CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: Sheliza

Tips berpakaian utk temuduga di syarikat Swasta?

[Copy link]
Leanne This user has been deleted
Post time 28-8-2006 07:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 28-8-2006 10:48 AM

not really.
i still think it's a racism
as i said...it's all about equal opportunity

i dont think there's a company that required the applicant to know how to speak malay, or  indian...
s ...

oh...if you work in ITALY or ITALIAN COMPANY. Then it is really a matter!

hehe..if you think that it's not important or useless, then i guess maybe you havent started working yet? :hmm:

oh..life is so realistic without any HELP from government. Don't forget one issue, other races of people need to work harder to obtain what they need here. Life isn't that easy as you think .

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-8-2006 08:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by macademia at 28-8-2006 11:08 AM
pada mac..... interviewer look at 1st impression and confidence level...

so NEVER go for interview pakai baju kurung, I would recommend blouse and tailored pants or pant suit. Confidence level m ...

She definitely ruined her future. Just be confident in speaking English. Even my Malay is so poor. I have to speak to the operators too with my broken Malay. No choice but have to learn. :love: Even many of them laugh at me. (BLUSH) Anyway, I will try my best!!

Use magic Report

Post time 28-8-2006 11:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 28-8-2006 10:48 AM

not really.
i still think it's a racism
as i said...it's all about equal opportunity

i dont think there's a company that required the applicant to know how to speak malay, or  indian...
s ...

That's what you think only. I always open up the newspapers and found that many companies require applicants to know Malay , English. So, if the candiates who dont know how to speak Malay or English. Is this the responsibility for the company to give them a language course in order to train them being able to speak in Malay or English? NO WAY!

This is so-called competitive market (Free Market). If you are not capable, then you are out!

If you feel that it's important in ur future life, then learn it, perhaps you'd have more opportunities than your friends to grab a good job.

Improve ourselves in order to get into the globalization!

[ Last edited by  Leanne at 28-8-2006 11:18 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 12:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Leanne at 28-8-2006 07:44 PM

Alright , if you still cannot get my point, then let twist ur role and see it clear.

Firstly, you have to know that ur responsibilities to be a boss. What you can contribute to the company  ...

that's a different question my dear
this is malaysia
you HAVE to know how to speak malay and english (because both are taught in school...everyone must take)
so if you dont know english or malay..that's ur fault completely...
so chinese and indian are different story after all

you talk about globalization
but even big country like US and UK
have equal oppoturnity law
kalo benda tuh tak bleh diaccess oleh semua orang (like learning mandarin/ english)
it is against the law to hire people based on that
tp sayang malaysia takde law macam nih
and yes ive work in US before

i get your point...
but what im trying to say is
ive encountered so much of jobs ads
yg kadang2 not only required mandarin speaker, but kadang2 limit the job to male only

there is more than that okay..
i bet i have more skills than some of the mandarin speaker
but i cant prove it...

you talking about profit, effieciency yada yada
kalo reti cakap..tak reti buat kerja tak guna jugak kan??

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 08:37 AM | Show all posts
i work in an MNC company..... we also have businesses in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong..... the company sends Chinese engineers, malay engineers and indian engineers to deal with these countries...... sometimes these engineers will be stationed there up to 3months.... sometime its just daily conference calls..... i dont see any problems anywhere.... malah technicians pun dihantar kesana........

siapa kata malays cant do the job bec of language barrier...... alasan semata2.....

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 10:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 29-8-2006 12:51 AM

this is malaysia
you HAVE to know how to speak malay and english (because both are taught in school...everyone must take)
so if you dont know english or m ...

Since you have more job experience, so what's the point that you are afraid of? When you go to the interview  and they require the candidates to know mandarin or whatever languages, even you dont know them, u can try to have negotiation with them. That's communication skills. Depends on how u communicate with them.

What's the point to hire a person who doesnt know to speak mandarin if this job is totally connected with those customers who couldnt speak english fluently? Do you know that language would be a barrier to get along with people. Even we are speaking the same language, sometimes we dont even understand what on earth is another party trying to express.  

In the US or whichever western countries, that's different, my dear. U see, if they really want to do business in Taiwan or China. They have to send their people to learn the language (because there are not much chinese educated people there, it's totally different from malaysia, there are alot chinese educated people here). If someone who knows mandarin and is qualified, then (s)he would be the prior choice for the company.  

If you wanna regard it as racism. Pls make clear in mind that what's racism. RACISM means TENDENCY OF RACIAL CONFLICT! But there is not related to the racism here. If Malay , Indian, Iban or whichever races know Mandarin, then (s)he is qualified to apply for the job. Get it?

[ Last edited by  Leanne at 29-8-2006 11:39 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-8-2006 11:44 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 29-8-2006 12:51 AM

this is malaysia
so if you dont know english or m ...

Ya la, the quality of the candidates should be judged by the interviewers depends on their performance. And the later on during the course of employment, the company will see clear of this person.

