ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 5660|Reply: 34

Story For The Day

[Copy link]
Post time 25-2-2008 09:36 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
The Power of Words

A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. All the other frogs gathered around the pit. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead.

The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all of their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out.

When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.

For me this story make us to think about:
1. An encouraging word to someone who is down can encourage them to achieve their goal.
2. A destructive word to someone who is down can have negative effects. Be careful of what you say.

[ Last edited by  leogal_1428 at 25-2-2008 03:10 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-2-2008 01:10 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 leogal_1428's post

Ironik pun ada gak...jika kita dengar sekatan @ kekangan dari
orang di sekeliling kita, sampai bilapun kita akan ketinggalan @ tidak maju...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2008 03:18 PM | Show all posts
One day an old man was walking along the beach in the early morning and noticed the tide had washed thousands of starfish up on the shore. Up ahead in the distance he spotted a boy who appeared to be gathering up the starfish and one by one tossing them back into the ocean.

He approached the boy and asked him why he spent so much energy doing what seemed to be a waste of time.

The boy replied, "If these starfish are left out here like this they will bake in the sun, and by this afternoon they will all be dead."

The old man gazed out as far as he could see and responded, "But, there must be hundreds of miles of beach and thousands of starfish. You can't possibly rescue all of them. What difference is throwing a few back going to make anyway?"

The boy then held up the starfish he had in his hand and replied, "It's sure going to make a lot of difference to this one!"

The point/moral: Dont do good by seeing the impact that it will give but do good because you want to. Even donating RM1 to someone is consider big for the person who receiving it.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-2-2008 03:45 PM | Show all posts

Reply #2 seribulan's post

sy setuju..kalau kita tak percaya pd kebolehan sendiri memag tak kemana la ..
kita kena tgk apa kebolehan yang kita ada untuk membuat sesuatu..
bukan dgr hanya mendengar kekangan org shja..
percaya pd diri sendiri kerana setiap manusia ada kelemahan dan kebaikan jugak

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 25-2-2008 09:13 PM | Show all posts

hai..
        klu katak tu tak 'sound trouble', dia pun mati gak.

Yg penting dia kena kuat mental dr terpengaruh dgn kata2 negatif. Klu tak, susah nak maju ler. Petua saya klu org nak kata yg negatif atau yg melemahkan semangat, saya selalu guna kata2 dari Clark Gable kpd Scarlett O'Hara saja: "I don't give a damn"  (Dlm hati je la.) he..he..At least saya tak perlu nak layan sgt kata2 dia org tu. Word saya lagi power.   Tu je la nak ckp.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-2-2008 11:05 AM | Show all posts

THE PEARL NECKLACE

The cheerful little girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them, a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box.

"Oh mommy please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please?"

Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face.

"A dollar ninety-five. That's almost $2.00. If you really want them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from Grandma."

As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. McJames if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace.

Jenny loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere, Sunday school, kindergarten, even to bed. The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.

Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story. One night as he finished the story, he asked Jenny, "Do you love me?"

"Oh yes, daddy. You know that I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."
"Oh, daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess, the white horse from my collection, the one with the pink tail. Remember, daddy? The one you gave me. She's my very favorite."

"That's okay, Honey, daddy loves you. Good night." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss.

About a week later, after the story time, Jenny's daddy asked again, "Do you love me?"

"Daddy, you know I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."
"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She is beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."

"That's okay. Sleep well. God bless you, little one. Daddy loves you."

And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss.

A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed.

As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek.

"What is it, Jenny? What's the matter?"

Jenny didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said, "Here, daddy; this is for you."

With tears gathering in his own eyes, Jenny's daddy reached out with one hand to take the dime store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Jenny.

He had them all the time He was just waiting for her to give up the dime-store stuff so he could give her the genuine treasure. So it is, with our Heavenly Father. He is waiting for us to give up the cheap things in our lives so that he can give us beautiful treasures.

God will never take away something without giving you something better in its place.

MESSAGE OF THE STORY
The greatest gifts happen when you share love and touch others.

What matters in life... how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how you gracefuly let go of things that are not meant for you.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 27-2-2008 10:16 AM | Show all posts

My 4 Boyfriends

Once upon a time there was this girl who had four boyfriends.

She loved the 4th boyfriend the most and adorned him with rich robes and treated him to the finest of delicacies. She gave him nothing but the very best.

She also loved the 3rd boyfriend very much and was always showing him off to neighboring kingdoms. However, she feared that one day he would leave her for another.

She also loved her 2nd boyfriend. He was her confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with her. Whenever this girl faced a problem, she could confide in him, and he would help her get through the difficult times.

The girls 1st boyfriend was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining her wealth and kingdom. However, she did not love the first boyfriend. Although he loved her deeply, she hardly took notice of him!

