ADVERTISEMENT

Author: yipun_78

His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 14-8-2013 07:55 AM | Show all posts

Prince George to Receive Special Cufflinks at Likely Fall Christening

By Simon Perry

07/27/2013 at 11:25 AM EDT

Have Prince George's first christening gifts been revealed?

Cousin of Prince William India Hicks has created some special jewelry and is set to send the littlest prince – who was born on July 22 – a set of cufflinks.

The jewelry, monogrammed with the letter G, is part of a collection the former model-turned-lifestyle guru and jewelry maker has created in her Bahamian home.

There is no tradition of giving presents at birth within the royal family, but gifts are given at the christening, which is likely to happen in the fall.

A goddaughter of Prince Charles, India's Love Letters line is inspired by her father David, a decorator and designer.

"He made a geometric alphabet and I have translated that into jewelry," Hicks, 45, told PEOPLE. "The alphabet that I have done has a strong link with my past but yet is very much in the present. At a glance they could look like hieroglyphics – they are not the obvious letter."

Adds Hicks, "Everybody loves something that's personalized and there certainly is a great tradition within the royal family of monogramming, going back over the generations, so it just seemed an ideal present."

Hicks, who lives with partner David Flint Wood, 52, and their five young children, has watched how the royal baby has even "captivated" people on their small island.

"Over the years we have seen William grow from a mischievous monkey into a reassuringly stable man, who values his close relationships with family and friends and honors his position with sensitivity and frankness," she says.

And one of baby George's names is Louis, which is believed to be in honor of Earl Louis Mountbatten, Hicks' grandfather.

PEOPLE cover

Hicks says they "are deeply touched that this new royal addition carries my grandfather's name. My grandfather was not only a beloved uncle, but also mentor to Prince Charles."

As William and Kate, both 31, begin these post-birth days at the Middleton family home, Hicks – who was one of Princess Diana’s bridesmaids while her mother was an attendant to Queen Elizabeth on her wedding day – sees the upbringing of George being different from previous generations.

"There is a change in the way the royal family are able to bring up their children. Neither is right or wrong – it's just  a change … Now, we are much more hands-on as a generation. The tide has turned somewhat in our feeling towards that. It would be much more easier for someone like Kate to say 'it would be unforgivable to leave my children behind,' for example."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-8-2013 07:57 AM | Show all posts

New parents Prince William and Kate were handed a special scroll marking the birth of son Prince George when they left the hospital.

The gift is almost identical to the one made 31 years ago to celebrate William's birth at the same place – the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital, London.

Prince George's scroll

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
The memento was inscribed by hand, using traditional calligraphic styles and presented in an embossed leather case.

Thanking staff, Sir Richard Sykes, chairman of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust which runs the hospital, said in a statement, "It will always be a source of great pride for the Trust and everyone who works here that the baby, like his father, was born in the Lindo Wing at St Mary's and we would like to wish him the very best of luck for the future."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2013 08:00 AM | Show all posts

Prince George: Will Prince Harry & Pippa Middleton Be Godparents?

By K.C. Blumm and Simon Perry

07/28/2013 at 04:00 PM EDT

Harry, Pippa and George (inset)

Now that Prince George is here (after a long wait), the next question is: who will Prince William and Kate choose to be their son's godparents?

Preparations are already underway for the future king of England's christening, which is set to take place in the fall, but there's a lot of speculation over who the newborn's six godparents will be – the royal family traditionally chooses three men and three women.

According to British betting firm Ladbrokes, William's brother, Prince Harry, and Kate's sister, Pippa Middleton, are the firm favorites, but the list of other contenders even includes soccer star David Beckham (at 16/1 odds)!

However, Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine, tells PEOPLE that it's unlikely Becks is in the running. "There are no hard and fast rules about this but I just know the royal family has never had a celebrity as a godparent," she says.

But she does admit "there are wild cards" on the shortlist. "Godparents don't have to be your best friend. Quite often it is quite the opposite, it can be somebody quite random."