I don't want to come out more issues. Sometimes it's irritating. If you wanna discuss, then i will voice out what i think and what the people think commonly.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 01:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by macademia at 29-8-2006 08:37 AM
i work in an MNC company..... we also have businesses in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong..... the company sends Chinese engineers, malay engineers and indian engineers to deal with these countries..... ...

exactly...
big company never ask about ur language qualification
because they believe more in ur capabilities
only why still ada small company yg buat rule camtuh

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-8-2006 01:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Leanne at 29-8-2006 10:30 AM

Since you have more job experience, so what's the point that you are afraid of? When you go to the interview  and they require the candidates to know mandarin or whatever languages, even you do ...

i'm not afraid dear
it's just the matter of principle

if i dont know how to speak mandarin
they will not open my resume on the first place
but i never applied to these company anyhow
but there's a lot of people out there when shun off the opportunity because of these
you'll never understand
consider yourselves lucky

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 06:38 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 29-8-2006 01:44 PM

exactly...
big company never ask about ur language qualification
because they believe more in ur capabilities
only why still ada small company yg buat rule camtuh

u also know  they are small companies. So, do you think that they will have enough money to pay for the extra and unnecessary training? Think yourself la. If the businessman like you so generous, sure their business will be close down soon. Cos always need to hire those people that they are not satisfied and train them. TIME is MONEY! And dont forget one thing, small chinese company faces alot of problems than malay company. I dont need to point out. You know it!

If it's a big company, then i have no comment. Cos they have enough capital to do the training course.

BTW, is it racism ? The company doesnt claim that they just want to hire CHINESE. They said they want a person who knows mandarin. You can be malay, indian, foreigners. What's the matter?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 06:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 29-8-2006 01:48 PM

i'm not afraid dear
it's just the matter of principle

if i dont know how to speak mandarin
they will not open my resume on the first place
but i never applied to these company anyhow
but ...

You will never understand chinese situation. Cos malay always get things easily. Study easily. Not like chinese have to work that hard.

I'm not lucky. My point is the more languages you know, the more opportunities you have.

Life is like this. Free market, if you are not capable, then you are out.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 10:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Leanne at 29-8-2006 06:43 PM

You will never understand chinese situation. Cos malay always get things easily. Study easily. Not like chinese have to work that hard.

I'm not lucky. My point is the more languages you kno ...

hohohohoh
typical assumption...
dont drag about races here
u r not oppressed whatsoever...
so dont assumed u have hard time than me

i dont know about others....but i'm a malay
and i dont get things easily okay
i work hard for everything that i earn
and im proud of it
ditto

so congrats to you for knowing a lot of language
so i guess we can close this discussion here...anyhoo this is about interview attire

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2006 10:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Leanne at 29-8-2006 06:38 PM

u also know  they are small companies. So, do you think that they will have enough money to pay for the extra and unnecessary training? Think yourself la. If the businessman like you so generou ...

btw...
there is a lot of racist company in malaysia
to get rough idea...here's relevant link
hopefully this will open ur eyes....

http://search3.jobstreet.com/sea ... te=my&by=search
http://search3.jobstreet.com/sea ... te=my&by=search

Use magic Report

Post time 30-8-2006 03:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lady_nF at 29-8-2006 10:22 PM

hohohohoh
typical assumption...
dont drag about races here
u r not oppressed whatsoever...
so dont assumed u have hard time than me

i dont know about others....but i'm a malay
and i don ...

:ting:who came out the racism here...:ting::nerd: and there was one person in this thread claimed that chinese = evil? so, am i the person who talk about it first? :jeling:

I've never said i have hard time than you? Of course there are some malays work really hard like you and achieve their aims. I'm happy to hear that you do that without any help from the government (quota system). I'm proud of you too as it proves that you are a capable person.

well, i'm talking about the majority of malay easily to get things than chinese. Pls refer to the cases of chinese schools and companies. Malay can easily have their stalls by the roadside. Can chinese or indians do that? We are discussing the majority , not minority. In our life, just majority makes sense and has significant influence.

well, regarding the requirement of mandarin language. I have already clearly explain to you. If you still regard it as racism. That's ur choice. I'm just wanna make you guys understand why and hope that eliminate the misunderstanding.

Since you have posted me the address of those companies that you think racist. Then i have found some too. Hope this make you see widely too.

http://search3.jobstreet.com/sea ... 1&Action=Search

Use magic Report

Post time 30-8-2006 03:29 AM | Show all posts
well, we'd better end up this discussion. It's off topic now.  Too late to realise that...heheehehe...i apologise.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-10-2006 09:47 AM | Show all posts
pada aku lah yg mmg dah bekerja ngan private sector nih..sesetengah jer yg masih berpikiran pakai tudung nih is a big problem..and diorg igt org yg bertudung tuh x open minded..so tak leh nak bg good commitment towards the company requirement...

talking nonsense....aku pon jumper client n make a deal with them..slamber jer aku pakai tudung ngan baju kurung..ala. skrg kan dah byk stail bertudung yg nampak cantik n up todate..yg penting apa yg ko pakai membantu ko rase confident..that was good enough.. lantak pie laahhh...erm..kwn aku lg dahsyat,...get an offer from oversea company...gaji tinggi babun, tp dier reject dekk sbb she got to wear mini skirt during work hours...

xper...rezeki Allah ada di mana2.. :pray:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-10-2006 02:46 PM | Show all posts
aku rasa kalau syarikat swasta, cuba pakai blouse with jacket dgn seluar slack hitam, pastu pakai lar tudung yg diselit dlm jacket. aku rasa itu lebih menaikkan confidence interviewer drpd pakai baju kurung. bukannya aku merendahkan baju kurung, tapi baju kurung ni all walks of life pakai... tapi kalau baju yg smart2 segak2 tu tak semua org pakai.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

23-5-2024 06:47 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.836218 second(s), 39 queries .