CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 16608|Reply: 129

Lesson from Aceh tragedy

[Copy link]
Post time 2-2-2005 05:13 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi friends, more than one month I've ben missing from this forum. I'm in Sumatra Indonesia now, I rarely go on-line because at home the connection quite slow and the internet cost is quite expensive nearly RM5/hour!. Really cekik darah. And in cybercafe quite cheap about RM3/hour and painstakingly slow too, there is no broadband in my area yet.

Regarding Aceh (or now since autonomy they change the name to Province Nangroe Aceh) I follow up the news everyday and since there is a special news TV similar with CNN here I just fix my TV to this channel, they broadcast live the tragedy right from Aceh. It was very gruesome when you see tsunami and bodies everywhere, and in some cities, as far as you can see the land is become plain, no human structure is standing anymore, only rubble and some trees.

The earthquake itself was quite powerful where people saying as they were in roller coaster, and all people ran out of home and offices and gather at the street, while they gather at street 15minutes later the tsunami wipe them out, I watched on TV from amateurs video, I dont know whether in Malaysia the TV showed this. The water so fast and powerful, ship, boat, cars like feather in the wind wipe by this giant stream, only the lucky ones who nearby tall building and high trees able to survive.

In Banda Aceh (the capital city of Aceh) half of the city is gone, but the main mosque is free from damage although most nearby structure collapse or gone, in Calang the entire city is gone, and miraculously the mosque still standing, in Lhok Nga and Melaboh where most people died and most building gone again miraculously the mosque standing although only few meters from the sea. All the mosque in all city and kampong wiped out by tsunami still standing. This is the miracle from god, although it is difficult to accept by logic.

I just saying this because this is religion forum, and I think this is something for us to think about, I believe this is a message from Allah. We human are too weak and Allah is the most powerful, He can destroy anything and can save whatever He wants. This is a "cobaan" from Him, and hopefully we can take a lesson from this tragedy. Now I guess nearly 200,000 people dead and missing in Indonesia, not yet counting Sri Lanka, India, Thailand etc.

Be grateful because Malaysia is still save.

C U

Kid

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-2-2005 06:19 PM | Show all posts
>>>In Banda Aceh (the capital city of Aceh) half of the city is gone, but the main mosque is free from damage although most nearby structure collapse or gone, in Calang the entire city is gone, and miraculously the mosque still standing, in Lhok Nga and Melaboh where most people died and most building gone again miraculously the mosque standing although only few meters from the sea. All the mosque in all city and kampong wiped out by tsunami still standing. This is the miracle from god, although it is difficult to accept by logic.
<<<

that is no miracle - this has been discussed ad nauseum. ad infinitum.
the was statue of Ghandi on the east coast of india which was similarly untouched amidst utter destruction and the indians were similarly amazed.

half of banda acheh got swept away because they used rickety wooden materials but the mosque was built using studier materials and more cement as the workmen probably didn't want to skim on the monument of god. that is the logic. not some hidden hand which saved a useless deserted building when half the population were swept into the abyss.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2005 07:55 PM | Show all posts
There was one wooden mosque in Sigli that was spared too and that mosque was not as sturdy as the others. In fact many cement structured buildings were levelled too by the pounding Tsunami waves.

ARI FUZZMAN

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2005 08:04 PM | Show all posts
RedChaSiew wrote: half of banda acheh got swept away because they used rickety wooden materials but the mosque was built using studier materials and more cement as the workmen probably didn't want to skim on the monument of god. that is the logic. not some hidden hand which saved a useless deserted building when half the population were swept into the abyss.

A Mosque in Teunom, near Banda Aceh, Indonesia

A Mosque  in a district of Banda Aceh, Aceh province, western Indonesia

A Mosque in Keude Teunom, Aceh province in northwestern Indonesia.

A damaged, yet still standing  mosque near the city of Banda Aceh, on the northern part of the Indonesian island of Sumatra.

A mosque in the town of Meulaboh in Aceh province.

A mosque in the city of Banda Aceh, Indonesia.

And this one's taken from Turkey.

One or two maybe we can accept but the majority of the mosques still standing is truly miraculous. You can see mosques built on water edges that took the full brunt of the Tsunami might. Tell me the probable ratio of cement brick buildings surviving such Tsunami might?

ARI FUZZMAN

[ Last edited by Fuzzman on 2-2-2005 at 09:33 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2005 08:06 PM | Show all posts
SIGNS ?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2005 09:38 PM | Show all posts
RedChaSiew wrote: that is no miracle - this has been discussed ad nauseum. ad infinitum. the was statue of Ghandi on the east coast of india which was similarly untouched amidst utter destruction and the indians were similarly amazed.

Compare a statue and a building. Which has more resistence to an opposing kinetic force?  Of course physics will tell you that a larger surface area will naturally bear more assault when compared to a statue whose surface area is able to sustain any amount of opposing kinetic force unleashed upon it. However it would be a miracle if a statue could fall under a wave assault?

ARI FUZZMAN

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-2-2005 11:16 PM | Show all posts
Banda Aceh  will be gone forever. even they rebuild it will be cover with flood soon

The end think come like flood.

