CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: isabel

Others Asian Country ~ Entertainment News & Info HERE!

[Copy link]
Post time 16-11-2006 07:17 PM | Show all posts
Why Dalal Wants to Murder Mallika?
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 16, 2006]  

Mallika Sherawat continues to make headlines. Be it the hullabaloo over her true age, her nine minute walk-away-unnoticed role in Jackie Chan? ?he Myth? or her many quotable quotes in the media. ?en talk to my boobs?.? Well that was the most tacky quote one could ever read (Though there? a semblance of truth in that though?ah!). now, the latest on Mallika is that an educated criminal Rajesh Dalal has been caught from Sangli in Maharashtra. Why? He had been planning to murder Mallika. Reason: She had been spoiling the name of the Jat community by constantly saying in the media that she is a simple girl from Haryana who made it big in Films. Phew!

If that is not the price of fame, then what is! The police claim that it is a publicity stunt on the part of Dalal who has several cases registered against him. Mallika on her part is unfazed and says that she is not afraid. I don? think she should be. She is an actress who is doing a job (Yes, her acting in her last film ?yaar Ke Side Effects? was pretty decent) and there are other ways of lodging a protest, why kill the poor girl. She never said anything disparaging about her community. So, what? the big deal!

I think Mallika? spunk is genuine and she should retain that. Chak De Phatte girl

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-11-2006 07:18 PM | Show all posts
-----indiaglitz-----

It's time for Dhoni's heart to be stolen
Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 16, 2006]  

It had to happen sooner or later. And this time around Mahendra Singh Dhoni is saying it with a song.

All you girls, don't be alarmed since Dhoni is doing this strictly for the camera - that is to woo a girl and appear in a song. The number in question? 'Dil Ko Churaya Re,' the video of which would be out on your television screens soon.

While the dashing keeper/batsman hammers it away in South Afirca, his fans would have their hands full with him on both the sports as well as music channels. He acts and even shakes a leg or two in the video of 'Dil Ko Churaya Re' which is sung by debutant singer Rani.

The album has eight songs and has music by Lal Sinha and lyrics by Shabbir Ahmed, who has written for quite a few Bollywood numbers over the years.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-11-2006 07:19 PM | Show all posts
-----indiaglitz-----

Will 'Maula Mere' help Mithoon again?
Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 16, 2006]  

Young composer Mithoon is still basking in the glory of smash-hit 'Tere Bin' from 'Bas Ek Pal.' Seems like he should have one more success when the album of 'Anwar' hits the stands soon.

Though the film directed by 'Matrubhoomi' director Manish Jha stars relative newcomers like Sidharth Koirala and Nauheed Cyrusi, what is helping the film get noticed is the number 'Maula Mere' which is playing on music channels all over. Composed by Mithoon, it is a soft sufi based number with sensitive lyrics and excellent singing, something which was the hallmark of 'Tere Bin' too.

Watch out for 'Maula Mere' since it again appears to be a 'lambi race ka ghoda' which would be heard lots more in the days to come.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-11-2006 07:24 PM | Show all posts
-----indiaglitz-----

Movie Review

Deadline ? Sirf 24 Ghante - Engrossing Fare  
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz  [Friday, November 10, 2006]  

In the last few weeks I have suffered some long-n-surreptiously-boring films. Hence I walked in with a fair amount of trepidation in a cloistered preview theatre to watch an east-meets-west titled film ?eadline-Sirf 24 Ghante?. And two hour and a few minutes later, I had a big smile on my face as I emerged out having watched a well made film that keeps you engrossed from first frame to the last one.

Who is director Tanveer Khan, I asked a friend during the interval? ?e has written all the films for Indra Kumar including ?shq?, ?aja? etc and also directed an eminently forgettable film ?adhoshi? starring Bipasha Basu that sank without a trace,? he replied. Do you think ?eadline? is a rip off of a good Hollywood DVD? ?on? think so?pparently it? based on a real life story of a well known doctor.? Hmmmm?..The respect grew further for the director and his craft.

