CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: Nick_Perelman

Why descendants of Isaac were chosen first?

[Copy link]
Post time 22-10-2006 01:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vitruvian_man at 22-10-2006 01:12 AM

When Allah tested Prophet Abraham faith and loyalty by asking Prophet abraham to sacrifice Ishmael, Ishmael consented himself to be sacrificed.He even give a morale support to  Prophet Abraha ...

Well, first of all, there is absolutely no evidence to say that Ismail was the one who was to eb sacrifiuced by abraham.

Even if he was, that in no way showed he was prophetic.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-10-2006 03:12 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Nick_Perelman at 14-10-2006 05:55 PM
Abraham had two sons: Ishmael and Isaac. According to Islam both were prophets. Then why descendants of Isaac were chosen first, despite Isaac was a youngest son? Why descendants of Ishmael became pagans? Why Ishmael was kicked to desert by Abraham? .

You must be mixing too much with Truth to the extent you even write like him. You are right in saying that Islam accepts both as prophets. And why? Because Islam is not biased like the Bible.  Morover pecisely because of that I have lost faith in the Bible as being truthful because how can you change or deny the right of brith of a first  born? Don't you find it strange in that Ishmael being of true first-born is being sidelined by Isaac who was second-born? How would you feel if you being firstborn were denied that right by your younger brother? How would you feel Nick? Tell me.

ARI FUZZMAN

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2006 03:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 22-10-2006 01:34 AM
Well, first of all, there is absolutely no evidence to say that Ismail was the one who was to eb sacrifiuced by abraham.

The Bible records Ishmael as the firstborn of Abramn and yet you sick people have the cheek to say that Isaac is firstborn. Whoever believes that Isaac is the true first born should be seeking refuge in mental assylums. Hahahaha that includes famously you and Nick. Cheers guys.

ARI FUZZMAN

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2006 03:57 AM | Show all posts
We are talking about prophetics now, how was Ishmael propehtic?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2006 02:59 PM | Show all posts

Reply #61 Debmey's post

I can't believe that i have to explain this.

Yes there is.In the Quran. :bgrin:

Willing to be sacrificed to support Abraham to obey God's order?That is divine!It was an example on how faithful and devoted we should be..Will you give urself to your dad to be sacrificed if God ask your dad to sacrifice you? :cak:

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2006 09:18 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vitruvian_man at 22-10-2006 02:59 PM
I can't believe that i have to explain this.

Yes there is.In the Quran. :bgrin:

The Quran merely claims he was a prophet, it does not in any way show how he was propehtic.

Willing to be sacrificed to support Abraham to obey God's order?That is divine!It was an example on how ...

Not all servants of God were prophets and not all servants of God have to be prophetic as well.
Besides, there are no records to back up the Quran's claim that Ishmael was teh child that was to be sacrificed by Abraham.

And here's the contradiction.
If Ishmael was indeed the favoured son who was prophetic and to be sacrificed, why then did allah allow his descendenst to reject God and be pagans? Raising up teh descendts of Isaac instead?

[ Last edited by  Debmey at 22-10-2006 09:41 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

23-5-2024 11:39 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.063068 second(s), 28 queries .