CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 7591|Reply: 23

I want to share the power of Jesus Christ.

[Copy link]
Post time 17-2-2012 12:47 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
I am not a Christian, not yet, but sometimes I follow my friends to the church, and my mom encourage me a lot to believe in Lord Jesus.

This is what happened, I broke up with my boyfriend couple months ago, I was heart broken. I am taking a University of London program which I have to do the bank draft to pay London for my course but my ex boyfriend was always the one who helped me with these, including doing my ptptn and stuff and the bank daft that I am going to do needed large amount of money, I couldn't find anyone to accompany me. So I was really scared, I don't know how to deal with these, I cried helplessly in the room, the I remembered Lord Jesus. My ex boyfriend was the one who taught me how to pray. Therefore I secretly pray to Lord Jesus, tell Him how helpless am I, the bank draft have to be done on the day itself because I was already late to hand up my registration form.

Right after I pray, I got a call from this friend and his girlfriend that they are coming to my college to register with their new course, and they ask me whether am I free to hang out with them after they have done with their registration, so I told them my problem and they were like, sure no problem, we will help you.

After I have done the bank draft, I have another huge problem. Because it was already too late to hand up my form, I have to send it to Putrajaya myself and none of us have really no idea how to go, I was again terrified because I can't attend the exam if I don't pass up the form on time. So that night, I cried and prayed again, I tell Lord Jesus that this is really important for me, I don't know what should I do. There again, after I pray, the girl who helped me that afternoon whatsapp me to tell me that her mother is willing to fetch me to Putrajaya as I am not from KL, and exam is really important for my study.

I want to thank God for listening to my prayer and help me when I am helpless, He sent these little angels to help me when I am down.

To God be all glory, praise the Lord. Amen.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-2-2012 01:10 AM | Show all posts
Nice to hear your sharing.  Keep trusting God and soon you will notice that God is truly faithful.

As for me, I used to be an Agnostic and sometimes an Athiest.  When I was in my teen, I had studied other religions like Hinduism, Taoism, and Buddhism.  To me, all religions are beautiful in their own ways.  However, I used to dislike my Christian friends who seem to show a stuck up attitude towards other religions.

One day, a friend invited me to a church and I was pretty impressed by the wisdom the pastor had preached.  Back then, I wasn't convinced that God exists and thought the pastor was really interesting.  I actually came back often to listen to his preaching.  His preaching opened my eyes to a lot of things I never knew.  I used to think God is some super being so high up in heavens and it is our duty to do the best to reach His standards.  But what the pastor taught me was that God is a loving Father who dwells within us and is willing to have an intimate relationship with us.  God is actually reaching to us instead of us reaching to God?  For me, that concept was profound.

One day, I decided to challenge God if He is real to see if He answered prayers.  I asked for some things I wanted but He hardly answered.  I didn't give up praying yet but deep within me I kept wondering whether it's worth trying to pray since some of the things He answered may likely had been coincidences.  Then, the more I prayed, the more I noticed that He actually answered prayers where I encountered problems in life and at work.  So, I decided to shift my prayers towards asking God to solve problems in my life.  I even made a checklist in my mind to the number of prayers I had prayed.  To my surprise, He actually answered every prayered I offered even if it takes years.  Sometimes, I prayed for things to be solved but most of the time, things got solved in an unexpected turn of events.  Just recently, I told God I was tired of resolving technical issues of an old project but now I got the news that the project is about to end the contract and I won't be expected to work on the project anymore.  That was a great relieve for me.

After learning to pray for so much, I have become a prayer addict.  Where ever I go, I pray.  I have become so insane at praying that I virtually prayed every hour during the day and never stop thinking of God in my mind.  Although, I am able to get God solve many issues in life, I have yet to learn how to get God answer sickness and health.  I hope to be able to find the clue on this some day.  P.s. Please pray for healing of my lower back.  Thanks.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2012 10:59 AM | Show all posts
by shieny

I want to thank God for listening to my prayer and help me when I am helpless, He sent these little angels to help me when I am down.   

Oi ... How old are you? Ten? Eleven? You are in the University and still needs someone to hold your hands?

Stop making God into your own personal manager. Stop wasting His time and go and manage your own studies and life.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2012 06:54 PM | Show all posts
by shieny

Oi ... How old are you? Ten? Eleven? You are in the University and still needs some ...
Sephiroth Post at 22-2-2012 10:59

ahhhrr...Don't you hear this...

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. - Isaiah 41:13

Even you have been trying very very hard to avoid God...God will till come to you...especially those keep rejecting God..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2012 08:05 AM | Show all posts
ahhhrr...Don't you hear this...

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right han ...
louiektc Post at 22-2-2012 18:54

Is this why most Christians (whom I met) behave like cripples and retards? Expecting others (especially Non-Christians) to help them even when they do not deserve it?

Use magic Report

Post time 27-2-2012 09:31 AM | Show all posts
Is this why most Christians (whom I met) behave like cripples and retards? Expecting others (esp ...
Sephiroth Post at 23-2-2012 08:05

sometimes Christian God uses non christian to bless christian...I also don't understand-lar.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 27-2-2012 09:58 AM | Show all posts
sometimes Christian God uses non christian to bless christian...I also don't understand-lar.
louiektc Post at 27-2-2012 09:31

Yes, completely agree.