In an industry where the thriller genre is limited to Abbas-Mastan brand of tepid potboilers or Ram Gopal Verma? occasional hint of a genius, it is heartening to come across a thriller that doesn? kneel hard on shocking editing chops and blood-pressure-boiling background score. Instead, the sensitivity by which the story has been handled, no frills-attached song-n-dance and a surprisingly convincing climax keeps you riveted till the end. Alright, a few things have been taken for granted. Like?

The simplistic manner in which a big time heart surgeon Dr Viren Goenka? (Rajit Kapur) daughter Anishka (Jhanak Shukla) is kidnapped is a bit too bizarre. No security guards protecting a big bungalow?.Seems unthinkable in today? time and age. Even Roohi? (Sandhya Mridul) character need not have resorted to coquettish mini-skirted ways to seduce Dr Viren when she had to make him a hostage on a gun point anyways. Considering her true identity, the bare leggy part seems more for titillation than any other reason. Even the capsule that Anishka? mom Sanjana (Konkona Sensharma) mixes in kidnapper Krrish Vaidya? (Irrfan Khan) drink to raise his BP beyond permissible limits is a bit too filmy. Moreover, how can Dr Viren manage to assemble a huge sum of money overnight collected from various sources and delivered in a Delhi hotel (He lives in Mumbai) without arousing suspicion of his lenders?

Apart from a few glitches, ?eadline-Sirf 24 Ghante? is an absorbing film that keeps you interested throughout. What makes it even more watchable is its starcast. Irrfan? bordering-on-psychotic kidnapper is immensely focused and ruthless to the core. His motive justifies his actions too. The deadpan expressions and dripping-with-cynicism humour evokes admiration-n-applause.

Zakir Hussein? Kabir is a bumbling-gold-at-heart kidnapper who strikes you for his grip over flowing nervous energy. Even his silent vacuous expressions say a lot. Konkona Sensharma looks a bit too young for being passed off as a mother to a six or seven year old kid. But if you leave that aside, as expected she is a treat to watch especially in the high decibel histrionics she displays while fighting hard with Irrfan or showing the mirror of reality to her husband. Her bonding and concern for Anishka is very real and contextual.

Sandhya Mridul as a heartless-n-hard kidnapper never winces from doing what she is supposed to. Princey Jhanak Shukla as baby Anishka is a delightful kid who impresses with her performance (Especially when she has an Asthma attack). Finally Rajit Kapur as Dr Viren Goenka displays two sides to his personality and convincingly portrays both parts. The plight of a father superseding an ambitious doctor-entrepreneur comes across very naturally. Wish one could see him on big screen more often.

Baba Azmi? camera work is good while Sanjay Sankla? editing is spot on. The second half tends to drag a bit but it is made up by the taut climax. Director Tanveer Khan has competently written the story and dialogues himself. I am not interested in knowing what over-hyped Shirish Kunder? future plans are, but I am surely keen on finding out what Tanveer Khan is doing next. Watch out for this man?.He is gonna go places. As for ?eadline-Sirf 24 Ghante?.Take my word?.You? enjoy watching it!

Deadline-Sirf 24 Ghante: Grips-Your-Imagination!

Star Rating: ***1/2

Use magic Report

Post time 16-11-2006 07:26 PM | Show all posts
-----indiaglitz-----

Movie Review

Apna Sapna Money Money - More Honey Than Money  
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz  [Saturday, November 11, 2006]  

There was a coffee advertisement where tennis star Sania Mirza is overwhelmed by the weight of expectations to know that parents had been naming their daughters Sania after her name. I hope she doesn? watch Sangeeth Sivan? mad-cap-sleaze-flick ?pna Sapna Money Money? for it seems that the director is more obsessed with her ?ssets? than her fantastic game. The manner in which Sania?as been badnam(ed) in this Mukta Arts film is enough for her to file a PIL in the court. As for this B-grade film?.It? sure to go down well with the front-bencher-penny-throwing-crowd. And why on earth Riteish Deshmukh and Anupam Kher have to resort to such banal humour?eats me!

