Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: mystica

[ENGLISH SERIES] THE CROWN (2016)

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 22-11-2016 11:03 PM | Show all posts
silver_acid replied at 22-11-2016 11:29 AM
Memang best. Made me read on Princess Margaret's love story. The real Captain Townsend so handsome.  ...

samalah. i tak penah tahu pasal princess margaret. margaret pun lawa kan? kesian dia.. patut bagi jer kawin. dulu tak minat queen elizabeth 2.. lps tgk drama ni mcm respect pula kat dia.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-11-2016 12:15 PM | Show all posts
mystica replied at 22-11-2016 11:03 PM
samalah. i tak penah tahu pasal princess margaret. margaret pun lawa kan? kesian dia.. patut bagi  ...

i kesian kat Margaret ngan Peter Townsend tuh.
setelah pelbagai halangan tapi takdapat bersama jugak akhirnya.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2017 07:25 PM | Show all posts
Woah, The Crown menang 2 award kat Golden Globes.

Best Drama, Best Actress

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2017 11:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Belum tgk lagi. Baruhabis tgk victoria je

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2017 10:52 PM | Show all posts
dah tengok  cerita ni hari tu, tp ada scene yg cam tak betul, time king george mangkat tu, lilibet berada di istana, kemudian, nenek dia, mary of teck pakai veil kaler hitam, buat curtsy/sembah hormat pada lilibet, ikutkan kronologi sebenar, time ayah lilibet mangkat di sandrigham house, dia dengan adik dia margaret ada di kenya utk transit ke australia untuk tour diorg....

ikutkan sejarah, nenek lilibet (mary of teck) jenis tegas, dan mary of teck ni ada sorg anak yg 'disorok' dari pengetahuan org luar, prince john, yg ada sakit sawan......., last2 meninggal pasal kesan sawan dia....

penuh warna warni sebenarnya kerabat british ni....

Use magic Report

Post time 25-2-2017 07:40 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I pun baru habis tengok the crown.
Pada i lebih best victoria. Elizabeth mcm seorg yg boring n xada character sgt

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-8-2019 07:28 PM | Show all posts
Edited by LinguaFranca at 20-9-2019 10:18 PM

Yay! Netflix has just unveiled the release date of The Crown season three. The big day? Sunday 17th November 2019.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2019-08-22/the-crown-season-3-netflix-release-date-cast-characters-plot-news-trailer-olivia-colman/

When is The Crown season 3 on Netflix? Who is in the cast, and what is going to happen?
[size=1.125]Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies will take over as the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh when the drama returns to Netflix – but who else is joining them in the epic drama?

Olivia Colman succeeds Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II in season three of Netflix’sroyal biopic The Crown. After much speculation, it was announced back in October that The Favourite and Broadchurch star Colman would be taking on the role of the Queen.

Following Foy’s Emmy best actress win for her role in the Netflix drama, expectation is high for Oscar winner Colman’s performance.
After a prolonged search, Tobias Menzies joined the ranks in March 2018 as Prince Philip. With Claire Foy and Matt Smith now gone, the drama is about to move into a new era both with a rebooted cast and with time moving forward in this epic story of the most famous family on the planet…
When is The Crown season three released on Netflix?
It’s official: Colman will take her bow as the new Queen on Sunday 17th November 2019.
While season one was released in November 2016 and season two in December 2017 – just in time for Christmas – Netflix was always anticipating a longer break in between series two and three due to the introduction of the brand new cast.
Netflix release dates 2019: all the major upcoming TV shows revealed
Filming began in July 2018, and Olivia Colman confirmed at the Oscars that principal filming had finished in February 2019 – although she was still working on reshoots.
“We’ve just finished season three a week ago, and when I go back I’ve got to do some reshoots” she said in a interview following her Oscar win on 24th February 2019. “We start again with season four in August.”
That’s good news for the future of the series, as it suggests we won’t have to wait as long for season four to be released. After that however, the cast is set to change again. It is a mystery who will take on the main roles of The Queen and Prince Philip as the epic series enters much more modern history.

