CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 22325|Reply: 163

Has the Quran been altered?

[Copy link]
Post time 6-1-2005 01:10 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
The Quran was finalised 70 years after the death of Muhammad.

In order to maintain their power over the people, did the initial caretakers change the Quran to suite their personal aims?

Did this produce the many interpretations of the Quran producing many sects that now exist.

NIGHTLORD

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-1-2005 01:39 AM | Show all posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Quranic verses were compiled 24 yrs after the prophet's death. Regarding the different sects, it got nothing to do with the Holy Quran. Different interpretations could be due to people love to mould the Word of God for their own interests - maybe due to greed, different political ideologies etc.

Anyway, the same happens to any religions. Even the Christians have different sects & different versions of the Bible.

Use magic Report

Adm_Cheng_Ho This user has been deleted
Post time 6-1-2005 04:54 PM | Show all posts
I'm not very sure about. I often see Sunnis and Shias posting contradicting Koranic quotes to discredit each other. I didn't study about it so it would be better if you ask the Sunnis and then the Shias. Then compare.

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 6-1-2005 05:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 2005-1-6 04:54 PM:
I'm not very sure about. I often see Sunnis and Shias posting contradicting Koranic quotes to discredit each other. I didn't study about it so it would be better if you ask the Sunnis and then the  ...

Show us the proof.

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 6-1-2005 05:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 2005-1-6 01:10 AM:
The Quran was finalised 70 years after the death of Muhammad.

In order to maintain their power over the people, did the initial caretakers change the Quran to suite their personal aims?

Did t ...

You must remember that the Qur'an has been memorized by heart & recited [The word Qur'an means 'Recitation'] (and it still is and will forever be), word for word, pause per pause, full stop per full stop, right from the time it was revealed to the holy prophet and verified.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 6-1-2005 at 05:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2005 07:12 PM | Show all posts
Nope, Quran never been altered. The teaching is altered to suit situation.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-1-2005 07:55 PM | Show all posts
the qoran never been altered, but different people MIGHT have different interpretation of the qoran.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2005 08:59 PM | Show all posts
Different from Quran, The Bible got many versions but the teaching never been altered. It was same since Jesus came.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-1-2005 09:17 PM | Show all posts
The Quran has many versions too, I have at least 3 versions with me.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2005 09:39 PM | Show all posts
Well, they know best. Muslim says never altered then never lor. Versions only not altered, just what we claim Bible also, versions only not altered but muslim claim so because in was stated in Quran. Quran claim that Bible was altered and Quran is replacing Bible. Since then YHWH was ALLAH according to Quran.Remember that YHWH was Jew because they cannot accept other race to embrace YHWH. Since Quran, YHWH no more jew, he convert name to ALLAH.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2005 09:54 PM | Show all posts

Eat my shorts!

I have read too many in so many forums. Some of the great debates I've seen between Sunnis and Shias had been lost.

Here are some of it that I found:
http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42771
http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45622
http://understanding-islam.com/r ... estion&qid=2608
http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46206

Even in your friend, Menj's Bismikaallahuma forum has bicker between Shias and Sunnis.

However, people like you don't need proof. You will twist it anyway to invalidate anyone you disagree with. Pointless!

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2005 11:44 PM | Show all posts
Nope, Quran never been altered but the teaching was altered according to situation. Too many until you duno which one isthe right one because Quran was "blur" then? just follow "word by word, inch by inch in the Quran". Everything is sacred, forget where it leads to, the important thing is that the word never changed.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-1-2005 01:37 AM | Show all posts
Hey you muslims, have you played a childrens' game before where one child whispers in the ear of the next child a sentence and this is passed round a ring of 20 odd children, and when the message returns back to the original child, the message gets twisted out of its original context, and its a howl to hear the last child repeat the "supposed" message.

Every man who transmitted the quran is very much a man with his own desires and ambitions, and telling a story better has always been an unresistable urge. Remember the people who transmitted the Quran were very very human.

How can the muslims claim the quran is pure when at least the first 70 years had been transmitted by word of mouth???:stp: And the muslim claim that their version of the original QURAN was never lost and had been the same for the last 1400 years.

I say to you, THERE WAS NEVER AN ORIGINAL VERSION OF QURAN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

After twisting and turning for 70 years, then someone decided it was time to write it down.

And that man has all the liberties to do whatever he pleases with the "FIRST" version of the Quran.

NIGHTLORD

[ Last edited by nightlord on 7-1-2005 at 01:40 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2005 03:23 AM | Show all posts
Hey Nighty, I too always use that whisper game analogy. I think it's a good experiment to prove something.

Einard, i think it is useless. Sunnis say this verse mean this. Shias say this verse mean that. I've seen too many of it. I just get very confused. However, I have the perception that a Shia is more likely to successfully convert a Sunni.

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 7-1-2005 07:47 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ashna at 6-1-2005 07:55 PM:
the qoran never been altered, but different people MIGHT have different interpretation of the qoran.

so you say...so you say

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2005 07:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 6-1-2005 09:54 PM:
I have read too many in so many forums. Some of the great debates I've seen between Sunnis and Shias had been lost.