Sangeeth Sivan must have been encouraged by his Ekta Kapoor Sick-Flick (Oops?.make that sex film) ?ya Kool Hain Hum? to have attempted an ode to money (make that ode to cleavage) with double entendre jokes and a wafer thin plot (make that virtual wafer thin). I was hopeful of watching something different from Shreyas Talpade especially after ?or? but I was sorely disappointed with his majnu Arjun act who? do anything to attract attention of simple belle Shivani (Riya Sen). Living in his gali mohalla, Shivani is the daughter of an educated Shastri ji (Anupam Kher) who turns horny when he heads into Sania (Riteish Deshmukh in one of his many disguises) and would do anything to lay his hands on oranges. Oranges!....Forget it!

Kishan (Riteish) is an imposter friend of Arjun. Now, this friend himself needs some help as a Kanchacheena Rana (Chunky Pandey) is after his life for he has cheated him in a chit fund scam in the bikini-friendly Goa. On the run Kishan changes faces with a reckless felicity. While doing so, he bumps into Sania, the big thief (Celina Jaitley) with nothing but a skimpy blue dress to wear throughout the film that reveals more than what it hides.

Sania is being hauntingly hunted by Inspector Na-Maane (Suneil Shetty) and his deputy Borkar (How apt). The Rs 50 crore worth diamonds lands up in Kishan? custody. And Carlos (Jackie Shroff), the post-dated-check-Don doesn? like it.  This madness is catapulted to another level by Chote Sarkar (Rajpal Yadav) with his penchant for emulating the stark silence of Amitabh Bachchan in Ramu? ?arkar? while making a name for himself in the underworld. It? another story that he is operating from a seedy ?abela? with hundreds of cows for company.     

Sangeeth Sivan is aiming to make a brand for himself like Priyadarshan, especially the climax-confusion where everybody is after everybody else. While Priyan? humour is mostly in good taste (excuse ?aram Masala?) Sivan? choice of comedy ranges from fantastic comical lines to banal-below-the-belt howlers. The nok-jhok between Rajpal Yadav and his crony Sunil Pal is hilarious. It? good to see The Laughter Challenge Champion Pal getting a role that makes him get noticed (?hir Hera Pheri? was a joke on his talent). Riteish too is fast emerging as an actor of immense potential (Though he should resist from being typecast as the sex-flick-expert type). I also wish I could have seen him more in his jeans and Ts than the Salwar Kameez of his drag queen get-up. Koena Mitra didn? have to try too hard to be the original drag-queen as she looks a weirdo with those kohl eyes and a strangely structured face that makes her more manly than anything else. She sizzles on the saucy numbers alright. But it? a long time before she could think of being taken seriously as an actress.

Riya Sen, Celina Jaitley and Shreyas Talpade are wasted. As for Anupam Kher, his blind act evokes laughs in the beginning but his obsessive love for Sania is nauseating. An actor of his stature should desist from such imbecile roles. Suneil Shetty surprisingly impresses with his Marathi Inspector Na-Maane. It? good that he has accepted his fate as a character artiste. At least he doesn? have to carry the burden of taking a film on his own shoulders. Chunky Pandey as the Nepali lord Rana is a treat. This guy is finally finding the right roles for himself.  

Pritam? music is club house mix. ?aisa Paisa? and ?il Mein Baji Guitar? are worth ho-hum on the dance floor. But they seem more or less forced during the film. Finally, ?pna Sapna Money Money? is a film that you can enjoy on a stag night out but if you take your wife or girlfriend along, then be prepared for the repercussions. The rickshawala, taxiwala crowd will be patronizing it anyway. Expect Money at the Box Office?ood News Mr Ghai.

Apna Sapna Money Money: Worth-A Penny!  

Rating: **1/2

Use magic Report

Post time 16-11-2006 09:09 PM | Show all posts
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=54292

Kristine out of her comfort zone

By MARIDOL RA?A-BISMARK

The Philippine Star

Kristine Hermosa swears she is a new person. The problems that have made her inaccessible to the press (e.g. an ongoing marriage annulment case over her union with Diether Ocampo) are still there. But they don? force her into a corner anymore, away from nosey reporters.

"I admit the corner is my comfort zone. Bright lights make me uncomfortable," admits Kristine.

But she has learned to fight her "corner mentality" and accept that she need not hide from her problems all the time.

"I?e grown mature. I?e learned to face problems squarely," she says at the presscon of Star Cinema and Viva Films? ?ag Kang Lilingon, Kristine? first horror movie.

