CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

1234Next
Return to list New
View: 3457|Reply: 64

[Tempatan] Sanggup Tak Raya Versi Kitar Semula?

[Copy link]
Post time 29-7-2014 12:44 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Four families put in the effort to make the festivities as environmentally-friendly as possible, from wearing old clothes to reducing waste.

Stepping into the home of Zawiya Mohd Thani in Taman Tun Dr Ismail in Kuala Lumpur, you are quickly drawn into a colourful space with a clever mix of decor.

The interiors are all prepped up for Hari Raya but the furnishings are mostly old pieces updated in the creative hands of Zawiya, 52. The senior sales manager does not believe in buying new things every Raya – some of her curtains are over 10 years old, she says.

“I’ve amassed different sets of curtains over the years and they all still look new. So I alternate different sets to keep things fresh for guests. Also, I will change the sheers more than the drapes as sheers are cheaper and easier to wash,” she says.

She also buys second-hand pillow cases, duvet covers, rugs and dining chairs from a shop in Ipoh that sells quality stuff discarded by hotels. She says this saves her loads of money while giving a new lease of life to old but usable items.

Several old baju raya are worn again and again since the traditional outfit never goes out of style.

Most of her furniture have remained unchanged over the years. She gives her old sofa a new look through a change of cushion covers. Some of the covers are nearly five years old but are reused again and again by having them laundered, ironed and neatly stashed away until the next festival season. The decorative flowers adorning corners of her home are old ones, washed and rearranged into different vases.

“I also have my favourite dining chairs which I re-upholstered for just RM600. I do that every three to four years. You can do some touch-up at a fraction of the cost of a brand new set. There’s simply no need to get new ones so long as you maintain the old set well. Moreover, rushing with the crowds at shopping complexes each year isn’t appealing for me.”

She adds that living in a condominium that has limited storage space for the past 20 years has taught her to limit her purchases. Growing up in a big family, she was taught from young to be prudent and to use things until they are broken.

“My mother was the ultimate recycler. She would use the same things but because the things were well taken care of, they look new. There’s no shame in recycling and repurposing old materials so as long as they are still clean. By doing this, we are helping the environment. If your lifestyle changes, your mindset would, too. Then you start recycling even without realising it.

These drapes may look new but they are actually old ones which Zawiya has kept in good condition all this time.

“Even if you have a lot of money, there’s no need to splurge unnecessarily as unneeded stuff only creates waste,” says Zawiya, who prefers spending on things that will last her several years.

The only items she buys each year are cookies and even these are kept in recycled cookie jars which have been embellished with decorative ribbons to look new for the festive season.

New clothes are also kept to a minimum of one or two each year, worn when she hosts guests during her open house. Many old ones still hang in her wardrobe as she reckons that the traditional outfits will not go out of fashion.

“The bulk of my Raya clothing expenses are used on my teenage boys Mohamad Shafri, 18, and Mohamad Ishman, 17, and that’s only because they keep outgrowing their clothes each year,” she says.

Read here: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/E ... o-the-3Rs-for-Raya/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-7-2014 01:00 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Rasanya xde salah pun. Save money and reduce waste. Malah, barang2 y x pakai kalo di hantar kat pusat kitar semula boleh dpt duit. So, kita raya dgn dpt duit raya sekali

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 08:46 AM | Show all posts
boleh jimat ...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 08:53 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The only items she buys each year are cookies and even these are kept in recycled cookie jars which have been embellished with decorative ribbons to look new for the festive season.

kalo sekut tu tahan 10 tahun pun harus direcycle...       

tapi bgs laa ni..pakai je yg ada...yg baru2 tu nak menunjuk2 ke hape?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 09:10 AM | Show all posts
Aku fikir ramai aje yg pakai langsir lama tak pernah tukar dan guna brg lama pemberian orang,tapi tak masuk dlm paper sebab mereka tak tinggal di tempat urban seperti tmn tun

