Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Mulan

Tennis Vol. 5 - From Grass Season 2017 Onward

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 13-7-2017 05:54 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Vamos Berdych!!

Oh well.. i missed so much action last night. Xleh bjaga setiap mlm dah.. mlm ni bjaga.. esoknya sure lelap awal camtu

Xtau la nk komen apa dah.. tertido awal & mimpi i mandi & bedakkan my mak... a routine for years..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-7-2017 05:59 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
cyclops_psycho replied at 13-7-2017 01:10 AM
WTF Novak retiring!

Seems like wrist injury..get well soon Novak.

Shoulder injury he got from Mannarino match the day before. Dia pras sbb wimbl organizer tak move match dia ke centre court wpun kosong.. dok la tgu jugak rafa-muller habis.

So his was delayed to y'day and no time to recover thereafter.

Sure... wimbl was.clearing the path for andy (THE BLOODY SCOTT!! : ) kehkehkeh... but baby q spoiled the plan. Old baby q now has to tread carefully in england   

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-7-2017 06:02 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
@kikiharris masih kat msia ke dah blk kg mufc?

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 08:59 AM | Show all posts
perghhhh
straight set je federer menang ngan raonic
macam orang mudo tenaga dia ni

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-7-2017 10:21 AM | Show all posts
LONDON—“How big a deal is it for you to defeat Andy Murray today?”

This was the first question Sam Querrey was asked after his 3-6, 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-1, 6-1 win over the world No. 1 on Wednesday. Querrey answered the only way a kid from Southern California could.

“I mean,” he said, “it’s a really big deal.”

A few minutes later Querrey was asked if he ever doubted, after playing 41 majors and failing to reach the semis at any of them, if he would ever make it this far. Again he sounded like a quintessential Yank in London.

“Yeah, probably,” was his answer.

But Querrey was at his surfer-dude best when a reporter lobbed this ominous question in his direction:

“How does it feel to just dash the hopes of an entire nation?”

“I don’t feel like I just ruined the hopes of every British person out there,” Querrey said with a slightly exasperated smile. “Everyone needs to take a little chill pill.”

Tennis Channel discusses Sam Querrey's upset of Andy Murray at the All England Club (part one):

The win was a major, and admittedly unexpected, breakthrough for the 29-year-old, 24th-seeded Querrey; no player in the Open era has gone so long before reaching a Slam semi. And it was a breakthrough for U.S. men’s tennis as well. The last man from the States to reach the semifinals at any Grand Slam was Andy Roddick here in 2009. A decade ago, the 6’6” Querrey had been tagged as a possible successor to Roddick. That never came to pass. Querrey could destroy a serve and a forehand, but his old-school power-American game wasn’t nimble or flexible enough for the Big Four era. Until Wednesday.

“Just an incredible match,” Querrey said, “I’m just so happy right now.”

He also sounded a little bit surprised. It wasn’t just that Querrey was trying to get past the quarters at a major for the first time. It wasn’t just that he was trying to beat Murray, the defending champion and home favorite, for the first time since 2010. Querrey’s victory also must have come as a shock because of the way he began the match.

He was awful. Broken in his first service game, he lost the first seven points. Querrey looked a step slow, and he couldn’t find any timing on his forehand. Murray expertly kept him off balance by moving him wide, making him bend and drawing him forward, but even when Querrey had a good look at a ball, he couldn’t do much with it. While Murray’s shots didn’t have much sting, that seemed to be the point; he quickly led by a set and a break and all seemed right with the world on this sunny day on Centre Court.

But Murray’s carefully constructed finesse fortress began to crumble at 4-3 in the second. Querrey finally relaxed and found his timing, and Murray stopped calibrating his slices quite so expertly. He was walking a fine line by giving up so much ground, and Querrey finally invaded it. Querrey broke for 4-4, and broke again for the set with a laser-guided crosscourt backhand winner. He was free of Murray’s web.

“I was a little nervous at first when we got out there,” Querrey said. “But then, when I broke back in the second, kind of took a deep breath.”

“I just kind of stayed with my game,” he said. “I tried to play aggressive and keep swinging after the ball. I didn’t want to alter my game and get into those cat-and-mouse points, because that’s where he’s really good.

“I just kept my foot down, and just kept trying to pound the ball.”

Tennis Channel discusses Sam Querrey's upset of Andy Murray at the All England Club (part two):

If there’s a better summation of the Sam-I-Am style of play, I have yet to hear it.

While Murray would do his best to hang on, he needed that second set. The hip injury that he had been nursing and working around all tournament flared again, the pain steadily growing worse. By the fourth set, a limp had set in, one that would become more pronounced with each game. By the time he walked off the court to the cheers of the crowd, the no-longer-defending-champion was hobbling badly.

“I think I had chances in the first three sets,” Murray said. “I mean, the second set, I think I was up 4-3, then got broken twice ... I did manage to win the third. You know, maybe I could have got the match done in three sets there had I closed out the second after getting the break.”

But Murray rightly credited Querrey with serving well down the stretch, and taking his chance when he had it. Querrey finished with 27 aces, won 84 percent of his first-serve points and hit 70 winners.

Querrey has had more ups and down in the last 10 years than he can probably remember. He has questioned his commitment to the tour grind in the past, but as his 30th birthday approaches, he could be on the verge of adding his name to the ATP’s ever-growing late-bloomer brigade. And he appreciates it.

“It’s an exciting moment,” Querrey said. “Not many people get to play tennis professionally, let alone play at Wimbledon, play on Centre Court, play against Andy Murray. It’s really special.”

But let’s not go overboard; Sam is still as chill as always. A British reporter cited the “bloom of expectations” that he believed would surely grow in the U.S. after his win; he asked Querrey if he would do anything to “sort of buffer yourself from that a little bit.”