Kristine plays against type in the horror movie,where she is cast as Angel the breadwinner in the Salamin episode.

"Before and after I shoot, I make it a point to pray to make sure nothing bad will go with me when I get home," says Kristine.

Her breadwinner role in the film, however, is worlds apart from who she is in real life. Kristine loves to provide for her family, though. She built a three-story house in Loyola Grand Villas, Quezon City for them. Thursday, Kristine? parents and siblings stay in the big house that took one year to construct.

Even if she can stay there, Kristine has opted to strike out on her own in Cubao, where she maintains a condo. The only other resident in the unit is her trusted yaya.

"The condo is more convenient for me because it? nearer ABS," she explains.

Okay, so down with those eyebrows. Kristine is at peace with her family, thank you.

Going solo flight has hastened Kristine? transformation into a fully-grown-up woman. She has learned to think things over on her own and thresh out old issues with Diether, who at one unguarded moment admitted that his wife is still young. Read: she has a lot of growing up to do.

Her newly-acquired position as overseer of Fix Salon in Cybermall, Eastwood also fast tracked the growing up process. Kristine buried herself in paperwork, looked after the budget, the 10 employees, and things have never been the same since.

"It? a big responsibility, and I enjoy it," she smiles.

Kristine has turned out to be hands-on entrepreneur (she and Diether manage the place). She stays in the salon the whole day whenever she goes there twice a week.

Her previously rocky marriage to Diether has reached a comfortable plateau. The fights have fizzled out and the kinks in their union ironed out.

The couple are looking forward to working together again, this time for a new soap to be shot in Malaysia for a month. And, budget permitting, Kristine would like to have a white Christmas with Diether in London.

"My best friend stays there, and I haven? been there yet," she explains.

If the plans push through, will she and Diether have a baby "made in London?"

"First things first," replies Kristine. "We?e still saving for the future. I still have bills to pay. I won? be done paying in full the Loyola Grand Villas house I built for my family until some years from now."

She and Diether have yet to build their own lovenest (he has a house in Tomas Morato). But they do plan to get married, possibly next year. And she wants it to be a garden wedding.

Is a baby also part of the plan?

"It? expensive!" Kristine blurts out.

Besides, motherhood is an entirely new ball game whose rules Kristine may not yet be ready to play. In time, perhaps, when, as she says, the bills have been paid and things are in better order.

But when marriage is waiting in the wings, a baby will not be long in coming. Diether and Kristine may just end up getting the biggest (pleasant) surprise of their lives.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 16-11-2006 09:20 PM | Show all posts
-----INDIAGLITZ.COM-----

?nwar is a realistic film,? said Mahesh Bhatt

?t is wonderful to see such a realistic film based on the essential issues of today, done in an aesthetic manner and I wish the team of Anwar all the best,? said Mahesh Bhatt at the music launch of Manish Jha? ?nwar? yesterday in an event in Mumbai.

Present at the launch were Producer Rajesh Singh, Director Manish Jha, Javed Jaffrey, Soni Razdan and the cast and crew Manisha Koirala, Siddharth Koirala, Nauheed Cyrusi, Music Directors Mithoon and Pankaj Awasthi and lyricist Hassan Kamal.  Minister Rajendra Singh Rana, IT Minister (UP) inaugurated the audio and Mahesh Bhatt released the CD. All the guests had a really great time, and enjoyed the music.

The highlight of the launch was the sincere touch given to the musical theme by Nauheed Cyrusi and Siddharth Koirala, who appeared as their characters, with Nauheed in a Burkha and Siddharth dressed per his role in the film, and they sashayed around as the music started to flow in.

Anwar is about a young man Anwar, an artist, who leaves his home and everything he knows in order to escape a world he no longer recognizes. He finds himself trapped inside a temple and in the process exploited by people with vested interests. It marks the debut of Siddharth Koirala, and his first appearance with sister Manisha.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-11-2006 09:21 PM | Show all posts
-----indiaglitz-----

?anaras? for Indian Panorama at IFFI

Urmila Matondkar? ?anaras A Mystic Love Story? will be screened at Indian Panorama section of the forthcoming International Film Festival of India (IFFI) to be held this month in Goa.

