12Next
Return to list New
View: 21587|Reply: 25

Celebrity Twins

[Copy link]
Post time 5-9-2012 04:47 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

mary-kate & ashley olsen
Birthday: June 13, 1986
You may struggle to tell them apart, but America's best-known twins aren't even identical! Fraternal twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (pictured in May 2012) got their start playing Michelle Tanner on Full House when they were just 6 months old. They turned their popularity into a mini empire of movies and television shows produced by their own company, Dualstar, and were millionaires by the age of 10. Currently, the twins run a number of fashion brands, including high-end line The Row and contemporary collection Elizabeth and James. Though Mary-Kate has also returned to acting, appearing in Weeds and Beastly, their twin connection is not affected by separation. As Ashley toldMarie Claire in 2007, "Our bond is really beyond words. I know when she's hurting, I know when she's going through something. I know when she's happy -- whether I'm with her or not, I know."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:47 PM | Show all posts

benji & joel madden
Birthday: March 11, 1979
The Madden brothers (pictured in West Hollywood on Feb. 11) burst onto the music scene in 2002 with their punk rock band Good Charlotte, with hits such as "Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous" and "I Don't Wanna Be in Love." Their songs lauded the single life, but they didn't exactly practice what they preached: Benji has dated actress Sophie Monk, heiress Paris Hilton and Hugh Hefner's ex Holly Madison, while Joel infamously dated a teenage Hilary Duff from 2004 to 2006. In 2010, Joel married Nicole Richie, with whom he has daughter Harlow, 4, and son Sparrow, 2. Benji and Joel own a clothing line, DCMA Collective, together, and in January they announced they're returning to music with a band called -- what else? -- The Madden Brothers. But the two aren't always a harmonious pairing: In 2007, Joel told Seventeen, "We fight a lot! Over dumb stuff, like, he'll borrow something of mine and then lose it. Then we'll sit down to write and I'll still be thinking about the fact that he lost my favorite shirt."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:48 PM | Show all posts

aaron & angel carter
Birthday: December 7, 1987
Aaron Carter's twin sister, Angel, was relatively unknown -- until the two appeared together in the 2006 reality show House of Carters that showcased the tentative bonding of the five dysfunctional Carter siblings (including former Backstreet Boys member, oldest brother Nick Carter). Angel continues to work as a model, while former child pop star Aaron has been starring in a production of The Fantasticks in New York City. The siblings (pictured in 2006) were thrust into the spotlight again earlier this year, when older sister Leslie died of an overdose. Aaron has had his own problems with drugs, having been arrested in 2008 after being caught with marijuana in his car. In January 2011, he entered rehab for addiction. Aaron continues to record and perform music, so here's hoping that he and Angel find success in the entertainment industry without any more drama!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:49 PM | Show all posts

dylan & cole sprouse
Birthday: August 4, 1992
Dylan and Cole Sprouse have lived a Suite Life, indeed. The twins (pictured in London in January 2011) first got their big break in the 1999 Adam Sandler movie Big Daddy, but they're best known for their Disney show The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, which made them multi-millionaires. The show ended in 2011 after being renamed The Suite Life on Deck, which gave Dylan and Cole the opportunity to finish out their adolescence as normal teenagers. Following in the footsteps of their older counterparts, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, the Sprouses now attend NYU, where Cole is taking humanities courses and archaeology and Dylan is studying video game design. The two will likely return to acting some day, but for now they're focused on growing up and apart. As Dylan told People in 2009, "We don't actually call each other our best friends. We're brothers, so in a lot of ways we act like best friends, but we're too close, you know? We argue and fight. You don't really do that with your best friends!"

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:49 PM | Show all posts

scarlett & hunter johansson
Birthday: November 22, 1984
For the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner, Scarlett Johansson had not one but two handsome dates! One, of course, was her then-boyfriend Sean Penn -- and the other was her twin brother, Hunter, who works for President Obama. Scarlett and Hunter began their acting careers together, both appearing in the film Manny & Lo in 1996, for which Scarlett was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for best lead female. Scarlett went on to appear in huge films such as Lost in Translation and The Avengers, while her brother elected to pursue politics, instead. Still, Hunter often supports his sister on her big days -- and she is happy to return the favor! As one of People's Single & Sexy Men of 2008, Hunter told the magazine that his sister helps him with lady troubles: "She tells me how girls think. When I'm stuck, I call. She's set me up on dates. It wasn't with anybody famous. It was with some school friends -- all very beautiful, wonderful girls."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:50 PM | Show all posts

barbara & jenna bush
Birthday: November 25, 1981
"Double Trouble!" screamed headlines across the country after Jenna and Barbara Bush were caught trying to buy alcohol with fake IDs in 2001, the first year presidency for their of dad, President George Bush. But the girls (pictured in N.Y.C. on March 9) have since matured into successful women, and their underage partying days are long behind them. Barbara graduated from Yale in 2004 and spent time in Africa working with AIDS patients, inspiring her to found a non-profit, Global Health Corps, with Jenna in 2008. Jenna's been busy with her own projects: a gig as a correspondent for the Today show, a book based on her charity work in Latin America and her wedding to businessman Henry Hager (who asked for Barbara's permission before proposing!). Though they're all grown up now, the twins still value their time together -- especially time spent in Jenna's TV-friendly house. Jenna told People in 2010 that Barbara's lack of a TV is partial motivation for her to visit: "She'll pack a bag and come stay with me. We're in the room, and I'll be like, 'Can't we read?' And she's like, 'Nope. Is there a Law & Order on?'"