One day, the girl fell ill and she knew her time was short. She thought of her luxurious life and wondered, I now have four boyfriends with me, but when I die, I'll be all alone."

Thus, she asked the 4th boyfriend, "I loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No way!", replied the 4th boyfriend, and he walked away without another word.

His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her heart.

The sad girl then asked the 3rd boyfriend, "I loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No!", replied the 3rd boyfriend. "Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to marry someone else!"

Her heart sank and turned cold.

She then asked the 2nd boyfriend, "I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!", replied the 2nd boyfriend. "At the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave."

His answer struck her like a bolt of lightning, and the girl was devastated.

Then a voice called out: "I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go."

The girl looked up, and there was her first boyfriend. He was very skinny as he suffered from malnutrition and neglect.

Greatly grieved, the girl said, "I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!"

In truth, you have 4 boy friends in your lives:

Your 4th boyfriend is your body. No matter how much time and effort you lavish in making it look good, it will leave you when you die.

Your 3rd boyfriend is your possessions, status and wealth. When you die, it will all go to others.

Your 2nd boyfriend is your family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for you, the furthest they can stay by you is up to the grave.

And your 1st boyfriend is your Soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world.

However, your Soul is the only thing that will follow you where ever you go. Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of you that will follow you to the throne of God and continue with you throughout Eternity.

Thought for the day: Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray .

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-2-2008 02:39 PM | Show all posts

Enjoy the Present

It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking..

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.

One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon
to help drain the fluid from his lungs.
His bed was next to the room ' s only window.

The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end.
They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs,
their involvement in the military service, where they had been on
vacation.

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit
up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the
things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods
where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity
and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.
Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their
model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every
color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the
distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details,
the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and
imagine this picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing
by.

Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in
his mind ' s eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with
descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths
only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had
died peacefully in his sleep.
She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body
away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be
moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch,
and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his
first look at the real world outside.
He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased
roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this
window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see
the wall.

She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'

Moral of the story:
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our
own situations.

Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is
doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that
money can ' t buy.

'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present .'

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-2-2008 09:30 AM | Show all posts

One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance that ran up to him
excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of
your students called Plato?"

Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass
a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test".

"Triple filter?"

That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my student
let's take a moment to filter what you're going to say.

The first Filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are
about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and..."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not.

Now let's try the second filter, the Filter of Goodness. Is what you are
about to tell me about my student something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him,
even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued. "You may still pass the test though, because there is a
third filter - the Filter of usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about
my student going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really..."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True,
nor Good, nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?" The man was defeated
and ashamed.

This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high
esteem.

It also explains why he never found out that Plato was sleeping with his
wife.

Well.......to me its no harm to listen/read gossip but as long we know which is good and bad. More ever...please dont try to be a gossip.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-3-2008 12:15 PM | Show all posts
One beautiful spring day a red rose blossomed in a forest. Many kinds of trees and plants grew there. As the rose looked around, a pine tree nearby said, "What a beautiful flower. I wish I was that lovely." Another tree said, "Dear pine, do not be sad, we can not have everything."

The rose turned its head and remarked, "It seems that I am the most beautiful plant in this forest."

A sunflower raised its yellow head and asked, "Why do you say that? In this forest there are many beautiful plants. You are just one of them." The red rose replied, "I see everyone looking at me and admiring me." Then the rose looked at a cactus and said, "Look at that ugly plant full of thorns!" The pine tree said, "Red rose, what kind of talk is this? Who can say what beauty is? You have thorns too."

The proud red rose looked angrily at the pine and said, "I thought you had good taste! You do not know what beauty is at all. You can not compare my thorns to that of the cactus."

"What a proud flower", thought the trees.
The rose tried to move its roots away from the cactus, but it could not move. As the days passed, the red rose would look at the cactus and say insulting things, like: This plant is useless? How sorry I am to be his neighbor."

The cactus never got upset.

The Moral: God did not create any form of life without a purpose. Dont judge a book by its cover and dont under estimate others.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2008 04:18 PM | Show all posts

The Duck & The Devil

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm.
He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He
Practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting
A little discouraged, he headed back for dinner. As he was
Walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck.

Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck
Square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved.

In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see
His sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.

After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the
Dishes." But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in
The kitchen." Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So
Johnny did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go
Fishing and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make
Supper." Sally just smiled and said," Well that's all right because Johnny told
Me he wanted to help." She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally
Went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's,
He finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck. Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long
You would let Sally make a slave of you."

Thought for the day and every day thereafter?
Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done... And the devil
Keeps throwing it up in your face (lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad
Habits, hatred, anger, bitterness, etc.) ....whatever it is....You need to know that God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing..... He has seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven .

