CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 4623|Reply: 42

[Dunia] RESTORAN PESAWAT. Lebih 400 'penumpang' join makan tgh hari dalam dua pesawat Si

[Copy link]
Post time 24-10-2020 10:45 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by R2D2 at 27-10-2020 09:09 AM

malaymail.com
Travel-starved ‘passengers’ dine on parked Singapore Airlines jet
Saturday, 24 Oct 2020 09:02 PM MYT

A view of the Singapore Airlines suites cabin onboard their A380 restaurant at Changi Airport in Singapore October 24, 2020. ― Reuters pic

SINGAPORE, Oct 24 — Hundreds of travel-starved diners ate lunch and watched seat-back films aboard two parked Singapore Airlines jets turned into pop-up restaurants today.

With the aviation industry in deep crisis due to the coronavirus pandemic, airlines have turned to alternative ways to raise cash, from offering “flights to nowhere” to tours of aircraft.

Singapore’s flag carrier, which has cut thousands of jobs and grounded nearly all its planes this year, offered passengers the chance to dine on board two A380 superjumbos — the world’s biggest passenger jet.

Today more than 400 diners checked in at Changi Airport and went through the usual security checks before arriving at the aircraft for lunch.

“The food is pretty amazing, it’s better than the one they serve during the flight,” Zhou Tai Di, a 17-year-old student in economy class, told AFP as he tucked into his soy sauce-glazed chicken with spicy fried eggplant and rice.

Some settled in for a nap while waiting for their meals to be served, while others watched movies on the seat-back entertainment systems.

About half the seats were left empty, in keeping with social-distancing guidelines.

Calvin Teo, a 29-year-old civil servant and aviation buff, paid Sg$321 (RM723) to be served a six-course meal in business class, saying he missed flying and hoped to recreate the experience.

A Singapore Airlines business class seat onboard their A380 restaurant at Changi Airport in Singapore October 24, 2020. ― Reuters pic

“Of course the feeling of actually flying will be better, because there’s the excitement of going to a new destination, to explore a new destination, and even though we can’t do it now due to Covid, this is a good substitute for now, to recreate the feels of taking a long-haul flight,” he told AFP.  

The most expensive option is a Sg$642 eight-course meal in a first-class suite, while the cheapest costs Sg$53 and consists of a three-course meal in economy class.

A limited number of diners were also able to tour the double-decker aircraft and take selfies with pilots in the cockpit.

The tarmac meals proved surprisingly popular -- the airline announced six additional sessions after more than 900 lunch tickets sold out within 30 minutes of bookings opening earlier this month.

The airline is also offering home deliveries of plane meals, but it has ditched plans for “flights to nowhere” -- short journeys starting and ending at the same airport — following an outcry over the potential environmental impact. — AFP

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-10-2020 10:51 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
bayor SGD 321 dan dpt merasa makan 6 course meal dlm biz class
ok letteww..skali skala nk create new experience.dah tua sok bleh cite kat anak cucu

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2020 11:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kwn aku pun pegi tadi. Tgk mcm best jgk.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2020 11:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
OK la tu wpon Kapal terbang x terbang

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2020 11:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
cmf_premierleag replied at 24-10-2020 10:51 PM
bayor SGD 321 dan dpt merasa makan 6 course meal dlm biz class
ok letteww..skali skala nk create ne ...

Dorang yg tak mampu fly biz class yg amik this biz class meals.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2020 11:03 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mas /air asia buat..nk juga teraiiii

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 24-10-2020 11:22 PM | Show all posts
mesti ada sebab kenapa Malaysia Airlines & AA tak buat
yg aku perasan AA promote food delivery Santan
mana nak sama mkn order
dgn makan dlm AK yg tak bergerak

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2020 11:44 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kalo MAS/ AA buat aku pun nak try yg biz class..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-10-2020 12:37 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mesia tanak buat ke?
Tingin gak nak try mkn dlm biz dan first class...

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2020 12:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ooohhh la la

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2020 06:18 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
R2D2 replied at 24-10-2020 11:22 PM
mesti ada sebab kenapa Malaysia Airlines & AA tak buat
yg aku perasan AA promote food delivery Sant ...