Here are some of it that I found:
[url]http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.ph ...

where is kennkid?? the kennkid i know will respond to this post almost immediately.

[ Last edited by me on 7-1-2005 at 07:51 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-1-2005 07:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 7-1-2005 01:37 AM:
Hey you muslims, have you played a childrens' game before where one child whispers in the ear of the next child a sentence and this is passed round a ring of 20 odd children, and when the message returns back to the original child, the message gets twisted out of its original context, and its a howl to hear the last child repeat the "supposed" message.

Every man who transmitted the quran is very much a man with his own desires and ambitions, and telling a story better has always been an unresistable urge. Remember the people who transmitted the Quran were very very human.

i played that game before...damn it sure hard to get the same message as the first...

Use magic Report

Mat Kampong This user has been deleted
Post time 7-1-2005 08:06 AM | Show all posts

BRIEF HISTORY OF COMPILATION OF THE QURAN

During the life of the Prophet (saas) (570-632 CE)
The Prophet (saas) used to recite the Qur'an before angel Jibreel (Gabriel)once every Ramadan, but he recited it twice (in the same order we have today) in the last Ramadan before his death. Jibreel also taught the Prophet(saas) the seven modes of recitation.
Each verse received was recited by the Prophet, and its location relative to other verses and surahs was identified by him.
The verses were written by scribes, selected by the Prophet, on any suitable object - the leaves of trees, pieces of wood, parchment or leather, flat stones, and shoulder blades. Scribes included Ali Ibn Abi Talib, Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan, Ubey Ibn Ka'ab, Zayed Ibn Thabit.
Some of the companions wrote the Qur'an for their own use.
Several hundred companions memorized the Qur'an by heart.

During the caliphate of Abu Bakar (632-634 CE)
Umar Ibn Al-Khattab urged Abu Bakar to preserve and compile the Qur'an. This was prompted after the battle of Yamamah, where heavy casualties were suffered among the reciters who memorized the Qur'an.
Abu Bakar entrusted Zayed Ibn Thabit with the task of collecting the Qur'an. Zayed had been present during the last recitation of the Qur'an by the Prophet to Angel Jibreel (Gabriel).
Zayed, with the help of the companions who memorized and wrote verses of the Qur'an, accomplished the task and handed Abu Bakr the first authenticated copy of the Qur'an. The copy was kept in the residence of Hafsah, daughter of Umar and wife of the Prophet.

During the caliphate of Uthman (644-656 CE)
Uthman ordered Zayed Ibn Thabit, Abdullah Ibn Al Zubayr, Saeed Ibn Al-Aas, and Abdur-Rahman Ibn Harith Ibn Hisham to make perfect copies of the authenticated copy kept with Hafsa. This was due to the rapid expansion of the Islamic state and concern about differences in recitation.
Copies were sent to various places in the Muslim world. The original copy was returned to Hafsa (wife of Prophet Muhammad saw and daughter of Umar Ibn Al-Khattab), and a copy was kept in Madinah.

THREE STAGES OF DOTTING AND DIACRITIZATION
Dots were put as syntactical marks by Abu Al-Aswad Al Doaly, during the time of Mu'awiya Ibn Abi Sufian (661-680 CE).
The letters were marked with different dotting by Nasr Ibn Asem and Hayy ibn Ya'amor, during the time of Abd Al-Malek Ibn Marawan (685-705 CE).
A complete system of diacritical marks (damma, fataha, kasra) was invented by Al Khaleel Ibn Ahmad Al Faraheedy (d. 786 CE).

Use magic Report

Mat Kampong This user has been deleted
Post time 7-1-2005 08:27 AM | Show all posts

PROTECTION OF THE QURAN

[quote]By: MAULANA WAHIDUDDIN KHAN
The Jews were commanded by God to preserve their holy book, the Torah. The responsibility for preserving these early divine scriptures thus fell to their followers, whereas it was God who Himself shouldered the burden of keeping the Qur'an intact:
'We have, without doubt, sent down the Message, and We will assuredly guard it.' (Qur'an 15:9)

Earlier scriptures were books of God just as the Qur'an was. The only difference was that the bearers of those books failed in their task of preserving them, and hence they lost their original qualities.  As for the Qur'an, God having taken it upon Himself to provide His special divine succour for its safeguarding, it remained in its pristine state.

This, however, does not mean that angels will descend from heaven in order to keep the Qur'an under their protection. The present world being one of trial, the realities of the next world remain hidden from us in this life. It can therefore never happen that the angels will virtually come down in order to guard the Qur'an.  All such things are achieved in this world under normal and not extraordinary circumstances. Here this task is to be performed by us normal human beings, and through historical processes, without the veil of the unseen being lifted. Events throughout human history bear out God's fulfillment of His promise

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2005 08:37 AM | Show all posts
owned.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 06:02 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.095539 second(s), 49 queries .