CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 25-12-2017 01:05 AM | Show all posts
“The trouble with you is that the only way you can communicate is through art. You’ve never learned to communicate your feelings to a man. You don’t even want to communicate in a relationship. You think that if you open up to love, you’ll lose your independence or your self-expression or creativity or whatever you call all that passionate, wonderful stuff that makes you feel alive inside.”

― Tom Robbins, Skinny Legs and All

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-12-2017 01:06 AM | Show all posts
“Just friends, just friends. Standing there in the bookstore, watching Seth walk away, I half wondered how anyone could still use that line. But I knew why, of course. It was used because people still believed it. Or at least they wanted to.”

― Richelle Mead, Succubus Blues

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2017 01:07 AM | Show all posts
“Marriage," she said quietly, "is the most expensive ticket to nowhere”

― Aryn Kyle, The God of Animals

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2017 01:08 AM | Show all posts
“I am unlovable...I have tried to involve myself in other people, in relationships, and even - in my sillier moments - in love. But it doesn't work. Something in me is broken or missing and sooner or later the other person catches me Acting or one of Those Nights comes along.”

― Jeff Lindsay, Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2017 01:09 AM | Show all posts
“Honey, nobody ever knows someone completely. You have to just enjoy what you do know and have faith in the rest.”

― Erin McCarthy, Hard and Fast

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2017 01:09 AM | Show all posts
“Our actions are guaranteed to affect others. Because we are not alone in this world, much of our learning about ourselves comes from our interaction with others. Our relationships are our teachers. We learn from each other.”

― Tae Yun Kim, Seven Steps to Inner Power

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 25-12-2017 01:11 AM | Show all posts
“If someone tries to use you as a tool, you shouldn't mind it, because it is their choice and folly, not yours.”

― Jude Morgan, Indiscretion

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2017 01:13 AM | Show all posts
“Love is fickle and fleeting," Tsukiko continues. "It is rarely a solid foundation for decisions to be made upon, in any game.”

― Erin Morgenstern, The Night Circus

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-12-2017 01:13 AM | Show all posts
“You had to live in your own bubble. You couldn't force your way into someone else's, because then it wouldn't be a bubble any more.”

― Nick Hornby, About a Boy

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2017 01:15 AM | Show all posts
“This is the whole stupid thing about all these unblood relationships. They depend on people staying the same, standing in the same spot they were in over a decade ago, when they first met. Surely the reality is that connections between people aren't permanent, but fleeting and random, like a solar eclipse or clouds meeting in the sky. They exist in a constantly moving universe full of constantly moving objects.”

― Matt Haig, The Radleys

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-12-2017 08:48 AM | Show all posts
Favorite quote: "Beautiful means ‘full of beauty.’ Beautiful is not about how you look on the outside, beautiful is about what you’re made of. Beautiful people spend time discovering what their idea of beauty on this earth is. They know themselves well enough to know what they love, and they love themselves enough to fill up with a little of their particular kind of beauty each day."

Love Warrior' by Glennon Doyle Melton

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:18 AM | Show all posts
“It is a matter of perspective, the difference between opponent and partner," Tsukiko says. "You step to the side and the same person can be either or both or something else entirely. It is difficult to know which face is true.”

― Erin Morgenstern, The Night Circus

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:20 AM | Show all posts
“We're broken in complementary ways, thus rendering our damage comprehensible to each other.”

― Ann Aguirre, Killbox

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:21 AM | Show all posts
“That's the problem with relationships," George was saying. "It's a contract. You agree to be some unchanging caricature of yourself. To act the same way all the time. Never to change. It's counter-evolutionary. How can anything new and good come into your life, if you're holding on to something that doesn't exist anymore?”

― Alex Shakar, Luminarium

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:23 AM | Show all posts
“You know it’s a bad sign when the theme song from Titanic describes your relationship.”

― Julia Spencer-Fleming, All Mortal Flesh

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:24 AM | Show all posts
“If you expect honesty, be honest. If you expect forgiveness, forgive. If you expect a whole person, you have to be a whole person.”

― Kristen Crockett, The Gift of Past Relationships

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-12-2017 01:25 AM | Show all posts
“Love is more about being the right person than finding the right person.”

― Barbara Bartlein, Why Did I Marry You Anyway?: Overcoming the Myths That Hinder a Happy Marriage

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:25 AM | Show all posts
“You can never recover from losing a person you love, but you can find a way to let it be part of your life rather than letting it take over every part of you”

― Darien Gee, Friendship Bread

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:26 AM | Show all posts
“I help others because I can, not because I expect something in return.”

― Amy Manemann, Deadly Reunion

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2017 01:27 AM | Show all posts
“The thing that binds us together is that we have both lowered our expectations of life”

― Orhan Pamuk, Snow

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

13-5-2024 06:51 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.224190 second(s), 44 queries .