CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 34842|Reply: 37

My Husband's Lover (Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez, Carla Abellana)

[Copy link]
Post time 29-9-2013 08:16 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Salam, firstly saje nak bgtau yg saya open thread ni adalah saje utk sekadar memeriahkan susana di thread drama Filipina yg agak kosong ni dan bukan utk tujuan promosi atau melebih2 kan isu dlm crita ni .. so saya harap jgn ler ada kata2 atau fikiran2 yg tak baik sbb saya buka thread ni .. take it as positif (opne minded) as you can k .. peace no war

My Husband's Lover

My Husband's Lover is a Filipino drama television series created and developed by Suzette Doctolero and produced by GMA Network. It premiered on June 10, 2013 replacing Love & Lies on the network's coveted Primetime block, and June 11, 2013 worldwide via GMA Pinoy TV. The series stars Carla Abellana, Tom Rodriguez and Dennis Trillo as the main characters. Carolyn Galve serves as the executive producer of show and Dominic Zapata directed the series.[1]
It is credited as the very first gay-themed series in Philippine television[2] due to the series' central subject of homosexual relationships and infidelity. The show has multiple continuing story lines that tackle sensitive yet relevant social issues like homosexual and bisexual relationships, homophobia and the society's discrimination against homosexuals, infidelity, pre-marital sex and the consequences of early or unplanned marriages. It also tackles the importance of family, friendship, integrity and love. The forty-five minute scripted drama chronicles the life of a woman, who belatedly discovers that her husband has been carrying on an affair, but not with another woman.

all credit goes to wikipedia

drama ni start on June dan still airing kat filipina .. dlm 2 weeks lagi baru habis .. so ending belum tau lagi ..

Last edited by im_comey on 29-9-2013 08:37 AM

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 08:28 AM | Show all posts

Synopsis

Vincent got his girlfriend Lally pregnant while they were still in college. So they decided to get married even if the two of them were not ready for the responsibility and Vincent's mother, Elaine, was very much against it. Thus Lally's married life was never smooth-sailing because of Elaine. But for the love of her husband, Lally endures the hardships in dealing with her mother-in-law. However, when Lally got pregnant with their second child, Vincent suddenly became distant and cold towards her. Lally felt that Vincent was being unfair to her so she decided to leave with their children. Vincent loves his kids so much, so he tried to win back his wife by proposing and this time getting married again with the church's blessing.

Unknown to Lally, Vincent is keeping a secret from her; it is also a secret he has kept from everyone else since he was young. Vincent is a closeted homosexual man who never came out for fear that it'll destroy his family. However, everything changed when he once again crosses paths with Eric - his greatest love. Unlike Vincent, Eric is openly gay. But, just like Vincent, he is still in love with him.

Eventually, the two men start an affair and Vincent tries to hide the affair from Lally by showering her with gifts and attention. However, Lally's intuition tells her that something is wrong in her seemingly perfect marriage. That's when she starts to investigate and she eventually learns of Vincent's darkest secret.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 08:34 AM | Show all posts
Cast and characters

Main characters

Eulalia "Lally" Agatep-Soriano – portrayed by Carla Abellana, the loving wife of Vincent and a mother of two. She is described as intelligent, romantic lady who will do everything for the man she loves. Lally has been married to Vincent for ten years. She tries to be a perfect wife to Vincent in all aspects. But their seemingly perfect marriage starts to fall apart when Eric del Mundo comes into the picture. It turns out that Eric was Vincent's first love, and the two have rekindled their flame.[3][4]

Vicente "Vincent" Soriano – portrayed by Tom Rodriguez, Lally's loving husband. He is a car enthusiast; he collects and sells luxury cars as his business. Rich, handsome and intelligent, Vincent is a "perfect catch" with one flaw – he is a closeted gay. He fought his homosexual feelings and married Lally to please his parents and society, but he later realizes that he cannot totally forget his love for his high school lover, Eric del Mundo.[5][6]

Enrico "Eric" Del Mundo – portrayed by Dennis Trillo. He is Vincent's first romance. Smart and sophisticated; he is an architect, managing his own design business. He poses a tough image for everyone to see, but in reality, he is gay. Eric returns and is determined to win back the love of the man he lost in his youth. Instead, he finds that Vincent is already married to Lally, with whom he already has two kids.[7]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 08:36 AM | Show all posts
Recurring characters

Ellaine Soriano - portrayed by Kuh Ledesma. She is Vincent's loving mother and an austere mother-in-law to Lally. Known for her overbearing and perfectionist nature, Elaine is not easy to please and rarely satisfied with anything. She is also opinionated and frequently can’t help but express her strongly held belief, regardless of offending others.[8][9]

Armando Garcia y Soriano - portrayed by Roi Vinzon. He is Vincent's delightful father. Armando is a retired Army-General and a certified womanizer during his prime. A homophobic; Armando easily gets irritated every time he encounters gay men and treats them with contempt and spite.

