CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1788|Reply: 8

How To Be Good Muslim

[Copy link]
Post time 1-8-2007 05:29 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
as a women how is it to be a good muslim..as a daughter,as wife,as a mother,as a Muslim it self...
if can explain wit verse of Quran and Hadiths...10 very much

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-8-2007 05:45 PM | Show all posts

Family Relationship in Islam

Islam is a complete way of life. It considers the family the corner stone of Islamic society. It bases the atmosphere in the family on sacrifice, love, loyalty, and obedience. When we say "family" we mean the traditional definition of it namely husband, wife and children. Grandparents are also part of the extended Muslim family.

It may be asked here: how does Islam organize family relationships? To answer this we have to concentrate on: husband wife relationship and parent children relationship. As for husband wife relationship the following verse portrays the right Islamic atmosphere. And among his signs is this: He created for you spouses from yourselves that you might find rest in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. (30-21)

The Prophet of Islam (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) also stressed these meanings when he said: (The best among you are those who are best to their families and I am the best of you to my family). He once exclaimed: (it is only the evil one who abuses them (women) and the honored one is he who honors them). Once a man came to the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and asked: who is the person who is most worthy of my good companionship? (The Prophet answered your mother, your mother, your mother then your father). That is why Islam made Paradise under the feet of mothers according to one tradition of the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)

If we contemplate the Quran we find that it refers to parents children relationships in four main places. Before it asks children to be good and loyal to their parents it requires parents to be extremely careful in upbringing their children. In other words it asks parents to do their duty before asking for their rights.

Let us contemplate the following verses of the Quran: In the chapter called Luqman (No.31) God says: And surely We gave Luqman wisdom saying Give thanks unto Allah; for whosoever gives thanks, he gives thanks for his soul. And whoever disbelieves, Allah is All-Independent, Worthy of Praise. And when Luqman said to his son while he was exhorting him: O my dear son! Ascribe no partners unto Allah. Lo! To ascribe partners (unto Him) is a tremendous wrong. And we have enjoined upon man to be careful of his parents, His mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years, so give thanks to Me and to your parents, for unto Me is the journeying. But if they strive with you to make you ascribe to Me as partner that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but deal with them nicely in the world and follow the path of him who repents to Me. Then unto Me will be your return, and I shall tell you of what you used to do.

The Quran then continues: O my son! Lo! Though it be but the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. For Allah is Subtle, Aware. O my son! Establish prayer, enjoin goodness, forbid iniquity and bear with patience whatever may befall you. For that is the steadfast heart of things. Turn not your cheek in scorn towards people, nor walk the earth with pretenses, for Allah loves not each braggart boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice for Lo! The harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass (31: 12-19).

These verses provide Muslim parents with the way they should bring up their children, unless they do so, they can expect rebellion and hatred from them; but the devoted parents have full right to what the following verses from chapter 17 enjoin. In this chapter called the Night Journey Allah says: Your Lord has decreed that you worship non but Him, and that (you show) kindness to parents. Should one or both of them attain to old age with you, Say not "Fie" unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word. And lower unto them the wing of submission through mercy and say: My Lord! Have mercy on them both as they did care for me when I was little. Your Lord is best aware of what is in yourselves. If you are righteous, then Lo! He was ever forgiving unto those who turn unto Him. (17: 23-25).

These are the two main chapters of the Quran that decide and clearly depict the Islamic relationship between parents and their children. It is a relationship based as we see on belief in Allah, and feeling that He observes all what we do and that we are accountable to Him even in the bad breath that we may release against our parents when we are angry. Even this has to be controlled.

Let us remember, however, that it is only parents who do their duty, who deserve this honorable treatment of their children. That is why when a parent came to the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and complained to him about the ingratitude of his son, the son said: He was ungrateful to me O Messenger of Allah, before I showed ingratitude to him. So the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) did not blame the son but disliked the attitude of his parent. This is a message to all parents.

