Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3024|Reply: 12

Stroke.. Betul ke kandungan email ni?

[Copy link]
NajihaIbrahim This user has been deleted
Post time 16-8-2006 12:37 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters... S.T.R.

My friend sent this to me and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks. Seriously.. Please read:

STROKE IDENTIFICATION:
During a BBQ, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm , Ingrid passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this...
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognised, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.  

RECOGNISING A STROKE
Thank God for the sense to remember the "3" steps, STR . Read and Learn! Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognise the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognise a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S * Ask the individual to SMILE .
T * Ask the person to TALK to SPEAK A SIMPLE   SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. . . It is sunny out today).
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .

NOTE : Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke. If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call   999 / 994  immediately!! and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-10-2006 02:51 AM | Show all posts
apa yg ina tahu pasal stroke ialah..kekurangan oksigen..
biler oksigen kurang dlm sesetengah part of ur body..darah takkan bergerak kekawasn tuh..
dan semua ni akan melumpuhkan aktiviti badan..
secara dlmannya...bila stroke berlaku di sebalah kanan..bhgian bdn yg akan mengalami kerengangan atau lumpuh adlh sbelah kiri..begitulah jugak sebaliknya..
brgantung jugak dgn pemakanan..jadi..korang kenala jaga pemakanan baik2..
but for those yg dtgnya dr family yg brketurunan gituy..ader sesetengahnya takley dah nak elak..
tapi tak mustahil untuk mengelakkan dr dpt smua tuh..
when there iz a will...there always be a way...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-10-2006 12:10 AM | Show all posts
ABout setahun sebelum bapak aku kena stroke yg betul, dia kena TIA *not sure betul ke ni tapi basically, cam tanda awal stroke.  Masa tu dia tetiba pitam and berpeluh.  FOr a few hours gak.  And then dia OK balik.   But doctor cakap, tu tanda awal.  DIa buleh berlaku sebulan sebelum or even setahun sebelum.  But we didnt know...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-5-2007 09:26 PM | Show all posts

VIEW THIS ONE - VERY IMPORTANT

http://forum.cari.com.my/pm.php?action=view&pmid=1326291

DON'T BE DECEIVED.

She could be saved if she prayed right to the true God and consult doctors.

Must READ+++
http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=276434&extra=page%3D1

[ Last edited by  13Friday at 11-5-2007 09:38 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 11-5-2007 10:29 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 13Friday's post

PM dah kena delete laa... takleh baca...

lain kali cut and paste laa...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-5-2007 10:47 PM | Show all posts

we are all to be stroked here

If we are not careful ourselves.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-5-2007 10:06 PM | Show all posts

what about heat strokes?

Is what the PM and TDM experiencing due to heat strokes?

My cases were mostly around midnights.  no heat strokes.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2007 07:35 AM | Show all posts

stroke again???

Mild stroke

Mahathir suffered a mild stroke in November last year, caused by a clot that restricted blood flow in one of his arteries, but subsequently recovered.

He also suffered a heart attack in 1989 and had bypass surgery.

Mahathir retired from office in 2003 after 22 years in power, handing over the reins to Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, whom he has since accused of nepotism and corruption.

Abdullah and his Singaporean counterpart, Lee Hsien Loong, arrived in Langkawi on Monday for informal talks aimed at enhancing ties.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-5-2007 08:57 PM | Show all posts
Stroke, in general can be divided into 2 categories:

1. Thrombo-embolic stroke
2. Haemorrhagic stoke

Most of the time, those who survived stroke attack are those who get thrombo-embolic stroke.
Majority of haemorrhagic stroke will cause death.

Thrombo-embolic stroke:
-terjadi sebab pembekuan darah, dan darah beku ini menyumbat saluran arteri di dlm otak.

Haemorrhagic stroke:
-terjadi sebab pemecahan saluran arteri, most of the time caused by uncontrolled Hypertension.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2007 08:43 AM | Show all posts

something to ponder

JK's Digest No. 23 of May 2007 (135 of 2007)  Death to Lok Yan Fai - 40ish  Condolence to the family in grief.

Did Lok YF really died from stroke plus high blood pressure for a bachelor young man?

Lok YF may have collapsed at the Municipal Council meeting in Tawau, but he died 4 hours later.

Did he really die from any treatment of emergency in hospital?
Was he wrongly diagnosed for "stroke"?

Doctors, please note this carefully, and if you are a Christian, please also pray for your patients
before you give whatever prescription?   It is not that you may misdiagnose the case always assumed to
be stroke or related sickness, it may be due to the pressing time, that any injection with good intention
may give some conflict  or worsened blood clot or disturbed blood circulation within  the body of the patients hence expedited death.

If that is voodoo, some bad people may be laughing to the bank for a deception.  This was reported in a two pages articles in a prominent newspaper recently.

You either love me or hate me, but  when what doesn't kill me for decades, there must be some genuiness in my claim that I had gone through thousands of voodoo from whatever sources and causes.  But Christians please pray unceasingly although we all die once but not prematurely.

When what doesn't kill me,  writing EPIC of Sabah is priceless  but the Chairman has to resign from the Integrity Panel.  SAD.

When what doesn't kill me, I am made tougher and stronger to be the Chief Minister of Sabah to help people in distress.   Pray for me and Sabah and Sabahans always.

Be reminded as Tengku Z Adlin writing in his casual Editorial of SABAH Malaysian Borneo under the spotlight "Hidden treasures of Sabah"  (Mar 2007's Vol 73 edition), he wrote " As 2007 rolls around, ....
but as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"
http://www.newsabahtimes.com.my/magazine/magazine_display/170
http://www.newsabahtimes.com.my/magazine/magazine_display/172

Joshua Kong (proponent of MIGS and WON)
http://mega-icc-group-sabah-migs.blogspot.com/    http://won-borneo.blogspot.com/

http://www.e-borneo.com/col/jkong/

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2007 09:55 AM | Show all posts

water is important

JK's Digest No. 24 of May 2007 (136 of 2007)  This is TRUE - perfectly true.

After writing so much about dying prematurely as in the series "when what doesn't kill me for decades,"
this is just a simple reminder.

Young Bachelor man Lok Yan Fai may have died from stroke or stroke like with headache, he could have died for lack of plain water.

I was in UK for the first week in 1974, when a young child aged 8 screamed "headache" and asked for Panadol.  Soon after drinking a glass of water and a tablet, she declared "OK".  Was it the panadol or the pure water that did the job?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 01:28 PM | Show all posts

over 40%...... terrible

Nation
Sunday May 20, 2007

Over 40% of M抯ians have hypertension

KOTA BARU: For every patient in the country diagnosed as having hypertension, two others are not detected because the condition has no symptoms.

In most cases, they only realise they have the chronic ailment after suffering a stroke or a heart attack, said the Malaysian Society of Hypertension.

Describing it as a silent killer, society vice-president Dr Azani Mohamed Daud lamented that by the time the person suffers a stroke or heart attack, it could be too late to treat the ailment.

揂t times, it is already fatal,

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 01:59 PM | Show all posts

this is too much estimation

this is wrong hence doctors would jump to conclusion if 40% and more have hypertension.  This mean all adults have hypertension.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: Kesihatan

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

2-5-2024 08:05 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072643 second(s), 39 queries .