CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: isabel

Others Asian Country ~ Entertainment News & Info HERE!

[Copy link]
Post time 13-10-2007 01:29 AM | Show all posts
Ajay is a very good cook, says wife Kajol
IANS  [Thursday, October 11, 2007]
Email this article.

New Delhi, Oct 11 (IANS) Hubby Ajay Devgan is a wonderful cook and dishes up mouth-watering Mughlai and Chinese cuisine, vouches Bollywood actor Kajol, while admitting that she is a "bad cook".

Talented actress Kajol told IANS here: "I am a bad cook! My husband cooks really well and makes mouth-watering food varying from Mughlai to Chinese. He is a multitalented person."

In the city to promote Whirlpool home appliances for which she is the brand ambassador, Kajol said her idea of a perfect home is one that has loads of harmony.

"A perfect home is one which has 60-70 percent of harmony. You can never have 100 percent of it, as small tiffs are inevitable. Moreover, if the kitchen is great what else can you ask for," said Kajol, whose daughter Nyasa is four years old.

The actress, who was last seen on screen in "Fanaa" with Aamir Khan, is teaming up with her husband in their home production "U Me Aur Hum", which also marks Ajay's directorial debut.

Their last film together, "Raju Chacha" (2000), sank without a trace. But Kajol said: "It is true that while working together we are more comfortable."

Elaborating on the difference between working in ad films and feature films, she said: "Working in ads is a little more difficult than doing a (feature) film because you have to convey so much in a time span as short as 30 seconds."

And to what extent do endorsements boost the popularity of a star?

"Endorsements have enormous reach and one can connect to a wider and varied audience. It proves beneficial to a star."

Kajol gave a spirited performance in hits like "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge", "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham", to name a few.

Apart from her home production, Kajol will be seen in Yash Raj Films' upcoming venture "Tashan", which also stars Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-10-2007 01:30 AM | Show all posts
Amitabh Bachchan brings in a quiet birthday
Subhash K. Jha  [Thursday, October 11, 2007]
Email this article.

Mumbai, Oct 11 (IANS) Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan, who turns 65 Thursday, brought in his birthday quietly - with his mother in hospital.

Son Abhishek was shooting in Namibia for Goldie Behl's "Drona" and daughter-in-law Aishwarya was wrapping up the "Pink Panther" in Boston while wife Jaya was down with a bout of flu. Added to these problems was the constant worry of a critically ill mother.

"He wrapped up his shooting by evening on the eve of his birthday and headed straight to the hospital to be with his mom. That's where he brought in his birthday. Being with his mother gave him an inner strength and tranquillity," said a close friend of Amitabh.

Bogged down by family, media and legal pressures, the Big B politely refused to do interviews.

"What's there to say? A birthday is like any other day for me. Yes, friends, fans and supporters make it a very special day for me. I accept their good wishes with tremendous humility and gratitude," Amitabh told IANS.

However, the tranquillity was disturbed when scores of fans and media personnel gathered outside his house. There was chaos when he came out to greet them. The guards tried to control the crowds, failed and then called the police in.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-10-2007 01:30 AM | Show all posts
Case against Deols of dishonouring cheque withdrawn
Email this article.

Chennai, Oct 11 (IANS) A court in Chennai Thursday dismissed a case against Bollywood actor Dharmendra and his actor son Sunny Deol for stopping payment of two cheques they issued to the Chennai-based complainant as he told the court that he was dropping the charges.

R. Bhagavandoss Bajaj, proprietor of Sheela Enterprises and Associates, had filed a case against the two actors after two cheques allegedly given by them were not honoured by the banks.

Bajaj approached a metropolitan magistrate's court in April 2006, saying Ajay Singh Deol, on behalf of his company Sunny Sounds, had borrowed Rs.1 million to complete the Hindi film "Big Brother".

When two cheques for Rs.500,000 each issued by Deol were presented for payment, the banks allegedly returned them unpaid, as the account-holder had made a stop-payment request.

Bajaj sent a legal notice on June 6 this year to the directors of the company, which included actors Dharmendra and Sunny. Sunny Deol is the film name of Ajay Singh Deol.

