Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: gunblade712

Need explanations regarding some of Bible verses

[Copy link]
Post time 24-4-2009 03:58 PM | Show all posts

Reply #240 gunblade712's post

You can said like that.

It's also logical. No son can be older than the father. I don't think also a king would adopt someone older than him to be his son.

Regards.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-4-2009 04:07 PM | Show all posts

Balas #241 kompia23\ catat

so how come the majority of Christendom is unaware of this "mistakes" in the KJV, kompia?

yes, I also believed it to be logical explanation, but how about those who read the KJV?

If certain aspect of translations is confusing, we, the Muslims, would return to the arabic word of the Quran and studied it from there.

Is this applicable to Christendom? I don't see any other way to solve this, given the fact that even your brethren blatantly says that they took it from different manuscript.

but I'm quoting from the same verse, the same chapter, but from different version.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-4-2009 03:59 PM | Show all posts

Reply #242 gunblade712's post

so how come the majority of Christendom is unaware of this "mistakes" in the KJV, kompia?

Because they are not worry about the king's age, but more worry about their salvation which comes from Jesus Christ.

but how about those who read the KJV?

The KJV also teaches many other more important matters such as redemption, repentance, forgiveness, Kingdom of God, Heaven...  Why not focus on those instead on a dead King's age. Sorry but that how it is. By the way, what would they gained in knowing the king ascended at 22 or at 42? Could you tell me.

Is this applicable to Christendom?

Kinda saying you wanna blame the translators' mistakes on Christendom. Of course, they are not acceptable, but what you gonna do about it? For me, i just tell the truth, just like what i'm doing to you and everyone here.

Don't merely judge a belief by its words. Test the Promises of God in it, and you will see.

I don't see any other way to solve this

I thought it is solved. The age is 22 years old.

but I'm quoting from the same verse, the same chapter, but from different version

Yup, and I've said that the translator did a mistake in it.

Regards.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-4-2009 06:41 PM | Show all posts

Reply #243 kompia23's post

It seems that you ni, either benda tu salah or not..just accept je...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-4-2009 09:42 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kompia23 at 25-4-2009 15:59

Because they are not worry about the king's age, but more worry about their salvation which comes from Jesus Christ.

so they do not care whether their Bible, which they claimed to be from God, contains a mistake or not, kompia? they do not consider their holy books with care?

TheKJV also teaches many other more important matters such as redemption,repentance, forgiveness, Kingdom of God, Heaven...  Why not focus onthose instead on a dead King's age. Sorry but that how it is. By theway, what would they gained in knowing the king ascended at 22 or at42? Could you tell me.

*sigh* Even though there are mistakes in the Bible which is crystal clear, you would still turn your blind eyes towards it and you still got the guts to claim that the Bible is divine.

So tell me, bro kompia, was it KJV or was it NIV that was from God? God doesn't make mistakes, kompia. You and I came from the Samawi Religion, and we know this fact.

Kindasaying you wanna blame the translators' mistakes on Christendom. Ofcourse, they are not acceptable, but what you gonna do about it? Forme, i just tell the truth, just like what i'm doing to you and everyonehere.

Don't merely judge a belief by its words. Test the Promises of God in it, and you will see.

i am testing the Promise of God, though I am taking the Quran's promise and challenge into account.

They are not acceptable, that's what you say, but you STILL wanna believe that the Bible is 100% from God, without any distortation?

I thought it is solved. The age is 22 years old.

KJV says it's 42, kompia. Should we tell our friends who read and understood the KJV to either throw the KJV away, or revised the book..?

Yup, and I've said that the translator did a mistake in it.

Regards.

fair enough. please refer to my above statement.

thanks.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-6-2009 05:20 PM | Show all posts
bumping.

debmey lied about his own bible and runs away from this thread.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-6-2009 05:32 PM | Show all posts
Ehh, naik balik ke..?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-6-2009 05:36 PM | Show all posts

Balas #247 airfilterkotor\ catat

aku bump..

supaya kawan2 kita dapat tengok macam mana debmey si bacul tuh melarikan diri daripada soalan dalam thread nih

terbukti debmey menipu pasal Bible dia sendiri.. dah ada 2 bukti menunjukkan yang debmey bukanlah seorang Kristian yang baik.. malah dia lebih teruk dari binatang.. pasal binatang tak pernah bongkak...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-6-2009 08:33 AM | Show all posts

Reply #236 airfilterkotor's post

The basic part of the faith is Jesus Christ Himself. Then, why are you so worry with all the contradictions?. Is it because Muhammad said in the Quran that a book from God should not have contradictions?. Why don't you think the other way around... Isn't it possible for a book of God to have contradictions?. Yes. Because God can do anything.

"Barangkali kamu membenci sesuatu... itu yang baik bagimu... barangkali kamu menyukai sesuatu... itu yang buruk bagimu".

Can't you see how God does His work?. He always works opposite. What we think are not what God presented in His way. Maybe there are UNSEEN secrets of God from the contradictions that He presented in His Book.