Prince William certainly has an interesting list of godparents, including Lady Susan Hussey (the Queen's lady-in-waiting), the former king of Greece, Constantine, and Sir Laurens van der Post, the explorer and writer (a close friend of William's father Prince Charles, who was 76 when William was christened).

"You choose godparents for various reasons," William's cousin, jewelry designer and mother of five India Hicks says.

"We chose one that we knew would be there if anything happened to us and be able to take over the mothering for the child, we chose one who was fascinating from a religious point of view and had a very different think on life, could teach the children a different way of looking at religion. We chose a great artist who could inspire them," she says. "I would think they wouldn't be any different from that."

Uncle Harry and Aunt Pippa seem like obvious choices, but Seward says that since they are already so closely related to the baby and will be around all the time, "there is no real need" to have them as godparents as well.

Seward's list of frontrunners includes:

• Sophie Wessex, who's married to William's uncle, Prince Edward. "She is a member of the family and is quite child-oriented. I think she would be quite good as a godmother," Seward says.

• Zara Tindall, William's cousin and Olympic equestrian champion, who's expecting a baby herself. "William loves Zara, so I think she might be more of a candidate than Harry," she admits.

• Thomas van Straubenzee, James Meade or Hugh Van Custem, who are all friends of William's. "They are all part of their very tight-knit group."

• Tiggy Legge-Bourke, who's William's former nanny. "William is godfather to one of her children [Tom, who was a pageboy at William and Kate's wedding], plus she has always been there for William and Harry."

• Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece. William is the godfather to Pavlos's son, Prince Constantine, Seward explains, and Pavlov's dad, Constantine, is William's own godfather.

• A member of Kate's family. "What about Kate's uncle, Gary Goldsmith? Wouldn't that be funny?" Seward jokes, adding, "Kate might want her brother, James, instead of Pippa, or there might be someone on from Kate's family that we just don't know about."

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2013 08:12 AM | Show all posts
yipun_78 posted on 25-7-2013 08:27 AM
Members of the public and tourists pose for pictures outside Buckingham Palace in London on  ...

harian metro berjaya kembangkan kelucahannye di bumi england

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-8-2013 09:10 AM | Show all posts
Prince Charles panggil cucu dia Georgie

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2013 09:10 AM | Show all posts

newest photo released today of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their new arrival, Prince George, and their pet dogs.
In his first interview since last month's birth, Prince William describes his baby son as 'a little bit of a rascal.'

LONDON -- His newborn son is "a little bit of a rascal" and car seats can daunt any dad, Britain's Prince William says.          

The second in line to the British throne has described his joy at introducing his son to the world on the steps of a London hospital last month - and about his nerves over fitting the car seat securely into the Land Rover before driving off.        
  William told CNN in his first interview since Prince George's birth on July 22 that both he and the Duchess of Cambridge couldn't wait to show off their son when they emerged from St. Mary's Hospital to meet the world's media a day later.
         "I'm just glad he wasn't screaming his head off the whole way through," he said in an interview broadcast Monday.
         William was quizzed on a range of child-rearing topics - from baby toys to diapers and sleep deprivation - and acknowledged that his expert performance sliding his child's car seat into the back of the royal four-wheel drive was a well-drilled exercise.
         "Believe me, it wasn't my first time. And I know there's been speculation about that.  I had to practice, I really did," he said.
         William and his wife's assured, do-it-yourself performance in front of the hospital helped cement the couple's image as the modern face of Britain's monarchy. But William said the decision to take his own baby in hand and drive home in the glare of the international press was a way of establishing his independence.
         "I very much feel if I can do it myself, I want to do it myself," he said. "And there are times where you can't do it yourself and the system takes over or it's appropriate to do things differently.  But, I think driving your son and your wife away from hospital was really important to me."
         As for the nearly 1-month-old baby, William referred to him as "a little bit of a rascal" who he said reminded him of his younger brother, Prince Harry.
         Striking a slightly exasperated tone familiar to many new fathers, he said he wished Prince George would settle down a little.
         "At the moment, the only legacy I want to pass on to him is to sleep more and maybe not have to change his nappy so many times."
         The interview is part of a one-hour CNN documentary, "Prince William's Passion:  New Hope, New Father," due to air on Sept. 15.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-8-2013 09:12 AM | Show all posts
Prince William describes parenthood in interviewhttp://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=9211167&pid=9211041 Last edited by reddots on 20-8-2013 09:14 AM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-8-2013 07:26 AM | Show all posts
Prince George: 10 steps for taking a reasonably decent photo of a new baby

The first official photograph of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's new baby has earned a measure of plaudits for amateur photographer and grandfather Michael Middleton. That first baby snap isn't easy, writes photographer Caroline Briggs.

