Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: soulquarianz

Strictly for R&B Maniac

[Copy link]
Post time 18-12-2003 09:56 AM | Show all posts
i'm from kl...

do not forget 2 write some review bout RUBEN's & AVANT's new album.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-12-2003 03:38 AM | Show all posts
unfortunately.. i'm not in kl, guys. if not, i'll join u guys talking about r&b stuff. anyway, how bout dru hill, soulquarianz? will they rls another album in this time around?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-12-2003 10:36 AM | Show all posts
KoSe..check my "Latest Male R&B Album Hittin The Streets" thread.. i already make a mini review of Avant and Ruben...

so only 2 ppl are from KL here? *sigh*

Dru Hill....hmm....their latest album was the biggest comeback flops...adding additional member didnt solved the problem...they actually had beef among them...also FYI...dru hill supposedly to rls the album with more then 18 track (with parental advisory sticker as the lyric was way too explicit)..but somehow the mgmt didnt agreed with their idea hence cutting off few song and re-produce most of it....as the mgmt want them to stay focus...just like what market demand..more radio oriented song...

i'm not sure whether they would once again rejoin and releasing another album...coz each member are now focusing on their own agenda...their last album did even reach million sales....

Use magic Report

Post time 19-12-2003 11:06 AM | Show all posts
as for me, i've been listening to R&B since i was younger (Bobby Brown, Tevin Campbell, Montell Jordan days)...but boy!!! here i was...reading this thread (that'd why i've been keeping QUIET..hehe)..i felt like nowhere to pure R&B maniac..didn't know much about neo-soul that u guys been talking abt....but pleeaaseee COUNT ME IN...and FEED ME MORE ok...

to Muntz and Soulquarianz...SALUT!!

Lana,..Spiral plays good R&B music back-to back..tho i've never been there myself....Orange pun okaay...but full of 'budak-hingusan' kids...heehee

Use magic Report

Post time 19-12-2003 07:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 19-12-2003 10:36:
KoSe..check my "Latest Male R&B Album Hittin The Streets" thread.. i already make a mini review of Avant and Ruben...

Dru Hill....hmm....their ...

ok tq..ive read it...i'm just can't stand to grab my ruben into my Cd player...but it is still not available here...

Use magic Report

whoababy This user has been deleted
Post time 20-12-2003 12:01 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bonita at 19-12-2003 11:06 AM:
as for me, i've been listening to R&B since i was younger (Bobby Brown, Tevin Campbell, Montell Jordan days)...but boy!!! here i was...reading this thread (that'd why i've been keeping QUIET..hehe) ...

I sooo agree with Bonita on this! But I'm learning a lot by being here, though! Keep the info coming! :cool:

btw, I am from KL too...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-12-2003 01:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bonita at 19-12-2003 11:06 AM:
as for me, i've been listening to R&B since i was younger (Bobby Brown, Tevin Campbell, Montell Jordan days)...but boy!!! here i was...reading this thread (that'd why i've been keeping QUIET..hehe) ...

Let us all meet up at Orange shall we  (if i'm in town that is...) heheh although i must admit that i feel a  bit "ancient" for this clubbing thingy nowadays...or probably i've had had enuff of it

Use magic Report

Post time 20-12-2003 09:04 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 19/12/2003 10:36 AM:

Dru Hill....hmm....their ...

That means.. they're not free to do their own things.. tightly depend on the record label. Btw, i love some of their songs such as "I Love You".

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-12-2003 11:06 AM | Show all posts
Bonita..u mention you listen to Bobby Brown..are u saying u started listening to his music since 1987 (his first album titled King of Stage)?...if so u r in the right tracklah..u only lack of time or maybe passion for rnb music...

KoSe..i called up Universal Malaysia and asked them to rls Ruben album to locally but their answer was cold...

Lana...orange? lol..no needlah...just hang out at stalls better...like in Sri Hartamas or Bangsar

Muntz...correct..each artist are tied up with contract..so they have to follow everything written in the contract...btw do u know that Woody of Dru Hill have rls 1 album back in 2000...its a gospel flavoured but not really into god.its mellow....and latest news i heard was..Nokio is working on Solo album..

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 03:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Lana at 20-12-2003 01:13 PM:
Let us all meet up at Orange shall we  (if i'm in town that is...) heheh although i must admit that i feel a  bit "ancient" for this clubbing thingy nowadays...or probably i've had had en ...

huh? orange? like i said..the place full of kids (younger than 20, i assume)...so i really felt like 'kakak-kakak' hehe...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 03:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 22-12-2003 11:06 AM:
Bonita..u mention you listen to Bobby Brown..are u saying u started listening to his music since 1987 (his first album titled King of Stage)?...if so u r in the right tracklah..u only lack of time  ...

i can't remember the title of his album..but i love songs like roni, every little step, rock witcha'...

ok thanks..lead me pls ok..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-12-2003 05:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 22/12/2003 11:06 AM:
Bonita..u mention you listen to Bobby Brown..are u saying u started listening to his music since 1987 (his first album titled King of Stage)?...if so u r in the right tracklah..u only lack of time  ...

Sisqo's also part of Dru Hill right? Then why the group's not so famous? Ppl even think that Sisqo's already "dead" in the industry... :stp:

Use magic Report

Post time 23-12-2003 11:59 AM | Show all posts
sisqo the 'thong song' guy?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-12-2003 10:27 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 22-12-2003 11:06 AM:

Bonita, orange full of kids eh?tak jadi ahh...hehehhe.

