CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2917|Reply: 2

This Former Marine Hiked Appalachian Trail - Before And After Pic Are Crazy!

[Copy link]
Post time 25-10-2014 10:34 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
For the past 5 months, former Marine Gary Sizer made his way up the Appalachian Trail, which runs from Georgia to Maine.
This week, Sizer posted pictures of himself on Reddit before starting his journey and after completing it. He doesn't even look like the same person.

Here is Gary Sizer in all his glory before and after his adventure.

Sizer says he burned between 5,000 and 6,000 calories a day on the trail. He ate throughout the day while hiking because of the exercise.

The real treats were days where he was "zeroing." That is, hiking zero miles. On those days, he binged on pretty much any and all unhealthy, fatty foods that he could get his hands on. Sizer described his nutrition during the trip as a "five month cycle between starvation and binge eating."

My nutrition was atrocious. It was a five month cycle between starvation and binge eating.
On the trail, I'd typically have:
Breakfast: Two pop tarts and an instant coffee with a Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed in.
All Day: I was continuously eating clif bars, snickers, twix, cheetos, trail mix and beef jerky. And I coated it all with peanut butter or Nutella whenever possible.
Dinner: Usually some version of the Knorr pasta side with a package of tuna and a few ounces of instant mashed potatoes mixed in to thicken the gruel. I'd pair that with a whole wheat tortilla onto which I had smeared a thick coating of cream cheese, mayonnaise, or both. Sometimes I'd eat a few ounces of Gouda or cheddar, but all that stuff's heavy.
I'd get all this stuff while in town. The AT takes you near a small town every 3-5 days, and generally I'd hitchhike to the nearest grocery store or gas station and get as much of those things as I could. If I was "zeroing" (staying in town, doing zero miles that day) I'd have the biggest, most calorie rich meals I could find. Cheeseburgers, beer, ice cream, fries, wings, pancakes... all in absurd quantities. I was burning 5000-6000 calories per day.

That is one heck of an exercise program. Good on Gary for sticking to it and completing the adventure of a lifetime. Maybe we will start hiking instead of going to the gym...

#kot nak tau lebih tips or nak join hiking (kalo die nak ajak lah..) bole la add die kat link nih :
https://www.facebook.com/Garmachi

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-10-2014 10:58 PM | Show all posts
dah macam cite forest gump plak dah..

Use magic Report

Post time 26-10-2014 08:32 AM | Show all posts
Hasilnya membantu menguruskan badan

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 12:07 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067370 second(s), 36 queries .