Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: nightlord

Should Muslim women cover their face?

[Copy link]
Post time 18-9-2004 10:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 2004-9-18 01:05:
It is very sad to see in this thread that a serious discussion were only treated seriously by non-muslims. Thank you FH3 for your post.

Neostream if you dont want to discuss this topic, jangan p ...

because your personality in this forum does not reflect that you want a serious discussion.  Instead always end up with a prejudice statement.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-9-2004 10:55 PM | Show all posts
Here is just a good example:

The muslim forumners here are on the defensive is because the urban Malay knows they have lost their roots and is trying to find their way back.

As I have said many times in other topics here, being Malay has lost alot of meaning in the urban setting.

Use magic Report

deepjunior This user has been deleted
Post time 18-9-2004 11:47 PM | Show all posts
Anwer: Culture

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-9-2004 12:44 AM | Show all posts
To muslims beauty=lust.

A beautiful woman is only for the bed. No need to think about her intellectual capacity, her opinion and her identity as a person.

When I said whether it is compulsory for a woman to cover her face, I meant it as a topic where some of you can come up and say, no it is not necessary because..... OR it is compulsory because.....

All I hear is narrow-minded statements like one PAS guy who said beautiful women are not allowed to work and must stay at home or else these girls may distract(arouse?) her office mates and of course the BOSS.

You guys sound just like that.

And you guys said how fair Islam treated women in my other thread regarding the role of women in Islam.

Am I being prejudiced here Ibnur because I am not.

If you guys want to discuss a thread than be sincere as a person. Dont hide behind your nicks, and issue nonsensical statements that has no value to any one wishing to read it.

Am I criticizing you. Yes I am.

Because I think women should be treated better than what you guys are posting in your answers.

nightlord

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-9-2004 12:16 AM | Show all posts
Well no takers from the protectors of the virtues of muslim women?

nightlord

Use magic Report

Post time 22-9-2004 04:24 AM | Show all posts
Arab men are so jealous if someone else looking their wives faces (eg making eye contact), that's why they want their wives to cover face. Some Arabs or Muslim women covers their face voluntarily because they dont want man to stare at them. It has nothing to do with Islam. Women can wear whatever they want, it's their right!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-9-2004 10:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by rami_ayyash at 2004-9-22 04:24 AM:
Women can wear whatever they want, it's their right!

Only free womens can wear whatever they want but not muslim womens. They are bonded by Muhammad's dress code. I already shown the verses from Quran that specify that muslim women have limitation in their choice. They must cover their "aurat"... compulsory. Aurat is basically what ever part of women that turns on a man... even a women's voice is considered as her "aurat" by some muslim hardcore.

In the cradle of Islam, citizen of Mecca and surrounding area, the muslim women get to wear a very unattractive black cloth to cover thier whole body.

The freedom of the ancient Arab women enjoyed by women like Khatijah (Mohd's 1st wife), was distroyed by Muhammad and his followers.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-9-2004 11:55 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 2004-9-22 10:16 AM:

Only free womens can wear whatever they want but not muslim womens. They are bonded by Muhammad's dress code. I already shown the verses from Quran that specify that muslim women ...

Really, I am amazed at the such profounded IGNORANCE by the poster. How can he say that women before the coming of Islam were "better off" then? Let's take the (un)Holy Babble for example. It is stated that a women who bears a son is unclean for one month, but if she bears a daughter, she is unclean for TWO MONTHS. In Islam, the "unclean" period is only for 30 days, regardless whether a woman bears a boy or a girl. Now tell me how is this proof that women were "better off" before the coming of ISLAM? :hmm:

And this is one example. There are TONS more where this comes from....

- MENJ

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-9-2004 11:56 PM | Show all posts
Holy cow, you are counting DAYS to explain whether a woman is better off before and after.

sheesh, you must be able to do better than that.

If any female muslim forumner were to read you thread, they'll laugh themselves silly....lol

nightlord

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2004 12:18 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 2004-9-24 23:56:
Holy cow, you are counting DAYS to explain whether a woman is better off before and after.

If any female muslim forumner were to read you thre ...

U don't even know what the subject....    :lol

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 25-9-2004 12:18 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 2004-9-24 11:56 PM:

If any female muslim forumner were to read you thre ...

Trying to be humorous, when you are only laughing at yourself huh Nightlord? :hmm:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-9-2004 12:59 AM | Show all posts
Well, wont you be laughing if someone who is supposed to be championing the cause starts giving silly examples like days off during menstrual period as a wholesome BENEFIT TO MUSLIM WOMEN.

I THINK ITS FUNNY. DONT YOU.:lol

nightlord

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2004 03:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 25-9-2004 12:59 AM:
Well, wont you be laughing if someone who is supposed to be championing the cause starts giving silly examples like days off during menstrual period as a wholesome BENEFIT TO MUSLIM WOMEN.