Soul..stalls can do.. if i'm  back in Malaysia that is..will look up for you guys..& if schedule permits..by the way, aper jadi ngan Soul for Real, Tony Thompson, Driza Bone and  R. Tresvant?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2003 10:53 AM | Show all posts
Bonita..ok well that was taken from Bobby 2nd album rls in 1988 "Dont Be Cruel"...its a classic album tho...the album was actually among the few new jack swing album (around that time)..made popular by teddy riley...

Muntz...yes Sisqo is part of Dru Hill. Dru Hill was quite popular back in 1996 (1st album) and 1998 (2nd album)..their record sold million specially their 2nd...but somehow theres dispute among the members so each decide to do their own thangs which lead to sisqo releasing 2 album, woody 1 album and nokio is actively producing a song and rapping featuring on other ppl  album...and their 3rd album actually is a get together as they still have contract left with defsoul....

Lana..soul 4 real is still around and they did rls 3rd album back in 1999 (i have the album) but it was rls on indie label as their contract with MCA is over...atm..they looking for new contract and recording label..

Tony Thompson is still around...hes back with his old group Hi-Five and currently in the studio working on new album which due next year...

No idea bout Drizabone...in fact i know nothing bout that guy...maybe you can share some info bout him..

Ralph Tres is back with New Edition and working on new studio album aswell...its due Summer next year and will be rls under P.Diddy record label....

Use magic Report

Post time 24-12-2003 12:00 PM | Show all posts
Soul..thanks for the info..so its been a while since Soul for Real's last album..thats ashame  coz they r pretty good ..my favourite no. of theirs is Every Little Thing I do..

Look forward to Tony Thompson & Tres  groups' new releases..u think they 'd do well with the group or they are better off solo?

Drizabone.- female singer actually (well she sounds like one )..sorry terlajak hehhe.. her song Real Love pernah hit kejap..i meant to say Bone Thugs 'n'  Harmony ....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-12-2003 03:58 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 24/12/2003 10:53 AM:
Muntz...yes Sisqo is part of Dru Hill. Dru Hill was quite popular back in 1996 (1st album) and 1998 (2nd album)..their record sold million specially their 2nd...but somehow theres dispute among the members so each decide to do their own thangs which lead to sisqo releasing 2 album, woody 1 album and nokio is actively producing a song and rapping featuring on other ppl  album...and their 3rd album actually is a get together as they still have contract left with defsoul....

I only knew them when they released "Dru World Order". I loved the singles released from the album. About their previous albums, I have no idea... To me, it's better for them to stick as a group since that they can't survive so much of being a solo artist.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-12-2003 11:20 AM | Show all posts
Lana..Drizabone has nothing to do with Bone Thungs n Harmony. Driza album was rls back in 1995 title Conspirary (thats all i know). Btw do u own Driza album, if so i would like to have a listen to it.

Tony and Tres are amazing artist, each individual are better when they are going solo or with their group (coz each played main part in their group as a lead singer)

Muntz...agreed but again they flop like share market...

anyhow i made 4 new album review in the other thread..check it out

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2003 01:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by soulquarianz at 26-12-2003 11:20 AM:
Lana..Drizabone has nothing to do with Bone Thungs n Harmony. Driza album was rls back in 1995 title Conspirary (thats all i know). Btw do u own Driza album, if so i would like to have a listen to  ...

soul ..i know..i meant to write Bone Thugs n Harmony..but my mind was on Driza bone heheh...i  dont have the album but i do have her single...i'll try to make a copy of it and pass it to you....

Use magic Report

Post time 28-12-2003 03:40 AM | Show all posts
Do Drizabone has anything to do with Bone Thugs Harmony? I'm a little bit confused.. :stp:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Kenapa Biri Biri Jalan Lambat?
XimKenapa Biri Biri Jalan Lambat?
Views : 21672 Replies : 64
Dharma Harun Adik Manja tanggung 2 ekor biawak komodo
PrickfordDharma Harun Adik Manja tanggung 2 ekor
Views : 5694 Replies : 75
Hanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti V79
syitaeyqaHanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti
Views : 205096 Replies : 4906
Semasa meeting boss tiba-tiba cakap "saya kecewa dengan prestasi kerja kamu". Apa yang korang nak jawab?
admin6Semasa meeting boss tiba-tiba cakap "say
Views : 4338 Replies : 8
Cinta itu buta:Gadis 23 tahun sanggup putuskan hubungan dengan ibu bapa demi berkahwin lelaki 80 tahun
YgBenarCinta itu buta:Gadis 23 tahun sanggup pu
Views : 3593 Replies : 23
Makan separuh kak
jueazMakan separuh kak
Views : 12349 Replies : 9
upsr bocor versi murid, cikgu, bapak
jonedoeupsr bocor versi murid, cikgu, bapak
Views : 5692 Replies : 24
Oh ni lah dia sebabnya....
RalineOh ni lah dia sebabnya....
Views : 3679 Replies : 28
Transfer aset trading?
KogoromouriTransfer aset trading?
Views : 5829 Replies : 11
Cara-cara nak tonton siaran TV dan Astro online secara percuma
khairulikhwanCara-cara nak tonton siaran TV dan Astro
Views : 30438 Replies : 30

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-6-2024 03:29 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083039 second(s), 42 queries .