Sandra Agatep - portrayed by Glydel Mercado. She is Lally and Evelyn's doting mother. Though she is not a perfect mom, Sandra is admirable for single-handedly raising her two daughters. She spends her life as a destitute mother whose only dream is to give her children a better future and is willing to sacrifice everything – even her morals – for them.

Soledad "Sol" Del Mundo – portrayed by Chanda Romero. She is Eric's loving and supportive mother. Sinag, as she is commonly referred to (a Tagalog word which means "ray" in English) is an artist and a well-known novelist. Sinag knows about her son's sexual orientation and she supports him wholeheartedly. She is characterized as being liberated and has a pleasant outlook on life.

Evelyn Agatep – portrayed by Karel Marquez. She is Lally's older sister, who is her exact opposite in terms of outlook on life. Her frustrations, rebellious and self-centered nature drives her to make drastic decisions that eventually leads her to life of mistakes, regrets and penance. At present, she lives a humble life with her three children. Her husband left her for another woman.[10]

Vicky Araneta – portrayed by Bettina Carlos, Lally's best friend and confidante. She is a thirty-year-old single mother, working as a fashion editor and stylist at a magazine. Vicky is characterized as being so jaded with love that she chooses to have a string of flings with younger men than to be in a committed relationship.[11]

David – portrayed by Victor Basa. He is Vincent's college best friend and ex-lover. David is a chef and is proud of being gay but not the flamboyant type. he is described as an intelligent, romantic guy who will do everything for his greatest love. David serves as conscience to Vincent, advised him to come out of the closet and choose the one who will make him happy.[12][13]

Danny – portrayed by Kevin Santos. He is Eric's best friend and confidante. An "all-out" gay, known for his biting and sarcastic wit, and bad luck in relationships – which become a point of humor within the series. His failed love life is possibly due to his aggressiveness and jealousy in relationships.

Paul Salcedo – portrayed by Pancho Magno. He became Lally's friend after he gave her a ride to her home. He is there to comfort her during her problematic times, despite knowing that Lally is already married to Vincent.

Diego and Hannah Soriano – portrayed by Antone Limgenco and Elijah Alejo, respectively, Vincent and Lally's children.

Guest characters

Stanley de la Rosa – portrayed by Kiel Rodriguez. He's one of Vincent's friends and also work in the car dealership owned by Vincent.

Manny – portrayed by Mike Magat. He is Evelynn's former husband after he left her for another woman.

Gary – portrayed by Rey Talosig. He was recommended by Danny to Eric for a date after Eric's breakup with Vincent.

Galo Agatep – portrayed by Mark Gil. He is the father of Evelyn and Lally. He left their mother because of his mistress.

Luz – portrayed by Dexter Doria. She is Danny's mother. She have criticism with gay men having relationships with another men.

Bek Bek – portrayed by Jade Lopez. Danny's younger sister who became a mother at a young age--whose family is being supported by Danny.

Martin Lizada – portrayed by Rodjun Cruz. He met Eric at a bar and became the new lover of Eric.

Michael "Mike" - portrayed by Vince Velasco. David's first long-term boyfriend; in love with David, but is frustrated by his boyfriend being too nice by his personality.

Stella – portrayed by Chynna Ortaleza. A pregnant homeless person who David offers to help--in exchange for her unborn child.

