CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: 13Friday

You call that Islamic weddings for lust?

[Copy link]
samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 05:33 PM | Show all posts
God made him king, but Nathan did not say God endorsed polygamy nor did he say that David was supposed to take Saul's wives as his. You distorted teh meaning of those scriptures.

Nathan was sent to rebuke David for his sin, killing Uriah for his wife.  God said through Nathan that he had given David kingship, wives, Judah and Israel, is that not enough that David should want another man's wife.  That was the message.  If you want to play that game, in that verse Debmey neither did god said he banned polygamy.  Why don't you  yourself try not to twist the meaning of the scripture.

Again, where did it say that polygfamy was endorsed by God.  Nathan was merely pronouncing a judgment or punishment.  Its like God saying to a thief that all your stolen possessions will be taken away by your enemy. That does not mean God endorse the stealing in the first place.

Stop blowing bubbles Debmey.  Again, where did god ban polygamy in there.  In fact, god acknowledged the many wives of David.  He said if David did not repent, he will punish David and give David's plural wives to his neighbour, just like how David took wife of Uriah, a Hittie from a neighbouring country.  Remember, an eye for an eye.

So where did it say that God endorsed polygamy?

Are you a broken cassette?  You know, the bible was not translated into English for nothing you know.

Again, you must see the context of that verse. It links to providence for a first wife. God did tolerate polygamy but he never endorsed it as a good act throughout the Bible.

What is this, contradiction by Debmey in distorting the scripture?  Can or cannot?  Give us proof that he never endorsed it as a good act throughout the bible.

And if you read the entire Bible, the act of polygamy was never encouraged but scorn upon by God.

No, if you had actually READ the bible, nowhere god banned polygamy.

Again no endorsement.

Again, no proof saying that it's banned.

Its like a man needs to pay alimony to his divorsed wife under law butr that does not mean the law encourage or endorse divorce in the first place. Its the same logic. If you read teh Bible, no where did God command anyopne to have more than one wife, try it.

LOL.  What an excuse.  Can or cannot?  Meanwhile in the bible, Abraham through to Solomon had many wives.   How long did god need to realise that the same mistake have been made over and over again before he said enough, I've made a mistake?  Why did he keep choosing polygamous leaders/messengers for his people if he knew this people were not perfect, were not of good stock?  Remember, this is god not some human.  He knows everything, these people were his creation.  Is that why Jesus was celibate?  Even so, god said, it is not good for men to be alone.  Hmmmm...?????

Exactly. And the law never endorsed polygamy.

Broken cassette.  The law never said it banned polygamy either.

Righteous people you say?
Their sins were exposed in the Bible. The Bible is open about it. Haven't you read the Bible? Didn't you just quote verses about David committing sin? What is your definiytion of righteous?

Then, there is something wrong with your god kept chosing the not so righteous ones as his prophet and messengers.  Yet, the book of Moses is considered a part of your holy bible.

BTW, Abraham never committed polygamy in the Bible. Hagar was not his legitimate wife. Read teh Bible carefully again.

Eh, what is your excuse for Jacob?  The father of Issac, who gave you Jesus?

God is perfect, but not men. And thats the message of the Bible. Thats why the sins of men were exposed in the Bible, Abraham, Isaac, Jacod, David, you name it.

And yet you render these men in your holy scriptures.  Like I said earlier, your god is not perfect.  He kept chosing unrighteous men to lead his people.

[quote]The New Testament instruction for ministers is that 揳 bishop must then be blameless, the husband of one wife

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-7-2006 05:54 PM | Show all posts
Oh by the way Debmey, the article that you asked me to read from the Restored Church of God, written by David C Pack...hmmm no wonder lah you also confused.

Who is David C Pack?

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/artcls/Pack.htm
David C. Pack Declares Himself an Apostle (Information on Restored Church of God)
David Pack of Restored Church of God has now unveiled to his members that he is a God-appointed, official "Apostle" of the 21st century.
Pack pays himself approximately $125,000.00 per year, tax free, and lives a luxurious lifestyle.

You listen to loonies like that but you would not listen to your god eh?  Belasah saja.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 06:08 PM | Show all posts
samerosie is repeating the same stuff that has been dealt with by me directly by expounding the Bible clearly.

His next defence is to quite secondary sources from a liberal theologian, of all places, Yale and this secodndary source does not eveb quite the Bible. ahahahahaha.......

cheers

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 06:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by samerosie at 10-7-2006 05:54 PM
Oh by the way Debmey, the article that you asked me to read from the Restored Church of God, written by David C Pack...hmmm no wonder lah you also confused.

Who is David C Pack?

http://www.ex ...

Thanks for the info Samerosie.. people like debmey always fall for these money-making "apostles"

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 06:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 10-7-2006 06:08 PM

Eh, what is your excuse for Jacob?  The father of Issac, who gave you Jesus?

Both Jacob and Isaac were polygamous w/o the endorsement of God.
I already dealt with that. So whats your point?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 06:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 10-7-2006 06:10 PM

Thanks for the info Samerosie.. people like debmey always fall for these money-making "apostles"

No problem bro.  

