Feliciano Lopez        Second alternate in London
Last edited by Mulan on 10-11-2014 05:34 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-11-2014 09:12 AM | Show all posts
2014 ATP World Tour Finals
Ugly Monday
Monday, November 10, 2014 /by Steve Tignor

All four singles matches at the ATP World Tour Finals have ended in straight sets, and Monday's were both blowouts. (AP Photos)

We know British audiences don’t like to be rude, but the hopeful clapping from the crowds at the O2 Arena in London so far has been above and beyond the call of politeness. Granted, the World Tour Finals is a risky ticket: You get one doubles match, with a super-tiebreaker instead of a third set, and one two-out-of-three-set singles match for your money. Over the first two days, fans have not been rewarded for their risk. There have been four singles matches, five 6-1 sets, no suspense, and a consistently awful level of play from the losers. At times, watching the world’s best shank routine ground strokes 10 feet out, I’ve started to wonder if there were an unseen hurricane blowing through the O2.

What, if anything, can we take away from the World Tour Finals so far? There hasn’t been an overriding reason for the poor play. Andy Murray, who lost to Kei Nishikori for the first time in four matches, looked nervous. Tomas Berdych, who lost 6-1, 6-1 to Stan Wawrinka, looked out of sorts. He said later that he couldn’t get comfortable on the court, and that this was his worst match of 2014; for a second it appeared as if he might begin to cry as he walked off. Marin Cilic, who lost to Novak Djokovic 6-1, 6-1, looked like the Marin Cilic of old: i.e., too inconsistent and indecisive to be a top-tier player. As for Milos Raonic, who lost to Roger Federer 6-1, 7-6 (0), he walked around in a daze after getting broken in his opening service game.

Here are a few other quick observations from across the pond, before we hopefully move on to better things.
Djokovic and Federer were ready to go

While their colleagues were crumbling around them, the world’s No. 1 and No. 2 showed why they currently occupy those positions. It wasn’t their level of play that was revealing, even though both hit the ball well overall. It was the way they clamped down and didn’t let their matches get away from them. Federer, who lost to Raonic two weeks ago in Paris, sent the young Canadian a message by fist-pumping after he broke serve in the second game of the match. Federer was on his toes from start to finish; if he keeps that posture and energy going, he’ll be tough to beat. As for Djokovic, he put a quick kibosh on a possible Cilic rally early in the second set; after breaking for 3-1, Djokovic fired himself up. More important, he allowed the Croat to hold just once all evening. If Djokovic can keep returning serve the way he has in his last two matches (going back to his win over Raonic in the Paris final), he’ll be even tougher to beat than Federer.
Can Kei Nishikori win ugly?

In the past, that hasn’t been the Knish way. Either his smooth strokes were clicking, or they weren’t, and if he couldn’t ball-strike better than you, he wasn’t going to beat you. Now, after a year with Michael Chang, that doesn’t appear to be the case anymore. Against Murray, Nishikori started slowly, couldn’t make a volley to save his life, and nearly gave back a big lead in the second set. Yet he still beat the Brit for the first time. With Nishikori, a little bit of patience, a willingness to wait one extra shot before pulling the trigger, goes a long way. In this match, he gave himself a chance to get better.
Do these blowout matches prove the equal-pay haters wrong?

That seemed to be the consensus on Twitter on Monday. “There would be lot of snickering if this happened at the WTA Finals,” more than one person tweeted after the fourth straight 6-1 set had mercifully ended. That’s probably true, but it’s also true that four lopsided matches, whether they’re played by men or women, don’t prove much of anything. You need a slightly larger sample size.

I’m for equal pay at the Grand Slams, even though the men play three-of-five sets and the women play two-of-three. It's not unheard of, even at those events, for a woman’s match to last longer than a men's match that started around the same time—there are epics and blowouts on both tours. But there’s no point in calling attention to it every time it happens, and there’s no point in denying that the men have to win seven more sets to win a Slam. In my opinion, despite this fact, equal pay is still the way to go. The majors are about seeing everyone, all of tennis, in one place, and the men and women play an equal part in that.
Once Again, You Never Know

Andy Murray came to London playing his best tennis of the season; he was 20-3 since the U.S. Open. Stan Wawrinka came to London playing some of his worst; he was 1-4 since the Open. Guess who was razor sharp in his first match at the 02, and guess who was godawful? How could we have predicted anything else?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2014 11:58 AM | Show all posts
Connection To Nadal

Nov 10

Posted by Rafael Nadal Fans

ARTICLES:

Nadal undergoes stem cell treatment on his back (via Marca)

Rafael Nadals uncle and coach, Toni Nadal told the DPA news agency that the ATP world number three is undergoing stem cell treatment in an attempt to alleviate the back problems that have plagued him all season. Hes had them for the past six months, said Toni Nadal. Its stem cell treatment, and doing it properly requires five weeks, he added when explaining why they did not take advantage of the three months between July and October. Because we all thought that hed play at the US Open, we were more focused on his wrist injury, which looked to be healing well.