Querrey, ever the American, shot him a quizzical look.

“Not really,” he said. “I mean, it’s not like tennis is the most popular sport in America. This isn’t the NBA championships or anything.”

But it’s the semifinals of Wimbledon, and that’s something for the U.S. men’s game to celebrate.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 10:32 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mulan replied at 13-7-2017 05:59 AM
Shoulder injury he got from Mannarino match the day before. Dia pras sbb wimbl organizer tak move  ...

Betul..bad scheduling screwed his chances.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-7-2017 10:34 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
AnBulisia replied at 13-7-2017 08:59 AM
perghhhh

Federer is a clear favourite..kalau dia kalah dgn Berdych tak tahu la nk ckp apa.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 10:44 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mulan replied at 12-7-2017 10:02 PM
@kikiharris masih kat msia ke dah blk kg mufc?

Masih disini

Tak sabar nak balik jumpa Andy
Harini sorang lagi akan tumbang.. Don't mess dgn sis V ok!  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-7-2017 10:56 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
AnBulisia replied at 13-7-2017 12:59 AM
perghhhh

Majority kat soc med semua dah suruh bagi title je kat Fed.. Final is gonna be so dead.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-7-2017 11:09 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
kikiharris replied at 13-7-2017 10:56 AM
Majority kat soc med semua dah suruh bagi title je kat Fed.. Final is gonna be so dead.

Membazir beli tiket final riban2  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-7-2017 12:14 PM | Show all posts
kikiharris replied at 13-7-2017 10:44 AM
Masih disini  

Tak sabar nak balik jumpa Andy  

masih sempat try masak puding raja
boleh lagi try cari pisang emas..

kalau beli bawak belayar ke mufc masak kat sana pun boleh ..

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 02:09 PM | Show all posts
federer kalah ngan berdych yang paling aku takleh terima kat olimpik
waktu tu prime time federer
arghhhhhh

tapi kalau tgk cara dia revenge kalah ngan raonic tahun lepas
esok macam walk in the park lagi kot

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-7-2017 02:41 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Another American to oust the other (immigrant) Brit ..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-7-2017 02:57 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Mulan at 13-7-2017 03:01 PM

Serena Williams shares the story of depositing her first million dollar check at a drive-thru ATM
Shannon ScovelBusted RacquetJul 13, 2017, 5:25 AM

Today Serena Williams is known as a 23-time Grand Slam winner, a four-time Olympic gold medalist and the face of women’s tennis in the United States. But when Williams first started playing her sport, fame was new, unfamiliar and almost unexpected.
Money and endorsements started pouring in for Williams after her first Grand Slam title, and initially, the tennis star wasn’t sure what to do with the funds. In an interview with CEO Maverick Carter on the UNINTERRUPTED series “Kneading Dough,” Williams explained she never played for money or even thought about the monetary rewards that would come with her success. That is, until she tried to cash her first million dollar check.
“I went through the drive-thru to deposit my check, and they were like, ‘I think you need to come in for this,’ ” Williams said, laughing. “I ended up going inside, so I was just like, ‘Just put it in my account.’ I should have took a picture of it, but selfies didn’t exist back then.”

Williams’ experience with her first check, while comical, demonstrates how novel such payments were for an athlete who grew up living in a two-bedroom house with six other family members. The tennis star learned how to manage her own finances and save her money to ensure she would have cash when she needed them, she told Carter.
Life for Williams will change dramatically with the birth of her child this fall, and Williams said that she hopes to give her kid the same kind of childhood that her parents gave her.  She said her parents encouraged her to make her own financial decisions from the time that she was a teenager, and she chose not to spend her money lavishly and instead save much of her early prize money.
She will now switch her focus from tennis to motherhood for the time being, but her competitive drive hasn’t gone away.
In an interview with HuffPost UK, she said that she is now focusing on providing the best life possible for her child. She also told Carter that she wants to give her child everything she had, and, as the Huff Post interview reveals, she will do everything she can to achieve that goal.
“That’s my new ambition, just to be the best mum I can be,” Williams said.
Williams has already set a goal for her child too, and the goal has nothing to do with making a million dollars. Instead, she just wants her child to speak up for what is right.
“Any daughter of mine will have a voice,” she said in her interview with Carter.
---------------

aik.. aritu deny bila venus slip up ckp niece

ni dia lak ckp daughter. konpem ker baby girl?

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Mulan replied at 13-7-2017 04:14 AM
masih sempat try masak puding raja
boleh lagi try cari pisang emas..

mau berakhir dlm tong sampah je nantitakut tak jadik!!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 08:32 PM | Show all posts
menarik sgt ke ladies??? poyonka ni sapo? x melawan pun...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-7-2017 08:34 PM | Show all posts
mana boleh tukar2 court sesuka hati....mesti penonton dah beli tiket by court....

penonton nak tengok nadal dan joko main...x kan  joko nak pindah ke center court...nanti kena saman dgn penonton...korang nak bayar ker???

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 08:35 PM | Show all posts
marin cilic pun merbahaya..menang us open 2014 tewaskan federer kan?

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 10:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
harisbee replied at 13-7-2017 08:35 PM
marin cilic pun merbahaya..menang us open 2014 tewaskan federer kan?

Yes Cilic kalahkan Roger masa kat quarter.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2017 10:45 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
harisbee replied at 13-7-2017 08:32 PM
menarik sgt ke ladies??? poyonka ni sapo? x melawan pun...

Garbine menang mudah..Rybarikova punya game ke laut sgt!

Anyway, Queen V menang set pertama! Plss V menang la dgn straight set.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 02:26 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.198426 second(s), 40 queries .