On Thursday, Metropolitan Magistrate C. Thirumagal dismissed the case "as withdrawn", after the complainant appeared before the court in September and sought permission to take back his complaint.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-10-2007 01:31 AM | Show all posts
Suchitra Sen is cheerful, fever under control
Email this article.

Kolkata, Oct 11 (IANS) Suchita Sen, the reclusive screen goddess of yesteryears who was admitted in a Kolkata nursing home Tuesday night with high fever, was Thursday recovering well and her temperature was under control, hospital authorities said.

"Suchitra Sen is doing fine now. The fever is under control and not high at all. She is cheerful and is on a soft diet," Pradip Tandon, the chief executive officer of the Belle Vue Clinic, told IANS.

"She slept well last night. But we would keep her here for three to four days more since she is still very weak," he said.

No one was allowed to visit Sen, 77, except her daughter and actor Moon Moon Sen. However, West Bengal Governor Gopal Krishna Gandhi paid a visit Wednesday night.

Sen's two granddaughters Riya and Raima Sen are now Bollywood actors.

Suchitra, who dominated the Bengali film industry in the 1950s and 60s, left the industry in 1978 after a career of over 25 years, and since then has been living in Garbosque seclusion.

Her pairing with Bengali matinee idol Uttam Kumar produced one box office hit after another. Film buffs outside West Bengal remember her for her powerful performance in the 1975 Gulzar movie "Aandhi".

In August 2006, Suchitra Sen was in the limelight after her name came up for the Dada Saheb Phalke Award, but she could not be honoured with the prize in person as she refused to come out of her seclusion of 28 years and accept the award, which is presented by the president of India.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-10-2007 01:33 AM | Show all posts
'Caste-based discrimination still alive in India'
Frederick Noronha  [Thursday, October 11, 2007]
Email this article.

Panaji, Oct 12 (IANS) After shooting in eight states and across four different religions, a new documentary film suggests that caste-based discrimination is alive and kicking in different pockets of India.

"India Untouched", a 108-minute documentary by Stalin K. in Hindi, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam with English sub-titles, seeks to expose the underbelly of social discrimination across various religious groups in India.

Director Stalin, a Gujarat-based human rights activist, spent four years travelling across India to study what he called "the continued oppression of Dalits, the socially disadvantaged who suffer under a 4,000 year-old" system of discrimination.

Asked what led him to make the film, Stalin said: "Denial! I was sick and tired of people denying the existence of caste or caste-based prejudices.

"The middle classes are more prone to this denial and they are the ones who are most vocal - the writers, the journalists, the policy pushers. My film is dedicated to all those who are in denial of the fact that our lives continue to be governed by age-old caste practices that are discriminatory."

The film introduces leading Benares scholars who interpret Hindu scriptures to mean that Dalits 'have no right' to education, and Rajput farmers who proudly proclaim that no Dalit may sit in their presence and that the police must seek their permission before pursuing cases of atrocities.

The film captures many 'firsts-on-film,' such as Dalits being forced to dismount from their cycles and remove their shoes when in the upper caste part of the village. It also exposes the continuation of caste practices and untouchability in Sikhism, Christianity and Islam, and even amongst the communists in Kerala.

"Even though we are stepping into the 21st century, our social and political relationships with others continue to be governed by stupid and illogical notions and traditions of 'purity', 'pollution', 'inferiority' and 'superiority'," he said.

Said Stalin: "The film has been very well-received, especially by urban youth. Since its premiere in April this year, more than 50 different organisations and individuals across 10 states have organised screenings of this film and I have been personally present in 32 of them.

"From the discussions after the screenings and the constant flow of e-mails, it seems like there is an acceptance and willingness to engage with the issue," he added.

"I have received several e-mails thanking me for making the connection between traditional forms of untouchability, with the desire to marry within ones own caste," said Stalin.

"Subtle casteism is much more dangerous because it's difficult to confront or argue against things that are not blatantly in your face. Today's urban middle class is too sophisticated to practise blatant casteism. But, again, their desire and tradition of wanting to marry only within their caste or sub-caste is not seen as blatant casteism," he argued.

