CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotes on Reading, Writing @ Literature...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 17-5-2017 02:17 PM | Show all posts
"Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy."
-Jalaluddin Rumi

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-5-2017 03:10 PM | Show all posts
“Buku sebagai hadiah, tidak pernah gagal membahagiakan orang lain”  
  ―    Diadjeng Laraswati H

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2017 03:45 PM | Show all posts
"Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
-alifeinfivewords.tumblr.com

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2017 02:02 PM | Show all posts
"I'm always amazed at friends who say they try to read at night in bed but always end up falling asleep. I have the opposite problem. If a book is good I can't go to sleep, and stay up way past my bedtime, hooked on the writing. Is anything better than waking up after a late-night read and diving right back into the plot before you even get out of bed to brush your teeth?"

- John Waters (Role Models) -

Use magic Report

"People don't read any more. It's a sad state of affairs. Reading's the only thing that allows you to use your imagination. When you watch films it's someone else's vision, isn't it?"

[Interview in The Independent, 15 October 2005]"
- Lemmy Kilmister -

Use magic Report

"I have advice for people who want to write. I don't care whether they're 5 or 500. There are three things that are important: First, if you want to write, you need to keep an honest, unpublishable journal that nobody reads, nobody but you. Where you just put down what you think about life, what you think about things, what you think is fair and what you think is unfair. And second, you need to read. You can't be a writer if you're not a reader. It's the great writers who teach us how to write. The third thing is to write. Just write a little bit every day. Even if it's for only half an hour — write, write, write."

- Madeleine L'Engle -

Use magic Report

Follow Us

"I love you now as I write this, and I love you now as you read this"

- Nicholas Sparks  -

Use magic Report

"When I was five I learned to read. Books were a miracle to me - white pages, black ink, and new worlds and different friends in each one. To this day, I relish the feeling of cracking a binding for the first time, the anticipation of where I'll go and whom I'll meet inside."

- Jennifer Weine -

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-5-2017 02:03 PM | Show all posts
"I read because one life isn't enough, and in the page of a book I can be anybody;
I read because the words that build the story become mine, to build my life;
I read not for happy endings but for new beginnings; I'm just beginning myself, and I wouldn't mind a map;
I read because I have friends who don't, and young though they are, they're beginning to run out of material;
I read because every journey begins at the library, and it's time for me to start packing;
I read because one of these days I'm going to get out of this town, and I'm going to go everywhere and meet everybody, and I want to be ready."

- Richard Peck -

Use magic Report

"How did I learn to write? From listening to music. And what's the most important thing in writing? It's rhytm."

- Absolutely on Music : Haruki Murakami -

Use magic Report

“Time passes slowly. Nobody says a word, everyone lost in quiet reading. One person sits at a desk jotting down notes, but the rest are sitting there silently, not moving, totally absorbed. Just like me.”

- Kafka On The Shore ; Haruki Murakami -

Use magic Report

"Writing is like getting married. One should never commit oneself until one is amazed at one's luck."

- Iris Murdoch -

Use magic Report

"You don't start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and thinking it's good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it.

That's why I say one of the most valuable traits is persistence."

- Octavia E. Butle -

Use magic Report

"When you write a book, you spend day after day scanning and identifying the trees. When you’re done, you have to step back and look at the forest."

- Stephen King (On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft) -

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2017 02:04 PM | Show all posts
"Writers are really people who write books not because they are poor, but because they are dissatisfied with the books which they could buy but do not like."

- Walter Benjamin -

Use magic Report

"The four rules of writing... 1. Write to discover. 2. There is no greater discovery than love. 3. All love comes from the Creator. 4. Write what you will."

- Ted Dekker (Showdown (Paradise, #1) -

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

"As a writer, I need an enormous amount of time alone. Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials. It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write. Having anybody watching that or attempting to share it with me would be grisly."

- Paul Rudnick -

Use magic Report

"Writing, real writing, should leave a small sweet bruise somewhere on the writer . . . and on the reader."

- Clarissa Pinkola Estés -

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-5-2017 04:04 PM | Show all posts
      “Pembaca adalah jantung buku saya.”  
  ―    Helvy Tiana Rosa

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-5-2017 04:19 PM | Show all posts
      “Pembalasan paling indah yang sangat pedih adalah lewat novel.”  
  ―    Helvy Tiana Rosa

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

5-5-2024 03:18 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.076837 second(s), 44 queries .