CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 8469|Reply: 28

[Dunia] Negara Israel Tidak Pernah Wujud, Setuju Atau Tidak?

[Copy link]
Post time 20-5-2021 10:55 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Several years ago, I suggested in my students' union newspaper that Israel shouldn't exist. I also said the sympathy evoked by the Holocaust was a very handy cover for Israeli atrocities. Overnight I became public enemy number one. I was a Muslim fundamentalist, a Jew-hater, somebody who trivialised the memory of the most abominable act in history. My denouncers followed me, photographed me, and even put telephone calls through to my family telling them to expect a call from the grim reaper.
Thankfully, my notoriety in Jewish circles has since waned to the extent that recently I gave an inter-faith lecture sponsored by the Leo Baeck College, even though my views have remained the same. Israel has no right to exist. I know it's a hugely unfashionable thing to say and one which, given the current parlous state of the peace process, some will also find irresponsible. But it's a fact that I have always considered central to any genuine peace formula.
Advertisement

Certainly there is no moral case for the existence of Israel. Israel stands as the realisation of a biblical statement. Its raison d'être was famously delineated by former prime minister Golda Meir. "This country exists as the accomplishment of a promise made by God Himself. It would be absurd to call its legitimacy into account."
That biblical promise is Israel's only claim to legitimacy. But whatever God meant when he promised Abraham that "unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the Euphrates," it is doubtful that he intended it to be used as an excuse to take by force and chicanery a land lawfully inhabited and owned by others.
It does no good to anyone to brush this fact, uncomfortable as it might be, under the table. But that has been the failing with Oslo. When it signed the agreement, the PLO made the cardinal error of assuming that you could bury the hatchet by rewriting history. It accepted as a starting point that Israel had a right to exist. The trouble with this was that it also meant, by extension, an acceptance that the way Israel came into being was legitimate. As the latest troubles have shown, ordinary Palestinians are not prepared to follow their leaders in this feat of intellectual amnesia.
Israel's other potential claim to legitimacy, international recognition, is just as dubious. The two pacts which sealed Palestine's future were both concluded by Britain. First we signed the Sykes-Picot agreement with France, pledging to divvy up Ottoman spoils in the Levant. A year later, in 1917, the Balfour Declaration promised a national home for the Jewish people. Under international law the declaration was null and void since Palestine did not belong to Britain - under the pact of the League of Nations it belonged to Turkey.
By the time the UN accepted a resolution on the partition of Palestine in 1947, Jews constituted 32% of the population and owned 5.6% of the land. By 1949, largely as a result of paramilitary organisations such as the Haganah, Irgun and Stern gang, Israel controlled 80% of Palestine and 770,000 non-Jews had been expelled from their country.
This then is the potted history of the iniquities surrounding its own birth that Israel must acknowledge in order for peace to have a chance. After years of war, peace comes from forgiving, not forgetting; people never forget but they have an extraordinary capacity to forgive. Just look at South Africa, which showed the world that a cathartic truth must precede reconciliation.
Far from being a force for liberation and safety after decades of suffering, the idea that Israel is some kind of religious birthright has only imprisoned Jews in a never-ending cycle of conflict. The "promise" breeds an arrogance which institutionalises the inferiority of other peoples and generates atrocities against them with alarming regularity. It allows soldiers to defy their consciences and blast unarmed schoolchildren. It gives rise to legislation seeking to prevent the acquisition of territory by non-Jews.
More crucially, the promise limits Israel's capacity to seek models of coexistence based on equality and the respect of human rights. A state based on so exclusivist a claim to legitimacy cannot but conceive of separation as a solution. But separation is not the same as lasting peace; it only pulls apart warring parties. It does not heal old wounds, let alone redress historical wrongs.
However, take away the biblical right and suddenly mutual coexistence, even a one-state solution, doesn't seem that far-fetched. What name that coexistence will take is less important than the fact that peoples have forgiven and that some measure of justice has been restored. Jews will continue to live in the Holy Land - as per the promise - as equals alongside its other rightful inhabitants.
If that kind of self-reproach is forthcoming, Israel can expect the Palestinians to be forgiving and magnanimous in return. The alternative is perpetual war.
Faisal Bodi is a Muslim journalist.

Single Polls, Total 63 Users voted
87.30% (55)
9.52% (6)
3.17% (2)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2021 11:24 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 02:38 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
https://www.facebook.com/100002233437761/posts/4324910847593320/

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 02:40 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
WakBooyot replied at 20-5-2021 02:38 PM
https://www.facebook.com/100002233437761/posts/4324910847593320/

Ni pn falta penting...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 09:28 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thread tak laku ini tutup aja la....