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:50 PM | Show all posts

jon & daniel heder
Birthday: October 26, 1977
Napoleon Dynamite may not have had many friends in high school, but at least he had a twin brother to count on! Actor Jon Heder, who played the titular role, and his identical twin Dan (pictured in Hollywood on Feb. 9) now run their own production company, Greasy Entertainment. Jon has continued to act post-Dynamite, appearing in Blades of Glory, The Benchwarmers and the upcoming Gulliver Quinn. He's also made Dan a proud uncle; Jon has two children with his wife Kirsten. Dan is involved in the entertainment industry, as well, working in visual effects and animation. Jon and Dan's knack for comedy and mischief was present at an early age: Jon told David Letterman that as children, he and his twin "caused a lot of trouble by pretending to be the other, the memories still give me a good chuckle.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:51 PM | Show all posts

jeremy & jason london
Birthday: November 7, 1972
Oh, how things change! In the '90s, the Londons (pictured in Hollywood in 2006) were each heartthrobs in their own right: Jason for his roles in the films The Man in the Moon and Dazed and Confused, and Jeremy for his characters in the television series Party of Five, 7th Heaven and I'll Fly Away. Now, the Londons' names are better associated with scandal. In June 2010, Jeremy claimed he had been kidnapped and forced to smoke crack, igniting a slew of skeptical critics. Among them was his estranged twin Jason, who told People that the story was Jeremy's equivalent of rock bottom. "We love Jeremy, we only have his best interests at heart. We feel he needs serious psychological help and drug treatment as soon as possible." It seemed Jeremy was getting back on track when he checked into Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew a month after the alleged kidnapping, but in November 2011, police accused him of assaulting his girlfriend. With support from his twin and family, we're hoping Jeremy can get his life back in order soon.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:51 PM | Show all posts

tia & tamera mowry
Birthday: July 6, 1978
These sisters started off sharing the screen in their hit '90s sitcom Sister, Sister. And though they've since tackled separate acting projects, the twins (pictured in N.Y.C. in April 2012) teamed up again in 2011 for their Style Network reality show, Tia & Tamera. The initial season covered two big firsts for each sister: the birth of Tia's son Cree (with husband Cory Hardrict) and Tamera's wedding to longtime boyfriend Adam Housley. The sisters were in different phases of their lives, but they felt like the same. Tamera dished about their "twin telepathy" to the Huffington Post: "I actually felt one of her contractions! I knew she was having some type of pain -- I felt it. Not only that, but I was craving the things she was craving, like nachos! I don't even eat nachos." In April, Tamera announced that's she's expecting -- so now it's Tia's turn to experience sympathy cravings!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:52 PM | Show all posts

ashton & michael kutcher
Birthday: February 7, 1978
Thanks to his slew of romantic-comedy hits -- and his highly publicized split with longtime partner Demi Moore -- Ashton Kutcher has spent plenty of time in the spotlight. But there's one person who knew Ashton was a star even before his That '70s Show days: his twin brother Michael, who was born with cerebral palsy and had an emergency heart transplant at age 13. "Ashton never left my side. He showed me the love one brother has for another," Michael told People. As the spokesperson for Reaching for the Stars, an advocacy organization for cerebral palsy, Michael visited Congress in 2010 to push for more funding for medical research. And while Michael is certainly impressive in his own right, he takes pride in his famous twin's accomplishments. He spoke with The Hill about Ashton's success: "He never gave up. He shot for his dreams. And that’s what makes me proud of him."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:52 PM | Show all posts

giovanni & marissa ribisi
Birthday: December 17, 1974
Giovanni Ribisi is one of those actors who seems to pop up in every movie: His credits include Contraband, The Rum Diary, Avatar, Public Enemies, Gone in Sixty Seconds and more. His twin sister, Marissa, also has her fair share of films under her belt, from Dazed and Confused to Pleasantville. The Ribisis (pictured in Beverly Hills, Calif. in October 2007) are known for being outspoken about their Scientologist beliefs, as well as their growing families. Marissa is married to singer Beck, who Giovanni has called "an incredible artist and musician." Giovanni's daughter Lucia was even featured in a song on Beck's album The Information. In recent years, Marissa has left acting to her brother and instead launched a clothing line, Whitley Kros, in 2007.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:53 PM | Show all posts