Manuel Soriano – portrayed by Roy Alvarez. He is Vincent's uncle and Armando's brother.[14]

Zandro "Zsa Zsa" Soriano – portrayed by Keempee de Leon. He is the gay and only son of Manuel Soriano and also Vincent's cousin.[14]

Doña Charito Carbonel – portrayed by Jaclyn Jose. She is a crossover character from the show Mundo Mo'y Akin. She is an arrogant and judgmental friend of Elaine Soriano.[15]

~ watak2 sampingan dan undangan pun agak kuat dlm crita ni .. nampak cam tak terpinggir sgt ler ..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 08:48 AM | Show all posts
Production

Conception and development

" I'm sure a lot of people are gonna say a thing or two about the show. All I really have to say is, this show is a love story. And love is a beautiful thing and it shines through no matter age, no matter race, no matter color, and no matter gender preference. Love is love and no matter what package it comes in, it's still beautiful."
— Series' director, Dominic Zapata on the show's theme[16]

Series' creator Suzette Doctolero began developing the series in early 2013. It all started with her desire to create a non-traditional, out of the box yet has social relevance, truthful, emotional and with "real" characters stories. The idea for the series was conceived when Doctolero began thinking about the question: "What would you do if you find out that you husband is cheating on you... with another man?" Although the idea is not-an-easy-story-to-tell because of its controversial theme which touches on the sensitive issue of homosexual and bisexual relationships, Doctolero explained that "the show is not all about the queerness of the characters but more of a love story and a family drama. When Doctolero presented the idea to GMA Network, the management said "yes" easily because they found the concept interesting and "it was based on the relatability of the masses to the topic."[17]

~ full description can read at wikipedia --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Husband%27s_Lover

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:26 AM | Show all posts
How popular is the show now at Philippines and world !

Reception

The series is considered as a "ratings success" from its pilot telecast. Based on the overnight household ratings data recorded in Urban Luzon for June 10–12 by Nielsen TV Audience Measurement, the show scored an average household rating of 20.5% versus its counterpart program on ABS-CBN with 16.6%. Meanwhile, in Mega Manila, My Husband's Lover posted an even bigger margin with 22.2% against Apoy Sa Dagat's 15.9%.[38] For its whole pilot week, it won against its said competitor in Mega Manila.[39] But, when it comes to nationwide ratings, it didn't win against Apoy Sa Dagat as it dominated their timeslot also for the whole week, this is according to Kantar Media Philippines.[40]

Aside from the ratings, the series also garnered a generally positive response from professional and mainstream critics, viewers and netizens, with some praising the network's brave move in producing an "out-of-the-box" television series.[41] The series even conquered the trending topics on social networking site Twitter (both Philippines and worldwide).[42] As of September 20, 2013, every episodes of the show have been trending in Twitter. Yahoo! Philippines also ranked the show at No. 5 for the top trending searches in its site for the week, June 10–16.[43]

~ full description can read at wikipedia

Awards and recognitions

2013 - White Party Manila / Malate Business Association
- Plaque of Appreciation - Nominee : MHL -->  WIN

2013 - Philippine Entertainment Portal
Primetime Teleserye of the Year - 2nd Quarter - Nominee : MHL --> No result yet
Male TV Star of the Year - 2nd Quarter - Nominee : Dennis Trillo --> No result yet
Female TV Star of the Year - 2nd Quarter - Nominee : Carla Abellana --> No result yet
Breakout Star of the Year - 2nd Quarter - Nominee : Tom Rodriguez --> No result yet
Celebrity Pair of the Year - 2nd Quarter - Nominee : Dennis Trillo & Tom Rodriguez --> No result yet

p/s : MHL - My Husband Lover drama generally

~ crita ni belum habis lagi tp dah dpt award dan pencalonan .. besar kemungkinan akan dpt byk lagi pada akhir tahun ni atau awal tahun depan

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:40 AM | Show all posts
Femes worldwide ..

official MHL website --> http://www.gmanetwork.com/gma/myhusbandslover
facebook --> https://www.facebook.com/myhusbandslover
twitter --> https://twitter.com/MyHusbandsLover
tumblr --> http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/my-husband%27s-lover

dan ni ler atr drama filipina yg ada sub BI wpun belum tayang kat luar negara, hasil dr usaha individu2 yg minat crita ni dr lain2 negara ..
--> mhlteam @ youtube - link : http://www.youtube.com/user/mhlteam2013?feature=watch

setakat ni dah ada 60 episode (sub BI) , the actual episode air is 80 .. at least 2 more weeks to go ..

plg best tgk crita filipina ni, sbb boleh tgk kat youtube tanpa perlu risau akan disekat ke apa mcm crita jepun atau korea ..