Tapi Santan dah lama provide makanan atas kapal AK. Tak sama ke

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2020 06:59 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hari tu semua ketawakan bila SIA nak buat penerbangan to nowhere sampai tak jadi buat, tapi yg ini nampak berbaloi la..

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2020 07:21 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
MAS xnk buat ke? Iols nk jugak try lyn movie smbil mkn 6 course meal kt bisnes class...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-10-2020 10:08 PM | Show all posts

nst.com.my
My RM984 dining experience on Singapore Airlines' A380 | New Straits Times
By Wong Pei Ting - October 25, 2020 @ 9:57pm

SINGAPORE: The chime to mark the start of the in-flight announcement came on, but it was not to inform us that it was time to fasten our seatbelts to prepare for take-off.

Instead, the Singapore Airlines (SIA) cabin crew making the announcement cheekily said: "Our first in the world gastronomy journey will take approximately three hours... In the interest of your safety, you are to keep your seatbelts unfastened and place them on your side."

This marked the start of my Restaurant A380 experience – which costs between S$53.20 and S$642 (RM163 and RM1,968) to embark on, depending on the cabin class.

I was among some members of the media who were invited to experience the dinner service in business class on Saturday (Oct 24) – the first day it was opened to the public.

For me, it was a chance to reminisce about pre-Covid-19 days when air travel was a norm.

Shortly after the announcement, SIA air stewardesses took to their stations for a safety demonstration, and another cabin crew announced: "In the unlikely event of an emergency evacuation, please leave the aircraft quickly in an orderly manner when instructed by the crew."

These set the tone for a fun night, one where aviation safety was not at the top of everyone's mind for once, as the plane was not going anywhere.

Even Covid-19 failed to be a party pooper tonight, although diners were reminded to keep a safe distance of at least one metre if they would like to move about the aircraft.

We weren't wearing a face mask at our seats most of the time as I was served with a Singapore Sling not long after the "safety demonstration" to kick-start my virgin business class (dining) experience with SIA, which costs S$321 (RM984) per head for this Covid-19-induced edition.

Dinner was from 7pm to 10pm. While I thought it was funny how people would pay hundreds to be stuck to a chair in a box for that long, I ended up staying the full length of the dinner service as I was entertained by the experience throughout, although I was... eating alone.

The food and drinks just kept coming. And again and again, my scepticism towards airline food was struck down.

I picked the "Shermay Lee's selection" – a peranakan meal specially designed for the occasion by its namesake chef, who is the late founding prime minister Lee Kuan Yew's niece.

It features nasi lemak as its main dish. I was tickled by the idea of juxtaposing the humble dish with the posh business class treatment. Part of me was also curious about what it would taste like, given that the other main course dishes offered in the same price tier are things like grilled beef fillet, pan-seared prawns and scallops on saffron broth, and Suzuki Saikyo Yaki (Japanese-style grilled Chilean bass).

Well, I was taken aback by how fresh and tasty the nasi lemak's fish is. It was doused in a tangy tamarind and turmeric gravy that was so mouth-watering that I immediately went to Google to check if Ms Lee's recipe is somewhere online.

It came with chicken satay as a starter, a chicken, prawn and jellyfish salad appetiser, and a gula melaka ice-cream sandwich as an after-meal dessert.

The meal could also be topped up with up to two alcoholic drinks, as well as assorted cheese and fresh food platters, so I was stuffed by the time I was done.

Restaurant A380 will run for another six seatings on Sunday and a second weekend, on Oct 31 and Nov 1.

Lee Lik Hsin, SIA's executive vice president (commercial), told reporters on Saturday that there are still "some slots to fill" for the seatings next weekend. Slots for its first two seatings were sold out within 30 minutes after bookings opened at midnight on Oct 12.

Asked if more runs will open beyond these two weekends, he said it would depend on whether the demand continues to be strong.

Meanwhile, the "SIA@Home" initiative, which allows people to book an in-flight dining experience in the comfort of their homes, will remain, as more than 500 home delivery dining packages have been booked and "demand continues to come in", Lee said.

He added that SIA is looking into putting out a Christmas menu.

Lee, however, stressed that these initiatives are not long-term plans for the airline's viability. "We are an airline and we do have to get back to flying," he said.

