CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 158907|Reply: 1046

[MBC] Empress Ki - Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo

[Copy link]
Post time 30-9-2013 04:42 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Photographs of First Script Reading for Upcoming MBC drama “Empress Ki” Released

Recently, photographs of the cast and crew’s first script reading for MBC drama “Empress Ki” were released.  Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, Jung Woong In, and Kim Seo Hyeong, along with PDs Han Hee and Lee Seong Jun and writers Jang Yeong Cheol and Jeong Gyeong Sun, met to introduce themselves and start working on their chemistry at the MBC Dream Center located in Ilsan, South Korea.   

The script reading went on for about four hours, and the actors and actresses showed that they were completely absorbed in their characters and seriously focused on the rehearsal.  Production staff were impressed by the casts’ commitment to their characters. Ha Ji Won used her break to further discuss her character with the PDs and writers, and commented that viewers should look forward to the new drama.

MBC drama “Empress Ki” will premiere on October 21 and will air on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10pm (KST).   

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-9-2013 04:42 PM | Show all posts
‘Empress Ki’ reveals photos from script reading session

Upcoming MBC TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Empress Ki’ (script: Jang Young Cheol; director: Han Hee) has revealed photos from its script reading session last month.

Directors, producers, scriptwriters, and other production staff together with cast members like Ha Ji Won, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Chang Wook, Jung Woong In, Kim Seo Hyung, Kim Young Ho, Lee Moon Sik, Jin Yi Han, Choi Moo Sung, Kim Jung Hyun, and others were present for the script reading session which took place over 2 days on August 13th and 14th at Ilsan’s MBC Dream Centre.

Ha Ji Won and Joo Jin Mo who will lead the drama, showed their determination by stating, “We will work hard at filming.” Jung Woong In who has gained a ‘bad guy’ nickname in recent times said, “I will once again portray a vicious villain,” which led to a huge round of applause from everyone.

The session lasted for 4 long hours, as the cast put in their best efforts in reprising their respective roles. Ha Ji Won who is playing the lead role as Empress Ki, ignored her break time and instead discussed her role with the scriptwriters and director, and showing her love for the role. Ji Chang Wook who is cast as Yuan Dynasty’s Emperor Huizong, also showed great passion towards acting.

Director Han Hee expressed, “I hope everyone will put safety as their topmost priority during filming, and prevent any mishaps from happening. For period productions, the chemistry between the cast members are really important. I hope everyone can memorize their lines well, and allow viewers to naturally accept period productions as a genre.”

‘Empress Ki’ will be 50 episodes long and will depict the love and battle of Empress Ki who is from Goryeo, but later moves to the Mongol capital and exercises her influence in the Yuan Dynasty. The drama will be written by scriptwriters Jang Young Cheol and Jung Kyung Soon who had previously worked together on ‘Giant’, ‘History of the Salaryman’, and ‘Incarnation of Money’.

The drama will succeed ‘Jung Yi, Goddess of Fire’ and begin broadcast from October 21st.

By: Kang Hyo Ji
[url=mailtoopyright@KpopFighting.com]Copyright@KpopFighting.com[/url]

Last edited by mitnick on 1-10-2013 08:22 AM

Use magic Report

[Upcoming Drama 2013] Empress Ki 기황후

[MBC 52nd Anniversary Drama]

Title: Empress Ki 기황후
Previously Known As: Hwatu 화투
Genre: Historical
Episodes: 50
Broadcast Network: MBC
Broadcast Period: 21 October 2013 – TBA
Air Time: Monday & Tuesday, 22.00KST
Director: Han Hee (Dr Jin, Over the Rainbow)
Writer: Jang Young Cheol (Incarnation of Money, History of Salaryman, Giant), Jung Kyung Soon (Incarnation of Money, History of Salaryman, Giant)
Official Website: TBA

Synopsis (To be updated)

The beautiful talented Lady Gi who came from Goryeo, captured the Emperor’s heart with her singing, dancing & poetry talent. She became the royal concubine and then promoted to first imperial consort after she gave birth to the Emperor’s son. This drama will portray Empress Gi’s tribulation & influence in the Yuan Dynasty as well as her ardent effort to shape the future of politics in her own country. It will also depicts Empress Gi’s beautiful yet sad love story.