The third place in the Holy Quran that refers to parents-children relationship is in chapter 46 called Al Ahqaf where Allah says: And we have enjoined unto man kindness toward parents. His mother bears him with reluctance and delivers him with reluctance. His bearing and weaning are thirty months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says: My Lord! Arouse me that I may give thanks for the favour where with you have favoured me and my parents, and I may do right acceptable unto you. And be gracious unto me concerning my seed. I have turned unto you repentant and Lo! I am one of Muslims.

Concerning this type of children the Quran has the following comment: those are they from whom We accept the best of what they do, and We overlook their evil deeds among the owners of Paradise. This is the true promise, which they used to be promised (in the world).

The Quran then turns to the other category of children who are disbelievers and are as a result ungrateful to their parents. It declares: As for him who said to his parents: Fie upon you both! Do you threaten me that I shall be brought forth when generations before me have passed away! While they too cry unto Allah for help and say: Woe unto you! Believe! Lo! The promise of Allah is true. But he said: This is nothing but fables of the men of old.

Commenting on this attitude Allah says: Such are those whom the Word concerning nations of Jinn and mankind which have passed away before has effect. Lo! They are the losers. And for each there will be degrees due to what they did; and He may recompense them in full for their deeds! And they will not be wronged. (46: 15-19).

The forth and last place in the Quran that refers to parents children relationship is what is mentioned briefly in chapter 29 that says: "We have enjoined on man kindness to parents. And should they strive to make you join with Me that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto me is your return and I shall tell you what you used to do". (29:8).

This verse refers mainly to the unbelieving parents who still have the rights of obedience on their Muslim children unless they ask them to rebel against Allah. In this case they should not be obeyed, but doing good to them should continue regardless of the difference of religion.

In conclusion since the family is the corner stone of society, happiness and prosperity will only be achieved if parents as well as children are committed to the guidance of the Quran, the only guidance proved to be successful.

http://www.alinaam.org.za/library/frelation.htm

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2007 05:49 PM | Show all posts

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM WOMAN

Normal, every day activities become acts of worship if they are done for the sake of pleasing Allah. And among these deeds, the regular, consistent deeds are best. Aisha (Radhiallaahu Anha) said that Allah's Messenger, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, said, "The deeds most loved by Allah are those done regularly, even if they are small." (Bukhari and Muslim). This means that we do not need to do anything spectacular in our day to obtain rewards from Allah, but we should establish some type of routine that incorporates not only salah, but reading Qur'an, duaa, thikr, and other good deeds. This will increase the serenity, patience, and enthusiasm of the believer.

EARLY MORNING

This article is aimed at bringing the spiritual side in the everyday life of married Muslim woman:

Wake at night to perform Tahajjud.

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, said, "The best (most rewarding) salah after the obligatory salah is tahajjud, night salah." (Ahmad and Muslim). It is best to do this toward the last one third of the night as the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, said, "When the last one third of the night remains, our Lord, the Glorious One, descends towards the earth and proclaims, "Who is there who supplicates me, so that I may grant his supplication? Who is there who begs of Me, so that I may grant it to him? And who is there who seeks My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?" (Bukhari and Muslim). It is even better if the husband and wife perform the tahajjud together. The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "When a man wakes his wife up at night and they perform two rak'at together, they are written down among the men and women who remember Allah." (Abu Dawud). After this salah one can return to bed until the fajr.

Upon awakening in the morning: say this duaa, "Al-Hamdulillah, praise be to Allah who brought me to life after giving me death, and to Him is the resurrection." (Bukhari). One should also greet the other members of the household who are awake. The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "O my son (to Anas), when you enter to where your family is, say salam. It is a blessing on you and on the people of your house." (Tirmithi).

When getting dressed, say this duaa, "Al-Hamdulillah, praise be to Allah, who clothed me with this, and who provided me with it, without any power or might of mine." (Abu Dawud).

