CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 21-12-2017 10:43 PM | Show all posts
“There is no formula to relationships. They have to be negotiated in loving ways, with room for both parties, what they want and what they need, what they can do and what their life is like.”

― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-12-2017 10:44 PM | Show all posts
“Trust is not a gasoline-soaked blanket that succumbs to the matches of betrayal, never able to be used for its warmth again; it’s a tapestry that wears thin in places, but can be patched over if you have the right materials, circumstances, and patience to repair it. If you don’t, you’re always the one who feels the coldest when winter comes.”

― A.J. Darkholme, Rise of the Morningstar

Use magic Report

Post time 21-12-2017 10:45 PM | Show all posts
“I always watch you. You consume my every thought.”

― M.A. Stacie, Unwritten Rules

Use magic Report

Post time 21-12-2017 10:46 PM | Show all posts
“You wouldn't believe that so much could change just because a relationship ended.”

― Nick Hornby, About a Boy

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-12-2017 04:35 PM | Show all posts
"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't who don't believe in magic will never find it."

—The Minpins by Roald Dahl

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:42 PM | Show all posts
“One thing I've learned is it's better to be addicted to things than people. You get hooked on a thing and if someone takes it from you, you can find another source. Only people can really hurt you. Only people can push you out into the cold permanently.”

― A.M. Riley, Immortality is the Suck

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-12-2017 11:43 PM | Show all posts
“The heart is like a woman, and the head is like a man, and although man is the head of woman, woman is the heart of man, and she turns man's head because she turns his heart.”

― Peter Kreeft, Jesus-Shock

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:44 PM | Show all posts
“When you can’t reach the standards of another’s heart you must ask yourself,
"What value do I put on my soul that I would subject myself to such rejection?”

― Shannon L. Alder, 300 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-12-2017 11:44 PM | Show all posts
“Faith doesn't get you around problems in life and relationships, it gets you through it.”

― Jonathan Anthony Burkett, Friends 2 Lovers: The Unthinkable

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:46 PM | Show all posts
“There are so many movies like this, where you thought you were smarter than the screen but the director was smarter than you, of course he's the one, of course it was a dream, of course she's dead, of course, it's hidden right there, of course it's the truth and you in your seat have failed to notice in the dark.”

― Daniel Handler, Why We Broke Up

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:49 PM | Show all posts
“It seemed that everyone else could mate, could fit their parts together in pleasant and productive ways, but that some almost indistinguishable difference in my anatomy and psyche set me slightly, yet irrevocably, apart.”

― Peter Cameron, Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:50 PM | Show all posts
“We can help pave the roads of those around us, but we can't choose their direction.”

― Michelle Moran, Rebel Queen

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:51 PM | Show all posts
“The toxic behaviors were there before you decided to enter into relationships with them. The signs were there. You may have chosen to look the other way, but the signs were there.—Psychotherapist from Type 1 Sociopath”

― P.A. Speers, Type 1 Sociopath - When Difficult People Are More Than Just Difficult People

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:51 PM | Show all posts
“Because that's what unfaithfulness is, isn't it? A cancer that's always there in the back of your mind, eating away at the foundations of the relationship.”

― Matt Dunn, The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:52 PM | Show all posts
“It’s funny how many ways there are to hurt people. As many ways to hurt as there are species of flower. Whole bouquets of hurt.”

― Joshua Gaylord, When We Were Animals

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2017 11:54 PM | Show all posts
"How logical, then, that we should as adults find ourselves rejecting certain candidates not because they are wrong but because they are a little too right—in the sense of seeming somehow excessively balanced, mature, understanding, and reliable—given that, in our hearts, such rightness feels foreign and unearnt. We chase after more exciting others, not in the belief that life with them will be more harmonious, but out of an unconscious sense that it will be reassuringly familiar in its patterns of frustration.”

― Alain de Botton, The Course of Love

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-12-2017 11:54 PM | Show all posts
“A balanced inner calmness radiates from a peaceful centre. It neither craves others' approval nor rejects others' presence. It neither pulls towards nor pushes away. It has a reverent attitude towards life and all its inhabitants.”

― Donna Goddard, The Love of Devotion

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-12-2017 08:47 AM | Show all posts
"When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears, it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them."

—A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicke

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2017 06:37 PM | Show all posts
Favorite quote: "There is no greater threat to the critics and cynics and fearmongers than those of us who are willing to fall because we have learned how to rise."
'Rising Strong' by Brené Brown

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2017 06:39 PM | Show all posts
Favorite quote: "People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life."
'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

13-5-2024 07:32 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.163045 second(s), 44 queries .