Directed by Pankuj Parashar, the film is a love story and revolves around Benaras, the oldest living city and the spiritual capitol of the world. The film features Urmila Matondkar, Ashmit Patel, Naseeruddin Shah, Raj Babbar, Dimple Kapadia, Akash Khurana and others.

Other credits include music by Himesh Reshammiya, lyrics by Sameer, cinematography by Nirav Shah, art by Nitish Roy, story by L.C.Singh, screenplay by L.C.Singh and Javed Siddiqui, dialogue by Javed Siddiqui and choreography by Saroj Khan.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-11-2006 07:05 AM | Show all posts
-----bollywood premier-----

Producer Vashu Bhagnani has offered Ritesh Deshmukh Rs 1 crore

Producer Vashu Bhagnani has offered Ritesh Deshmukh 1 crore to act in the film. This is a straight jump up from 55lakh, which was his bracket earlier. His business manager Raaj Kumar Tiwari says, "Producers are definitely interested in signing Ritesh for a much higher price. But Ritesh wants to choose good scripts and directors and is still considering the offers."

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:07 AM | Show all posts
-----bollywood premier-----

Ravi Chopra wants to cast Amitabh Bachchan as Bhisma & Rani Mukherjee as Draupadi

Ravi Chopra has been toying with the idea of making 'Mahabharat' epic into a film. Now he is busy wrapping up the post-production work of 'Baabul'. The buzz is he wants to cast Amitabh Bachchan as Bhisma and Rani Mukherjee as Draupadi. He says, "I will not disclose my cast yet. It's too early to talk about that. A film demands more glamour and our budget is Rs 150 crore, for part one and two. We are going to get a special effects team from Hollywood and it will have an international look, so that we can market it abroad." This 6-hour marathon is expected to be the longest in the history of Bollywood. It will release in 2 parts - part I on one Friday and the part II on the following Friday.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:11 AM | Show all posts
-----DNA India-----

You can? skirt it, dargah tells Katrina

Shabana Ansari
Thursday, November 16, 2006  14:43 IST

The management of the shrine of Khwaja Moinudeen Chisti in Ajmer has served showcause notices to actors Katrina Kaif and Rishi Kapoor, director Vipul Shah and film agent Babubhai Ghosi for allegedly filming a scene on the dargah premises without written permission.

Kaif, who was wearing a knee-length skirt during the shooting of Namastey London last month, had irked some members of the management who thought the actor was dressed inappropriately. Agency reports say Nazim Abdul Aleem of the Dargah Committee has said the notices, asking Kaif and others to file replies within 15 days and publicly apologise, were served on November 11.

Shah said on Thursday that neither he nor the others had received any notice. He, however, added that they were willing to do ?nything to pacify the dargah management?. ?ur intention was not to hurt religious sentiments. Since we have unwittingly done that, we are ready to make amends,? he said. Shah, who has publicly apologised, said he would even delete the particular scene from his film. ? had informed the khadims (servers) of the dargah that Katrina is playing an NRI in search of her roots and would be wearing a skirt.?

While a few members of the Dargah Committee have criticised her entry into the shrine wearing a skirt, a few liberals feel the dargah never had a dress code and so there was no question of violation. ?omen are required to cover their head which the actor did. The row over her skirt is unjustified,? Sarwar Chishti, spokesperson, Khadim Association, Ajmer Dargah, had said earlier. Pune-based Islamic scholar Rasheed Talib said, ?here is no dress code for foreigners visiting the dargah, wearing skimpy clothes. I don? see why a popular actor, who is half British anyway, should be singled out.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:12 AM | Show all posts
-----santa banta-----

Karan Johar loves Munna Bhai
By Subhash K Jha

Karan Johar has discovered a new vocation for himself. The role of Bollywood ambassador suits him just fine.

Says Karan, "I've always said I'm a people's person. And to be able to talk about our cinema with audiences abroad is an experience I hold close to my heart."

Karan Kohar in New York, is ecstatic about the response he got while addressing business-management alumni at Wharton University.

"They were all clued into our cinema, and amazingly interactive. Most of their questions were about this year's two reformist films Rang De Basanti and Lage Raho Munnabhai. These two films have completely changed western perceptions of our cinema.

From being a song-and-dance oddity we're now looked at as purveyors of a cinema with serious stimulating ideas put together in a palatable style.