Roger Federer: Reclaiming world no. 1 ranking would be very special (via live-tennis.com)

I feel a special connection towards Rafa just because we did, I dont want to say come up together somewhat on the tour, but we did have a very strong, intense rivalry for many years, starting 2004 maybe, Federer said, bringing up Rafael Nadal, who is absent from the World Tour Finals as he recovers from surgery on a troubled appendix. Especially we played each other that many times in finals of slams, which hasnt been the case with the other players as much. I know Novak, the matches and the rivalry is nice. I really enjoy playing against him. Its very evenly matched, you know. But I played him more often probably in semis than in finals most likely. I dont know if thats true, but thats kind of how it felt like. Because me and Rafa were always 1 and 2 or 2 and 1 for so long.

http://rafaelnadalfans.com/2014/ ... on-to-rafael-nadal/

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2014 11:59 AM | Show all posts
Nadal Begins Stem Cell Treatment on His Back

Nadal Begins Stem Cell Treatment on His Back

14-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal is taking care of more housekeeping on his battered body.

WTF? Berdych's Loss Joins Worst-Ever World Tour Final Defeats

Marca.com is reporting that the Spaniard has undergone a five-week stem cell treatment to aid in the rehabilitation of his lower back.

Nadal's coach and Uncle, Toni Nadal, told the DPA news agency that the ATP world No. 3 is undergoing stem cell treatment in an attempt to alleviate the back problems that hampered him throughout the 2014 campaign.

"He's had them for the past six months, said Toni Nadal of his nephews issues with the back, according to Marca. "It's stem cell treatment, and doing it properly requires five weeks.

The back played a huge role in the Australian Open final where Nadal fell to Stan Wawrinka in four sets and had his mobility severely reduced during the match.

"I knew I had no chance of winning, but I had no intention of retiring. It was the worst hour and a half that I have spent on a tennis court," Nadal said in the aftermath. Though Nadal continued to play on and had the issues seemingly under control, he continued to struggle with the back all season.

The back even caused problems at Roland Garros and was on Nadals mind heading into Wimbledon.

I felt that during Roland Garros in the first round, especially in the second round it was worse, Nadal said at the time. But its true that after the second round I was improving. Today is not the worst day but I feel that I need to improve, I need to rest a little bit. I need to improve a little bit to try to play well in Wimbledon"

Nadals physician told the AP that theyve extracted cells from Nadal recently.

He has a problem typical in tennis with a back joint, he had it at the Australian Open, and we have decided to treat it with stem cells, Dr. Angel Ruiz-Cotorro said. When we have [the stem cells] we will put them in the point of pain, he added, according to the AP, to aid in regenerating cartilage, in the midterm, and producing an anti-inflammatory effect.

The five-week procedure will allow Nadal to begin training again in early December.

- See more at: http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/N ... thash.d44NvsSf.dpuf

Use magic Report

Post time 12-11-2014 09:45 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 13-11-2014 09:41 AM | Show all posts
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 4h4 hours agoLondon, England

Novak destroys Wawrinka 63 60. Very surprising. ATP has played 8 matches since Sunday started, no 3 sets & many blow outs. Very odd

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-11-2014 09:45 AM | Show all posts
Meanwhile rafa is in london.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-11-2014 11:49 AM | Show all posts
Yen_Aireena posted on 13-11-2014 09:45 AM
Meanwhile rafa is in london.

huh? what gives??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-11-2014 11:57 AM | Show all posts
tak paham group B standings

Ninja & Murray sama menang-kalah

match: 1-1
set: 2-2
games: Ninja 17-20, murray 21-20... apsal Ninja no. 2.. Murray lagi byk menang games.. lost games sama jer.

tak paham

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 08:06 AM | Show all posts
salam korang,

aku x pham la IPTL la ni...ni ala2 liga yg mcm dlm badminton tu ke? ada live x?

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 08:39 AM | Show all posts
sore_itam posted on 1-12-2014 08:06 AM
salam korang,

i pun tak paham. malas nak study sbb Rafa takde.

sekian.

tunggu Aussie Open jer ni.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 10:15 AM | Show all posts
Mulan posted on 1-12-2014 08:39 AM

sekian.

rafa kat mana rafa kat mana rafa kat mana

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 10:23 AM | Show all posts
sore_itam posted on 1-12-2014 08:06 AM
salam korang,

salam...

aku pon xphm sgtt..
tp part nie yg best skali...

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 10:24 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 11:05 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ashburn posted on 1-12-2014 10:15 AM
rafa kat mana rafa kat mana rafa kat mana

rafa ada kat mallorca
main golf
lepak gila

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 11:07 AM | Show all posts
Mulan posted on 1-12-2014 08:39 AM

sekian.

hahah..yg aku igt awal2 dulu, kemain derer ngn masha xmo join konon sbb ape nth...tp last2 join gak..poyo jer

sama la malas nk study..hehe

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-12-2014 11:13 AM | Show all posts
sore_itam posted on 1-12-2014 11:07 AM
hahah..yg aku igt awal2 dulu, kemain derer ngn masha xmo join konon sbb ape nth...tp last2 join ga ...

alaa....
sedang kann pantai lgkan berubah..
inikan pulak hati masha

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 11:14 AM | Show all posts
ashburn posted on 1-12-2014 11:13 AM
alaa....
pantai lgkan berubah..
inikan pulak hati masha

malas study sbb dia kalah ngn ivanovic...hahaha..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 11:14 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ashburn posted on 1-12-2014 10:23 AM
salam...

aku pon xphm sgtt..

best la tu for someone who can't dance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femai ... uture-children.html

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2014 11:15 AM | Show all posts
diorang ni cuti semester 2 bulan g la bercuti ke ape ke, xyh nak main tennis sgt...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

12-5-2024 01:29 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.240906 second(s), 41 queries .