Last edited by im_comey on 29-9-2013 11:11 AM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:41 AM | Show all posts
My Husband's Lover- Teaser  

Last edited by im_comey on 29-9-2013 01:55 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:41 AM | Show all posts
Music / Theme Song

The main theme song of My Husband's Lover is "One More Try" by Kuh Ledesma, who also portrays Elaine Soriano in the show. This song is also heard in the opening and ending credits of the show. The song was written by well-known composer Cecile Azarcon.It was released in 1984 and part of the album I Think I'm in Love and under the now-defunct Blackgold Records.
The show also has a secondary theme song. It is "Help Me Get Over" by Jonalyn Viray and was written by Tata Betita. It is taken out from Jonalyn Viray EP which was released in May 19, 2013. The EP was produced by Creative Media Entertainment and distributed by Universal Records.After the song's inclusion into the show, it has performed well in the iTunes Philippines charts, even reaching the top 10.

One More Try

Help Me Get Over With

The show also uses two other theme songs, "Sabihin Mo Naman" and "Ayoko Na". The song "Sabihin Mo Naman" is sung by Kris Lawrence and composed by himself and Noah Zuniga.[34] It is also the first single of his third album Spread the Love.[35] The other song, "Ayoko Na", by Jessa Zaragoza is composed by her husband, Dingdong Avanzado.[36] It is the third single from her album Pag Wala Na Ang Ulan.[37] Both of these two singles were released under GMA Records.

Last edited by im_comey on 29-9-2013 01:54 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:42 AM | Show all posts
More surprises in store for TomDen tandem                                                                [url=]By[/url] Dolly Anne Carvajal
Philippine Daily Inquirer
--> http://entertainment.inquirer.ne ... e-for-tomden-tandem

I was pleasantly surprised when GMA 7 flashed my tweet about “My Husband’s Lover” (or “MHL”) during the commercial break of the hit teleserye last Friday.
When I visited the set of “MHL” with my dalaGAY IC and Kapuso network bigwigs Annette Gozon-Abrogar and Joey Abacan, Tom Rodriguez welcomed us so warmly. Unlike most gorgeous men, he’s not stuck–up nor full of himself.
Tom told us that he would soon go back to theater via “The Addams Family.”
“I requested my manager to make me act on stage again to shake off my ‘MHL’ character as Vince,” he said. “It can sometimes get too heavy and draining because of the dilemma Vince is going through. Since I internalize my role, I can’t help getting affected. Doing a play would be a good outlet. I’ll be portraying the boyfriend of Wednesday Adams.”
Aiza Seguerra told Tom that there is a movie version of “Be Careful with My Heart,” which he was a part of before. “But I’m not too sure if I’ll be included in the movie if ever. If the plan to make ‘MHL’ into a movie would push through, that would be great but I wonder what twists and turns they can still add.”
If he were torn between a wife and a gay lover like Vince in real life, how would he handle it?
“That would be a difficult choice to make,” he mused. “So to avoid complications, I won’t make it reach a point where I would have to choose. I’ll stick to the one I love to begin with.”
Tom would rather keep his love life under wraps. He may be spoken for but that doesn’t stop women and gays from being drawn to him. Being unattainable makes him all the more desirable.
For those of you who can’t get enough of the TomDen(Tom Rodriguez/Dennis Trillo) tandem,  they are cooking up something which will make you remember them long after their series is over.
I’m not yet at liberty to divulge what it is. But as soon as it’s finalized, I’ll let you in on it pronto. If there’s anything I learned from being glued to “MHL,” it’s what you resist that will persist.

well not sure about this yet but already spread rumours that this series will be produced as a movie ... so let's wait and see if it is true ..

meantime, as for the other reasons why this a must watch drama from the others view :-

My Husband's Lover (Philippines) : 50 Top Reasons Why Filipinos Are Watching
--> http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1021480

8 Life Lesson We Can Learn From MHL
--> http://8list.ph/lessons-from-my-husbands-lover/

Last edited by im_comey on 29-9-2013 03:11 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:44 AM | Show all posts
One More Try: My Husband's Lover - The Concert

From TV, now to concert stage. The whole cast of My Husband's Lover, Filipino hit drama series, will be having their very first major concert which will be held at the Big Dome on October 2013. Concert details as follows:

GMA Network Presents
One More Try: My Husband's Lover - The Concert
Starring Tom Rodriguez, Carla Abellana, Dennis Trillo, Kuh Ledesma, Kevin Santos, Glydel Mercado, Karel Marquez and many more.
October 12, 2013 - 7:30pm - Saturday
Smart Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City

