Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: dattaswami

Buddha kept silent about God

[Copy link]
Post time 23-10-2006 11:51 AM | Show all posts
by tommy-6   

I hope u can understand and try to listen to wat ppl said and go out to look for the answer by reading more books and had more monks & friends to discuss about Dhamma.

If u follow wat we say on the above , u will be a better person....

Hmph ... a foolish man is asking me to follow his foolish way just because he is following another foolish man and do not resort to question. ;)

Read what Buddha have said : http://www.geocities.com/ryunyo/42.html

[Qoute]

9. The Buddha said: ?If you endeavor to embrace the Way through much learning, the Way will not be understood. If you observe the Way with simplicity of heart, great indeed is this Way.

You are trying to embrace the Way through learning, while I through the Simplicity of the Heart. ;)

There's many things Man have in this Life which he should look forward to fix in order to Live a proper Life. It is a difficult journey as stated below :

12. There are twenty difficult things to attain [or to accomplish] in this world:
1. It is difficult for the poor to practise charity;
2. It is difficult for the strong and rich to observe the Way;
3. It is difficult to disregard life and go to certain death;
4. It is only a favored few that get acquainted with a Buddhist sutra;

5. It is by rare opportunity that a person is born in the age of Buddha;
6. It is difficult to conquer the passions, to suppress selfish desires;
7. It is difficult not to hanker after that which is agreeable;
8. It is difficult not to get into a passion when slighted;
9. It is difficult not to abuse one's authority;
10. It is difficult to be even-minded and simple-hearted in all one?s dealings with others;

11. It is difficult to be thorough in learning and exhaustive in investigation;
12. It is difficult to subdue selfish pride;
13. It is difficult not to feel contempt toward the unlearned;
14. It is difficult to be one in knowledge and practice;
15. It is difficult not to express an opinion about others;

16. It is by rare opportunity that one is introduced to a true spiritual teacher;
17. It is difficult to gain an insight into the nature of being and to practise the Way;
18. It is difficult to follow the steps of a savior;
19. It is difficult to be always the master of oneself;
20. It is difficult to understand thoroughly the Ways of Buddha.

I'm trying and failed many times. To me, this is my Reason for Existence. What's your Excuse for Living? :cak:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

tommy-6 This user has been deleted
Post time 23-10-2006 12:47 PM | Show all posts
I'm foolish....... foolish enough to reply ur msg again.

Anyway , its up to u to believe anything and I won't force u on anything . I guarentee one day ,  u will regret on wat u had done now.

I hope u know wat u r doing now and please do not disrespect others believe.

The webpage that u post r not as complete as wat on the other web that I post.(http://www.buddhanet.net/)

Think about it.

No point i talk to a person like u that never listen to other advise.

Try to make more frens , its better than be alone.

LASTLY , PLS RESPECT OTHER BELIEVE INCLUDING MAHAYANA TEACHING & OTHER RELIGION.

I dun hope to see any of ur msg saying which is true & which is not . (these are against Buddha Teaching)

Thank u & May u be well & happy

[ Last edited by  tommy-6 at 23-10-2006 12:48 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2006 01:06 PM | Show all posts
by tommy-6   

I'm foolish....... foolish enough to reply ur msg again.

Then don't.

Try to make more frens , its better than be alone.

Gautama Buddha was alone when He reached Enlightnment. He didn't expect people to hold His hands and guide Him around like a lost puppy. Why don't you think about that? ;)

LASTLY , PLS RESPECT OTHER BELIEVE INCLUDING MAHAYANA TEACHING & OTHER RELIGION.  

Mahayana IS NOT True Buddhism. Full Stop. Thank you.

I dun hope to see any of ur msg saying which is true & which is not . (these are against Buddha Teaching)
Thank u & May u be well & happy

When Mahayana followers could continue to corrupt Buddha's teaching, I do not see why I cannot state the Fact and Truth. I don't care whether you wish to see it or not, I will continue to state that Mahayana Buddha is NOT True Path of Buddhism. :no:

Use magic Report

Post time 5-11-2006 09:45 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by tommy-6 at 23/10/2006 09:48
Pureland exists or not , its not a main concern .........

If we doing the right things and follow the Buddha Teaching , ones shouldn't be concern whether pure land exist or not.

Very well said.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-11-2006 09:46 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 23/10/2006 10:43
by tommy-6   

dun be silly my fren , r u trying to say a venerable well known monk lying to u?

So, you think Gautama Buddha, who never teached about Pure land, is lying to His disciples? Ma ...

Sephiroth, what do you mean of Pure Land by the way? What do you know of it by the way?