What is going to happen?
The third and fourth series will span the years 1964-76, with series one and two having covered the early years of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign, from 1947-63.
Show-runner Peter Morgan confirmed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that the new season will focus less upon Prince Phillip and QEII’s relationship – which he suggests became settled after the years of turmoil depicted in season 2 – and more on the breakdown of the marriage of Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon.
He added that Charles and Camilla will be a central focus of the season, too.
“People always assume Charles cheated on Diana with Camilla,” he says. “It’s absolutely the wrong way round. He was deeply in love with Camilla and forced to marry Diana.”
On top of this, the series will see the monarch cultivating her steadiest relationship with a Prime Minister yet in Harold Wilson, who served as head of the British government during this period.
New star Tobias Menzies revealed to RadioTimes.com that the series will include an episode on the Apollo 11 moon landing, and how Prince Philip reacted to the momentous event in history.
“We’ve just been shooting a really interesting episode which was all tied into the moon landings in ’69,” he revealed.
“[Showrunner] Peter [Morgan] has taken this angle that Philip gets very absorbed by the heroism of these men compared to what maybe he hasn’t done with his own life.”
Series three should also cover the decolonisation of Africa and the Caribbean, the birth of Prince Edward (March 1964), and Prince Charles’ movement into the public eye following his coronation as the Prince of Wales in 1969.
Josh O’Connor, who plays the young prince, says the new series introduces Charles while he is still a student.
“We start off with Charles at Cambridge University, that’s where we bring him into the series,” he told RadioTimes.com. “This is where we scale a significant part of his life which I feel so honoured and excited to tell the story. And tell a very different side of the story that we may not have seen or have known about.”

Is there a trailer?

Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth II in The Crown series 3 (Netflix)

First look at Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret in The Crown season three (Netflix)

A first look at Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip was released on 28th August.

Tobias Menzies in The Crown season 3 Netflix, Sophie Mutevelian

Olivia Colman in Netflix’s The Crown

Who is in the cast?
The Queen Olivia Colman was the first new cast member announced – she will replace Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II.
Netflix has seemingly struck gold with the casting, especially after Colman won the Oscar for playing a different queen in 2018 film The Favourite.
She told RadioTimes.com about the moment when she knew she was in the running for the role.
“I got a phone call from my agent when I was in a car [telling her that she had been asked to meet with director Peter Morgan],” she said. “I think I had fairly recently finished watching the first series, which I think I had done in about three nights – and so I was very excited. My agent was trying to be subtle, not knowing who was in the car with me and she went, ‘It’s something about a tiara’, and I went, ‘Oh, it’s The Crown!'”
Check out the full interview below.

She has also warned people however that her role as Queen Elizabeth will be very different compared to her Oscar-winning performance as Queen Anne in The Favourite.
“You can’t compare the two. They both have the word ‘queen’ in the title but that’s it, that’s where it ends,” she said in a post-Oscars interview with ABC.
“Queen Elizabeth’s much harder to play. There are sort of no rules for Queen Anne: no one can say, ‘She doesn’t sound like that.’”
Prince Philip In late March 2018, it was announced that Outlander star Tobias Menzies would be filling the role of Prince Philip, after much speculation (it was initially rumoured that Paul Bettany was in line to replace Matt Smith).
Explaining how he prepared to play the Duke of Edinburgh, Menzies told RadioTimes.com, “I just listened to him loads. It’s partly a technical thing: you want to sound and look like him, but move like him too. I’ve gone slightly crazy just listening to him and listening to him.”

Princess Margaret Veteran actress Helena Bonham Carter will take on the role of Princess Margaret in series three, after Netflix confirmed the long-rumoured casting.
In January 2018, Vanessa Kirby, the actress who played Margaret in the first two series, shared an Instagram picture with Bonham Carter along with the caption “honoured”. She tagged The Crown’s official Instagram account, too.

Line of Duty star Jason Watkins meanwhile will play Prime Minister Harold Wilson.
Call the Midwife actor Erin Doherty has taken the role of Princess Anne.
Prince Charles The Durrells star Josh O’Connor has been confirmed as the actor to play Prince Charles in what is set to be a key period in the Prince of Wales’s history. O’Connor joked he had “the ears for the part”.

But appearances aside, O’Connor has stated that he’s not looking to entirely mimic Prince Charles, stating his role in The Crown is distinct from the real-life heir to the throne.
“What [writer] Peter Morgan does is that he doesn’t just present us with what we can see on YouTube. He goes behind the closed doors,” he said at the BFI and Radio Times Television Festival.
“It’s ticking little things people can register and identify as Prince Charles but going beyond that and creating a full character that isn’t just Prince Charles, and is something else.”
The Queen Mother meanwhile will be played by Marion Bailey.
In October 2018, Netflix confirmed that Call the Midwife star Emerald Fennellwould play the key role of Camilla Shand (now known as Camilla Parker-Bowles, or the Duchess of Cornwall) – Prince Charles’ future wife.
“I’m absolutely over the moon and completely terrified to be joining so many hugely talented people on The Crown,” Fennell said, adding cheekily, “I absolutely love Camilla, and am very grateful that my teenage years have well prepared me for playing a chain-smoking serial snogger with a pudding bowl hair cut.”
Emma Corrinwill play Lady Diana Spencer (the future Princess of Wales) in The Crown.
“I have been glued to the show and to think I’m now joining this incredibly talented acting family is surreal,” Corrin said.
“Princess Diana was an icon and her effect on the world remains profound and inspiring. To explore her through Peter Morgan’s writing is the most exceptional opportunity and I will strive to do her justice!” she added.
Her new co-star O’Connor later praised the casting, telling RadioTimes.com, “I’ve met her and I think she is young but she’s totally on point. She’s an incredible talent.”
Game of Thrones star Charles Dance will be appearing in The Crown too, although his role is as-yet unconfirmed. Rumour has it however that he will play Prince Charles’ favourite great-uncle Lord Louis Mountbatten…
Of course, that still leaves plenty of other empty roles: we’ll be keeping this page updated with the announcements as they come in.
Actor Alex Jennings, who played the Duke of Windsor in series one and two, has already admitted that he will find it difficult to watch his successor in the role.
“I would love to have been involved in my story in The Crown, to have done the whole arc up until the Duke of Windsor’s end,” he told RadioTimes.com.