Stalin said it was not easy to capture on film practices like separate cups for Dalits in a teashop.

"Getting the men from the Rajput community to talk of how they use violence and subjugation to perpetuate caste hierarchy was very challenging," Stalin told IANS.

Stalin noted that among Dalits themselves, sub-castes practised untouchability on the lower sub-castes, and a Harijan boy refuses to drink water from a Valmiki boy.

He spoke of how in hallowed academic institutions like Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi an "upper" caste youth builds a partition so as not to look at his Dalit roommate in the early morning.

But the film highlights signs of hope too: the powerful tradition of Dalit drumming is used to call people to the struggle, and a young Dalit girl holds her head high after pulling water from her village well for the first time in her life.

Stalin is co-founder of Drishti - Media, Arts and Human Rights, convener of the Community Radio Forum-India and the India director of Video Volunteers.

He plans films on media and god next.

"Merely exposing some injustices or filming some endangered animals is not enough in today's day and age of a million TV reports a month. Documentary filmmakers will have to discover new languages and treatments to tell their stories," Stalin argued.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-10-2007 01:34 AM | Show all posts
'Jodhaa-Akbar' is 80 percent my imagination: Gowariker
Subhash K. Jha  [Friday, October 12, 2007]
Email this article.

Mumbai, Oct 12 (IANS) His much-talked-about period drama "Jodhaa-Akbar" is a film that director Ashutosh Gowariker describes as a fusion of history and his imagination. He denies any resemblance with K. Asif's magnum opus "Mughal-e-Azam".

"Without explaining what I'm doing, I'll say I'm not competing with 'Mughal-e-Azam' at all. 'Jodhaa-Akbar' is not a remake of any film. I'm making my own discoveries about the central love story as seen through the eyes of history. I hope to carry the burden lightly," he said.

"The background is steeped in history. But the characters are mine. No one knows how Jodha or Akbar behaved. I've to imagine their romance, the palace and harem politics. I'd say 20 percent is history, 80 percent is my imagination," Gowariker added.

Talking about the lead actors, Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan, he said: "There's a certain royal quality to Hrithik's face and body language. As for Aishwarya, she's to me the quintessential princess - straight out of Amar Chitra Katha - the distressed princess waiting in her chamber. Though we've seen her in so many avatars, as Jodha she's something else. Hrithik and Ash are amazing together."

Excerpts:

How different is "Jodhaa-Akbar" from K. Asif's "Mughal-e-Azam"?

That you'll have to see. Without explaining what I'm doing, I'll say I'm not competing with "Mughal-e-Azam" at all. It's a mountain of a classic. No one can surpass it. "Jodhaa-Akbar" is not a remake of any film. I'm making my own discoveries about the central love story as seen through the eyes of history. I hope to carry the burden lightly.

What made you cast Hrithik and Aishwarya as Jodha and Akbar?

There's a certain royal quality to Hrithik's face and body language. He's just amazing in those aspects. As for Aishwarya, she's to me the quintessential princess - straight out of Amar Chitra Katha, the distressed princess waiting in her chamber. Aishwarya has the elegance and, of course, the beauty. Calling her beautiful is an understatement. Though we've seen her in so many avatars, as Jodha she's something else. Hrithik and Ash are amazing together.

What about the objections raised by the animal welfare board?

I've been in touch with them and I've all the required permissions with details of how many animals I'm using, and how many are livestock. I've specified in my letter that I'm using 69 elephants, 50 camels and 100 horses. Every four hours the animals are given a rest period. A member of the animal welfare board visits the sets. I wanted everything worked out on paper. But I have to know beforehand what I am not supposed to do. Suppose I'm suddenly informed that the mukhiya from "Lagaan" can't be shown smoking, I can't do much about it.

Do you think the ban on showing actors smoking is a killer for filmmakers?

It depends. In "Jodhaa-Akbar" Emperor Humayun smoked the hookah. You can't tell me that I can't show him smoking. That's history. And I'm being allowed that.

Are you using authentic jewellery of the Mughal period?