isabella & ingrid isotta rossellini
Birthday: June 18, 1952
Italian actress-model Isabella Rossellini is known for her gorgeous face -- but it's not exactly one of a kind. Instead, the iconic star stares her beauty with her twin sister, Ingrid. The daughters of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini took very different paths in life: Isabella went the Hollywood route, while Ingrid studied Italian literature at Columbia University and was an adjunct professor at NYU. The sisters (pictured in N.Y.C. in May 2009) clashed in 2006, when Isabella began showing a controversial film about their father at film festivals -- which Ingrid believed misrepresented him. In an interview with The Telegraph, Ingrid said, "My sister is beautiful. And she's extremely intelligent, which is why I am very surprised for her to do something like that. She has made a big mistake...she claims this unique authority, that she has the last word on Father."

Use magic Report

jill & jacqueline hennessy
Birthday: November 25, 1968
Talent runs in the family for the identical Hennessy sisters (pictured in Toronto in September 2010): Jacqueline hosts the Canadian television show Medical Intelligence and was the associate editor of Chatelaine magazine, while Jill had long-running stints on Crossing Jordan and Law & Order, along with other film and television roles. After welcoming two sons with husband Paolo Mastropietro, Jill returned to her musical roots, releasing an album called Ghost in My Head in 2009 and performing at Lilith Fair in 2010. The sisters have two shared acting credits: They played twin call girls in the 1988 film Dead Ringers, and Jacqueline appeared in a 1996 Law & Order episode as her sister's character. But these were not their first artistic collaborations. In a 2010 interview with LAist, Jill revealed, "After taking lessons from a voice/acting teacher, we started singing in shopping malls. It was pretty wild and kinda scary. If you talk to either my sister or me about it, we both cringe."

Use magic Report

patricia & gisele bundchen
Birthday: July 20, 1980
Supermodel Gisele Bundchen is heralded as one of the most beautiful women the world -- but she has five sisters (including fraternal twin Patricia) who give her some stiff competition! The twins (pictured in Madrid in March 2007) attended their first modeling class together in Brazil, but it was Gisele who hit it big after being discovered at a shopping mall. The Victoria's Secret Angel has modeled for countless designers and is the highest-paid model in the world, but she credits her success to the support of her family and her humble upbringing in Brazil. In 2009, she told Vanity Fair, "My sisters were my best friends, always. It was a great life, and obviously it made me know who I am." Gisele has not lost any connection with her family: Patricia is her manager for model work in Brazil, and sisters Gabriela, Raquel and Rafaela are Gisele's lawyer, accountant and website editor, respectively. Gisele, husband Tom Brady and son Benjamin, 2, flew to Brazil in 2010 for Patricia's wedding. In turn, Patricia raves about her twin, also telling Vanity Fair, "She has the most amazing body, but what has really made her successful is her personality, her way of doing things, her professionalism."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:54 PM | Show all posts

alanis & wade morissette
Birthday: June 1, 1974
Alanis Morissette has won seven Grammys since her groundbreaking album Jagged Little Pill, but her lifelong dream was a simple request: to share the stage with her twin brother, fellow musician and yogi Wade. In 2008, Alanis had her twin (a performer of Sanskrit call-and-response chanting common in yoga practice) open for one of her show, and she called it "incredible" to LA Yoga: "To be with someone, just to share the stage like that, it's ultimately not to be a background singer, but to be of service. With my brother, come on, that's the best. Both of us sitting on stage sharing and loving what we do was really beautiful." Alanis has honored her twin in her personal life, as well: Her son Ever, 1, shares the middle name Imre with Wade.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-9-2012 04:54 PM | Show all posts

kiefer & rachel sutherland
Birthday: December 21, 1966
The Sutherlands have each found their niche in the entertainment industry: Rachel is a post-production supervisor and has worked on shows such as Rookie Blue and The Kennedys, while Kiefer is known for his starring role as Jack Bauer in 24 and his current television series Touch. The twins collaborated in 1997 on the film Truth or Consequences, N.M., in which Kiefer directed and starred and Rachel worked as the property master, grip and costumer. It couldn't have been easy growing up with such a lively, action-oriented twin brother, and Kiefer reveals he perpetuated some of the chaos. In 2008, he told Entertainmentwise he had no problem acting in horror films: "From the time when I was 5, I loved to hide behind the chair and scare the s--t out of my twin sister – so the desire to do it has no correlation to my ability to watch it."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2012 05:07 PM | Show all posts

penelope cruz and monica cruz

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2012 05:10 PM | Show all posts

malika & twin

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2012 05:21 PM | Show all posts

Tegan and sara quin

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2012 05:24 PM | Show all posts

Jenna n barbara bush (anak george w bush)

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 03:28 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.089683 second(s), 47 queries .