Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 5447|Reply: 5

[2018] 19 of the Best Valentine's Day Movies Ever Made

[Copy link]
Post time 7-7-2019 04:29 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Rex/Shutterstock

Love is in the air. What better way to enjoy it than curled up on your couch watching a movie?
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Pride & Prejudice (2005)
Courtesy

amazon.com$13.99

Watch Now

Director: Joe Wright

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: There are a slew of adaptations of Jane Austen's classic. We like this one for it's earthy sensibility that still maintains the humor, wit, and (yes) sexual tension between Lizzie Bennet (Keira Knightley) and Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfayden).

Favorite Quote: "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." —Mr. Darcy

Before Sunrise (1995)
Courtesy

amazon.com
Watch Now

Director: Richard Linklater

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Dreamy Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy seduce each other with their minds and words while taking in a picturesque day and night in Vienna.

Favorite Quote: "Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?" —Celine

La La Land (2016)
Courtesy

amazon.com$6.99

Watch Now

Director: Damien Chazelle

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: A big red Valentine to Los Angeles, and the dreamers who inhabit it, La La Land has gorgeous costumes, dizzying choreography and a singing, dancing Ryan Gosling. What's not to love?

Favorite Quote: "You could just write your own rules. You know, write something that's as interesting as you are." —Sebastian

The Notebook (2004)
Courtesy

amazon.com$14.99

Watch Now

Director: Nick Cassavetes

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: That iconic rain-soaked kiss makes The Notebook a romantic classic, powered by the palpable chemistry between Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, but what really brings on the tears is the relationship between their older characters, played by James Garner and director Cassavetes's mother Gena Rowlands.

Favorite Quote: "So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday." —Noah

The Thin Man (1934)
Courtesy

amazon.com$13.99

Watch Now

Director: W.S. Van Dyke

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Fast-talking, cocktail-swilling married detectives Nick and Nora Charles are the definition of #relationshipgoals.

Favorite Quote: "The important thing is the rhythm. Always have rhythm in your shaking. Now a Manhattan you shake to fox-trot time, a Bronx to two-step time, a dry martini you always shake to waltz time." —Nick

Romeo + Juliet (1996)
Courtesy

amazon.com$7.99

Watch Now

Director: Baz Luhrmann

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Shakespeare's greatest love story, rendered in Baz Luhrmann's inimitably pop culture pastiche style—with teen heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio no less.

Favorite Quote: "And when I shall die, take him and cut him up in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will fall in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun." —Juliet

Breathless (1961)
Courtesy

amazon.com$14.99

Watch Now

Director: Jean-Luc Godard

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: This romantic caper defined the French New Wave, inspired a pixie-cut craze, and introduced us to Jean-Paul Belmondo as the coolest hunk in France as the Bogey-worshipping scamp Michel.

Favorite Quote: "When we talked, I talked about me, you talked about you, when we should have talked about each other." —Michel

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Courtesy

amazon.com$9.99

Watch Now

Director: Michel Gondry

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Who hasn't fantasized about erasing all the painful memories of lovers lost? The remarkable thing about Gondry's surreal fantasy is that it reminds us how indispensable and fundamental those memories and experiences are—they make us who we are.

Favorite Quote: "Random thoughts for Valentine's Day, 2004. Today is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap." —Joel

10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
Courtesy

amazon.com$9.99

Watch Now

Director: Gil Junger

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Young, fresh-faced Aussie Heath Ledger faces off with saucy Julia Stiles in a classic '90s high school Shakespeare adaptation.

Favorite Quote: "I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." —Kat (Stiles)

It Happened One Night (1934)
Courtesy

amazon.com$12.99

Watch Now

Director: Frank Capra

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: The definitive screwball comedy features Clark Gable in his prime (those dimples!), hitchhiking with Claudette Colbert. It'll take you back to the good old days, when heiresses were sassy and reporters wore three piece suits and hats.

Favorite Quote:

Ellie Andrews: Aren't you going to give me a little credit?

Peter Warne: What for?

Ellie Andrews: I proved once and for all that the limb is mightier than the thumb.

Peter Warne: Why didn't you take off all your clothes? You could have stopped 40 cars.

Ellie Andrews: I'll remember that when we need 40 cars.

Weekend (2011)
Courtesy

amazon.com$12.99

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0090EHLUY/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]Watch Now[/url]

Director: Andrew Haigh

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: The Looking creator's signature and sensitive style was first seen in this 48-hour love story between two British men.