I THI ...

ff:
Interesting character,nightlord.........I'll b watching......so far have not reach my level yet....once U do...then I'll b there...up..up and away.....zoom

Use magic Report

Post time 26-9-2004 03:15 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by MENJ at 2004-9-22 11:55 AM:
Really, I am amazed at the such profounded IGNORANCE by the poster. How can he say that women before the coming of Islam were "better off" then? Let's take the (un)Holy Babble for exa ...

Menj,
Frankly, i think Muslims don't know the meaning of IGNORANCE. So it dosn't matter what you say about me.

Anyhow, lets just listen to what Muhammad said about women.

Hadith Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0142:
Messenger of Allah observed:
"O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell."

A wise lady among them said:
"Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell?"

Upon this the Holy Prophet observed:
"You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses."
"I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you."

Upon this the woman remarked:
"What is wrong with our common sense and with religion?"

He (the Holy Prophet) observed:
"Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense,"
"and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion."

Yo womens, you are stupid cos' your evidence is only half that of a man's... says the wise Arabian. and why is the evidence of a women is only half of a men? cos' Stone Cold Muhammad said so.
:bgrin:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 33:
The Prophet said, "After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women."

Ahh now we know why Arabian women cover their whole body when they go out...

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 32:
Allah's Apostle said, "If at all there is bad omen, it is in the horse, the woman, and the house."

Lets see... women are stupid because they are only worth half of a men, women are harmful to men and evil omen is in women. Anymore ? Ahh, women are crooked.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 113:
Allah's Apostle said, "The woman is like a rib; if you try to straighten her, she will break. So if you want to get benefit from her, do so while she still has some crookedness."

Fulamak... what a great wisdom.

Use magic Report

spatiphyllum This user has been deleted
Post time 26-9-2004 03:33 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 17-9-2004 02:14 AM:
Since it is due to sandstorm, which I may agree, how do some countries like Afghanistan & Nigeria make it a religious attire? If it is not compulsory, then they are wrong to force people to cover their face. Hope I don't see Casper & friends here in Malaysia.

:lol :lol ...sorry just can't help it.

Personally I do not have any problem with these women covering their face as long as they do it by their own free will. It just that sometimes when I see them I just wondered " Tak panas ke? "  and hope they do not have problem breathing.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2004 07:18 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 18-9-2004 01:05 AM:
It is very sad to see in this thread that a serious discussion were only treated seriously by non-muslims.

Neostream if you dont want to discuss this topic, jangan post ...

hahahhaha
kecoh sungguh dia ni

aku tak kira, aku nak post jugak

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 28-9-2004 11:43 PM | Show all posts
As usual neostream, showing your childish side again.:lol

nightlord

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2004 06:30 AM | Show all posts

Off Topic

Revealing hospital gowns redesigned to protect Muslim women's modesty

PORTLAND, Maine Anybody who's ever worn one can attest to it -- hospital gowns are drafty, revealing and sometimes downright embarrassing.

But to modest Muslim women wearing such a garment is an unthinkable indignity.

When officials at Maine Medical Center in Portland discovered many Muslim women were so ashamed they were canceling doctor visits, the hospital took action.

It redesigned the standard gown to provide extra coverage.

The new gown is long enough to cover a patient's legs and it has extra material to ensure that a patient's backside remains covered. Underneath, there's a wraparound sarong for even more coverage.

Other hospitals are also responding to Muslim needs. The University of Michigan Medical Center says it's considering putting signs on the rooms of Muslim women, warning male visitors and staff to check with a nurse's station before entering.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Thank you very very much .. shame on you france!

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2004 09:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 2004-9-26 03:15 AM:

Menj,
Frankly, i think Muslims don't know the meaning of IGNORANCE. So it dosn't matter what you say about me.

Anyhow, lets just listen to what Muhammad said about women.

H ...

FaithHealer;

You can misquote and rip the hadiths you cited out of its context all you want. I believe that there are tons of websites that answers your insinuated allegations, if you care to look.

For example, about the report stating that women would be a majority in Hell. That is just a report stating what the Prophet (P) saw during his Night Journey (Isra' Mi'raj) to the Highest Heavens. It DOES NOT AT ALL allude to the status of women in Islam. This is merely one example, I am sure tons more could be said if you bother to drop your myopia about Islam and see things objectively.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2004 09:33 AM | Show all posts
And next, we come to the issue of face-covering (niqab) which the Islamophobes in this thread are so fond of discussing. The simple fact of the matter is that there is NO CONSENSUS amongst scholars as regard to whether the face-cover is compulsory or otherwise. However, all agree that the hijab (or tudung as we call it here) is COMPULSORY.

Now I hope you guys can stop all this stupid bickering about face-covers and the sort. This is an issue which deals with the jurisprudence of Islam and DOES NOT CONCERN NON-MUSLIMS at all.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

10-5-2024 06:41 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088550 second(s), 42 queries .