Earlier, in the 1950s we had the socially relevant cinema of Raj Kapoor and Guru Dutt like Awara, Sri 420 and Pyasa. But then the movement petered out. I believe Rang De Basanti and Lage Raho ? have revived the influence of reformist cinema not just in India but in the West. "

Karan sees Munnabhai as reviving interest in Gandhism in the Western world. "Mahatma Gandhi was always our father-figure. But somewhere his significance had been lost to the younger generation. While at Wharton I was amazed by the interest in Gandhian thought.I was repeatedly questioned on how much Raj Kumar Hirani's film reflected the wider social reality."

Karan was also asked about the urban Indian marriage as shown in his film Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehna. "They wanted to know how I could make the film that I did with stars with established images. I think it's simply amazing how much interest America has in our cinema."

Karan now goes straight from New York to Delhi to attend a media forum. He has also taken the time off to crystallize an idea for his next movie. "All I can say is, it will have a title beginning with 'K'. No matter how much things change for us in Indian cinema, some things remain the same."

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:14 AM | Show all posts
-----telegu portal-----

Bollywood : Abhishek flattered by gay icon title
Posted by admin on 2006/11/16 6:27:25  

Mumbai, Nov 16 (IANS) Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan, who has recently been voted Mumbai's gay icon, is discernibly embarrassed by this appellation but says that "any kind of recognition is a blessing".

"I don't know how to react to this. Any kind of recognition is a blessing. I don't believe in discriminating against any people. As long as any community loves me for doing what I do on screen, what more can I ask for?

"Of course, I'm flattered and I feel hugely complimented. It's not every day that one gets singled out by a very important and sensitive community. Of course I enjoy the thought of being a gay icon, though let me tell you I don't think I deserve it," Abhishek told IANS.

He also topped a list of 50 Sexiest Asian Men in a survey conducted by Eastern Eye, an Asian newspaper published in Britain, in September.

When told that he's been chosen because of his clean-cut family image, Abhishek said: "It's not as though I put on any image for effect. That's the way I am. Family is the most important thing in my life. I don't have to make an effort to be a family man. I've been brought up to believe in certain values."

First sexy, now gay icon?

"I don't take these appellations seriously. My main job is to be an actor. And all these wonderful appellations come from that job. If I wasn't an actor, I'd be neither considered sexy - whatever that means - nor a gay icon.

"I concentrate on my job as an actor. The rest I treat as bonuses given to me for doing my job seriously. My responsibility is towards my audience and entertaining them. 'Sexy' and 'gay icon' are terms of affection that are here today will be gone tomorrow. I value them as long as they're mine."

Abhishek is mature enough to see that conducting himself decorously is not a responsibility; it comes with the territory of being a Bachchan.

"And why just a Bachchan? Every actor must be conscious of his public image. I'm very particular about my behaviour, and would've been so even if I wasn't a Bachchan."

Do you like being called sexy? "I don't know what it means."

Maybe it means people want to have sex with him? Abhishek laughed in embarrassment: "I don't think so. I really don't know what being sexy is."

--By Subhash K. Jha

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:18 AM | Show all posts
-----indiafm-----

Brett Lee to sing with Asha Bhosle  
By IndiaFM News Bureau, November 16, 2006 - 03:01 IST

Australian bowling sensation is soon to become an Indian singing sensation. Confused? Aussie fast bowler Brett Lee will be soon heard singing in an album with none other than the versatile Asha Bhosle for her album which has music by Shamir Tandon.

Brett Lee who is a popular country rock singer in Australia is open to singing offers if they come from Bollywood. Earlier, it was reported that Brett Lee had refused to do a Bollywood movie with Amitabh Bachchan though the news is not a confirmed one.

Brett Lee sang the song with Asha Bhosle while he was in India during the recently concluded Champions Trophy. Well, if cricketers make good singers in Bollywood, is a question we will wait and watch?rr hear.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:22 AM | Show all posts
-----indiaenews-----

Death threats don't scare Mallika
Thursday, November 16, 2006

'Death threats do not scare me,' says oomph girl Mallika Sherawat after a Haryana youth was reported as saying that he had conspired to kill her because she brought a bad name to the Jat community.

