[Copy link]
Post time 7-7-2007 09:47 PM | Show all posts
yezza...its another Federer vs Nadal final :victory:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-7-2007 12:24 AM | Show all posts
]Venus Williams wins 4th Wimbledon title, defeating Bartoli in straight set
By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer   

July 7, 2007WIMBLEDON, England (AP) -- Venus Williams giggled as she clutched the championship trophy against her chest, threw back her head and whooped at thesky.Winning Wimbledon never gets old.Williams won tennis' most prestigious tournament for the fourth time Saturday, beating surprising finalist Marion Bartoli 6-4, 6-1.It was Williams' sixth Grand Slam title, and her first since winning Wimbledon in 2005. She was also the champion at the All England Club in 2000 and2001.

At No. 31, Williams became the lowest-ranked women's winner in Wimbledon history. Plagued in recent years by injuries that sent her ranking sliding, sherediscovered her championship form this week on the surface that always seems to inspire her best efforts."It has been a long road back," Williams said during the trophy ceremony."I brought it together here against some of the best players in the world,including Marion."She lost 22 games in her final four matches, beating 2004 Wimbledon championMaria Sharapova on Wednesday, 2004 U.S. Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova onThursday and French Open runner-up Ana Ivanovic on Friday."She loves the grass," said Williams' boyfriend, pro golfer Hank Kuehne."And she loves the environment here."Her father and coach, Richard, said that when his daughter was about 9, shedeclared she wanted to win Wimbledon more than anyone else."I think she can win three more," he said, "and I would be disappointed if she did not.

"Williams is the fourth woman in the Open era to win four or more Wimbledonsingles titles, joining Martina Navratilova (9), Steffi Graf (7) and Billie JeanKing (4). King also won Wimbledon singles titles in 1966-67, before the Open erabegan in 1968.On Sunday, Roger Federer will seek his fifth successive Wimbledon title against nemesis Rafael Nadal in a rematch of last year's final.Williams' resurgence was reminiscent of the run to this year's AustralianOpen title by her sister Serena, who entered that tournament ranked 81st. Venusexpressed gratitude to her sister -- among others -- during the trophy ceremony."Serena, she inspires me," Venus said. "The Australian Open champion -- Iwanted to be like her."Serena, eliminated by top-ranked Justine Henin in the Wimbledonquarterfinals, watched from the stands as Venus turned in a workmanlikeperformance punctuated by occasional brilliance. She chased down shots all overthe court, and her varied shotmaking ranged from delicate slices to a fearsomebackhand overhead slam.

While the tournament was plagued by rain for much of the past two weeks, thefinal took place right on schedule -- and in warm sunshine, the best weather ofthe fortnight.Williams served out the first game at love, then broke serve when Bartolidouble-faulted. They played 19 minutes before Bartoli won a game to make it 3-1,prompting cheers of encouragement from a Centre Court crowd eager for acompetitive match.And it was -- for a while. The Frenchwoman, playing in her first Grand Slamfinal, settled down to reach 3-all. But she double-faulted for the fourth timefor set point, and Williams converted by charging forward to put away a backhandvolley.She kept up the pressure to start the second set, winning the first threegames. Both players then requested medical timeouts -- Bartoli to have her leftfoot retaped, and Williams to have her upper left thigh taped.Following the 11-minute interruption, the 19th-ranked Bartoli held serve toclose to 3-1. She had rallied from a set down in her past three matches,including a shocking win Friday over Henin.But this time, there would be no comeback.Williams hit a backhand winner to break serve for 5-1, and closed out thevictory with a 124-mph service winner that handcuffed a weary Bartoli.

The crowd roared as Williams raised her arms, grinned and, after shakinghands with her opponent, let out with an exultant "Woooooo!" With Wimbledon paying equal prize money to men and women for the first timethis year, Williams won $1.407 million. Bartoli received $703,500. Williams hasbeen among the most vocal proponents of equal prize money, and she broached thesubject during the trophy ceremony, prompted a roar of delight from the crowd. "Thank you, All England Club -- we're playing under equal terms," she said.

good to see Venus back on form....tahun ni mcm 2005 je...Aussie - Serena, French-Justine, Wimby-Venus, Us- ???

