CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2426|Reply: 7

[Dunia] Lelaki berhadapan hukuman penjara di Dubai hasil mengambil dadah secara sah di L

[Copy link]
Post time 11-4-2021 08:23 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
American who smoked weed legally in Vegas before flying to Dubai now faces years in UAE jail after pot found in urine
Hana Carter
11 Apr 2021, 1:22Updated: 11 Apr 2021, 1:27

AN American businessman who legally smoked marijuana in Las Vegas before flying to Dubai faces jail after the drug was detected in his urine.

Peter Clark is facing a three year prison sentence on a drugs charge after traces of the substance showed up in hospital tests after he needed emergency treatment.

Peter Clark who legally smoked the drug in Las Vegas said he knew about Dubai’s strict drugs laws Credit: YouTube/Detained in Dubai

The 51-year-old was rushed to hospital with pancreatitis after being in Dubai for just one day Credit: Facebook/Al Barsha Police Station

After heading to the UAE to work on something 'new', the retired games designer had only been in Dubai for one day before he fell ill with pancreatitis.

The 51-year-old, who had previously worked on Xbox and Playstation games, needed to provide a urine test - which is where the marijuana was detected.

Dailymail.com reported that Clark was in Dubai to scout out recording studio locations.

It is required by Dubai law that any illegal substances detected in tests must be reported to the police - despite the fact that Clark claimed he smoked the marijuana in Las Vegas, where it is legal.

He was arrested and held in jail for three days before he was released and forced to stay in his hotel whilst he awaits a decision from the prosecution.

He told Mail Online: "I was absolutely stunned to learn that I was being charged due to residual marijuana in my system. I smoked it legally back in America long before I even got on the plane.

"I knew about Dubai’s strict drugs laws but never for one moment did I think something I legally did in my own country would lead to my arrest."

During his time in jail, the vein where the IV line was inserted became infected and prison staff didn't give him the antibiotics that he was prescribed, claimed Clark.

He is now on a 'no fly list' and has to remain in Dubai until prosecutors come to a verdict.

Clark said how the trip had become a "nightmare" and that he had no idea that going to hospital would have resulted in a potential prison sentence.

Detained in Dubai, a group who help tourists who break the UAE's strict rules have taken his case.

Founder Radha Sterling said: "The UAE’s arbitrary enforcement of laws and lack of predictable legal outcomes means that Peter faces years in prison for legal smoking marijuana.

"Even if found innocent he can be dragged through a slow a costly legal process.

"Corrupt police informants have been used by the prosecution to upgrade possession charges to that of drug dealing."

She added: "The US State Department needs to ensure that its citizens who visit the UAE are safe from legal abuse."

He is now on a 'no fly list' and has to remain in Dubai until prosecutors come to a verdict Credit: YouTube/Detained in Dubai

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 11-4-2021 09:50 PM | Show all posts
ada sesiapa yang menyimpan angan2 di Amsterdam tak?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-4-2021 11:27 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Punat_button replied at 11-4-2021 09:50 PM

Musim covid takleh rentas negara.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2021 12:58 AM | Show all posts

ada grey house ke sana? tak baik! haram!

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2021 04:34 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

iols la tu teringin nk makan kek berperisa seaWEED.. hehe..

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2021 07:49 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
TCJ selamba je dgn bangga selit rokok weed dh digolong kat tangan

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 12-4-2021 10:39 AM | Show all posts
Dubai ni walaupon nampak mesra westerners tetap xboleh lari dripada bayang2 arab jua. Takziah sis.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2021 12:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Bodoh lah nak dakwa just because the drug is in your system. Ini semua nak bagi senang kerja sebab nak prove orang amik dadah tu near impossible jadi guna circumstantial evidence.  What if kalau ko amik ubat yang diluluskan di negara lain lepas tu tak boleh masuk negara yang mengharamkan ubat tu ka?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 03:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072027 second(s), 40 queries .