Yes, we're recreating the authentic jewellery of that period based on the miniature paintings of Rajasthan. Jodha and Akbar's jewellery has to look as it did in that era. Today's jewellery is cut in a different way. We had several designers on the job. And Neeta Lulla has designed the whole cast's look - Hrithik, Aishwarya and the soldiers.

If you don't get the Mughal history right, the historians might clobber your film.

That's the first thing I did. I met a whole lot of historians. The research helped me to arrive at a place where my imagination was completely unfettered. I'm sure of one thing. I'm not making a historical document. At the end of the day "Jodhaa-Akbar" has to be a good story told in an interesting manner. I don't want to make a biopic.

The background is steeped in history. But the characters are mine. No one knows how Jodha or Akbar behaved. I've to imagine their romance, the palace and harem politics. I'd say 20 percent is history 80 percent is my imagination.

Are you ready to deal with the purists?

When I met the eminent historian Irfan Habib of Aligarh University he heard my plot. He thought it was a fabulous idea. He told me to forget about history or else I won't be able to make my film. Then I had script sessions with the Maharani and Maharaja of Jaipur who are the direct descendents of Jodha. They did the film's mahurat at the Jaipur City Palace.

I've also met historians from Jamia Millia and Mumbai University and I've got the well-known Omar Khayyam Saharanpuri as my cultural advisor. They are experts on the subject of Akbar's own secular religious order Din-e-Ilahi.

What about the Hindu-Muslim love story?

I don't think of my characters as religious entities. I think of them as my two protagonists whose love went beyond all considerations. I can't allow my vision to be coloured by these considerations. If in 1562, when my romance eventuates, political and religious undertones do resonate, then I won't try to stop them. But these are not my primary concerns as a filmmaker.

There's a growing feeing that costume dramas don't work at the box office.

To me the period is not relevant. The story has to connect with me emotionally, romantically and dramatically. Besides, how many films set in the present times work? So, if I've to fail, I might as well do so while doing what I want to do.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-10-2007 01:35 AM | Show all posts
I'd like Ash to continue working: Abhishek
Email this article.

Mumbai, Oct 12 (IANS) Contrary to reports, there is absolutely no question of Aishwarya Rai giving up her work as husband Abhishek Bachchan is all for the actress continuing with her career.

"I'd like her to continue working for very selfish reasons. I'm her biggest fan and love watching her on screen. The choice is entirely hers, of course. I'd never ever impose my wish on her. But if she asks me I'd certainly want her to go on with her work," Abhishek told IANS.

Aishwarya is on the verge of completing two projects. In Ram Gopal Varma's "Sarkar Raj" her work is almost done, and for Ashutosh Gowariker's "Jodhaa-Akbar" she needs to shoot a song.

But considering she has her husband and his family to look after, would her workload be decreased?

"No. As it is, she never did too much work at the same time. I'd like her to continue with her career and do the volume and kind of work that makes her happy. As her co-star I must say I want her to continue. Because she's a wonderful co-star and a thorough professional on the sets," said Abhishek.

Asked how Aishwarya's name will read in the credits of her forthcoming films, the actor said: "How would that make any difference? I'd like her to call herself by any name that makes her comfortable. To me it doesn't matter what she calls herself. What she is as a person is what matters.

"However, certain legalities have come into play after marriage. Whatever she's required to call herself, she will. I'm sure she'll do what the law requires. As for her name in the credits, I'd enjoy an Aishwarya film no matter what she calls herself."

The actress has green-lighted Suniel Shetty's "Raasta" with Abhishek and John Abraham in the lead.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-10-2007 01:36 AM | Show all posts
Why Sharman lost 'Dhamaal' and 'Golmaal' sequel
Email this article.

Mumbai, Oct 12 (IANS) Rumours are rife that Sharman Joshi lost "Dhamaal" as well as "Golmaal Returns" -- which now has Shreyas Talpade -- because of his high fee.

Sharman, however, denies asking for Rs.15 million.

"I wish I had the guts to ask for that kind of money. And I wish somebody would actually offer me that much. What I charge is nowhere near that amount. So I don't know who's spreading these rumours and for what purpose," Sharman told IANS.