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 09:14 AM | Show all posts
kenapa tidak, itu yang sepatutnya berjimat jermat bila
semua orang duk komplen harga barang naik itu dan ini.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-7-2014 09:28 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
baru ni kan ade pompuan mengamuk laki x beli baju raye..tu bru contoh soranglol

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 09:39 AM | Show all posts
biasa ja ..
lelebih lagi kalau pandai menjahit

langsir lama boleh tambah ribbon saner sini .. nampak baru
langsir lama boleh jadi kan alas meja kalau kretip
langsir tebal lama boleh jahit jadi kan sarung kusyen

baju kurung lak ..
tambah manik blink2 .. nampak baru

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-7-2014 09:49 AM | Show all posts
aku kalo boleh baju raya aku tuh pon aku nak recycle... ye la baju melayu nih bkn nyer pakai selalu pon.... lain la org  pompuan... baju tuh boleh juga recycle gie kenduri ker aper ker. tp nanti mesti bini suruh beli baru juga.... tak sedondon katanyer... geram betol...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 09:56 AM | Show all posts
itu la kalo takat langsir, balang kuih raya, sarung sofa tuh ramai jer yg recycle. kalo baju raya pon recycle baru aku tabik jugak laa... kalo boleh jgn nak sedondon satu family tuh... baru nampak ke recyclelannya....

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 10:00 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ultra78 posted on 29-7-2014 09:10 AM
Aku fikir ramai aje yg pakai langsir lama tak pernah tukar dan guna brg lama pemberian orang,tapi ta ...

ha ah rumah kat kg pun tak tukar apa pun.... org dtg rumah pun nak tgk langsir ka sofa ka.... org dtg ziarah mkn2 je hiks

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 10:02 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
phonon posted on 29-7-2014 09:56 AM
itu la kalo takat langsir, balang kuih raya, sarung sofa tuh ramai jer yg recycle. kalo baju raya po ...

baju melayu pun pakai tahun lepas punya.... pakai sekali je pun

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 10:06 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Berita ni pun boleh masuk paper
Cuba interview puak PPRT fakir n miskin tu pula
Setakat recycle macam ni...
Bertahun dah aku buat dek non...

Aku ingat baju lama2 dah koyak ko cantum tampal jadi baju raya

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 10:08 AM | Show all posts
Auk sanggup sebab memang kerusi meja ,drapes Kat my rumah selagi x Rosak memang pakai
Sampai boleh, tv pun selagi x kaput selagi tu pakai x tukar2. Pinggan mangkuk semua sama.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 10:24 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Biasalah brg2 perabot,langsir recycle,adake org beli perabut tiap2 kali raya?balang kuih mmg la direcycle esp yg beli mahal,guna dari zaman mak2 pun ada.Pakai pun 2 kali setahun je.Tu citer org yg mampu ,yg tak mampu baju pun buat dari langsir lama,citer sorang bekas Vip.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 10:29 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sbb tu lah aku paling benci dgn ummah yg mulakan tradisi bahlol lg membazir mcm syaithon ni...amalan2 tu smpi dh jadi tradisi wajib dln minda meleis pprt
Baju baru
Langsir baru
tudung baru
Kasut baru
Kuih raya
Duit raya
Padahal raya ni ialah simbol kemenangan slps sebulan berpuasa

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-7-2014 10:39 AM | Show all posts
Selagi masih elok, pakai je la.. tengok berita pagi tadi kesian rakyat palestin tak rasa suasana raya pun.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 10:41 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dino posted on 29-7-2014 10:02 AM
baju melayu pun pakai tahun lepas punya.... pakai sekali je pun

Siap berkeris tak?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 01:06 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ultra78 posted on 29-7-2014 10:41 AM
Siap berkeris tak?

tu nak p kahwin

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2014 04:15 PM | Show all posts
dah la langsir tak tukar, baju melayu pakai tahun lepas...???

dasar smiskin tarak duit...kesian si bini dapat suami poket nipis.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 09:09 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.099439 second(s), 50 queries .