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Iman_6 This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by samerosie at 10-7-2006 05:54 PM

Who is David C Pack?

http://www.ex ...

Wow Rosie, keep up the good work dear. more exposure is better!   

Use magic Report

samerosie is repeating the same stuff that has been dealt with by me directly by expounding the Bible clearly.

Wow, expounding!  Such a big word for you Debmey.

His next defence is to quite secondary sources from a liberal theologian, of all pl ...

Well at least Father Hillman is qualified unlike your 21st century apostle.  LOLOLOLOL

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Originally posted by Iman_6 at 10-7-2006 06:15 PM

Wow Rosie, keep up the good work dear. more exposure is better!   

Thanks Iman

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 06:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 10-7-2006 06:10 PM

Both Jacob and Isaac were polygamous w/o the endorsement of God.
I already dealt with that. So whats your point?

So Jacob and Isaac doing the opposite of your God's will, how they could be prophet if they dont follow God's will in first place? hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 06:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 10-7-2006 06:21 PM

So Jacob and Isaac doing the opposite of your God's will, how they could be prophet if they dont follow God's will in first place? hehe

Exactly kid.  Debmey's god kept on rewarding these un-righteous men even they broke god's law on polygamy.  What is the message?  Do bad god will reward you over and over again?

Use magic Report

bob This user has been deleted
Post time 10-7-2006 06:32 PM | Show all posts

His next defence is to quite secondary sources from a liberal theologian, of all pl ...

deb..wah...sudah kena...

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 07:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 10-7-2006 12:49 PM

If you read the Bible, you will realise that God was against Solomon's polygamy too. Not once in the Bible did God tell anyone to have more than one wife.

it is your Bible...not in My Holy Quran... like incest...at first, incest can be done before God gave the then Commandments to Moses,but after God the ten Commandments, incest is prohibited. Same with polygamy...Muhammad came with new laws from God...like Moses came with new laws to prohibit incest...so ini adalah soal penggantian undang - undang...

Whereas, Jesus was sent down to complete the laws that have been given to Moses...he brought no new laws.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2006 10:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 10-7-2006 06:21 PM

Where in the Bible does it say that Jacob and Isaac were prophets? Have you read the Bible before?
And muslims still have no defnce to the weird doctrine of polygamy parcticed by Mo.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-7-2006 06:17 AM | Show all posts

Jesus

Originally posted by eastrun at 10-7-2006 07:20 PM

it is your Bible...not in My Holy Quran... like incest...at first, incest can be done before God gave the then Commandments to Moses,but after God the ten Commandments, incest is prohibited.  ...

Jesus did interprete certain laws to make that relevant like LOVE your enemies.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2006 09:49 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 10-7-2006 10:00 PM

Where in the Bible does it say that Jacob and Isaac were prophets? Have you read the Bible before?

Luke 13:28

"There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

So the above bible didn't mentioned Jacob and Isaac as prophets?

Genesis 19

"And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him"

For someone who have been establsihed covenant by your God should be someone that had high integrity, I'm I right or wrong, but why you disregard Isaac?

13friday... do you think Jacob a prophet or not?

However this christian site mentioned Jacob as prophet as well.

http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/jacob.htm

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-7-2006 10:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 11-7-2006 09:49 AM

Luke 13:28

"There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

So th ...

Thats right sir, Abrham, Isaac and Jacob weren't prophets, thats why they bwere mentioned seperately.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2006 10:43 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 11-7-2006 09:49 AM

"And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him"

For someone who have been establsihed covenant by your God should be someone that had high integrity, I'm I right or wrong, but why you disregard Isaac?
So th ...

Yes and no.
The Bible does show that these people weren't perfect, there sins were mentioned in the Bible itself.
And if you really read the Bible, Jacob means the deceiver and indeed he was a deceiver.
It all shows that samerosie did not read the Bible for himself and he3 is ignorant of Christian doctrine as he tries to impose his own beleif systems into Christianity that does not exist.

What else?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2006 11:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 11-7-2006 10:43 AM

And if you really read the Bible, Jacob means the deceiver and indeed he was  ...

Kamu ni main belasah je eh?  

NIV  Gen 25: 24-26
When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau. After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau's heel; so he was named Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to them.

KJV Gen 25
25  And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
26And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.

NKVJ Gen 25
25 And the first came out red. He was like a hairy garment all over; so they called his name Esau. 26 Afterward his brother came out, and his hand took hold of Esau抯 heel; so his name was called Jacob

Louis Segond Gen 25
25Le premier sortit enti鑢ement roux, comme un manteau de poil; et on lui donna le nom d'Ésa

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2006 03:36 PM | Show all posts
You still can't prove your case that God endorsed polygamy in the Bible.

Jacob means heel catcher, in Hebrew, it carried the meaning of a supplanter, a deceiver. Didn't I tell you that the Bible exposes the sins of Bible characters you call prophet? Propeht or no propeht they are still imperfect and sinners.

What else?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

10-5-2024 04:57 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.187916 second(s), 42 queries .