Rajesh Dalal, wanted in several cases of kidnapping, robbery and attempt to murder, was arrested in Sangli, Maharashtra, a few ago and brought to New Delhi. He created a sensation when he told reporters at the Delhi Police headquarters that he wanted to kill Mallika because she had besmirched the image of Jats.

Mallika, who belongs to Rohtak district in Haryana, said in a statement posted on her website: 'Death threats do not scare me but I do want to make one thing clear that it is not my intention to upset or offend the sensitivity and sensibility of my people. I respect our culture and traditions.

'However, I do feel that women should be empowered and have the ability to stand on their own feet and earn a living and make their own career, which is what I am trying to do.' Her website is mallikasherawatwow.com

Police say Dalal's threat was just a gimmick to attract media attention and that the police had found nothing to substantiate his claim.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:28 AM | Show all posts
-----telegu portal-----

Bollywood : Prayers for Sanjay Dutt at Golden Temple
Posted by admin on 2006/11/16 12:48:23  

Amritsar, Nov 16 (IANS) Scores of people Thursday prayed at the Golden Temple here seeking blessings for Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, who awaits judicial verdict for his alleged role in the 1993 Mumbai serial bombings.

Led by Priya Dutt, Congress MP and sister of the actor, people from all faiths prayed for the star whose popularity has skyrocketed after the runaway success of his latest hit "Lage Raho Munnabhai".

Priya Dutt made an offering of degh, a vessel containing a sweet, at the sanctum sanctorum. The priest recited a special prayer for him. .

Both at the Golden Temple and later during the multi-religion prayer ceremony, a tearful Priya Dutt said she and her family were anxiously awaiting the verdict.

Sanjay Dutt has been charged with illegal possession of an assault rifle and could face up to five years in jail if pronounced guilty.

Dutt is one of the 24 accused awaiting the verdict.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-11-2006 07:30 AM | Show all posts
-----DNA India-----

Brazil to host an Indian film festival

After Hours Correspondent
Thursday, November 16, 2006  18:47 IST

Academia Internacional de Cinema (AIC) and Indian Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) in S? Paulo, Brazil is organising the Indian Film Festival in the country to promote tourism from India there. The festival will be held between March 6-11 (2007), corresponding with a major trade exposition.

It will showcase prominent Bollywood films including Yash Chopra? ?hoom 2? which was the first Indian film to be shot in Brazil (on the beaches of Rio de Janeiro). The other films to be screened at the festival include Aditya Chopra? ?ilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge?, Mani Ratnam? ? Peck on the Cheek?, Santosh Sivan? ?he Terrorist? and Rakesh Roshan? ?rrish?.

It may be recalled that Hrithik Roshan? debut film ?aho Naa Pyaar Hai? was shot in New Zealand. The film? super success made the country a major tourist attraction. The Brazilian trade hopes for the same after-effects.

Indian filmmaker and producer Ram Prasad Devineni (AIC) has launched a website called bollywoodbrazil.com to promote Brazil as a locale for Bollywood films.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:31 AM | Show all posts
-----DNA India-----

?op?lar no more

Divya Unny
Thursday, November 16, 2006  21:14 IST

With a host of solo pop artistes releasing their albums in the past few months, it seemed like an attempt was being made to divert our attention from hugely popular Sufi tunes and Paki numbers. The comebacks of artistes like Mehnaaz and Anaida and newer voices like that of Sona Mohapatra was somewhere re-opening avenues for the diluting genre of Indi-pop. But alas all the hope seems short-lived.

Sources from the music industry confirm that the demand for these albums remain stunted due lack of innovation and quality in the music. ?he era of solo pop albums in India ended when singers like Shaan and KK entered Bollywood,? says Narendra Kusnur, label manager, EMI Music.

While an album sold not less than seven to eight lakh total copies in the late ?90s, today the top solo album sells hardly 4000-5000 copies in six months. ?mong the latest solo releases, Mehnaaz is number nine and Sona number ten on our list of chartbusters. Their albums don? even manage to sell 40 copies per month,? confirms a sales executive from Rhythm House.