Make wudhu or ghusl (except for menstruating or postnatal women)

Duaa when entering the bathroom, "In the name of Allah. O Allah, I seek refuge in you from the evil and evil things." (Abu Dawud).

Be sure to use the left hand in the bathroom: "Aisha (Radhiallaahu Anhu)said that the right hand was used by Allah's Messenger for his ablution and for taking food, and his left hand was used in the toilet and the like." (Abu Dawud).

Say "Bismillah" and make the miswak or toothbrush,:
It is also encouraged to use the miswak or toothbrush although it is not an obligatory aspect of wudhu. The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "If I had not found it difficult for my followers, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with miswak for every salah." (Bukhari and Muslim).

Duaa after finishing wudou
"I testify that there is no god but Allah, alone, having no partner; and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger. O Allah, make me of those who continually repent and purify themselves." (Tirmithi).

Duaa when leaving the bathroom, : "(I ask for) Your forgiveness." (Abu Dawud).

Perform Fajr salah: 2 rak'at of sunnah and the two obligatory rak'at (except for menstruating or post-natal women). It is important to remember that the salah should be completed soon after the time has begun. Abdullah said that he asked the Prophet which deed was loved most by Allah, the Exalted. He, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "Salah which is performed at its time." (Bukhari). Even if a woman is busy with another task, she should interrupt this and perform her salah. A woman should try to develop khushoo (sincere submission) in salah since this will be the first thing that she will be accountable for on Judgment Day. The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "When you stand up for your salah, make it as if it was your last salah; do not say a word for which you will have to make an excuse the coming day; and build no hope on what is in the hands of men." (Ahmad).

It is often asked if women need to make the adhan and iqamah if they are leading the salah or praying by themselves. This is not required for women, although they may do it if they wish. In terms of the manner of performing salah, a woman's salah is no different from that of a man's.

Read the Qur'an: Early morning is often a good time to read Qur'an, especially if the children are still sleeping and the house is quiet. This allows one to fully concentrate and obtain the most benefit. The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, said, 慣he recital of the Qur'an at dawn is always witnessed - the angels of the night and the angels of the day witness it." (Tirmithi). If one's spouse is available, this would be the ideal time to strengthen the marriage by reading Qur'an together and praising Allah for His blessings. A woman cannot recite the Qur'aan during menses. She may listen to tapes.

Work on a project that will benefit the Muslim community in some way: Before the children awake and after reading Qur'an, it would be a good time to put energy into some project of interest to which one is committed. This may include such things as acquiring more Islamic knowledge by reading or listening to tapes, writing articles, preparing for halaqas, developing some type of program (such as a Children's halaqa, Muslim scouting program, etc.), keeping in touch with other sisters through e-mail, social service projects, etc. There are many opportunities for sisters to benefit themselves (through Allah's rewards) and the community.

MID AND LATE MORNING

Prepare a healthy breakfast for the family
It is important to remember that the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, used to eat very healthy foods such as dates, cucumbers, bread, meats, milk. Much of the unhealthy food that we have now was obviously not available at the time of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam. It is best to avoid processed foods and to use items that are the most natural. Allah knows what is best for his creation and He has provided us with all that we need. We should take care of our children's physical needs in the best manner possible. Cleanliness is also an important element of the Islamic faith and should be observed in all matters, especially in food preparation and eating.

Duaa when beginning the meal: "O Allah! Bless whatever You provided for us and save us from the punishment of the hellfire. Bismillah." The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, told a boy who was attending a meal with him "... Mention the name of Allah, and eat with your right hand and eat of the food that is nearer to you." (Bukhari) Spend some time in conversation during the meal since this was encouraged by the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam.

Duaa after finishing the meal: "Praise be to Allah, who gave us to eat and to drink and made us Muslims." (Abu Dawud, Tirmithi). It is important to remember not to overeat due to the unhealthiness of this behavior for physical and spiritual reasons. The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, said, "The son of Adam fills no vessel more displeasing to Allah than his stomach. A few morsels should be enough for him to preserve his strength. If he must fill it, then he should allow a third for his food, a third for his drink and leave a third empty for easy breathing." (Tirmithi). Overeating can lead to laziness and lethargy, and make acts of worship seem laborious, making it more likely that one will delay or avoid them.