"I didn't do 'Dhamaal' because I didn't like the role. As for 'Golmaal Returns' I'd have loved to do it. But my dates were clashing with another project. If money was an issue, how am I doing another film to be directed by Neeraj Vora for the same banner (Ashtvinayak)?"

The actor, who has accepted some non-comic roles, says he is not making a conscious effort to move away from the all-boys' comedy mould.

"The industry conveniently forgot that I started my career with a serious role as Shabana Azmi's son in Vinay Shukla's 'Godmother'. They latched on to my comic roles in N. Chandra's 'Style' and 'Excuse Me'. Not a problem because I enjoy comedy.

"My new release 'Dhol' had me working with Priyadarshan for the first time. I've learnt a lot about comic timing from him. My co-stars in 'Dhol' were friends. So there was no attempt at oneupmanship. I can't work in a tense competitive atmosphere. Of course, Tusshar Kapoor, Kunal Khemu, Rajpal Yadav and I were competitive in 'Dhol' when the camera was on. But we were happy in our individual space."

Talking about the serious roles he is doing, Sharman said: "In Anurag Basu's 'Life In A Metro', I was seriously appreciated. Then in 'Raqeeb', my efforts at a non-comic role went to waste.

"Now in two of my films, Farouq Kabeer's 'Allah Ke Bande' and Sourabh Narang's 'K11' (the title of this thriller refers to the seat number in a multiplex), I don't have a chuckle to waste."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-10-2007 01:37 AM | Show all posts
I want audiences on my own terms: Sriram Raghavan
Email this article.

Mumbai, Oct 12 (IANS) Although his two suspense thrillers - "Ek Hasina Thi" and "Johnny Gaddaar" - were hugely appreciated by critics, the box office response was not too overwhelming. But Sriram Raghavan refuses to do a formula film to attract audiences.

"Formula film, no. I'd love to have the audience that goes for 'Partner' and 'Heyy Babyy'. But I'd like to have the audience on my own terms," Raghavan told IANS.

"I'm rather disappointed that the ticket sales for 'Johnny Gaddaar' haven't really picked up. I can't do a spoon-feeding kind of cinema. 'Johnny Gaddaar' requires the audience to be attentive. It adheres to the old Hollywood if-you-blink-you-miss-a-link guideline," he added.

Currently, he is busy with his next film, which is a love story. Starring John Abraham, the film will be produced by Rohan Sippy.

And after finishing that, Raghavan will start shooting his unusually titled "Agent Vinod" with Saif Ali Khan.

"If people find the title funny, the very first scene will dispel their amusement because it's a spy thriller in a very realistic mould."

Excerpts:

Your next film stars Saif Ali Khan.

No, before that there's a film with John Abraham. Only then comes "Agent Vinod" with Saif, which my brother Sridhar Raghavan is co-writing with me. If people find the title funny, the very first scene will dispel their amusement because it's a spy thriller in a very realistic mould. It's not one of those fantasy espionage thrillers - not like "Call Agent Vinod" and we cut to Saif in bed, nothing like that. It's not James Bond either. It is more in the mood of a Frederick Forsythe than a James Hadley Chase.

It's a strangely corny title.

Saif liked the title "Agent Vinod" and so did I. A lot of people had told me "Johnny Gaddar" sounded like a B-grade thriller. But even a hardcore commercial producer like Keshu Ramsay liked it. "Agent Vinod" will be made in the middle of 2008.

In "Johnny Gaddaar", you've made amazingly skilled use of songs from the 1960s and 1970s.

Yes, in fact the influence of the Hindi films from that era is very strong on me. I grew up on them. I still remember the snazzy credit titles for Ravi Nagaich's "The Train". I've used that style in the credits of "Johnny Gaddaar". Songs like "Rama rama ghazab" and "Bachke kahan jaoge" fitted in very well with the narrative. And these were the songs and films I grew up with.

My editor Pooja Surti helped me pick those songs. She has even sung "Mora gora ang lai le" from "Bandini". I wanted to include "Bachke kahan jaoge" in my CD. It's from "Yakeen" where Dharamendraji played a negative role but the copyright was too expensive.

There are so many influences in "Johnny Gaddaar".

