CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1183|Reply: 4

[Dunia] UFC 257: Tapper McChicken kalah lagi

[Copy link]
Post time 24-1-2021 02:40 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
[backcolor=rgba(209, 36, 36, 0.5)] DUSTIN POIRIER SHOCKS CONOR MCGREGOR WITH SECOND-ROUND TKO AT UFC 257

Dustin Poirier stuns the MMA world.

Many felt like Dustin Poirier was going to be nothing more than a body for Conor McGregor in the main event of Saturday's UFC 257.

Poirier had other plans in mind, using destructive calf kicks to soften McGregor up, before finishing him with a barrage of punches to score a TKO at the 2:32 mark of the second round.

"I'm happy," Poirier said in his post-fight interview. "I put in the work. First off, I want to say Conor took this result very professionally. He's a pro. Nothing but respect. We're 1-1. Maybe we have to do it again."

Poirier set the tone for how the fight would play out in the opening moments by throwing a leg kick to the left calf. Moments later, Poirier changed it up and secured a takedown. But McGregor made it back to his feet and got into a groove with his striking. Poirier wasn't deterred. He followed the gameplan and continued going to McGregor's calf.

McGregor began the second round with a stinging left hand that rattled Poirier. The former interim lightweight champion shook it off and went right back to battering McGregor's calf with kicks. McGregor's calf was very red and was hardly able to move. His shots weren't having as much snap due to not being able to put all of weight into his punches.

Seeing he had McGregor in a vulnerable state and weakened because he shattered his left calf, Poirier stunned McGregor with a left hand. Poirier continued the assualt and dropped McGregor witha right hook. Poirier uncorked a series of shots to pull off the biggest win of his career.

"We knew (McGregor's) counter-twos was some of the best in the game," Poirier said. "But I just don't give f--. I'm here to win."

For McGregor (22-5), it is his second loss in his last three fights and is now 1-2 competing at 155 pounds. He gave Poirier all the credit for his performance. McGregor admits he needs cage time to compete against the best at 155 pounds.

"It's hard to overcome inactivity and that's just it," McGregor said in his post-fight interview. "The leg kicks were good. That low calf kick was very good. The leg was dead and I just wasn't as comfortable as I needed it to be. But Dustin's some fighter.

"I put in the work," McGregor added. "I'm proud of my work. I would have liked to represent my team better. We'll get to go again and that's it. I'm gonna go with my kids in the hotel and chill and regroup."

McGregor's fought only one time in 2020. He said in the build-up to UFC 257 that he'd compete at least three times in 2021. While he suffered a setback, McGregor vowed he will return this year.

"Of course, I need activity," McGregor admits. "You don't get awa with being inactive in this business. I'll take my licks. 1-1 Dustin, good man. It's a tough one to swallow."

It is unknown what is next for Poirier (27-6, one no contest) because of the uncertain status of Khabib Nurmagomedov, who says he's retired but UFC president Dana White is trying to persuade him into one more fight.

If Nurmagomedov stays retired and the ultimately the UFC strips him of the title, Poirier's next outing will likely be against Michael Chandler. The former Bellator lightweight champion had a UFC debut for the ages, scoring a scintilating first-round stoppage over Dan Hooker. Chandler blasted Hooker with a left hook and followed it up with a barrage of right hands give him a successful first contest inside the Octagon and a possible championship opportunity.

https://www.dazn.com/en-MY/news/ ... ucq1cg141x8n74qausf

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-1-2021 02:49 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kesian akak tengok mcgregor, dia kawal diri dia.. Tak sombong, tak berlagak tapi kalah jugak.. Dustin punya punch combo tu dia ada buat jugak kat khabib, khabib terselamat berjaya elak.. Terhuyung-hayang khabib dibuatnya, malang mcgregor tak dapat elak sebab dah melekat kat cage

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-1-2021 02:59 PM | Show all posts
VioletsAre_Blue replied at 24-1-2021 02:49 PM
Kesian akak tengok mcgregor, dia kawal diri dia.. Tak sombong, tak berlagak tapi kalah jugak.. Dusti ...

dia agak humble lepas kalah dengan khabib.. kalau sembang kemaih lagi sebelum lawan ngn poirier pastu kalah pulak memang malu kali kedua

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2021 03:04 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yes la sekejab giler dalam less than 5 mins dah terjelepok.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-1-2021 03:08 PM | Show all posts
"if anything adversity taught me in the past... when times are good, be grateful, and with times like this [loss], be graceful."

~ Quote  Dustin Poirier lepas kalah dengan Khabib dulu.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 09:07 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.112607 second(s), 31 queries .