Spend quality time with the children: Older children may need to be sent off to school, while younger children will continue to require the attention of their mother. Raising children is the most important and most honorable role for a woman. It is essential to include quality time with the children in a busy daily schedule. This should be given priority over household chores and other activities, although it should not interfere with obligatory acts of worship. Quality time may include such things as reading books about Islam, teaching Arabic, reading Qur'an together, playing games, going to the park, and much more. The emphasis should be on the children's spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical development. Doing this early in the day also makes it more likely that children will be content to play with themselves later on, freeing time for other activities.

Perform salat ad-Dhuha: Abu Hurairah said, "My friend (the Prophet) advised me to observe three things, not to abandon them till I die; to fast three days a month, to perform two rak'at of Duha (forenoon) salah, and to make witr before sleeping." (Bukhari and Muslim). This is one of the forgotten sunnah of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, that needs to be revived. Two or more rak'a should be prayed some time after the sun rises until a few moments before noon. The preferred time is when the sun is extremely hot, which usually occurs around the hour before noon. A mother has a wonderful opportunity to renew this Sunnah by teaching her children from a very young age. Have a peaceful and blessed morning!

http://www.alinaam.org.za/library/lmuslimwom.htm

[ Last edited by  mnm77 at 1-8-2007 05:53 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-8-2007 02:55 AM | Show all posts
thanks alot..tis really help...can u plz elobrate on the duty towards husband...thanks again

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 05:20 AM | Show all posts

Guidance for the Muslim Wife

SAYINGS OF RASULULLAH (SALLALLAHU ALAIHIWASALLAM)

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam was extremely merciful upon the ummah.He said "You all are about to fall into the fire and I am holding yourbacks and preventing you from falling into it".  Rasulullah'sSallallahu Alaihi Wasallam favour upon the ummat was that he showed men andwomen the way to lead their lives. Here are a few Ahaadith advising women:

HADEETH 1. Rasulullah  Sallallahu  Alaihi Wasallam said that thewoman who performed her five daily prayers and kept the fast of Ramadan andprotected herself from evil acts i.e. adultery and obeyed her husband, has achoice to enter heaven from whichever door she pleases.  (HULYA)

HADEETH 2. Rasulullah  Sallallahu  Alaihi  Wasallamsaid:  " A woman has two veils: the first is the husband and thesecond is the grave. The one that conceals more is the grave." (TABRANI)

HADEETH 3.  Nabi Kareem Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Areligious widow is addressed as a martyr in the heavens" i.e. she is rememberedwith the honourable title of a martyr  in heaven for any act she performs.

HADEETH 4. Ibn Abbas Radhiallahu anhu narrates that a woman came to Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam and said:"I have come as arepresentative of all women. We want to present a petition to you. Jihaad isfardh (compulsory) on men and only they obtain the reward of martyrdom. Wewomen are deprived of it although we take responsibility for all their domesticaffairs".  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Conveythis message on my behalf to all the women that they can achieve the reward ofjihaad by obeying their husbands, but very few women consider this to be areward."

HADEETH 5.  It is reported from Hazrat Ibn Umar Radhiallahu Anhu thatRasulullah  Sallallahu  Alaihi Wasallam said that when a woman leavesher home without her husband's consent then all the angels of the skies and theentire universe curse her for this act until she returns home. (TABRANI).

HADEETH 6.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said that thefragrance of heaven will be forbidden for a woman who asks her husband fordivorce without any valid reason. (TIRMIZI)

HADEETH 7. Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said that if a womandied and her husband was pleased with her during her life, undoubtedly she hasentered heaven.