Kahkahkahkahkahkah

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 10:16 PM | Show all posts
pergilah tengok ig capriceofficial sekarang, heshe tengah berdiskusi dengan retis/influencer Israel pompuan. Baru start 10pm ni. Pompuan tu macam bimbo jah tak reti cakap. Meols terus off.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-5-2021 10:19 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
itu adalah satu fuckta yg menarik

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 10:50 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
hyie replied at 20-5-2021 10:16 PM
pergilah tengok ig capriceofficial sekarang, heshe tengah berdiskusi dengan retis/influencer Israel  ...

Yg haritu pun bimbo gak....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2021 11:37 PM | Show all posts
Rogue98 replied at 20-5-2021 10:50 PM
Yg haritu pun bimbo gak....

maksud chuols, sebelum ni pon caprice ada buat live dengan minah isra-el pasal ni jugak? yang kali ni ala2 minah tu kata arab yang start dulu serang isra-el, pastu isra-el balas balik dengan perang, dan menang, so terus automatik sapa memang dapat tanah tu. Sebab sebelum tu diorang takda tanah untuk penempatan (sebelum 1948). Caprice tanya, maksudnya u setuju ke kalau rumah u yang u dah duduk ala2 tigapuluh tahun gitu pastu tetiba ada orang asing datang ketuk pintu dan halau u dari rumah tu on the spot? minah tu jawab im not the one to answer that bla2...sesambil mulut herot taktau nak jawab apa minah tu nampak muda lagi ala2 baya iman troye agaknya...indirectly dia pon menyokong peperangan...like seriously?

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 01:30 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
hyie replied at 20-5-2021 11:37 PM
maksud chuols, sebelum ni pon caprice ada buat live dengan minah isra-el pasal ni jugak? yang kali ...

Haah...few days ago ..rasanye ada kat ig caprice lagi...or is it the same person I tak sure. Pemikiran diaorang ni dah fix mcm tu ckp apa pun x guna sbb bimbo..

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 02:36 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
mmg x wujud. dulu pun payah nk tgk penyertaan diorg dlm international sports event. skrg dah merata2. masalahnya ko wakil negara yg x wujud? tu sume nk brainwash the world abt their existence.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 03:33 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nasib tun m reject depa masuk sini utk skn

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 07:48 AM | Show all posts
Zionis laknat wajar dihapuskan dari bumi.  Mereka merosakkan seluruh hidupan.  

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 08:00 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I vote for tak wujud, and not because as a muslim dan Malaysian citizen yang bersentimen menyokong anti-keganasan terhadap Palestineans, tapi sebab memang sejarah dah buktikan Israelites adalah pelarian Holocaust yang asalnya dibawa masuk menumpang di bumi kediaman Palestin.
So memang itu bukan tanah milik mereka to begin with.  

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 08:16 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Aku heran takda sapa berani bom israhell tu biar musnah semua Yahudi. Kecik je PON tanah Dorang menumpang.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 09:59 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sedunia boikot barang israel takkan ada efek kat mereka sebab usa tetap akan bagi dana.

setuju atau idak?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-5-2021 11:47 AM | Show all posts
hitler menjalankan penghapusan etnik terhadap yahudi ni...so dr situ kita tahu betapa bencananya bangsa yahudi ini

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 12:31 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ifanonline replied at 21-5-2021 11:47 AM
hitler menjalankan penghapusan etnik terhadap yahudi ni...so dr situ kita tahu betapa bencananya ban ...

Bukan ke Hitler bunuh kaum dia sendiri?

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 01:05 PM | Show all posts
memang tak wujud pun israel tu... british la gigih bagi tanah dekat israel untuk bina penempata di palestin disebabkan oleh perang dunia 1 dan 2 yang membuatkan yahudi jadi pelarian...

takde hitler, takde perang dunia = takde israel

persis rohingya tu la jadi pelarian lari ke sini... perangai pun sama cuma satu herlok dan satu lagi tak herlok...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2021 01:11 PM | Show all posts
dudaberhias replied at 21-5-2021 01:05 PM
memang tak wujud pun israel tu... british la gigih bagi tanah dekat israel untuk bina penempata di p ...

hg lupa point paling penting... yakni salah utama Ottoman... dah tahu lemah longlai.. p masok WW1 apa pasal... pasal depa kalah perang laa British & France bahagi tanah2 empire Ottoman termasok bumi bernama Palestin ..

Tapi pada masa tu Palestin kaa Palestik kaa takda wujud pun... West Bank + Baitulmaqdis/Jurusalem under Jordan... Gaza under Egypt... pasai depa kalah perang 6 hari tu baru kena jajah oleh Israel... mencicit pak ereb Jordan & Egypt tinggalkan org2 di situ sambil2 cuci tangan...  

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 09:22 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.284349 second(s), 49 queries .