Teaser (TBA)

Casts

- Ha Ji Won as Empress Ki

- Joon Ji Moo as King Chung Hye of Goryeo

- Ji Chang Wook as Yuan Emperor Togon-temür

- Kim Seo Hyung as Queen Hwang (Empress Dowager)

- Jung Woong In as Yeom Byung Soo

- Jin Lee Han as Tal Tal

- Yoon Ah Jung as Princess Kyung Hwa

- Lee Won Jong as Eunuch Dok Man Jil Ah

- Kim Young Cheol

- Kwon Oh Joong

- Jin Yi Han

- Choi Mu Seong

Last edited by mitnick on 1-10-2013 08:00 AM

Use magic Report

rsvd                                 

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-9-2013 04:43 PM | Show all posts
rsvd                                 

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2013 08:27 PM | Show all posts
han ji won cantek tapi siyes benau dalam gambar tuh....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 30-9-2013 08:33 PM | Show all posts
merrissa posted on 30-9-2013 08:27 PM
han ji won cantek tapi siyes benau dalam gambar tuh....

mebi tgh prektis watak siyes kot

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2013 09:26 PM | Show all posts
seingat aku drama yg menaikkan ha ji won drama saeguk gak; hwang jinyi
so boleh expect the same results

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-9-2013 10:48 PM | Show all posts
Hjw ni cantik berambut panjang.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:03 AM | Show all posts

Actress Kim Seo-hyeong is attempting at her first historical drama.

Kim Seo-hyeong has taken on the role of Queen Hwang in the new MBC drama "Empress Qi".

Kim Seo-hyeong is a proud and elegant character who is a master in politics. She builds tension withHa Ji-won who stars as Empress Qi.

Kim Seo-hyeong starred in last year's drama "Salaryman" as Mo Ga-bi and will be returning with"Empress Qi" for the first time in a year and 7 months.

Kim Seo-hyeong said, "I'm very nervous as it's been a while. I can't wait to see what my third project with director Jang Yeong-cheol and writer Jeong Kyeong-soon-I creates this time and it's very intense because it's my first historical drama".

Meanwhile, "Empress Qi" is a 50 part drama about a Koryeo woman's love and struggle as the leader of the Yuan Dynasty.

Source: Hancinema

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:06 AM | Show all posts

Ji Chang-wook courted to romance Ha Ji-won in Empress Ki

Well, it’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it. MBC’s upcoming sageuk epic Empress Ki(formerly called Hwatu and now just named for its heroine, likely because everyone kept thinking the drama would be about gambling) is getting back on the casting bandwagon, after early rumors that Jang Geun-seok might star. Ji Chang-wook (Five Fingers, Warrior Baek Dong-soo) is now being courted to star, with reports ranging from “confirmed” to “favorably considering.”

The 50-episode historical epic will be MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama for the bulk of fall and winter, and takes place in the Goryeo era. Ha Ji-won stars as as a Goryeo woman who gets taken to Yuan to be a royal consort, later to become Empress Ki of Yuan. Joo Jin-mostars as King Chunghye of Goryeo, an ambitious ruler determined to free Goryeo from Yuan control.

If he signs on, Ji Chang-wook will play Yuan Emperor Togon-temür, who eventually takes the heroine as his royal concubine. We’ll meet him when he’s a prince, during his exile in Goryeo (banished while the throne went to his uncle and then his own younger brother). It’s as high-stakes as a love triangle can get, with two kings, one nation fighting for its freedom from the other, and one woman caught between them. I was a little worried about who they’d cast as the younger Yuan emperor, but I’m happy about Ji Chang-wook. He’s talented, and knows his way around a sageuk. They keep casting people I like in this drama, and I’m starting to look forward to it despite its monstrous episode count.