HADEETH 8.  Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Owoman, your heaven and hell is your husband" (i.e. a woman will enterheaven if the husband is pleased, and hell if he is displeased with her).(TARGEEB)

HADEETH 9.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said that the bestwoman is the one that pleases her husband. When he looks at her, she pleaseshim. When he commands her, she obeys him. When he absents himself (goes away ona journey etc.) she protects his wealth  and his honour. (BAIHAQI)

HADEETH 10.  The Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam saidthat Shaytaan (the devil) sits on his throne daily and dispatches his agents towork among human beings. One of the agents returns and says that I made acertain person commit a sin, another says I got so and so involved in thisoffence. Upon listening to all this Shaytaan says that you have done nothinggreat. Eventually one representative comes and says that I saw a husband andwife extremely devoted to each other. I sowed the seeds of enmity between them.On hearing this Shaytaan becomes happy and  embracing his agent says that you have achieved something great. (MISHKAT)
The love between husband and wife is the biggest blow to Shaytaan. From thisit is apparent how meritorious this love is.  

HADEETH 11.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  Thewoman who applies perfume and passes by men is an adulteress. (TIRMIZI).  
Today the woman who applies perfume and goes to the shopping centres, alleysand cinemas should ponder how grave a sin she is committing.  

HADEETH  12. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Once Isaw a ghair mahram (strange) man and a young woman together in a place.Consequently I had a strong fear that Shaytaan will make use of thisopportunity i.e. he will besmirch their character and destroy the honour of thewoman.

HADEETH 13.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: Keepyourselves away from strange women. One companion asked: "O Rasul ofAllah, tell me, can the husband's brother mix freely with his sister-in-law."Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam  replied : "He is likedeath for a woman."  (Bukhari and Muslim)
i.e. just as partaking of poison leads to death in this world, similarly thebrother-in-law's mixing with a woman is poison for their character and a causeof destruction of the life of the hereafter.

HADEETH 14.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "It isharam for the women of my Ummah to take a bath in the public baths". (HAKIM)
i.e. women should keep away from places which are frequented  by ghairmahram (strange) males.  What purpose do they have in a place frequentedby males?

HADEETH 15.  Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: Whichever woman applies scent should not join us for the Esha prayers. (ABUDAWOOD)
During the early Islamic era, women used to perform salaat behindRasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam in congregation. On that occasionRasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Those women who apply perfumeshould not come to the musjid for salaat," because there is a fear ofinstilling desire in the hearts of men due to the sweet fragrance of theperfume and this will be a cause of corruption. If Rasulullah Sallallahu AlaihiWasallam prevented women who applied perfume from attending the musjid duringhis noble era, there will be a greater need for precaution in this age ofcorruption.

HADEETH 16.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Thewoman who boastfully parades in front of males after adorning herself is likethe darkness of Qiyamat."

HADEETH 17. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "A womanwhose 3 children die in infancy or before reaching the age of puberty and whobears the loss with patience, hoping for reward  will most certainly enterheaven. (MISHKAT)
Therefore if we are confronted with such a calamity, we should have patienceand forbearance.  To wail and mourn is not the habit of a Muslim wife. It(the child) was the property of Allah which He took back.  However, it isnot sinful to shed tears.

HADEETH 18. Nabi Kareem Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "Thebest women of my ummah are those that are beautiful and whose dowry isless". (Dailami)
What wisdom is there in unnecessarily burdening the husband with anextravagant dowry especially if he cannot afford it? The success of themarriage is the mutual love of the partners which cannot be purchased bywealth.

HADEETH 19.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  Whoeverconsoled a woman that lost her child will be given the clothes of Paradiseto wear. (MISHKAT)
i.e. when you go to offer your condolences to a woman who lost her child, donot join her in wailing and crying. On the contrary, speak to her in such amanner so as to induce patience in her.  Allah has promised a person whodoes this the garments of Jannah.