I had the script with me from before my first film "Ek Hasina Thi". I wanted to make it with unknown actors. But I didn't get a producer. I met my leading man Neil Mukesh Mathur in Jhamu Sugandh's office. He has a common secretary with Hrithik. And I had gone to meet Jhamuji for a film with Hrithik. He gave me the portfolio. I sounded off the idea of "Johnny Gaddaar" to him. He loved it.

Though he wanted to be a conventional leading man, Neil grabbed the chance to play this cold-blooded killer. I just hope his next four to five films would be right. I'd rather have him grow as an actor first. He needs to work with directors who'd educate him on life and cinema. By the way, Neil is excellent in conventional stuff.

Both Saif and Neil in your two films are antagonists.

It was just a coincidence. I'm very attracted to Dostoevsky's theory of "Crime and Punishment" or Patricia Highsmith's "Tom Ripley" series where he's amiable and cruel. Actual people are like that.

Actual people don't plot and kill.

I guess these two are extreme cases (laughed)

He does it for love in "Johnny Gaddaar"?

We don't really know whether Neil's character loves the girl. We toyed with the idea of making the romance more prominent. I know she loves him. But does he really love her? I don't know.

If you don't know how do we know?

Nobody knows.

Can you do a conventional formula film?

Formula film, no. I'm rather disappointed that the ticket sales for "Johnny Gaddaar" haven't really picked up. I'm hoping they would eventually. I'd love to have the audience that goes for "Partner" and "Heyy Babyy". But I'd like to have the audience on my own terms.

I can't do a spoon-feeding kind of cinema. "Johnny Gaddaar" requires the audience to be attentive. It adheres to the old Hollywood if-you-blink-you-miss-a-link guideline.

You've copied a murder plan from an old Amitabh Bachchan starrer "Parwana"?

Yes, Neil's audacious criminal plan comes in his head while watching "Parwana". I needed to reveal the source of the murder plot from the outset.

One actor who's keen to work with you is Irrfan Khan.

I know. I approached Irrfan to play Zakir Hussain's role in "Johnny Gaddaar". But he was busy elsewhere.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-10-2007 01:38 AM | Show all posts
Shah Rukh voiceover draws tourists to Chittorgarh show
IANS  [Friday, October 12, 2007]
Email this article.

Jaipur, Oct 12 (IANS) With the voiceover done by Bollywood stars Hema Malini and Shah Rukh Khan, the light and sound show at Chittorgarh Fort in Rajasthan's historic city of Chittorgarh has become a great attraction for tourists.

Besides the two actors, famous singers Lata Mangeshkar and Rehmat Khan have also lent their voices to the show.

The one-hour evening entertainment in the fort, which is spread across a 280-hectare site on the top of a 180-metre-high hill, is proving to be a great draw as about 1,000 to 1,500 visitors come to see the show every day.

Chittorgarh, also called Chittor, was the capital of the erstwhile princely state of Mewar under the Rajputs from the 7th to 16th centuries.

Completed at a cost of around Rs.29 million, the light and sound show project is the first of its kind in the state that has been set up on a public-private partnership (PPP) basis.

Financed by the central tourism ministry and executed by the ITDC, the show is being run by the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC) and Hindustan Zinc Limited on a partnership basis.

"The department of tourism has been making concerted efforts to improve tourist facilities in Chittorgarh and the sound and light show is a step in this direction," Rajasthan Tourism Minister Usha Punia said in a statement.

The minister added the newly introduced show suitably reflects the pride and glory of Rajasthan. The episodes of romance, valour and chivalry have been creatively displayed.

The show begins with a 6th century king's search for a place to establish his capital. He finds Chittor to be a safe place from invasions.

The story then meanders to the valiant defence of the town by Bappa Rawal from Arab invaders.