Every new parent has been there. You want to take a photo of your beautiful bundle of joy, but on camera he looks like a red-faced Gollum. There is more pressure than ever in this age of Pinterest-perfect imagery to produce a photo that stands up to social media scrutiny.

My own son was born two days after Prince George, so I know how hard it is to shoehorn in a photoshoot between the sleepless nights and endless nappy changes. There are some tips that can help.

1. Timing is everything. The first couple of weeks when your baby is still curled up and as sleepy as a sloth are best for a newborn shoot. Make sure he or she is well fed, with a clean nappy, and wait for baby to drift off. Dress them in the outfit or blanket you want to use for the photo before they go to sleep. Patience is key.

2. Use soft, natural light from a window instead of flash for the most flattering results. Pop them on a bed in front of a large window, with simple light-coloured bed linen and a soft textured blanket.

3. De-clutter the background. Your brain might be good at filtering out the dirty clothes on the bed but your camera may not.

4. Get in close and get down low for the best angle. Taking your camera down to your baby's eye level will give you a more personal point of view.

5. You can always crop the photograph afterwards to fill the frame with your baby's gorgeous chops, helpfully cutting out the milky stains on the duvet (particularly handy if you're after an aspirational lifestyle shot, and not the sometimes grim reality of life with a newborn).

6. Don't forget details. Those tiny hands and tootsies are going to grow - and fast - so get them on camera before they turn into spades.

7. You might want to consider using a lens with a long focal length and a wide-open aperture. If that's all Greek to you, then stick your SLR on portrait mode, and it should give you a nice bit of background blur.

8. Don't forget the "firsts". Your baby's first bath, first trip outside, and first visit to see the grandparents are all worthy of capture.

9. For these candid moments your camera phone comes into its own.

10. Finally, your child will want to know what mummy and daddy looked like when they were born so, like Catherine and William, get a friend to put yourselves in the frame too. It's up to you whether you want to edit out those sleepy eye bags.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-8-2013 07:35 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:48 AM | Show all posts

Oct 2013

Royal fans were thrilled to see how much George had grown since he was last seen in his official portrait as the couple made their way into the Chapel Royal in St James’ Palace. For the ceremony three-month-old George was dressed in a replica in his father's 172-year-old Honiton lace royal christening robe.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:49 AM | Show all posts

Kate was radiant on her boy's big day in a coat dress designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. She complemented the elegant look with a headpiece by Jane Taylor and her favourite citrine drop Kiki earrings

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:50 AM | Show all posts

Prince George’s godparents arriving at his christening. From left: Julia Samuel, a close friend of Princess Diana who has been a constant support to William and Harry; Oliver Baker, a friend of William and Kate from their days at St Andrews; Zara Phillips, William’s cousin; William van Cutsem, a childhood friend of William; and Emilia Jardine-Paterson, who went to St Andrews with the royal couple and introduced them.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:51 AM | Show all posts

In February 2014, delighted royal watchers got the chance to see how much the six-month-old had grown when HELLO! published exclusive pictures of the little boy heading off on his first ever trip abroad. Seen in his mother’s arms as she stepped off the scheduled Boeing 777 service to catch their flight transfer to Mustique, the little Prince seemed totally unaffected by the eight-hour journey from the UK. He wriggled happily as he experienced the warm sunshine on his limbs for the first time since late last summer. Kate and George were on their way to the Caribbean to celebrate her mother Carole's birthday.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:54 AM | Show all posts

