on the other hand, plays Dokko Jin, an A-list star who’s beloved by all, and has a bright, merry personality. Bright and merry, from the Athena and City Hall tough guy? I don’t doubt he can pull it off and I look forward to it, but it IS a pretty drastic change from his recent image. Perhaps it won’t be too much to hope that in keeping with Jin’s lovable image, he’ll finally shave off that furry animal growing on his face? One can hope.

Meanwhile, Yoon Kye-sang plays Ae-jung’s other suitor, a warm and friendly doctor of Oriental medicine, while funnyman Jung Jun-ha plays her older brother and manager.

Best Love replaces Royal Family and airs in May.

Via Seoul.co.kr

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2011 05:03 PM | Show all posts
citer ni dah main 4 episode kan?? sape ada tengok?? aku baru nak donlot.. drama hong sister ni.. macam wajib tengok.. tapi macam takde orang tengok..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2011 12:44 AM | Show all posts
Reply 19# blankie

aku hanya baca recaps kat drama beans jer. lawak la citer ni dr review tu. nak2 chimei pun ala2 promote jugak...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 06:11 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.094564 second(s), 45 queries .