CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 871|Reply: 1

Sivasangari tewas di Manchester

[Copy link]
Post time 13-8-2021 08:20 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
SQUASH player S. Sivasangari feels she is still on the right track despite bowing out in the Manchester Open quarter-finals on Wednesday.

The national No 3, who scalped Egypt's world No 12 Rowan Elaraby a day earlier, met her match in world No 6 Sarah-Jane Perry of England.

The Kedahan, who is ranked world No 36, put up a good fight against second seed Sarah-Jane but her lack of experience at the highest level showed as she succumbed 3-11, 9-11, 10-12 in 34 minutes.

Sarah-Jane went on to face Wales' third seed Tesni Evans, who beat Belgium's Nele Gilis 11-7, 8-11, 11-8, 11-8, in the semi-finals.

Though disappointed to fall short, Sivasangari will feel comforted that she had made a mini breakthrough by reaching the last eight of a World Tour Silver event.

"I think Sarah-Jane played really well and I wasn't quite at my best," admitted Sivasangari.

"She was more adjusted to the court while I was struggling to find the back corners especially in the first game.

"Things didn't go my way and it was quite disappointing but I hope to come back stronger in the next tournament," added Sivasangari whose next tournament is the British Open from Aug 16-22.

Squash Racquets Association of Malaysia director Major (rtd) S. Maniam said: "She has shown a lot of maturity despite losing in the quarter-finals and she is starting to stand on her own feet against top 10 players.

"She probably just needs to play at this level more and has to be more assertive on court, going forward.

"Right now, the top players mostly dictate the pace against her but with a bit more confidence and experience, she can do it too.

"I say she's definitely on the right path and it's good for us because she's developing into a player we can count on to lead in team events."

NST

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-8-2021 08:21 AM | Show all posts

S. Sivasangari (right) in action against Sarah-Jane Perry in the Manchester Open quarter-finals. Pic courtesy of SquashSite

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

10-5-2024 03:23 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057321 second(s), 32 queries .