CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2863|Reply: 17

Measure Of Success

[Copy link]
Post time 21-7-2008 11:02 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

So if you are naturally brilliant, is that not much of a success? Or is it relative to where everyone else is?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2008 11:55 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 hamizao's post

wow....this is a very interesting....
im really sleepy but this realy has opened up my eyes....

i answer yes....its a really yes...

naturally brilliant always called in the name of genius, and naturally not brilliant always known as drop out...

ive been thinking so much about this......when i was a child, i always wanted to be a genius....but when I getting older, i started to like a drop out....
i started to appreciate a life of a drop out....

when I see a naturally genius, and naturally drop out, i see the "NATURALLY" as not fair....
so I started to think what is the measure of success that is the most fair.....

now, I know who is a real genius.....

a real genius is, when he/she encounter difficulties, he/she try  his/her best....no matter hes a natural genius or a natural drop out....and result is not important....

hamizao, am I fair enough.....

[ Last edited by  ussopp at 22-7-2008 07:48 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2008 02:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 21-7-2008 11:02 PM

So if you are naturally brilliant, is that not much of a success? Or is it relative to where everyone else is?

I don't agree. This is of the no pain, no gain mentalities.

You see, we equate struggle with deservingness, with success.

I might even go as far as saying only effortless success is meaningful.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2008 02:35 PM | Show all posts
for me, it's not about YOU....
is about people around u, benefit from what u give up

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2008 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 21-7-2008 11:02 PM

u would probably want to look the matter at hand this way Hami- if a galis naturally brilliant then  her success is measued by the quantity of award that  she had - like pathology etc etc if we are taking the word success as literally as possible. I  am of the opinion that a person's success  would be best measured by the degree of importance of the field she is venturing into her reasech etc etc and the impact  - the degree of the  impact of her success to the ummah. Coz we live to contribute , right?
but then the question arised could be whether the impact of the sucess is basically - relative - to everyone else?
so if that person is brillaint she would have acquire a success of the hihest degree within the class of her own same level of playing fieldlah kan Hami?This is also fair as the difficulty or the challenges would be equating to the brain capacity , kan?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2008 04:45 PM | Show all posts
Hami, say -  a gal with an IQ of 156  does not have to give up anything , it lies in the way she  goes about thing, the  way she adopted in tacking the challnges the perception etc etc .....

so i go still fo the impact , nit the ho wmuch she need to lose to achieve it......

but then again HAmi heheheh your statement could be plausible in certain situation ....or sle there can't be such a saying : work smart not hard , kan?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-7-2008 07:33 PM | Show all posts
Success is a state of mind and it is very subjective. To me success is when one is happy with what he has and has no complain bout it  ..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-7-2008 02:53 AM | Show all posts

Reply #2 ussopp's post

now, I know who is a real genius.....

a real genius is, when he/she encounter difficulties, he/she try  his/her best....no matter hes a natural genius or a natural drop out....and result is not important....

hamizao, am I fair enough.....

Generally, I believe the measure of success  ought to be the actual achieved against expectation with a degree of "difficulty" thrown in - hence you may have  big success or small success. It can be relative too. To a genius, he may consider his success as small while to the normal , it is pretty big by their standard. Am I with you, ussopp?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-7-2008 11:22 AM | Show all posts
any task completed is a success, self judgemental

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2008 11:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ajinomotonosuga at 27-7-2008 11:22 AM
any task completed is a success, self judgemental

....and a task is naturally work, challenge overcome.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2008 09:07 AM | Show all posts

Reply #10 hamizao's post

hmm? how's that so Hami ?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2008 06:56 AM | Show all posts
It's not about whether you're brilliant or not.

It's how efortless can you succeed. Effort comes from ego. Look how I suffer, therefore i'm worthy, I'm noble. Get rid of that. This is my story. Look how I suffer. I am the hero. It's their fault. etc...

By efforting, you strenghen ego. So, by succeeding, effortlessly, you transcend ego, you go beyond them, you break them.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2008 10:20 AM | Show all posts
so Hami ...success can be perceptively (subjectively) measured and objectively measured. But then with all those arguments laid at hand now, why does one piousness is ( piety) taken as the yardstick By God, kan? i wonder actually....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-7-2008 11:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 29-7-2008 10:20 AM
so Hami ...success can be perceptively (subjectively) measured and objectively measured. But then with all those arguments laid at hand now, why does one piousness is ( piety) taken as the yardst ...

Hmm... Well, people percieve that a pious person must also be this and that......a mere preconception I must say which may not be accurate all the time.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 31-7-2008 12:27 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2008 03:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 30-7-2008 11:58 PM

Hmm... Well, people percieve that a pious person must also be this and that......a mere preconception I must say which may not be accurate all the time.

that's why ..it is when the society ( which society and from which groups?, is it) dictates what a piousperson or perepaun melayu terakhir should  be then the trouble starts .....tulah after all we do not know how a person's succes is best measured by and based on which yardstick and the rationales behind it

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-8-2008 12:59 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 & 15 mbhcsf's post

Objectively , I like to use the analogy to;

work = force x displacement x cos theta

force = effort
displacement = change
theta = synchronization betwix effort and change.

So success can be greatest when cos theta =1 .........complete synchrony. If you intend to go right your change is also to the right and not to any other direction...............cam gitu.

As for the preconception, it does effect judgement. I am usuallly careful about such things as there are many factors in play.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-8-2008 08:17 AM | Show all posts

Reply #16 hamizao's post

luv u when u talking physics....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2008 12:10 AM | Show all posts

Reply #17 mbhcsf's post

Does that mean you endorse the view?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

21-5-2024 06:17 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.079047 second(s), 45 queries .