The writer is a journalist for Today Online

Use magic Report

Post time 26-10-2020 11:59 AM | Show all posts
Seronok sekali sekala makan di dalam airplane, 1 pengalaman yang baharu yang mana airplane tersebut tidak kemana-mana

Use magic Report

Post time 26-10-2020 12:07 PM | Show all posts
akhirnya singapor caprut da mencuri idea
org melaka.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-10-2020 09:10 AM | Show all posts

hmetro.com.my
'Restoran pesawat'
AFP
2-3 minutes

Singapura: Terkesan dengan pandemik Covid-19, pengusaha industri penerbangan di Singapura mencari alternatif menjana pendapatan dengan menawarkan perkhidmatan restoran dalam pesawat.

Sabtu lalu, buat pertama kalinya dua pesawat Singapore Airlines ditukar kepada restoran yang menawarkan pengalaman unik kepada pengunjung menikmati makanan tengah hari sambil menonton filem di tempat duduk masing-masing.

Lebih 400 pengunjung tidak melepaskan peluang menjalani pemeriksaan keselamatan seperti biasa di Lapangan Terbang Changi sebelum menaiki pesawat Singapore Airlines untuk menjamu selera.

Syarikat penerbangan yang membuang ribuan pekerja dan 'merehatkan' hampir semua pesawatnya tahun ini menawarkan pengunjung menjamu selera di dua pesawat penumpang terbesar di dunia, A380.

Sebahagian daripada tempat duduk dibiarkan kosong sebagai mematuhi penjarakan fizikal.

Pelajar, Zhou Tai Di,17, berkata, hidangan disediakan melebihi jangkauannya dan sangat memenuhi cita rasanya.

"Makanannya cukup luar biasa, lebih sedap daripada yang mereka sediakan semasa dalam penerbangan," katanya kepada AFP.

Sementara itu, penjawat awam, Calvin Teo, 29, berkata, dia sanggup membayar 321 dolar Singapura (kira-kira RM984) untuk enam hidangan dalam kelas perniagaan demi mengubat kerinduan naik pesawat.

"Sudah tentu pengalaman di udara lebih baik kerana rasa teruja mengunjungi destinasi baharu.

"Tetapi oleh kerana kekangan Covid-19, kaedah ini satu daripada pengganti terbaik untuk merasai semula pengalaman terbang di udara," katanya.

Syarikat penerbangan itu menawarkan lapan hidangan dalam suite kelas pertama pada harga 642 dolar Singapura (RM1,967) serta 53 dolar Singapura (RM162) bagi tiga hidangan dalam kelas ekonomi.

Pengunjung juga berpeluang menjelajah pesawat dua tingkat itu dan merakamkan gambar kenangan bersama juruterbang dalam kokpit.

Kaedah makan dalam pesawat itu terbukti popular dan mendapat permintaan tinggi apabila syarikat penerbangan itu mengumumkan enam sesi tambahan.

Ia selepas 900 tiket hidangan tengah hari habis terjual dalam tempoh 30 minit ketika sesi tempahan dibuka awal bulan ini.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2020 09:30 AM | Show all posts
Tinot7 replied at 25-10-2020 12:37 AM
Mesia tanak buat ke?
Tingin gak nak try mkn dlm biz dan first class...

Buat apa Malaysia nak buat. Ambikla flight pergi Langkawi atau Sarawak kalau dah gian sangat naik flight.
Itu untung duduk negara besar sikit macam Malaysia.

Hehehehehe.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2020 09:32 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
kluangman replied at 27-10-2020 09:30 AM
Buat apa Malaysia nak buat. Ambikla flight pergi Langkawi atau Sarawak kalau dah gian sangat naik  ...

Kalau takleh merentas negeri, boleh ke merentasi ruangan udara?

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2020 09:33 AM | Show all posts
Tinot7 replied at 27-10-2020 09:32 AM
Kalau takleh merentas negeri, boleh ke merentasi ruangan udara?

KL, Selangor, Putrajaya dan Sabah je tak boleh.Negeri lain naik la ko kapal terbang puas2 sebelum kena PKPB.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 11:54 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.096479 second(s), 46 queries .