Mac 2014

Gazing adoringly at the Cambridges' pet dog Lupo, George takes centre stage in a new family portrait released at the end of March ahead of William and Kate's royal tour of Australia and New Zealand. The little seven-month-old Prince melted hearts the world over in his third ever official shoot, which had royal fans commenting on how much his little round cheeks and button nose were reminiscent of Kate as a baby. The lick of blond hair was unmistakably William's, though

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:55 AM | Show all posts

Apr 2014

The tiny future King completely stole the show as the Cambridges touched down in Wellington, New Zealand to begin their ten-day trip Down Under. Despite the long-haul flight and hours spent travelling from London with a delayed arrival time due to stormy conditions, the little boy was good as gold as his very first foreign tour got underway. He was kitted out in a jumper bearing a detail of two royal guards and underneath he wore a white collared shirt, with ivory shorts which left him free to attempt wriggling from his mum's arms. Kate looked flawless in a red regimental double-breasted dress by Catherine Walker – a British designer much loved by William's late mother Princess Diana.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:56 AM | Show all posts

A few days later, George took part in his first ever public engagement – at the tender age of eight months old. The little Prince was the VIP guest at a special playdate arranged in his honour. George was in a particularly sunny mood as he was introduced to ten other babies born within two weeks of his July 22, 2013 birthday at Government House in Wellington. Calling out to his mother – and showing off his new two bottom teeth in the process – the cute tot sat on the plush carpet of the Blandour Room, which was filled with toys. He was particularly taken with one featuring colourful wooden beads, holding it aloft and giggling.

The youngster was kitted out in blue Rachel Riley dungaree shorts bearing a ship motif, a white blouse and soft shoes, perfect for a baby who has just started crawling. George – who was one of the biggest babies in the room – confidently showed off his new skills, shuffling towards the others to play. Kate, elegant in a black and white geometric print dress by Tory Burch, kept a close eye on her little boy, occasionally wiping his chin. Meanwhile William chatted to some of the other parents.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:58 AM | Show all posts

Prince George thrilled locals when he was seen for the third time in public during his royal visit to New Zealand in April. The royal baby was carried by his doting father Prince William as the family boarded the plane to leave Wellington for their next stop on the tour, Sydney. Gorgeous George could have been forgiven for looking a little grumpy as he had just woken up from a nap. Earlier on in the day, Kate had apologised to locals, saying that she couldn't bring her "podgy baby" out with her on engagement as George had been sleeping.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 07:59 AM | Show all posts

Prince George was presented with several gifts on the royal tour to Australia and New Zealand in April, but the most fitting was perhaps the huge wombat cuddly toy he was given by Australian Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove in Sydney. The royal baby looked completely taken by the stuffed animal as he reached out and stroked its fluffy fur, with a little encouragement from Prince William

On Easter Sunday the little Prince had his very first trip to the zoo. He kicked his legs and waved his arms with excitement when he met a bilby – a rabbit-like marsupial – named George in his honour in Sydney's Taragona zoo. His parents took turns holding the little boy, who at one point stood up and put his hands on a clear plastic fence as he tried to get a better look at the bilby, affectionately known as Australia's Easter bunny

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 08:00 AM | Show all posts

Prince George bore a striking resemblance to his father Prince William when he was pictured arriving in Australia for the second leg of the family's royal tour abroad in April. The eight-month-old was dressed in a white smock with blue embroidered detail, similar to the one William wore when he was carried by Princess Diana in 1983, at the tender age of just nine-months-old.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2014 08:00 AM | Show all posts

The family co-ordinated in blue as they touched down in Canberra for the final leg of their tour, and once again inquisitive Prince George was the star of the show as he wriggled around in his mum's arms, taking in his new surroundings. Covering the tour, HELLO! magazine's royal correspondent Judy Wade remarked of the bouncing nine-month-old: "I have marvelled at how he appears to be interested in everything and everyone and how his mummy and daddy take so much pride in showing him off. We haven't seen a single tear so far, although everyone would understand if he yelled or protested at being constantly on the move from city to city and country to country."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

7-6-2024 12:46 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.345574 second(s), 45 queries .