Episodes in the show also relate to the beauty of Rani Padmini while Rana Kumbha is portrayed as a versatile and able ruler. The spirituality and devotion of Meera, the treacherous plan to kill young Udai Singh and the supreme sacrifice by Panna Dai are some other gripping features of the show that enthral visitors.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-10-2007 01:39 AM | Show all posts
No Smoking (2007)   

Language:  HINDI  
Director:  Anurag Kashyap  
Producer:  Kumar Mangat  
Cast:  John Abraham, Ranvir Shorey, Ayesha Takia, Joy Fernandes, Paresh Rawal, Sanjay Singh  
Music:  Vishal Bharadwaj  
Lyrics:  Gulzar  

'No Smoking' songs, unconventional but catchy
Meghna Menon

In "No Smoking", filmmaker-composer Vishal Bharadwaj uses his unique style to make each song stand out. Even if the songs do not do well, they will certainly get noticed.

The album starts of with "Ash tray" in which singer Deva Sen Gupta's voice stands out. Gulzar's lyrics are quite meaningful and Bharadwaj has kept the music subtle, giving more importance to the singer's rendition. A slow track with a different feel to it, "Ash tray" has the chance to do well.

In "Jab Bhi Cigarette", Sunidhi Chauhan attempts a completely different genre and sounds very unlike herself. However, the track is unlikely to find favour for long.

With Sufi as its base, "Kash Laga" comes in next, which, again, has been composed keeping the theme of the movie in mind. All the three singers, Sukhwinder Singh, Daler Mehendi and Vishal Bharadwaj, have sung very well and could pass off as original Sufi singers. In spite of all its plus points, "Kash Laga" may not do too well.

A situational track, "Phoonk de" is sung well by Sukhwinder Singh. He manages to grab attention.

Rekha Bharadwaj attempts the second version of "Phoonk De", which is sure to get noticed due to the distinctive fusion of Rekha's deep voice with the dhol beats. It is an interesting number.

"No Smoking" songs are unconventional, yet catchy. Bharadwaj does justice to the subject and has set a completely different standard for composers in the future.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2007 12:15 PM | Show all posts

saif ali khan accepted that he and kareena are in love

saif ali khan accepted that he and kareena are in love

Kareena and Saif Spotted Together!
                      IndiaGlitz                       [Thursday, October 18, 2007]                     

Latest news is Bollywood, actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan were spotted together in a Lakme Fashion Week . Recently they were rumors that Kareena and long time boyfriend were splitting because Shahid had problem with Kareena Getting close to Saif.
Putting all rumors to rest, Saif Ali Khan has finally announced loud and clear that he and Kareena are a pair. When asked about their relationship, Saif said, "For the time being all I am comfortable with saying is that we are together. I think the media is giving too much attention to this. Kareena and I are here and are happy with each other." Kareena however chose to take a back seat and let her man do all the talking. She smiled, blushed and kept mum.

[ Last edited by  _19788 at 19-10-2007 12:36 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2007 01:36 PM | Show all posts
Kareena in Saif hands, Shahid dodges the press                                                         CNN-IBN
                                                                                                                                                                                Published on  Friday   , October   19, 2007 at 03:29 in Entertainment section

Mumbai:It took an MMS clip allegedly featuring Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapur to make their hush-hush affair 'official' in 2004. Three years downafter much buzz on the grapevine about a break-up between the coupleand the entry of the now single Saif Ali Khan into Kareena's life

Use magic Report

Post time 23-12-2007 03:27 PM | Show all posts
ni thread utk indon ke india?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-12-2007 09:10 PM | Show all posts
Thread ni la yang paling mengkonpiuskan

Use magic Report

Post time 13-4-2008 07:16 PM | Show all posts
aduhaiiiiii..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-6-2008 02:01 AM | Show all posts
pelik ak!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-6-2008 11:27 AM | Show all posts
sori ah semua...

skrg thread ni bel dah tukar kepada umum...

so semua news yg berkenaan negara asia lain am nyer Indon, Thai, Filipino..leh ler post kat sini...

Use magic Report

Post time 10-4-2023 04:17 AM | Show all posts
The Pakistan Naval force is a strong equipped power that works in the locale around the Bedouin Ocean. pak navy

Use magic Report

Post time 12-5-2023 08:48 PM | Show all posts
En quelques secondes, votre fichier MP3 sera téléchargé. Vous n'obtiendrez jamais un convertisseur youtube en mp3 comme. convertisseur youtube mp3

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 01:15 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070697 second(s), 42 queries .