Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1285|Reply: 1

[Tempatan] Wildlife Rangers: Unsung Heroes Of The Jungle

[Copy link]
Post time 30-7-2014 01:43 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Wildlife Rangers: Unsung Heroes Of The JungleBy Nur Adila Abdul Wahab

GEORGE TOWN, July 29 (Bernama) -- Their job does not thrust them in the public glare as compared to the policeman, fireman or the soldier.

Nevertheless, wildlife rangers are the unsung heroes whose tireless efforts keep Malaysia's forests, animals and the people safe.

In this respect, wildlife rangers at the Penang National Park are carrying out their duties with dedication and determination, even when the task at hand may be arduous, long and lonely.

Most of us are unaware of the sacrifices involved in manning guard-posts for a week in the jungles, as part of the job as wildlife rangers.

Having no access to electricity and communication has not deterred forest ranger Norazley Nordin, 29, whose duties revolve around the guard-posts in Pantai Kerachut and Teluk Kampi.

An eight-year veteran, he does not mind doing guard-post duties as his interest and experience gel with jungle activities.

"I actually like jungle activities. When first assigned to guard-post duty, it did feel somewhat lonely.

"But because I like jungle activities, I got used to the loneliness. But then again, one is not really alone as I have another guard with me," he told Bernama in a recent interview.

Norazley said wildlife rangers were assigned guard duties once or twice a month.

Hailing from Tenom, Sabah, he said this year was the third time he had to work during the Hari Raya Aidilfitri, adding it was "normal".

"It was hard at first but then I am not the only one working. My family does not mind as they understand the situation," he noted.

Ahmad Yusri Che Mat, 22, who is working for the first time during this Hari Raya, said he was fortunate there were others willing to switch guard-post duty with him.

"I am doing counter duty for five days from the first day of Hari Raya and this enables me to get back home in the evenings. Otherwise, I will miss being home," he added.

At least, 15 wildlife rangers are on duty in Penang during this Hari Raya Aidilfitri.

-- BERNAMA

Read here: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=1056891

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-7-2014 02:22 AM | Show all posts
warga asing celaka ni bukan takat dtg sini, sebar penyakit,m sebar mASAlah sosial, rampas pekerjaan warga malaysia
malah masuk hutan, buru spesis terancam kita, kali dgn teroka tumbuhan hutan, lepas tu tebang bawak balik
celaka sial wargaasing ni

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 05:24 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076490 second(s), 32 queries .