Use magic Report

Post time 5-11-2006 09:49 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by tommy-6 at 23/10/2006 11:03
I don't care about some monks and such, all I care is the TRUE BUDDHISM. Mahayana in MY opinion, is not that(Sephiroth)

I think u got a problem.............U should not said that MAHAYANA is not ...

Tommy, I am a bit surprised. Just now, Seph mentioned  some talks of Venerables who are monks and at times, he says he "Don't care about the monks".

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-11-2006 08:31 AM | Show all posts
by ariyamusafir   

Sephiroth, what do you mean of Pure Land by the way? What do you know of it by the way?

Same can be asked from you as well. What do you know about Pure land other than what is written in Mahayana Sutras?

Mu guess is, nothing much. You just follow what you like; and daydreaming of some land when you should be concentrating in living a proper life now and here is what most humans likes.

Tommy, I am a bit surprised. Just now, Seph mentioned  some talks of Venerables who are monks and at times, he says he "Don't care about the monks".

Where did I say that? If it is from some website I have posted, then those words are not mine OR do I have obligation to follow it 100%.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-11-2006 11:53 PM | Show all posts
Moderator,

It has come to my observation that this forum has become a battleground of ideas of few intolerant people who push their hardline views on buddhism.

Every topics that were posted here were either blasted or washed away by this particular person. This has to stop if this forum is to be more meaningful.

I also noticed every thread ends with post from this particular person, because he thinks that he wins. But in actual fact, people just could not be bothered to answer his posts.

I am also greatly discouraged to post in these forums because I do not like the idea of being 'ridiculed' and put down by this particular person.

I  believe this forum exists for a meaningful discourse on dharma and to help people to clear their doubts and their minds.. but not as a venue to show off of one's knowledge.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-11-2006 07:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by tickmeoff at 7/11/2006 23:53
Moderator,

It has come to my observation that this forum has become a battleground of ideas of few intolerant people who push their hardline views on buddhism.

Every topics that were posted  ...

Well, that is not what I wish to. The best I can do is to kick him off, but I have no power to do that, you however has the power to do that. You too have the power to kick me off dear friend, just to let you know your rights. It is a pity that you do not post your comments of postings just because of some who has been picking up fights due to their shallow knowledge.

Ridiculed you again and lodge a report to me, I will see if I can do anything about it. Alternatively, go complain to admin and Siper Mod if you want higher dose of action.

[ Last edited by  ariyamusafir at 8-11-2006 07:30 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2006 08:17 AM | Show all posts
Bunch of idiots ... Learn false thing, believe in false things and believe it to be truth. ONLY those who beliefs in False will run away and hide, and try to bully others.

In Thailand, Tibet, Nepal, even in Sri Lanka Monasteries, Buddhists practitioners are encouraged to debate Buddhism every day. That is how they develop their knowledge and deeper understanding, BUT what I see here are just laymen who pretends to be a great Buddhist disciples. They believe in false and they live as False. Such people are NOT Buddhist. :no:

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2006 12:33 PM | Show all posts
and you are a buddhist , i think we can all see that. you are also righteous, and u possess the right view of the world, and you have all upperhand knowledge of buddhism, and your views are infallible and it is supreme.

Is there anything else you want me to add and praise you?

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2006 12:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 8-11-2006 08:17 AM
Bunch of idiots ... Learn false thing, believe in false things and believe it to be truth. ONLY those who beliefs in False will run away and hide, and try to bully others.

look who's talking. IN a discourse , and wise person will give his views with certain level of civility that is expected of a learned man.

i only got one question for you sephiroth, with all your superhuman knowledge of Buddha and God (please, i see you pushing your own ideas and fantasy about your version of GOD creator in other forums)... are you .. happy? are you any level closer to the 4 stages of sainthood?

Yes, I might have question on buddhism, but believe me, regardless of what nonsense u wrote here (or is it plagiarism? cut and paste syndrome), you will the the LAST person on earth i will ask any question on buddhism.

have a nice day.

[ Last edited by  tickmeoff at 8-11-2006 12:46 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2006 07:22 AM | Show all posts
well tickmeoff, let us debate on our own and ignore his.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2006 08:11 AM | Show all posts
by tickmeoff   

Is there anything else you want me to add and praise you?  

look who's talking. IN a discourse , and wise person will give his views with certain level of civility that is expected of a learned man.

i only got one question for you sephiroth, with all your superhuman knowledge of Buddha and God (please, i see you pushing your own ideas and fantasy about your version of GOD creator in other forums)... are you .. happy? are you any level closer to the 4 stages of sainthood?