HADEETH 20.  Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said thatAllah Subhanahu Taala says "Sight is a poisonous arrow of the devil.Whosoever, whether male or female protects himself or herself from evilglances  will be granted a sweet Iman (faith) which will please his/herheart."(TABRANI)
The disease of glancing at men without regarding it as sinful is commonamong women. This can occur even though they (the woman) may be fullyconcealed. The arrow of Shaytaan works discreetly.

continues...

[ Last edited by  mnm77 at 2-8-2007 05:52 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 05:49 AM | Show all posts
HADEETH 21.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "The worst person on the day of Qiyamah will be the one who reveals the private life of his wife to others." (Muslim)

Similarly some women have the habit of revealing their private matters to their friends. This is a major sin which should be abstained from.

HADEETH 22. Nabi Kareem Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "When a husband calls his wife at night to have relations with her and she refuses without a valid Shari reason, she is cursed throughout the night by the angels." (BUKHARI)

HADEETH 23.  Nabi Kareem Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  There are 3 persons whose salaah is not accepted nor does any good act of theirs reach the sky.  Firstly, a runaway slave until he returns to his master.  Secondly, a woman whose husband is displeased with her and thirdly an intoxicated person as long as he does not repent from using intoxicants.  (BAIHAQI)

Imagine how serious it is to displease the husband that the wife's salaah is not accepted nor any other good deed of hers.

HADEETH 24.  Hadhrat Aisha Radhiallahu Anha says that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam was sitting amongst the Muhajireen and Ansaar when a camel came and prostrated before him. Upon this the Sahaaba Radhiallahu Anhum said "O Prophet of Allah, if the animals and trees prostrate to you, then we have more rights to prostrate to you."   On hearing this Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said "Worship your Sustainer and honour me. Had I given the command to anyone to prostrate, I would have commanded the wife to prostrate to her husband.  The husband's right is so great that if he commands her to carry a stone from the yellow mountain to the black mountain and then from the black mountain to the white one, she has to fulfil this duty."

HADEETH 25. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said "No woman should ask her husband to divorce his second wife in order to achieve her rights because she will only receive what has been preordained for her." (BUKHARI and MUSLIM)

For example, a person who is married intends to marry a second woman. This woman tells him to divorce the first wife before she will marry him , or there are two women in one person's nikah and one says that she will only live with the husband on condition that he divorces the other.  This has been prohibited by Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam because each one has her own destiny and should  be thankful for that.

HADEETH 26. Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "The rights of the husband on the wife are so great that if pus flows on the husband's body and the woman licks it clean, then too his rights will not be fully fulfilled."  (TARGHEEB)

HADEETH 27.  Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "The world is a Mataa (means of pleasure) and the best Mataa is a pious woman who assists her husband in matters concerning the hereafter." (RAZEEN)

By being patient and enduring a life of poverty, women can grant their husbands more spare time for religious duties. However this is not prevalent today. If the husband intends to do religious work, the wife presents a whole list of requirements to him which forces him to become engrossed in secular matters.

HADEETH 28. Whenever a strange man and woman meet in seclusion Shaytaan definitely is the third one by joining them. (TIRMIZI) i.e. Shaytaan  arouses  their passions and incites them to commit evil.

HADEETH 29.  Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  Make purdah (i.e. conceal yourselves) from a blind man. Ummul Mumineen Hadhrat Aisha Radhhiallahu Anha said "O Prophet of Allah, he is blind. How can he see us?"  Rasulullah Sallallahu  Alaihi  Wasallam replied: "He may be blind, but you are not blind".    (AHMAD,TIRMIZI)

Some women do not make purdah from blind people because of their inability to see. From this hadeeth we can deduce that just as it is forbidden for a man to look at a woman, similarly it is forbidden for a woman to gaze at a strange man.

HADEETH 30.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "A woman should be kept concealed. When she emerges from the home without necessity, Shaytaan makes her appealing in the sight of men." (TIRMIZI)

Evil persons are attracted to her and begin following her or mention her in the gathering of men. This implies that she should leave the house only out of dire necessity.  Today it has become a fashion to adorn the burqa and to embroider the trousers so as  to attract men.  The burqa  was originally made for the purpose of purdah, but we have made it an object of adornment.