The drama comes from the writing team behind Giant, History of the Salaryman, andIncarnation of Money, and the PD of Dr. Jin. It follows Goddess of Fire Jung-yi and premieres in October on MBC.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:08 AM | Show all posts
김정현 '기황후' 합류, 하지원과 치열 권력싸움 벌인다
Kim Jung Hyun in fierce power struggle with Ha Ji Won in 'Empress Ki'

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:11 AM | Show all posts

Ji Chang-wook Cast in Ha Ji-won’s New Historic Series

Korean actor Ji Chang-wook. [Glorious Entertainment] Actor Ji Chang-wook has confirmed to join upcoming MBC epic starring Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo.Ji will take on a role of Sunje, the 16th emperor of the Yuan Dynasty of China, and form a love triangle with Ha and Joo’s characters in the historic drama tentatively titled “Empress Qi,” MBC announced through a press release Tuesday.“Ji is the perfect fit for the role of Sunje since he has enough potential to lead the 50-part series and experience in historic series ‘The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo’,” an official with the drama’s producing firm Lee Kim Production was quoted as saying.Born as the crown prince, the young khan suffers lots of hardships from early childhood after taking the imperial throne to his younger brother. He plays immature to save his life but holds deep anger inside him.Set to premiere on October 21 after “Goddess of Fire” ends its run, “Empress Qi” is a 50-part epic about wise and attractive empress named Qi (Ha), the ancient-Korea-born empress who later becomes the ruler of the Yuan Dynasty of China.Ji Chang-wook, who first appeared in the small screen in 2008, came into the limelight in KBS’s 2010 daily series “Smile Again” and SBS’s 2012 revenge drama “Five Fingers.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:15 AM | Show all posts

Kim Min-jung to Join Cast of "Empress Ki" as an Antagonist to Ha Ji-won

Kim Min-jeong has been cast for the new MBC drama "Empress Qi".  She takes on the role of a character who doesn't get along with Ha Ji-won in the role of "Empress Qi".
Kim Min-jeong started in dramas when she was a child and also in the 2006 hit movie "Forbidden Quest". She has an appearance that suits her well with historical dramas.
Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo have already been cast and started filming the drama as of the 18th last month. Kim Min-jeong leaves to China at the end of September to film the drama.
Meanwhile, "Empress Qi" is a 50-part drama about the love and life of a female dominator during the Yuan Dynasty. It is a drama written by Jeong Yeong-cheol and Jeong Kyeong-soon-I. Ha Ji-won takes on the role of a court lady who later becomes The Empress.

Oh this is gonna get REAL INTERESTING now!  From what I can decipher, Kim Min-jung has been casted for a Special Appearance in the drama as a yet-unnamed antagonist to Empress Ki.  I have never been a real fan of her acting (case in point, "The Thorn Birds" ), so I'll reserve judgment until I see what she brings to the small screen.  Let's see how much of a beeyotch she's gonna be towards the Empress and Yuan Emperor -- she and Ji Chang-wook were a couple in real life around the time of his debut in 2007, but the relationship ended very badly.  (Emphasis on the BADLY part.)  I betcha the fire in their eyes will not be made of special effects, that's for sure!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:19 AM | Show all posts

Actor Kim Yeong-ho is starring in the new MBC drama "Empress Qi".

According to IMX, he'll be starring as Baek Ahn.

"Empress Qi" is a 50-part drama about the struggle and love of a Koryeo woman who is the dominator of the Yuan Dynasty.

Baek Ahn is a wolf-like character from the remaining group of a noble Mongolian family. He is humorous and random from the start.

Baek Ahn is also rivals ith Empress Qi (Ha Ji-won), fighting for the supremacy over the country.

Kim Yeong-ho said, "I am appearing as a strong and attractive character this time. This is my first historical since "Queen Insoo" and I'm excited about that".

Meanwhile, "Empress Qi" is to be broadcasted on the 21st of October.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:32 AM | Show all posts

Location Filming "Empress Ki"

[29Aug13] at Changwon 창원의

[24Aug13] at The mungyeong 문경

[Aug27,2013] 마산 Masan

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:35 AM | Show all posts

Filming Empress Ki

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:38 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:40 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-10-2013 08:45 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 12:54 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072634 second(s), 46 queries .