I do not speak for sake of praise or happiness. :no:

If I want you to praise or make me happy, couldn't it be easier for me to achieve that simply by agreeing to everything you do, even to extend of making things up?

I speak the Truth - and Truth is Bitter to swallow. ;)

Yes, I might have question on buddhism, but believe me, regardless of what nonsense u wrote here (or is it plagiarism? cut and paste syndrome), you will the the LAST person on earth i will ask any question on buddhism.

Yes, I could be the last person for you to ask question on Buddhism. Funny thing could be ... my answer could be the one which you will get the most answer from.

When you wish to learn about the Truth, seek the One who seeks to understand the Truth, NOT the one who will make you happy with answers which you could be happy knowing. That is not the Truth, that is Dreaming.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2006 12:23 AM | Show all posts
If your intention is good then I salute you for your effort. But if your intention is selfish with delusion of grandiosity, then I suggest you keep your views to yourself.

Truly, I beseech you to read back your own last few posts in buddhist forums, they were all filled with vicious attacks on other people's opinion. YOu seem to have some issues with mahayanas which I find repulsive and unbecoming conduct of a so called 'buddhist'.

Not that whatever I say here is going to change your opinion, but I appeal to you to show some respect for other forumers ideas and ideals , and not to engage in unnecessary altercations.

and you avoided my questions:

1. are you happy?
2. are u any steps closer to sainthood?

I pity you really.

i rest my case your honours and have a nice day.:hatdown::

[ Last edited by  tickmeoff at 10-11-2006 12:37 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2006 12:25 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 9-11-2006 07:22 AM
well tickmeoff, let us debate on our own and ignore his.

I am kind of new here. How do I write to the admin to notify them to review the posts here?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-11-2006 07:07 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by tickmeoff at 10/11/2006 00:25

I am kind of new here. How do I write to the admin to notify them to review the posts here?

Well, actually, you can write to me. When you click report on the post you will report to me. :-)

Anyway, the PM is private message. The receipent, just put admin if you wish to pm admin and ot me but normally, people do not by pass. Just lodge an official complaint and I shall submit to admin should I be not able to handle such case.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2006 08:09 AM | Show all posts
by tickmeoff   

If your intention is good then I salute you for your effort. But if your intention is selfish with delusion of grandiosity, then I suggest you keep your views to yourself.

I do not need your salute nor do I need your pity. Thank you for offering it though.

Truly, I beseech you to read back your own last few posts in buddhist forums, they were all filled with vicious attacks on other people's opinion. YOu seem to have some issues with mahayanas which I find repulsive and unbecoming conduct of a so called 'buddhist'.

Not that whatever I say here is going to change your opinion, but I appeal to you to show some respect for other forumers ideas and ideals , and not to engage in unnecessary altercations.

Like I said before, true Buddhists are those who walk the Path of Gautama Buddha. All those else who calls themselves "Buddhists" are just Laymen who are not ready to make commitments to walk the Path of Buddha. This is not "vicious" attacks, this is plain fact. Show me in Buddhist Sutras where those who have not taken Buddhist vows are considered Buddhists.

and you avoided my questions:

1. are you happy?
2. are u any steps closer to sainthood?

Explain to me WHY should I answer your questions when you could label them as "vicious" attacks later?
It is like poking someone in the rib, looking for trouble. When the person turn and whack you, you claim that the person is violent person.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-12-2006 09:06 PM | Show all posts
Sesungguhnya agama mu untuk dirimu, agamaku untuk diriku..

Our understanding towards other religion sometimes dosen't make sense but it make sense to the follower of that religion.

That why we must respect each other..the matter of heaven or hell, Nirvana or reincarnation is a heavenly matter and we mortal are just shadows and dusts... (Cam filem Gladiator lak..)

Use magic Report

Post time 29-12-2006 08:13 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by rurouni_khairul at 28-12-2006 09:06 PM

Our understanding towards other religion sometimes dosen't make sense but it make sense to the follower of that religion.

That why w ...

Hmph ... and like everything else in Al Quran, Muslim never bother to follow it.

They say Others' religion belongs to Others and their religion is their alone. FINE, we don't distrub you and you don't distrub us. Is that what happening?

No, already we have seen threads trying to undermine Our Beliefs like threads that Buddha is just a Rasul thing, or linking Muhammad to Kalki and so on. So this shows that Muslims have no respect for Others' belief and trying to drag foolish people into their own foolish belief.

In short ... Muslims do not follow Al Quran, the same way Christians do not follow their Bible. A Kettle and a Pot.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

1-6-2024 09:34 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.108258 second(s), 42 queries .