TICKET PRICES
VIP - Php 3,180(reserved seating)
PATRON - Php 2,650(reserved seating)
LOWER BOX - Php 2,120(reserved seating)
UPPER BOX A - Php 1,590(reserved seating)
UPPER BOX B - Php 1,060(free seating)

Tickets available at Ticketnet.
Available through Ticketnet outlets nationwide and via online at www.ticketnet.com.ph.
Call 911-5555 for inquiries.

https://www.facebook.com/myhusbandslover
http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1751757
http://www.gmanetwork.com/entertainment/shows/myhusbandlover
credi to --> http://manilaconcertscene.blogsp ... mhlconcert2013.htmlLINKS
Last edited by im_comey on 29-9-2013 11:54 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 29-9-2013 10:36 AM | Show all posts
Berlambak citer filipina kat astro bella tu tapi malas nak tengok.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 10:56 AM | Show all posts
charliestcloud posted on 29-9-2013 10:36 AM
Berlambak citer filipina kat astro bella tu tapi malas nak tengok.

klu tak minat, tak yah lah tgk .. sapa yg minat jer akan tgk drama tak kira korea, jepun, filipina, atau melayu pun sama jer

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 03:15 PM | Show all posts
dan semestinya klu im yg buka rumah , mesti penuh ngan gambar jer ..

sapa2 yg tau tu mesti dah biasa ngan trend im ni keke ..

so enjoy (tp jgn mimpi nak nampak adegan lebih2 yer sbb mmg tak de .. yg ala2 intim gitu ada ler sikit2 )

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 03:19 PM | Show all posts
drama wallpaper ..

more wallpaper --> http://www.gmanetwork.com/entert ... ilable-for-download

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 03:38 PM | Show all posts
others photos ..

how good is the couple chemistry ?

Last edited by im_comey on 29-9-2013 03:47 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-9-2013 07:08 PM | Show all posts
PINOY MAKIN BERANI CITER DRAMA2 CAM NIH.........

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:20 PM | Show all posts
eddlisa_uyuk posted on 29-9-2013 07:08 PM
PINOY MAKIN BERANI CITER DRAMA2 CAM NIH.........

first attempt kak ed .. jadi isu gak ler kat sana ..

ni company GMA-7 ni gamble jer pun, tak sangka dpt sambutan hangat

lagi pun tak de scene sex, so boleh ler kluar waktu tayangan umum diorang , monday - friday 9.30 pm kut

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:34 PM | Show all posts
GMA tests market thru gay-themed soap
Posted by Online on May 11th, 2013

TESTING GROUND: GMA is testing the edges of soap opera production by coming up with a gay-themed program set to air in June.

“My Husband’s Lover” chronicles the life of a woman, who belatedly discovers that her husband has been carrying on an affair, but not with another woman. Her husband’s lover is played by Dennis Trillo.

Carla Abellana, the female protagonist in the story written by Suzette Doctolero, says she’s more than excited to star in the forthcoming series, a first in local TV.

credit to tempo.com --> http://www.tempo.com.ph/2013/05/ ... -soap/#.UkgqfSdFTER

'My Husband's Lover' The First Teleserye To Seriously Tackle Homosexual Relationships

DIRECTOR DOMINIC ZAPATA welcomes helming a soap with a controversial topic like “My Husband’s Lover”, which delves on homosexual relationships. “It’s very refreshing for me to direct this material after doing action and fantasies,” he says. “The subject is really sensitive and I want to be accurate in portraying how gay people are and the dynamics of gay relationships so we did a lot of research. I don’t want to make a mistake or make a misrepresentation. The gays in ‘My Husband Lovers’ are mostly straight acting.

The series stars Tom Rodriguez as a man who had a gay relationship with Dennis Trillo in high school. Dennis went abroad and Tom had a relationship with Victor Basa. But due to the pressure of his parents, Roi Vinzon and Kuh Ledesma, he didn’t have the courage to come out of the closet. He chose to fight his being gay and marries his college sweetheart, Carla Abellana. They’re about to construct their own house and it turns out the architect they got is Dennis, who has returned from abroad. Tom tries to deny his feelings for Dennis but this is just so overpowering that he’s soon seeing Dennis in secret. Of course, eventually, Carla finds out about it.

credit to showbiz-portal --> http://www.showbiz-portal.com/20 ... t-teleserye-to.html

Is the Philippines ready for a gay-themed daily series?
By Luigene Yanoria | Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom – Mon, Jun 10, 2013 6:17 PM PHT

The era of teleseryes featuring your daily dose of romanticized heterosexual relationships may be over.