HADEETH 31.  Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "The most blessed nikah is the one with the least expenses." (BAIHAQI- IN SHUABUL IMAN)

Today, many of the destitute destroy the youth of their daughters because of not being able to uphold petty customs. They do not possess anything to give nor do they want to have the nikah without an extravagant dowry in fear of being criticized by the  other family members. In order to make our nikahs more blessed  we should abandon these futile customs and on such occasions take a lesson from the simple nikah of Hadhrat Fatima al- Zahra Radhiallahu Anha whose dowry was one water-bag and one bed.

HADEETH 32. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "O women, after sitting in a gathering of women do not go home and explicitly describe any woman to your husbands." (MUSLIM)

This may incline your husband towards her and his affection for you may diminish. What noble advice has been given to us by our Rasul Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam.

HADEETH 33. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "May Allah curse those women who imitate men in appearance and those men who imitate women." (MISHKAT)

Women should not appear like men in their attire and physical appearance.

HADEETH 34.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said :   "When heaven and hell were shown to me I saw that the majority of the inmates of hell were women." (MISHKAT)

The reason for this is that women are ungrateful and disobedient to their husbands. Although they will be leading a comfortable life but as soon as there is a minor problem, they will, on the slightest pretext show ingratitude.

HADEETH 35. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Shall I inform you which woman will enter heaven?"  The Sahaba replied:  "Yes most certainly".  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said "The woman who has children, is lovable, when she becomes angry the husband consoles her and when the husband becomes angry she says that as long as you do not become pleased with me, I will not even apply surmah (antimony) to my eyes."  (TABRANI)

HADEETH 36.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "It is not permissible for any woman to fast optionally without her husband's permission, and it is not permissible for her to allow anyone into his house without his consent."  (BUKHARI)

HADEETH 37. Rasulullah  Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "When any woman troubles her husband, the celestial bride (hur) of heaven calls out "Woe to you. Do not trouble him. He is temporarily with you. He is going to leave you and be our guest. Why do you trouble our beloved?" (IBN MAJAH)

HADEETH 38.  The Messenger of Allah said that women are married for their lineage, wealth, beauty and piety. You should marry one who is pious (BUKHARI).

HADEETH 39.  Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:  "It is extremely abominable for a woman's shoulder to touch a man.  It is better to touch a pig that is all messed up than for a woman to touch the body of a strange man."  (TABRANI)

HADEETH 40. Nabi Kareem Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said "A woman cannot fulfill the rights of Allah without fulfilling the rights of her husband. Even if a woman is busy at the stove and the husband calls her, in that busy period also she must leave all her work and answer his request." (TABRANI)
If Muslim wives mould their lives in the light of the above-mentioned 40 ahaadeeth, every Muslim house can become a model of Jannat. All kinds of quarrels will cease and the misfortune of divorce will not prevail.  Children brought up in such an environment will be an example of piety, discipline, love and sympathy. May Allah make every Muslim house practice upon this.

Further reading on Guidance for the Muslim Wife and for the sake of brevity, please follow this link:

http://www.alinaam.org.za/library/marital/gmwife.htm

The elaboration is too lengthy to be included here. Happy reading. May Allah bless you...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-8-2007 09:41 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mnm77 at 1-8-2007 17:49
Normal, every day activities become acts of worship if they are done for the sake of pleasing Allah. And among these deeds, the regular, consistent deeds are best. Aisha (Radhiallaahu Anha) said  ...

thank you so much for these... but can u continue with the rest of the afternoon & evening!!

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 05:43 PM | Show all posts

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM WOMAN

continue from post#3... (as requested by sis Zamnie )

AFTERNOON:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-8-2007 05:44 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

20-5-2024 10:58 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.117210 second(s), 41 queries .