Will Princess Diana feature in The Crown season three?
While Emma Corrin has been cast in the Netflix series, she won’t make her first on-screen appearance until season four. However, with filming beginning on the fourth season, her casting was confirmed in April 2019.

How similar do the new cast of The Crown look to the actual royals?
While Colman will be familiar to British drama fans, it’s striking just how similar she appears to Queen Elizabeth II in her first official photo in costume.

And she’s not the only one: looking back at photos from the time, we can see that the new cast could well be very suited to their roles. Check out the comparisons here.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2019 07:31 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-9-2019 11:00 AM | Show all posts
yesssss tazzabar nak tunggu season 3 nov nih

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2019 12:47 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
mmg best, cuma ending dia gitu je... but its very inspiring

Use magic Report

Post time 9-9-2019 04:46 PM | Show all posts
https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/the-crown-season-3-olivia-colman-eyes-continuity-error.html
The Crown’s Biggest Diva Was Olivia Colman’s Eyes

Fun fact: Queen Elizabeth has blue eyes. Second fun fact: Claire Foy, who played Queen Elizabeth for two seasons on The Crown, also has that same shade of sky. Last fun fact: Olivia Colman, who’s nowplaying Queen Elizabeth on the show, is not a member of the Blue Eyes Club,in favor of having a deep-brown hue all over her irises. Such a small detail, while perhaps unnoticeable to an average viewer when the third season premieres in November, provided a major headache for the show’s creative team when Colman began filming a year ago — and according to a new profile in The Guardian, the drastic measures taken to turn her eyes blue were met with astounding failures.
First, Colman was fitted with blue contact lenses for the first four episodes, but it made her seem like “she was acting behind a mask,” director Ben Caron explained. “It was as if we had taken all of her acting ability,” he added, “and put it in a safe and locked it away.” Next, they tested turning her eyes blue in post-production with the help of visual effects. “But it didn’t feel like her,” Caron said. “CGI-ing her eyes seemed to diminish what she was doing.” With all feasible options exercised, the creative team realized they would be able to accept a small continuity error to accompany Colman’s exemplary performance. “We always thought it should be Olivia, right from the beginning,” the show’s casting director, Nina Gold, admitted. Well, she is British royalty, even if we’re only talking about her acting work.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-9-2019 04:53 PM | Show all posts
Edited by LinguaFranca at 20-9-2019 10:13 PM

http://collider.com/the-crown-season-4-netflix-gillian-anderson-margaret-thatcher/#the-crown-season-3-photos
‘The Crown’ Season 4 Adds Gillian Anderson as a Key Historical Figure

Season 3 has yet to premiere and already Netflix has added Gillian Anderson to The Crown‘s season 4 cast. The upcoming third season will feature an all-new cast as the fictional Queen Elizabeth II and her family grows older and years go by. As such, Oscar-winner Olivia Colman will take over for Claire Foy as Elizabeth; Tobias Menzies will play Prince Philip, a role originated by Matt Smith; Helena Bonham Carter steps in for Vanessa Kirby as Princess Margaret; finally, Ben Daniels will play Margaret’s husband, Antony Armstrong-Jones, first played by Matthew Goode.

According to Deadline, Anderson will play former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Anderson’s casting gives us a good hint as the time period for season 4 as her time in office ran from 1979 to 1990, making her not just the first female Prime Minister but also the longest-serving PM in the 20th century. Anderson’s attachment to The Crown season 4 has been rumored for some time but was made official via the series’ Twitter account on Saturday.

Included in that official Twitter announcement was a statement from Anderson about her casting as Thatcher.