[ Last edited by  mawarputeh at 10-6-2009 08:35 ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2009 08:34 AM | Show all posts

Reply #248 gunblade712's post

This is not a good way of debating as you bashed or insulted the one who has opposite opinions of you. Personal attack?... come on dear... don't be childish

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2009 10:08 AM | Show all posts

Balas #249 mawarputeh\ catat

contradictions are signs of a created, not the Creator, mawarputih.

you, like other Christians, just swallow that "God can do EVERYTHING" in the literal sense.

if what you believe are true, mawarputih, then please, tell me..

can God throw you own of His Kingdom?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-6-2009 10:09 AM | Show all posts

Balas #250 mawarputeh\ catat

personal attack?

obviously you've just been around here, right bub?

nahh, it's not a personal attack...

it's just to show to my fellow forumers (be them Muslims or not) how debmey here operates. He is willing to LIE about his bible just to suit his ego. Is THAT acceptable in Christianity, mawarputih?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2009 02:10 PM | Show all posts

Balas #249 mawarputeh\ catat

Why you said the most basic part of your faith is on Jesus...?
Why Jesus is more important, but not The Father...?
Just because Jesus is your saviour..?
Please, do not associates God with any of His creations.

Those contradiction is not important..?
Are you saying that it's ok to have contradiction in God's Word..?
Are you saying it's ok to have contradiction in believing how many god we have..?

It is a God's Word, for god sake.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-6-2009 03:00 PM | Show all posts
bumping!!! debmey ran away from this thread!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-6-2009 08:49 AM | Show all posts
bumping.

I've requested for debmey to finish this discussion.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2009 08:50 PM | Show all posts
kalo ikut yg kompia ckp..then hapuskan terus la KJV tuh...kalo da satu sala, xmustahil semua isi kandungan dye salah gak kan??
n ag satu..how about contradiction yg laen2??
ase nyer bukan pasal umo ahaziah jek..ader ag byk kan soalan2 yg gunblade bukak pasal isu nih..
kalo umo ahaziah, dowg ckp kene ikut NIV nyer,bukan dr KJV..mane taw soalan contradiction laen plak dowg amek information dr KJV plak, then ckp yg NIV plak yg x betol...

kesimpulannye..betullah pe yg Allah firman dlm Quran selama nih....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-6-2009 09:28 PM | Show all posts

Reply #251 gunblade712's post

God's way is unique. He sometime give you bundles of adversities... but within the adversities... he gives you blesses... so.. why don't you accept the Bible as a bless?. You are unfair for treating the book just for the sake of debating and saying that your religion is the best.

Contradictions are signs of created?. Just because Quran said that?. Come on my dear.. the verses of Surah An-Nisa...if I am right...which talking about contradictions are only referring to the Quran not to the other books... Read the verses carefully... it said:

"Jika QURAN itu bukan dari Allah... nescaya kamu akan lihat banyak pertentangan di dalamnya..."

Can't you see the word QURAN?. Allah referred that to QURAN... he didn't say TORAH or INJEEL. It may be that Allah created contradictions in the Bible... because he wants to do that... as a test for those who want to believe... because human tends to throw away great wisdom that he/she can find in the book... just because he/she believes that the book is not from God?. Why?. You want to say that you are so close to God?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2009 09:31 PM | Show all posts

Reply #253 airfilterkotor's post

In Islam... when you love Muhammad... at the same time you love Allah... so that is how the thing works. So... when I refer to Jesus... I am also referring to the Father as they are in one form.. but for Islam... Muhammad and Allah is not in a form.. that is the difference

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-6-2009 09:53 PM | Show all posts

Balas #257 mawarputeh\ catat

I think you've misunderstood us Muslims.

We believed in the Injil and the Taurat as from Allah s.w.t. Seriously, we do.

But there's something which non-muslims do not fully understood. We believed what was SENT DOWN to the prophets, i.e we believed the Injil that was sent down to Jesus Christ @ Isa ibnu Maryam and the Taurat to Moses @ Musa (may the peace and blessings of Allah be unto both of these great prophets).

We also believed that the Injil that we have nowadays have mixed up between the Truth from our Lord and the words penned down by human being.

Now, mawarputeh, tell me.. does it REALLY make sense to you that God actually made "contradiction" in His own Books? The Book that suppose to be a beacon of hope for mankind actually can contradict each other?

If statement A from God contradicted statement B from God, which one is the right one, mawarputeh? Both can't be right, or it's not called a "contradiction" in the first place.

So either A is right..

...or B is right..

...or both statement are wrong.

Let's just say that you took statement A as the right ones because it goes side by side with historical records etc.

What about statement B? It's a "contradiction" , meaning that it is wrong.

So what are you saying here? That God gave out "false information" for statement B?

or God "made a mistake" for statement B?

or God is "lying" for His statement B?

Na'uzubillah! That is why we say that contradiction SHOULD NEVER exist in God's word. You're actually lowering Him to those of His Creation!

Contradiction are signs of imperfection, mawarputeh. I believe you and me strongly held on the our faith that God is pure, perfect, and free from erroneous, am I right?

THAT is what Surah An-Nisa', verse 82 really means. It tells you to check the Quran, see if there's any error. Why? Because God is free from any errors. If you made a claim that such book is from God, that book MUST be free from error, or else you'll threw a false allegation to God Almighty.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-6-2009 09:58 PM | Show all posts

Balas #257 mawarputeh\ catat

and please, don't say that I'm trying to say that I'm closer to God than you.

Those who's closer to Allah is those who's most pious amongst us.

And mawarputeh, the Quran calls out to you and your people and even tells us to believe that you and your people (the good Christians) are the nearest to us.

Do believe that it is not enmity that we seek. If you felt that this discussion will leads to building up your rage and enmity, please do pm me and we will take further action so that we won't become enemies.

If you felt provoked by my words, by Allah, I swear on Allah's name that I do not want to provoke you, nor do I want to seek enmities with you.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

13-5-2024 04:29 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075215 second(s), 42 queries .