Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Sephiroth

Atheism - Mode of IGNORANCE

[Copy link]
Post time 14-8-2006 02:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 8/13/06 04:48 PM
by BeanDiesel   

Which post? Specify it. I'll look into it. And if I find nothing wrong with it I'll be glad to return your points.

It is NOT about the credit which is questioned here, it i ...

I've just esponded to that in Complaints, Suggestions and Feedback thread.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-8-2006 09:49 AM | Show all posts
Where are the Atheists who can shoot their mouth so often? Crawl back to their holes again?

THIS is the true attitude of Atheism. They make all sort of claims and accusations toward people who believe in God as if they are enlightned bunch, but when people turn and challenge them to discuss anything, they will crawl back to their holes and hide till the storm passes.

Use magic Report

bob This user has been deleted
Post time 15-8-2006 07:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 15-8-2006 09:49 AM
Where are the Atheists who can shoot their mouth so often? Crawl back to their holes again?

THIS is the true attitude of Atheism. They make all sort of claims and accusations toward people who  ...

at last.. aku dok tunggu jugak bila depa nak start debate atheist ni.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 07:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 15-8-2006 09:49 AM

How is your hole today? Did anything crawl back in your hole today?  

Freaks of nature like you have no f**cking right to question people who don't believe in fairytales.

[ Last edited by  FaithHealer3 at 16-8-2006 11:53 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 07:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bob at 15-8-2006 07:39 PM
at last.. aku dok tunggu jugak bila depa nak start debate atheist ni.

Well bob,  you can start by telling me when was the last time you saw any god, angels or devils..

Then, tell me how sure can anyone be, of what they saw is not a creation of their mind due to dreams or hallucinations. How sure can anyone be that what they saw or see is not imaginary?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 10:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 16-8-2006 07:10 PM

Well bob,  you can start by telling me when was the last time you saw any god, angels or devils..

Then, tell me how sure can anyone be, of what they saw is not a creation of their mind due  ...

i have debated and you got stuck... remember? so why dont you carry on debating with seph and i'll just read for the pleasure of it.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 16-8-2006 11:04 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bob at 16-8-2006 10:15 PM
i have debated and you got stuck... remember? so why dont you carry on debating with seph and i'll just read for the pleasure of it.

The one got stuck is you.. and run away was you.
refer here.. http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... ;extra=page%3D14###

mr.vixen answered you.. but you chickened out.

You tried to disprove evolution by questioning abiogenesis but when the same question is put to your Allah.. you avoided the question just like you are doing now.

You cannot show how did god come into being in the first place. You don't know how your imaginary deity, Allah come into existence but you have the ccheek to discredit all evidence about evolution because of abiogenesis.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 11:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 16-8-2006 11:04 PM

The one got stuck is you.. and run away was you.
refer here.. http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... ;extra=page%3D14###

mr.vixen answered you.. but you chickened ...

alloo.. all the postings here is about islam or christian or hinduism defending oneself. you cannot even handle one thread to defend yourself. and you sidetrack to ask islam to prove existence of god. come on..for once can yo have balls and put your money where your mouth is.. defend la..look at all other threads..its all aabout defending religions..and you cannot even defend one.

and again you now you sidetrack by attacking rather than defending..if you cannot defend tell us so.. no need to kelentong some more.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-8-2006 11:38 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bob at 16-8-2006 11:09 PM
alloo.. all the postings here is about islam or christian or hinduism defending oneself. you cannot even handle one thread to defend yourself. and you sidetrack to ask islam to prove existence  ...

Elo bob, Atheist is not about defending any theories.

Atheist is disbelief in gods, goblins, angel, devils, demons, ghoul, ghost, trolls or toyols.etc

Looks like you don't know the meaning of athiest.. don't listen to your fag buddy there who claims atheist are animals..  :nerd:

[ Last edited by  FaithHealer3 at 16-8-2006 11:52 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 17-8-2006 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Can someone put up an online dictionary for the some of the muslims on this board.

It is tough as it is, but having to explain simple words is maddening.

Use magic Report

davidchemic This user has been deleted
Post time 17-8-2006 12:41 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 16-8-2006 11:38 PM

Atheist is disbelief in gods, goblins, angel, devils, demons, ghoul, ghost, trolls or toyols.etc

Looks like you don't know the meanin ...

Look like our bob friend mix up atheist and universalist.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-8-2006 12:49 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 17-8-2006 12:27 AM
Can someone put up an online dictionary for the some of the muslims on this board.

It is tough as it is, but having to explain simple words is maddening.

You think it will help? Even when we copy and paste for them, they also can't read and understand the definitions properly. It's not that they don't understand. They just don't want to understand and twist it on purpose

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-8-2006 08:20 AM | Show all posts
Beep! Up you go. A Sore eye for Atheists. ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2006 08:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 16-8-2006 11:38 PM

Looks like you don't know the meanin ...

i dont think atheist are animals. i have a lot of friends who are atheist. but they know why they are atheist and is able to defend their reasoning. i respect that.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2006 08:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by davidchemic at 17-8-2006 12:41 AM

Look like our bob friend mix up atheist and universalist.

i am not mixed up. i think you are confused. fh3 beleived so much that god does not exist. i have no issue about it. its his philosophy but he must be able to defend it. but i am not forcing him. as one can also have " couldnt give a damn" approach toward religion or no religion.

and to repeat - he has yet to defend it, but no compulsion.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2006 08:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by chocoholic at 17-8-2006 12:49 AM

You think it will help? Even when we copy and paste for them, they also can't read and understand the definitions properly. It's not that they don't understand. They just don't want to understand ...

nightlord and chocolic, the dictionary wont help. in fact it would just put your bible in a corner as using the dictionary will just escalate more inconsistencies within the bible. muslims are interested in the essence of the debates, but you guys are interested in the spelling. go figure.

btw, cut n paste shows your contribution to the forum, or the lack of it.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 18-8-2006 09:00 AM | Show all posts
by bob   

i dont think atheist are animals.