“I am so excited to be joining the cast and crew of The Crown and to have the opportunity to portray such a complicated and controversial woman. Thatcher was undoubtedly formidable but I am relishing exploring beneath the surface and, dare I say, falling in love with the icon who, whether loved or despised, defined an era.”

Thatcher was the leader of the Conservative Party in the UK from 1975 to 1990. Her policies and role in the course of the nation she oversaw in the 20th century make her one of the most recognizable PMs next to Winston Churchill. Anderson is one of many actors who have portrayed Thatcher in film and TV, with memorable performances including Meryl Streep‘s in 2011’s The Iron Lady and Andrea Riseborough‘s in the 2008 UK TV movie Margaret Thatcher: The Long Walk to Finchley.

The Crown season 3 will begin in 1964 and end in 1977, covering The Beatles and their rapid rise to stardom as well as England’s win at the 1966 World Cup. Additionally, Emerald Fennell (Killing Eve) will be introduced this season as the fictional Camilla Parker-Bowles (née Shand) and the adult Prince Charles will be portrayed by Josh O’Connor (Florence Foster Jenkins). The Crown season 3 arrives on Netflix on Sunday, November 17.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2019 09:15 PM | Show all posts
best eh the crown ni..nanti nk try la layan...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2019 10:08 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2019 10:11 PM | Show all posts
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-netflix-britain/netflix-chief-says-the-crown-will-look-a-bargain-after-streaming-explosion-idUSKBN1W50ZQ
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
SEPTEMBER 20, 2019 / 5:51 PM / UPDATED AN HOUR AGO
Netflix chief says 'The Crown' will look a bargain after streaming explosion
CAMBRIDGE, England (Reuters) - The boss of Netflix says the looming arrival of Apple, Disney and NBC to the global streaming market will push content costs to levels that make its epic drama about the British Royal family “look like a bargain”.
Costing a reported 100 million pounds ($125 million) to make, “The Crown” won critical acclaim and has helped Netflix to build its subscriber base, which has risen to 152 million and given it a headstart over rival pay-TV and technology groups.
“It’s a whole new world starting in November,” the U.S. streaming giant’s CEO Reed Hastings said at the RTS television industry conference in Britain.
Hastings cited the planned launch of services by Apple and Disney, as well as a ramping up of Amazon’s offering and the forthcoming Peacock platform from NBCUniversal.
The new video-on-demand (SVOD) subscription services are good news for producers, with rival platforms competing to poach the best content and talent, Hastings said.
“Someday ‘The Crown’ will look like a bargain,” he said.
The show is intended to span 60 episodes over six seasons.
Claire Foy starred in the first two seasons, which traced the life of Queen Elizabeth from her coronation at the age of 25 to the birth of her first children and the love affairs of her sister, all while taking in the political dramas of the day.
Oscar winner Olivia Colman will star in the role when the third series launches in November.
Following on the success of “The Crown”, Hastings said Netflix would make a “big increase” in its investment in British television production next year, taking advantage of the country’s strong storytelling expertise.
“The possibilities the internet brings for growing entertainment is phenomenal, and over the next several years, with all of the expansion, I think we are going to see a very large increase in how much content is produced here in the UK,” he said at the conference in Cambridge, England.
“This year we spent a little over 400 million pounds in the UK and that’s continuing to grow, following our subscriber base.”
Asked if Netflix would spend twice as much next year, he said: “Probably not double, but a big increase.”

Reporting by Paul Sandle; Editing by Kate Holton and David Goodman

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2019 07:51 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-11-2020 04:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Setiap season best tapi season 4 paling emotional roller coster. Tambah tambah part queen bercakap dengan orang yang masuk istana tu and org tu cakap i dont have mental illness im just poor, terasa kat hati

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2020 07:46 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dalam the crown ni iols lagi kesian dgn margaret adik queen dari yg diana. hidup dia berubah jadi worst sampai mati sejak kematian the king dgn x dpt kawen her true love peter.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2020 10:39 PM | Show all posts
yg scene queen n prince philip lekeh2 boring royal couple from malaya tu. dlm realitinya betul ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-12-2020 12:30 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
haifawehbe replied at 10-12-2020 07:46 PM
Dalam the crown ni iols lagi kesian dgn margaret adik queen dari yg diana. hidup dia berubah jadi wo ...

Actually Margaret boleh je kawen ngan Peter dengan syarat dia lepaskan title princess Dan keluar Dari list of heir, termasukla elaun diraja yg dia dapat..Kira hidup mcm orang biasa..tapi dia yg tak nak. Dia sendiri buat announcement yg dia and Peter tak jadi kahwin. So bukan cinta mati pun ngan mat Duda Tu. I byk baca article pasal dia ni..rmaai orang cakap dia ni very rude sebenarnya..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 12:06 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.144196 second(s), 41 queries .