[ Last edited by  payrol at 8-7-2007 12:25 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 01:10 AM | Show all posts

Reply #139 harisbee's post

wow hebatnya kau Harisbee.
kau penganalisa sukan mcm si Vijay kat sports world tu ke...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 01:12 AM | Show all posts

Reply #142 payrol's post

US 2005 si Kim Clijsters....Tak mustahil gak kan...sejarah mungkin berulang

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 01:19 AM | Show all posts

Reply #142 payrol's post

nampak sgt sport writer mat salleh ni tak suka williams. racist ke ha?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2007 03:50 AM | Show all posts
Venus muncul juara

WIMBLEDON

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-7-2007 08:43 AM | Show all posts

Reply #140 harisbee's post

mungkin keayuan terserlah di court aje..

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 08:56 AM | Show all posts
Borg returns to Wimbledon as Federer-Nadal final looms

WIMBLEDON, England

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-7-2007 09:01 AM | Show all posts

mmg dier Queen of wimbledon...

Marion Bartoli of France poses with the trophy after being defeated by Venus Williams of USA during the final of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in Wimbledon, in south London, 07 July 2007. Williams won 6-4, 6-1. AFP

LONDON - JULY 07: Venus Williams of USA jokes with Marion Bartoli of France following the Women's Singles final match during day twelve of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 7, 2007 in London, England. Williams won 6-4, 6-1

Richard Gasquet of France is treated by a trainer as he plays Roger Federer of Switzerland during the semi finals of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in Wimbledon, in south London, 07 July

LONDON - JULY 07: Novak Djokovic of Serbia (L) embraces Rafael Nadal of Spain as he retires from the match due to injury during the Men's Singles semi-final match against during day twelve of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 7, 2007 in London, England.

Defending champion Roger Federer, seen here, has reached the Wimbledon final with a 7-5, 6-3, 6-4 win over French 12th seed Richard Gasquet.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 07:07 PM | Show all posts
rafa vs fed
bangga rafa masuk final
who says the man is not good in grass?

walaupun naz rasa federer akan sapu malam ni i still have high hope on rafa

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 07:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by payrol at 8-7-2007 09:01 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/03/fullj.getty-tennis-wimbledon-williams_1_16_02_pm.jpg

mmg dier Queen of wimbledon...

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8f/fullj.get ...

i like this photo good sportsmanship baguslahh derang ni.....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 08:10 PM | Show all posts
meletop nadal....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2007 09:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by naz_bella at 8-7-2007 07:09 PM

i like this photo good sportsmanship baguslahh derang ni.....
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e2/fullj.getty-74808462mt076_the_champions_9_23_37_am.jpg

nadal ni seksi tol..

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 12:58 AM | Show all posts
aargh...nadal tak convert 4 break points kt final set ni...

bravo nadal..ko berjaya buat federer cuak giler2...federer siap tunjuk dier nyer dark side today..very unprofessional of federer..ade ke patut dier suruh hawkeye system tuh off....ape barang...

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 01:13 AM | Show all posts
yupp... rugi nadal tak convert break point yg dia dpt masa final set
2 kali dapat 15-40

nadal lose...
but a close battle.... and a good improvement

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 01:17 AM | Show all posts

Reply #155 epuel_slay's post

yes...one day im very sure Nadal will get his hands on that Wimbledon trophy..todays match was very2 close...Nadal..u make me proud...cewah...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-7-2007 01:31 AM | Show all posts
federer menang

tak salah ler my prediction for man's category

tapi yg woman's...out terus sangkaan ku ittew

yeayyyyyyyyy

dex nak kenduri bubur tacang

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 08:46 AM | Show all posts
yes federer menang......yes yes yes

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 08:48 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by payrol at 9-7-2007 01:17 AM
yes...one day im very sure Nadal will get his hands on that Wimbledon trophy..todays match was very2 close...Nadal..u make me proud...cewah...

ye laa.... aku rasa federer kali ni more towards luck dari performance... nadal just little unlucky... tak dapat bayang kalu nadal menang... hehehehe

tapi aku tak setuju lah prize money tu equal for man and women... not fair that men have to play 5 set to get 700k while women need to play only 3 to get the same prize money... dah lah tu.. womens final match tu dia kurang fight skit...

Use magic Report

Post time 9-7-2007 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Federer menang(full stop)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

26-6-2024 07:53 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072943 second(s), 43 queries .