Favorite Quote: "While you're projecting who you want to be ... this gap opens up between who you want to be and who you really are. And in that gap, it shows you what's stopping you becoming who you want to be." —Glen

Magic Mike (2012)
Courtesy

amazon.com$12.99

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096HI226/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]Watch Now[/url]

Director: Steven Soderbergh

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: This is the origin story of Channing Tatum, which does, yes, start in an all-male exotic dance revue (it's a strip club). But aside from the eye candy, this film boasts creative flair, a sweet love story between Mike (Tatum) and Paige (Cody Horn), and Matthew McConaughey as the unforgettable club MC, Dallas.

Favorite Quote: "Fact is, the law says you cannot touch … but I think I see a lot of lawbreakers up in this house tonight." —Dallas

Harold and Maude (1971)
Courtesy

amazon.com$13.99

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DCZ4IW/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]Watch Now[/url]

Director: Hal Ashby

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: This most unconventional and life-affirming romance proves misfits can find connection in the unlikeliest places. The Cat Stevens soundtrack is pretty great too.

Favorite Quote: "A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they are not dead, really. They're just backing away from life. Reach out. Take a chance. Get hurt even. But play as well as you can. Go team, go! Give me an L. Give me an I. Give me a V. Give me an E. L-I-V-E. LIVE! Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room." —Maude

Beginners (2010)
Courtesy

amazon.com$8.99

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QG2DOO/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]Watch Now[/url]

Director: Mike Mills

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Aside from the sweet romance between Ewan McGregor and Mélanie Laurent, his father's (Christopher Plummer) late-in-life coming out reminds us that romance is ageless, and for everyone.

Favorite Quote: "We didn't go to this war. We didn't have to hide to have sex. Our good fortune allowed us to feel a sadness that our parents didn't have time for and a happiness that I never saw with them." —Oliver (McGregor)

Love and Basketball (2000)
Courtesy

amazon.com$12.99

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010T56CW/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]Watch Now[/url]

Director: Gina Prince-Bythewood

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Love that blossoms between childhood pals on the neighborhood basketball court proves that friendship is the foundation to the greatest romances.

Favorite Quote: "All's fair in love and basketball." —Quincy

True Romance (1993)
Courtesy

amazon.com$12.99

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B7R6L3/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]Watch Now[/url]

Director: Tony Scott

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: For those who don't go in for a traditional rom com, True Romance offers all the stylized, violent, Tarantino-scripted thrills with the love story of Clarence and Alabama.

Favorite Quote: "Okey dokey doggie daddy." —Alabama

When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Courtesy

amazon.com
[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001Q556QG/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]Watch Now[/url]

Director: Rob Reiner

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Nora Ephron's classic examination of male-female friendships that turn into love is best remembered for Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan's portrayals of Harry and Sally, but the true relationship-goals romance is between pals Jess (Bruno Kirby) and Marie (Carrie Fisher) who show what communication and humor in a relationship is all about.

Favorite Quote:

Marie: "Tell me I'll never have to be out there again."

Jess: "You'll never have to be out there again."

Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
Courtesy

amazon.com$19.99$9.99 (50% off)

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CDGVOE/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|sale]SHOP NOW[/url]

Director: Hayao Miyazaki

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Sophie considered herself plain before a curse turned her into an old woman; but Howl, a notoriously superficial wizard, falls for her all the same.  For the viewer, though, it's Miyazaki's dreamlike animation that you'll be head-over-heels in love with.

Favorite Quote: "He's calling the spirits of darkness... I saw him do this once before when a girl dumped him." —Markl

Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
Courtesy

amazon.com$19.98

[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U8O6IH2/?linkCode=xm2&tag=townandcountry_auto-append-20&ascsubtag=[artid|10067.g.3180[src|[ch|[lt|]SHOP NOW[/url]

Director: Wes Anderson

Why It's Swoon-Worthy: Wes Anderson turns his stylized lens to a forbidden childhood romance and the results are just as endearing, picturesque, and hilarious as you'd hope.

Favorite Quote: "We're in love. We just want to be together. What's wrong with that?" —Suzy

Watch Next

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-8-2019 04:55 AM | Show all posts
I'd say that Pride & Prejudice is the best one on the list. Watched it a dozen of times and every time I enjoy the movie a lot.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-5-2020 01:45 AM | Show all posts
Note: Thread has been banned by manager

Use magic Report

Post time 1-4-2021 05:16 AM | Show all posts
Pride & Prejudice is my favorite movie ever

Use magic Report

Post time 9-3-2022 06:18 AM | Show all posts
Titanic is one of the best romance movies ever

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2022 06:37 PM | Show all posts
Edited by BiVik at 11-4-2022 02:24 AM

Nice list, thanks. It's a pity I didn't find it last month Though I'll save it for the future. I guess everyone enjoys watching such movies now and then, even it is not Valentine's Day. I personally prefer downloading my favorite films from torrent sites (I was lucky to find a list of good ones here). It is convenient to have them on my PC. Also, it saves time for searching.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 02:30 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052427 second(s), 29 queries .