He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave
Of you. The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness, He
Not only forgives you, but He forgets . It is by God's grace and
Mercy that we are saved. Go ahead and make the difference in someone's life today.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2008 12:32 PM | Show all posts

Build Quality Into Your House

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family. He would miss the paycheck, but he needed to retire. They could get by.
The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end his career.
When the carpenter finished his work and the builder came to inspect the house, the contractor handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "This is your house," he said, "my gift to you."
What a shock! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently. Now he had to live in the home he had built none too well.

So it is with us. We build our lives in a distracted way, reacting rather than acting, willing to put up less than the best. At important points we do not give the job our best effort. Then with a shock we look at the situation we have created and find that we are now living in the house we have built. If we had realized, we would have done it differently.

The moral:
Think of yourself as the carpenter. Think of your life as the house. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board or erect a wall, build wisely. It is the only life you will ever build. Even if you live it for only one day more, that day deserves to be lived graciously and with dignity.
The plaque on the wall says, "Life is a do-it-yourself project, do it to the best of your ability."

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2008 01:19 PM | Show all posts

An inspiring message to keep on think good and do good as the person affected might be us.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2008 01:24 PM | Show all posts

Yes it is true, every thing is create for a purpose or to serve it. Never look down on others. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-3-2008 04:53 PM | Show all posts

A Tale of Two Salesmen

Maybe you have heard of the tale of the two salesmen who went to
Africa. The story goes like this.

A western shoe salesman went to Africa to scout the market. He wired
his manufacturer, `I want to come home. Nobody wears shoes in this
part of Africa.'

They brought him home and sent another salesman. The new salesman
hurriedly wired an order, `Everybody here needs shoes!"
Seeing everyone bear-footed in that area of Africa may have
discouraged the first salesman.

He must have thought, "Geeesh, nobody uses shoes here, not even a
hand-made footwear. How in the world can I sell shoes here when they
don't see the benefit of it? I better go home."
He missed the opportunity to make it big. He could not see.
On the other hand, the second salesman thought, "If I can only
convince them to wear shoes. If I can show them the benefit. I can
almost imagine whole villages buying my shoes. Wow! Aside from
helping them enjoy the benefit of wearing shoes, I am going to make
a great profit! I can get married and start a family and I can buy
that dream house

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-3-2008 01:48 PM | Show all posts

Life Is Wonderful If You Know How To Live It

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: 揑 am blind, please help.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-3-2008 03:04 PM | Show all posts

Great Failures....Greater Successes

To succeed in business or life we must continually take remedial actions. Putting yourself on the line day after day can be extremely draining, especially when things do not work out as  desired. Hence, each time a disappointing event happens, I like to get reminded of these famous failures:

Bill Gates founder and chairman of Microsoft, has literally changed the work culture of the world in the 21st century, by simplifying the way computer is being used. He was the world's richest man for more than one decade. However, in the 1970's before starting out, he was a Harvard University dropout. The most ironic part is that, he started a software company (that was soon to become Microsoft) by purchasing the software technology from "someone" for only $US50 back then.

Abraham Lincoln received no more than 5 years of formal education throughout his lifetime. When he grew up, he joined politics and had 12 major failures before he was elected the 16th President of the United States of America.

Isaac Newton was the greatest English mathematician of his generation. His work on optics and gravitation made him one of the greatest scientists the world has even known. Many thought that Isaac was born a genius, but he wasn't! When he was young, he did very poorly in grade school, so poor that his teachers became clueless in improving his grades.

Ludwig van Beethoven, a German composer of classical music, is widely regarded as one of history's supreme composers. His reputation has inspired

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 10:19 AM | Show all posts

Reply #5 ChekAbang_'s post

as for me..slalu kata dlm hati
"Learn to be deaf to those people who steal your dream"

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 03:15 PM | Show all posts

THINK

If you think you are beaten, you are
If you think that you dare not, you don't
If you like to win, but think you can't
It's almost certain, you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you've lost
For out in the world you'll find
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win the prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man;
But sooner or later the man who wins
Is the Man who THINKS HE CAN.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-4-2008 01:25 PM | Show all posts

Going Strong

Napoleon Hill liked to tell a story about his grandfather, a wagon builder
in North Carolina. When the old man cleared the land for cultivation, he
always left a few oak trees in the middle of the field at the mercy of the
elements, unsheltered by other trees in the forest. It was from those trees
that his grandfather made the wagon's wheels. Because they were forced to
struggle against the fury of nature, they grew strong enough to bear the
heaviest load. Welcome difficult challenges, for the greatest opportunities
will come from challenges that force you to expand your mind as you search
for creative solutions. During life's bleakest hours, take solace in the
face that you are strengthening yourself through struggle so that in the
future you will be prepared to take on even greater challenges. Like the old
oak tree, you grow strong only when you are forced to struggle.

The point : REMEMBER THE MIND GROWS STRONG THROUGH USE. STRUGGLE MAKES POWER.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 08:08 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.254118 second(s), 47 queries .