Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 7053|Reply: 26

The Four Temperaments

[Copy link]
Post time 13-2-2006 11:40 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Under the ancient medical theory of the four humours, the four temperaments are personality types or moods ascribed to the imbalance of certain bodily fluids in each person.

Also the set of theme and variations for piano and orchestra composed by Paul Hindemith in 1940 where each variation represents one of these four temperaments.

Sanguine indicates the personality of an individual with the temperament of blood, the season of spring (wet and hot), and the element of air. A person who is sanguine is generally optimistic, cheerful, even-tempered, confident, rational, popular, and fun-loving. It is the most positive of the temperaments, but also describes the manic phase of a bipolar disorder.

Choleric corresponds to the fluid of yellow bile, the season of summer (dry and hot), and the element of fire. A person who is choleric is easily angered or bad tempered.

In folk medicine, a baby referred to as "cholic" is one who cries frequently and seems to be constantly angry. This is an adaptation of "choleric," although no one now would attribute the condition to bile. Similarly, a person described as "bilious" is mean-spirited, suspicious, and angry. This, again, is an adaptation of the old Humor theory "choleric."

The disease Cholera gained its name from choler (bile).

Melancholic is the personality of an individual characterized by black bile; hence the name, which means 'black bile' (Greek μελας, melas, "black", + χολη, khol

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-2-2006 05:56 AM | Show all posts
the safe bet...

A phlegmatic person is calm and unemotional. Phlegmatic means pertaining to phlegm, corresponds to the season of winter (wet and cold), and connotates the element of water.

While phlegmatics are generally self-content and kind, their shy personality can often inhibit enthusiasm in others and make themselves lazy and resistant to change. They are very consistent, relaxed, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats. Like the sanguine personality, the phlegmatic has many friends. But the phlegmatic is more reliable and compassionate; these characteristics typically make the phlegmatic a more dependable friend.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 11:42 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 RainbowSix's post

non above :lol

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-2-2006 12:02 PM | Show all posts
Actually, the four temperaments are just an indication. We all have most if not all the traits, its just which one is more dominating than the other.

R6

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 07:51 PM | Show all posts
nasi tambah...yg ni lain sket...

Apa dia temperamen dan apa dia karakter dan personaliti

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 01:07 PM | Show all posts
In my case bro, which one do you think describe me best?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 15-2-2006 01:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yipun78 at 15-2-2006 13:07
In my case bro, which one do you think describe me best?

I think the point is for you to denote which one is most suitable or closest. No offense, but I have no idea which is you.

R6

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 03:27 PM | Show all posts
How abt mixture of four?

Man, it depends on my mood too. A bit of sanguine when i'm good, a bit choleric  when i'm upset and want to lash my anger, a phlegmatic when i'm jovial ......Only melancholic yet to explore.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-2-2006 03:37 PM | Show all posts
:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2006 03:44 PM | Show all posts
if i were not mistaken, i once did one set of questionnaire that in the end suggested which of the four i was...at that time i was a melancholic....a very very very very long time ago.....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-2-2006 11:30 PM | Show all posts
Even I took the personality test a few years ago. Although the test showed that I was a choleric and melancholy, I do have characteristics which may be from a phlegmatic and sanguine personalities.

However, the princicple here is which one is more dominating. Nothing conclusive but just an inclination to certain character.

R6

Use magic Report

Post time 16-2-2006 09:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RainbowSix at 15-2-2006 11:30 PM
Even I took the personality test a few years ago. Although the test showed that I was a choleric and melancholy, I do have characteristics which may be from a phlegmatic and sanguine personalities. ...

but dont u reckon the characteristic(s) may change as one progresses in life? or does the dominating characteristic(s) is somewhat we are born with and got to live with?

[ Last edited by frisky_mango at 16-2-2006 09:34 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-2-2006 02:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by frisky_mango at 16-2-2006 09:29

but dont u reckon the characteristic(s) may change as one progresses in life? or does the dominating characteristic(s) is somewhat we are born with and got to live with?

I concur. Character of a person changes as we progress in life. We learn from our surroundings. The experience we go through affects our lives.

R6

Use magic Report

Post time 18-2-2006 02:19 PM | Show all posts
i think most of us could be any one of the four at different point in time...our behavior can undergo all the four even  in a day...

but there's one constant temperament common to us all...bein EROTIC... we're thinking of sex ALLl the time... correct kan??

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-2-2006 10:06 PM | Show all posts
Always on the mind. Hahaha!

R6

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2006 09:54 AM | Show all posts
Sanguine indicates the personality of an individual with the temperament of blood, the season of spring (wet and hot), and the element of air. A person who is sanguine is generally optimistic, cheerful, even-tempered, confident, rational, popular, and fun-loving. It is the most positive of the temperaments, but also describes the manic phase of a bipolar disorder.

Choleric corresponds to the fluid of yellow bile, the season of summer (dry and hot), and the element of fire. A person who is choleric is easily angered or bad tempered.

In folk medicine, a baby referred to as "cholic" is one who cries frequently and seems to be constantly angry. This is an adaptation of "choleric," although no one now would attribute the condition to bile. Similarly, a person described as "bilious" is mean-spirited, suspicious, and angry. This, again, is an adaptation of the old Humor theory "choleric."

The disease Cholera gained its name from choler (bile).

Melancholic is the personality of an individual characterized by black bile; hence the name, which means 'black bile' (Greek μελας, melas, "black", + χολη, khol

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-2-2006 03:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Greenbottle3 at 18-2-2006 02:19 PM
i think most of us could be any one of the four at different point in time...our behavior can undergo all the four even  in a day...

but there's one constant temperament common to us all...bein  ...

:hmm::hmm::hmm: interesting

Use magic Report

Post time 20-2-2006 08:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RainbowSix at 18-2-2006 10:06 PM
Always on the mind. Hahaha!

R6

I say, R6, never thought you'd be like that hahahahahaha

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-2-2006 02:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by taiaha at 20-2-2006 08:30

I say, R6, never thought you'd be like that hahahahahaha

Men will always be men. Hehehe!

R6

Use magic Report

Post time 20-2-2006 04:23 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RainbowSix at 20-2-2006 02:37 PM

Men will always be men. Hehehe!

R6

Of course, why just check out the babes thread in the military board:cak:. Sorry for interrupting the conversation ladies and gents.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

5-5-2024 09:39 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071094 second(s), 50 queries .