Among the top grossers even today are artistes like Kailash Kher and Pakistani band Jal. ?ailash Kher still sells around 3600 copies in six months as his music has created a niche. But artistes like Baba Sehgal and Altaf Raja don? exist  on the list,? he adds.

Music companies themselves seem skeptical to sign on newer solo artistes since it becomes extremely difficult to recover production and distribution costs. ? Solo artistes need to create something unconventional,? asserts Shivaji Gupta from Universal Music.

Some feel that the ban on videos with adult content  is also responsible. ?his ban has made a lot of difference because listeners do not get a gripping visual for the album. Also, with increasing piracy and internet downloads, very few people feel the need to shell out Rs150 and purchase a new album,? ends trade analyst Amod Mehra.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:34 AM | Show all posts
-----ApunKaChoice.Com-----

Madhuri Dixit getting in shape for her Bollywood comeback
16th Nov 2006  22.30 IST
By Nikhil Kumar  

Madhuri Dixit will begin shooting for her comeback film in January next year. Till then, she is working out to get back in shape.

Many fans await Madhuri? return to the silver screen. She has, at long last, given her nod to a Yash Raj banner film that will be directed by talented cinematographer Anil Mehta .

Madhuri, who has been keeping in touch with latest trends and fads in Bollywood, has begun working out in gym to lose the extra weight that was apparent during her stage performance at Filmfare awards early this year.

She has also been doing Yoga for at least half hour every day and she? keeping her diet in check.

Besides all this, she has been regular in dance practices during her private time. Dance, in Madhuri? opinion, is the best exercise for body.

Madhuri says she won? disappoint her fans in her comeback film.

The gorgeous actress turned down movie offers by many filmmakers (like Shaji Karun , Raj Kumar Santoshi and Rituparno Ghosh ) before she agreed to do the yet-untitled movie with Yash Raj Films. She believes she will be able to balance her personal life (which includes taking care of her two children) with her work commitment while working with the banner.

The movie? shooting will begin in January 2007.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 07:40 AM | Show all posts
-----bollyvista-----

Diana splits with boyfriend
By Vickey Lalwani ?2006 Bollyvista.com

Diana Hayden  

Ex-Miss World Diana Hayden and model-turned-actor Rajeev Singh are no longer a couple. The relationship lasted for nearly two years.

Currently, Rajeev (who made his Bollywood debut in Deepak Tijori's dud 'Khamosh') is brushing up on his acting skills at the New York Academy in Universal Studios, LA. He has almost completed his course. He will be returning to Mumbai in fifteen days.

Diana maintains that all love is not lost between them. "Rajeev and I are still good friends and I shall always wish him the best in life," she says.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Mari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
tariMari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
Views : 77935 Replies : 3235
Busana Konsert Lizah Di Temasek
KurexBusana Konsert Lizah Di Temasek
Views : 4487 Replies : 47
Hanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti V79
syitaeyqaHanis Haizi Misqueen, Babutam, Nwantiti
Views : 276915 Replies : 6865
Hi..Saya Minnie Mouse..
FARRAZOOLHi..Saya Minnie Mouse..
Views : 4664 Replies : 71
Nora Danish - Nedim Nazri Aziz Sah Bercerai | Lagi Update Berita - post #133
kakasotong2Nora Danish - Nedim Nazri Aziz Sah Berce
Views : 77520 Replies : 784
เว็บซื้อหวยออนไลน์ UFAG7 เปิดให้แทงวันนี้ ไม่มีเลขอั้น @G7WIN เลขเด็ด
karikuเว็บซื้อหวยออนไลน์ UFA
Views : 1717 Replies : 0
Konsert Qalam Noraniza Idris
Lulu_717Konsert Qalam Noraniza Idris
Views : 10717 Replies : 75
Aduhai 6 Jahanam?
piaoAduhai 6 Jahanam?
Views : 14615 Replies : 14
kenapa cik yam lintas jalan
ciskek.lelehkenapa cik yam lintas jalan
Views : 3110 Replies : 21
Memakan belanja RM4,888 seorang murid,sekolah dinasihatkan berpada-pada dengan rombongan sambil belajar ke China
YgBenarMemakan belanja RM4,888 seorang murid,se
Views : 24735 Replies : 25

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

30-6-2024 07:14 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.732453 second(s), 42 queries .