Think

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2005 11:43 PM | Show all posts
Firstly, where is that wooden mosque?

If it was divine protection, why was allah only concerned abt protecting a building when thousands of his believers are killed all around? Allah more interested to save object than people? Maybe Allah needs to send his head for a check up if kid and Fuzzy's logic holds.

peace

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-2-2005 02:11 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at  11:43 PM:

If it was divine protection, why was allah only concerned abt protecting a building when thousands of his believers are killed all around? Allah mor ...

no lah, allah is showing that the mosque is greater than  his followers who performs 5x prayer, fast, performing hajj yet they all drowned.  hmmm make me wonder  what allah going to do next since another awful flood going to come soon.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2005 02:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at  05:13 PM:
Hi friends, more than one month I've ben missing from this forum. I'm in Sumatra Indonesia now, I rarely go on-line because at home the connection quite slow and the internet cost is quite expensiv ...

so now u understood the meaning of Flood ?

remember my posting on 19/12/04 (sunday) yet u challenged me to explaine on the topic :

The end time come like flood

The flood indeed educate u on 26/12/04 (sunday).

Next time if u know the answere, don't pretend to ask.

I hope this minor flood make u 'kesedaran'. what happened big flood?

Think

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2005 10:10 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2-2-2005 11:43 PM:

If it was divine protection, why was allah only concerned abt protecting a building when thousands of his believers are killed all around? Allah mor ...

You have to understand the concept of death and alive. Everybody will die sooner or later including yourself. if today one person dies the same day another person is born. this is what we called as an evolution of life. isnt it beautiful that Allah creates such a concept that today science has to agree with  it. Those who believe there's a lasting place after life and unafraid to die will never question why Allah concerns about protecting a building when thousands of his believers are killed all around. Think logically, If Allah destroys the building of course it can never be used by people that still alive.

[ Last edited by babybueno on 3-2-2005 at 10:12 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2005 10:24 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2-2-2005 11:43 PM:

Correct me if im wrong, i was being informed by someone the wooden mosque in kedah that was built outskirts of the river still in a good shape and amazingly the carpet was still dry while the other buildings surround the mosque were mostly destroyed.

[ Last edited by babybueno on 4-2-2005 at 07:56 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2005 11:11 AM | Show all posts
Where is the evidence for what you claimed?

If it was divine protection, why was allah only concerned abt protecting a building when thousands of his believers are killed all around? Allah more interested to save object than people?

Use magic Report

whitepig This user has been deleted
Post time 3-2-2005 11:25 AM | Show all posts
what the...

this has already been discussed with plenty of pix here
http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... ;page=1&fpage=5

if god only wants to save buildings - he is indeed a strange god.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2005 11:32 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by whitepig at  11:25 AM:
if god only wants to save buildings - he is indeed a strange god.

u are rite, maybe this strange god goes for material things than human life.:hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2005 06:44 PM | Show all posts
Well, I do not think it in that way...

Perhaps, for us it is cruel that God left the drowning Achehnese just like that... However, who are us to fathom the plans of God?

Perhaps, just perhaps, some conclusion could be made....

=================================

The mosque (or temple or Church) is not a property that belongs to a community... though it was biult by them. Mosques are House of God, so it is not peculiar if God hows His SIGNS by the *mosque miracle* (sa to say).

This perhpas is a reminder, not to the Achehnese, but to us all, too. Over the previous years, the Indonesians is *bred* with conflicts... Perhaps, just perhaps, this is a reminder to their Government and those GAM, where priorities should be put.

===================================

I can't say a lot to this topic, but God has stated in the Qur'an, if He is to call upon a  calamity on a certain place, not only the bad people will suffer upon his wrath... Others will be too...

Let us say, if some people were *saved* by God, are the others that were drowned and died are bad people? That is a cruel, sweeping statement.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-2-2005 07:36 PM | Show all posts
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2005 07:39 PM | Show all posts
fact is we live with the elements - earth, wind or fire.

we live and we die under the laws  of nature. volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, lightning strike, fire, snow storm..

if you want to put all the above under the folder of 'god' - that's fine with me.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2005 01:28 AM | Show all posts
Damn right that we live by the elements of nature but have  you ever heard of "ACTS OF GOD"? Well that clause ain't covered in no insurance policy init? Acts of God cover just about eveything and anything. A gratifying loop hole that stalls huge payouts. So those standing mosques? Well that's acts of God ain't it? If somebody's gonna finger like just one or maybe two, maybe we can say it's construction strength, but when you see the pics that I've put up, it don't make no sense to go around sayin' those mosques were built on solid foundations when many other smaller mosques were swept away. But what many of y'all do not know is that those mosques built by the true imams were the spared ones, while the ones built by individual communities from whence comes the funds to built such ain't known. Nobody knows the true source of the money [for all we know it might just be either crime laundered money or political motivated funds that keep shifting around to capture grassroots support..

ARI FUZZMAN

[ Last edited by Fuzzman on 4-2-2005 at 01:30 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2005 02:07 AM | Show all posts
So why did allah choose to protect an object rather than his believers ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 11:51 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073785 second(s), 49 queries .