GMA’s gay-themed series “My Husband’s Lover (MHL)” starring Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez and Carla Abellana premieres on June 10 on GMA Network. It is the network’s bold move to go against the boy-meets-girl plot cliché.

Will viewers suffering fantaserye fatigue, be ready to embrace the unconventional love triangle of MHL, which airs on viewer-rich television primetime hours? It’s a subject matter rival ABS-CBN tackles on occasion in “Maalaala Mo Kaya” but never on a daily basis.

In an interview with Yahoo! Philippines OMG!, GMA program manager Helen Rose Sese related that the management said yes easily when the show was presented to them.

“GMA has always been the network that offers innovative concept. It was approved by top management because it was based on the relatability of the masses to the topic,” she said.
Avoiding the backlash

Still, with more than 50 million Filipinos who have access to TV, the networks can’t afford alienating a huge chunk of them. Thus, GMA is presenting MHL as a drama about a wife (Carla Abellana) who fights for her husband (Tom Rodriguez) against his gay lover (Dennis Trillo).

“This show is not all about the gayness of the characters but more of a love story and a family drama. Our intention is not to promote gay and lesbian relationship, but more of [a reflection] that this is happening now,” Sese related.

She also said the creative team will be under scrutiny to try and avoid “noise on the part of religious groups,” she added. “We will make sure we don’t go beyond anything that will offend them, as well as the gay community.”

credit omg.yahoo --> http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/gay ... work-101705251.html

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2013 09:37 PM | Show all posts
Gay TV drama creates buzz in the Philippines
First episode of My Husband's Lover praised for 'mature, nuanced and honest' depiction of gay characters
17 June 2013 | By Anna Leach

A new TV serial about a woman who finds out her husband is having an affair with another man has garnered positive feedback from viewers and the LGBT community in the Philippines.

The first of 16 weekly episodes of My Husband's Lover was shown on Filipino TV last week (10 June) and received competitive ratings and a trending hashtag on Twitter.

'GMA Network deserves congratulations for daring to go down this road less travelled,' said Filipino gay writer and LGBT rights advocate Raymond Alikpala in a column for GMA News Online.

'Eschewing the stereotypical storylines and cardboard cliché characters, the writers of My Husband’s Lover are depicting homosexual persons as no different from heterosexuals, which is radical in these parts. (Gay men playing basketball? Wow!)'

Alikpala goes on to say that gay characters are often seen on TV in the Philippines, but they are always shown in supporting roles, comic relief or if they are center-stage they are camp stereotypes.

Alikpala was on the ticket for Ladlad, the Philippines' LGBT political party, at the congressional election last month. But the party failed to win a seat.

The writer-politician said he hoped My Husband's Lover would to what Ladlad failed to do - 'bring LGBT awareness into the mainstream of Filipino consciousness'.

GMA program manager Helen Rose Sese said raising awareness on LGBT issues was not the aim of the TV series.

'This show is not all about the gayness of the characters but more of a love story and a family drama,' Sese said to Yahoo! Philippines.

'Our intention is not to promote gay and lesbian relationship, but more of [a reflection] that this is happening now.'

Sese added that the show's creators have been told not to produce anything that could offend the Philippines' vocal and anti-LGBT Catholic groups. 'We will make sure we don’t go beyond anything that will offend them, as well as the gay community,' she said.

Alikpala cautioned that only the first episode of My Husband's Lover has been shown, and that the series could still show a negative view of the gay characters.

'While the depiction of homosexuality has so far been mature, nuanced and honest, I am also aware that Vincent the husband is attracted to a person other than his wife, and being gay might thus be associated with infidelity, dishonesty and deception,' said Alikpala.

'Such unhappy endings for LGBT characters in media are typical because this is consistent with the view of a God who punishes sinners, and that gay characters deserve a sad fate for going against God’s will.'

The Philippines was recently found to be the most gay-friendly country in Asia by a study from the US's Pew Research Center. But Filipino LGBT-rights activists told Gay Star News the reality is not so rosy for gay, bi and trans people in the Philippines

credit to gaystarnews --> http://www.gaystarnews.com/artic ... z-philippines170613

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 09:20 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.188974 second(s), 50 queries .