Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hamizao

RESPECT.....

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 14-5-2008 11:11 PM | Show all posts

Reply #39 aizverus's post

Hi! Nice to have ya! Hope all is well at the Myth & History front. Wah, you are a night bird too.....;)

I was having a conversation with uncle about the language in thinking.....is there such thing? None 'cause it's how you percieve things. How is that for thoughts. Sorry mod, for the digression.

OK, back to your issue on respect............. Do you mean that you need to have knowledge in order to gain the respect of others? Is that what you are saying?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-5-2008 11:36 PM | Show all posts

Reply #40 my-alja's post

Glad that we concur,:handshake:

Pls note that I am not saying one is better than the other. I think, in the end a well balanced person is desirable. So bila kids acquire what is expected of them they do tend to be more confident and self-respecting.

Some kids just don't 'fight' back. Instead they just go to a corner and sulk, or some place else to remorse over something too big to handle. Some would go running to their parents for support..........Ni kena handle with care.

About the human software tu...........banyak depends on nurturing juga.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2008 11:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 14-5-2008 09:49 AM
Macam sistem penglihatan lelaki dan perempuan.

Women has better peripheral viision compared to men. Men has better telescopic vision.

Nice one Agul..............looks like women has better bird's eyeview on things.........sekali toleh dah nampak semua or ..is it? Atau ada banyak blind side kerana selalu kena tutup sebelah mata! Men kena tunggu2 dulu nak set fokus.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 12:04 AM | Show all posts
A tough topic to crack!
Self-respect is akin to individual honor, commonly prevails and exhibits by a perfect gentleman( sorry no gender discrimination).  On facing death by firing squad a king's officer remains stoic for fear of being labelled a coward. A noble and immutable virtue.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 08:52 AM | Show all posts

Reply #44 hamizao's post

yeah...

and that's why men or husband keep getting caught ogling at other women. It's not that women don't do it as much. It's that women are harder to get caught.

woe to men...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2008 08:54 AM | Show all posts
Oh, and another ting it seems mens vision resemble the carnivore more and women are like the herbivore. Of predator and prey.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 15-5-2008 11:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 15-5-2008 08:54 AM
Oh, and another ting it seems mens vision resemble the carnivore more and women are like the herbivore. Of predator and prey.

Huhuhuhu! Very interesting........but then when ppl like say, MM with the come hither look would you say she is the prey?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 01:15 AM | Show all posts

dear boy?

Originally posted by aizverus at 14-5-2008 02:20 AM
salam..

this is my first time to get here...

auntie hami...baru kali ni jumpa board ni...well...memang educated punya board nih..takutnyer...

well, i need you all to tajamkan my english. ...

okay .. u may start by writing simple statement like...

1) what  do you want say / ask specifically...
2) Why do you want to know about it...

just write using simple English...urs is not bad u know...

so i would ask you to clarify ur question.

and Congratulation for wanting to TRY ..to attempt things...u are matured for one berani tu i puji

[ Last edited by  mbhcsf at 16-5-2008 01:28 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-5-2008 10:25 AM | Show all posts

Reply #42 hamizao's post

Language in Thinking? semiotics in representations? r u talking about Derrida? hihi
currently have to relate my final assignment to Derrida....
adoiii...sakit kepala betul

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 10:26 AM | Show all posts
server mcm tut...

[ Last edited by  redsinner at 16-5-2008 10:38 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 10:28 AM | Show all posts

Reply #39 aizverus's post

hi aizverus!

welcome and jgn malu2 nak post kat sini.
all of us are very peramah and we educate each other here.
if u have any question, just blurt em out ya!

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 10:37 AM | Show all posts
server mcm tut....  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-5-2008 10:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #46 mbhcsf's post

Yes, I would say that is one lady who understood self-respect and honour. I remembered the story of Bodecea (not sure the spelling), to put England on it's knees the Roman conquerors raped her, the queen and her daughters.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 10:07 PM | Show all posts
I just mentioned abt SELF RESPECT in another thread "what's most important in life..."

Wld like to share it here too... (hope copy paste my own post fr another thread isnt against the policy... )

"One of the most important things in life is....

SELF RESPECT...

Because when you respect yourself, you respect others regardless whether they are human, animal, mother earth, and most importantly GOD...

Even if you have the highest education, but without respect towards yourself and your surrounding, most likely you will turn out to be self centered, greedy, destructive and manipulative...

Just look at what's going on in this world...."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-5-2008 11:16 PM | Show all posts

Reply #51 redsinner's post

I was actually toying with the idea of somekind of "medium" for the thoughts to to exist...something not=biology of brain. Little then that I realise that Language of Thoughts have been philosophised !:eek:  Well...didn't finish school so how do I know! Now, this is getting interesting!

Aiz.........thanks. You were the one who got me thinking of this language thing!

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 16-5-2008 11:29 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 16-5-2008 11:25 PM | Show all posts

Reply #51 redsinner's post

You sound like a student majoring in philosophy
I am only a bystander locked out of school because of my excessive ignorance...
Derrida...an Algerian born during the time of repressive French colonialism..so they say..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-5-2008 12:25 AM | Show all posts

Reply #58 thamrong's post

dillante is the best.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2008 02:22 PM | Show all posts

Reply #60 hamizao's post

what about mental pic?
this mentalese? in auditory form? word images? That would necessitates learning to read or write first.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2008 02:41 PM | Show all posts
I learned self-respect when I was in high school. A day trip to the zoo was a fiasco....A bunch of girl students approaching the chimps' cage got some of the nasty males excited. It was unthinkable obscenity.
I loss my self-respect when the neighbor's bob cat pissed on my philosophy books left overnight outside the driveway.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2008 02:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #61 thamrong's post

Nice cat! Humbling experience i must say...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 04:26 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084845 second(s), 46 queries .