Well ... they believe that humans are just glorified animals from Science point of view. So why don't take Atheists as animals then? What's the hold up? :cak:

i have a lot of friends who are atheist. but they know why they are atheist and is able to defend their reasoning. i respect that.  

Even MAD people can have good reasoning and able to defend their beliefs. That doesn't make them sane. :no:

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2006 01:37 PM | Show all posts
Sephiroth wrote:
No sense of responsibility for the future, no sense of purpose, no sense of living, no sense of achieving anything worth-while. No nothing ...

You mean to imply that atheists has no purpose and meaning in life?

Atheism is simply the lack of God in our lives,not a lack of meaning or purpose in our lives!

There are plenty of other places in which to find meaning that don't involve believing in God or some other abstract hypothetical being.Atheists can derive purpose and meaning in our lives without God as God is neither a requirement nor a sufficient reason to derive meaning or purpose in life.

This reminds me of Sartre's (or was Nietzsche's?) famous quote:"The meaning of life is what you give it."

Now,let me clarify on a personal level;my "meaning of life" is my life,and what i'm able to make of it.I derive meaning in improving myself and achieving my goals through education,thinking,reading,et cetera and in trying to make the world a better place for me,for others,and for those who will follow me.I have meaningful relationships with my loved ones.

And I have created my own purpose in life without regards to any religious convictions.And that purpose of life is life itself.It has no "purpose" other than just to live.(But although according to Richard Dawkins,it has something to do with our genes wanting to "live on" and we are nothing more than vessels to carry them.)

I can respect everyone's decision to accept a particular meaning and purpose for her/his life,whether God-defined or self-defined - as long as I am not told that *my life* is meaningless and purposeless because I've defined its meaning myself without any god!

And so Sephiroth,how about your life? Is it so empty and meaningless that you find so little about life to enjoy that if someone proved to you that God didn't exist and you would commit suicide?

[ Last edited by  vixen at 18-8-2006 01:44 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

nat_ee This user has been deleted
Post time 18-8-2006 02:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vixen at 18-8-2006 01:37 PM

I can respect everyone's decision to accept a particular meaning and purpose for her/his life,whether God-defined or self-defined - as long as I am not told that *my life* is meaningless and purposeless because I've defined its meaning myself without any god!

Excellent.
It's something lacking in discussions these days... 'respect'.
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs/disbeliefs.
It does no religion good when its believers turn to insults and attacks against non-believers.

If saying all this is going to be taken as me associating myself with 'the Godless', so be it.
I'm a Muslim and proud of it.
And you guys have the right to be atheists/christians/hindus/buddhists etc AND to be proud of it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-8-2006 09:00 AM | Show all posts
by vixen   

Atheism is simply the lack of God in our lives,not a lack of meaning or purpose in our lives!

There are plenty of other places in which to find meaning that don't involve believing in God or some other abstract hypothetical being.Atheists can derive purpose and meaning in our lives without God as God is neither a requirement nor a sufficient reason to derive meaning or purpose in life.

This reminds me of Sartre's (or was Nietzsche's?) famous quote:"The meaning of life is what you give it."

Now,let me clarify on a personal level;my "meaning of life" is my life,and what i'm able to make of it.I derive meaning in improving myself and achieving my goals through education,thinking,reading,et cetera and in trying to make the world a better place for me,for others,and for those who will follow me.I have meaningful relationships with my loved ones.

And I have created my own purpose in life without regards to any religious convictions.And that purpose of life is life itself.It has no "purpose" other than just to live.(But although according to Richard Dawkins,it has something to do with our genes wanting to "live on" and we are nothing more than vessels to carry them.)

Empty talk from an empty can. ;)
You're really don't know what I meant by saying Atheists have no meaning in life, do you? ;)

All your meanings you find in life without involving God is MATERIALISTIC and TEMPORARY meanings. Sooner or later, you will get fed up with this so-called meanings and wonders if they is nothing else you could do, OR simply get fed up, go to a bar, drink yourself to drunk, go home and put a gun to your head and POP! goes the weasel. ;)

The difference between your meaning of life and my meaning of life is very simple - you do something because you have life and wants to do something with it. You fed up doing it, you turn and do something else with the same excuse that it is your meaning in life to do it. That is why, in my eyes, Atheists are nothing more than Hamsters running around in a training wheel - around and around till they are tired, get down and have a rest, and then run around and around again. All a while, NOT REACHING ANY PARTICULAR DESTINATION OR PURPOSE. ;)

My purpose is for my afterlife. I do it with notion that everything I do (or failed to do today) has a marking in the future and I will be held counted for what I did. YOU do NOT have such notion. You do something, fed up with it and do something else with notions that NO ONE is out there to questions your actions and hold you accountable for anything in the future. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATHEIST AND THEIST.

Take your respect and shove it. ;)
I don't see why I must respect anyone. Why dn't you give me a good reason why I should respect others? ff:

And so Sephiroth,how about your life? Is it so empty and meaningless that you find so little about life to enjoy that if someone proved to you that God didn't exist and you would commit suicide?

My life? Empty? ;)

God is not something to prove or disapprove. And God is not something that others have to show He exists or not for you to belief. YOU choose to believe or disbelieve and YOU choose the evidence or deny the fact. So, no matter who says what or claims what ... I will always believe in God.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

12-5-2024 07:22 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.335318 second(s), 46 queries .