Your Christian god uses non-Christians, which is why Christians behave like parasites (and Muslims learn from them). Just open your history books and you will see plenty of examples.

America grew on the back of the black slaves of Africa.
European nations become rich and powerful by enslaving Eastern people and stealing their resources.

Even now, in today's time, we (in the IT business) can see the direct influence of these parasites trying to invade us through It by proclaiming that they could do better job at managing our IT resources in Asia. Just one example of many.

So Yes ... I agree that your god uses non-Christians. And as long as non-Christians continue to become blind to this fact, they will continue to serve your god (indirectly).

Use magic Report

Post time 27-2-2012 03:39 PM | Show all posts
Yes, completely agree.

Your Christian god uses non-Christians, which is why Christians behave ...
Sephiroth Post at 27-2-2012 09:58

serving with willingly...And many Christian also blesses back to non-christian ...many more for what they have received. That's why makes the globe round.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-2-2012 08:31 AM | Show all posts
serving with willingly...And many Christian also blesses back to non-christian ...many mor ...
louiektc Post at 27-2-2012 15:39

Don't bull$hit me.

Christians are incapable of doing things on their own for ages. Their religion is an outdated and incapable of bring them forward, so they uses others (non-christians) as stepping stones to progress. This occurs between nations as well as individual. And the sad thing here is, non-Christians themselves (especially Hindus) KNOWS this facts and do nothing about it.

Non-Christians, get up and walk away. Stop serving this pathetic race with your good intentions. You will get nothing in return.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2012 07:59 PM | Show all posts
Don't bull$hit me.

Christians are incapable of doing things on their own for ages. Th ...
Sephiroth Post at 28-2-2012 08:31

come on.. it is not incapable christian who capable to make use non christian. It is capable God moves those who is available for God.

Yes... SOME christian may look weak and pathetic. And their God knows best what they need and deliver whatsoever is necessary. Those who are strong and rich certainly do not need God's help. How could you walk away from a weak... so does God.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-3-2012 09:04 AM | Show all posts
by louiektc

It is capable God moves those who is available for God.  

Those who are available, you say. Last I check, only one make "use" of others who are available is the Devil. Are you sure you are praying to God or the Devil?

True God doesn't require to "use" anyone. He should be able to "influence" those who pray to Him directly. Considering that your god is incapable of doing that, are you sure it is God that you pray to?

Yes... SOME christian may look weak and pathetic.  

Correction - ALL Christians are weak and pathetic. I have yet to meet a single one who has the Strenght, Faith and Courage which meets my expectation and I'm a mere mortal being.

How could you walk away from a weak... so does God.  

There is two type of "weak" people in this World.

Type 1 - those who has nothing and in need of genuine help. For this people, I could help by teaching them, not spoonfeeding them.

Type 2 - those who have everything available to their disposal YET they required spoonfeeding to do something because they are not capable of thinking for themselves. Your friend, Shieny is an example of such people. This kind of people, I couldn't give a rat's a$$.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2012 03:08 PM | Show all posts
by louiektc

Those who are available, you say. Last I check, only one make "use" of others who are available is the Devil. Are you sure you are praying to God or the Devil?
If you believe the existent of God, you shall believe the existent of Devil. The different is God leads (he turns weaky Moses to a leader), Devil influences and deceives.

True God doesn't require to "use" anyone. He should be able to "influence" those who pray to Him directly. Considering that your god is incapable of doing that, are you sure it is God that you pray to?
Sephiroth Post at 2-3-2012 09:04

God knew his people and his people knows His calling...and His calling is always tough. True God doesn't require to be pleased by praying to him, God knows whatever we need and providence. Again El leads, not waiting for praying request.

Correction - ALL Christians are weak and pathetic. I have yet to meet a single one who has the Strenght, Faith and Courage which meets my expectation and I'm a mere mortal being.

Never mind, you could have many if you ask one. God change old way of thinking.

There is two type of "weak" people in this World.

Type 1 - those who has nothing and in need of genuine help. For this people, I could help by teaching them, not spoonfeeding them.

Type 2 - those who have everything available to their disposal YET they required spoonfeeding to do something because they are not capable of thinking for themselves. Your friend, Shieny is an example of such people. This kind of people, I couldn't give a rat's a$$.

Good example.. And True God will loves both of them.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-3-2012 09:23 PM | Show all posts
When I say I'm Christian, I need God, im actually saying that I'm weak, I'm lost, and I need someone to guide me. God has the greatest mercy He loves us no matter what happens and forgive us.
God has listened to me and answered me because He knows I'm not strong enough and I need help even though it is just a simple matter. He never neglect me yet He send someone to help me to be stronger. That's the power of Him.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-3-2012 08:43 AM | Show all posts
When I say I'm Christian, I need God, im actually saying that I'm weak, I'm lost, and I need someone ...
shieny Post at 12-3-2012 21:23

This is the difference between a Hindu or a Buddhist to a Christian. Hindus and Buddhists do not behave like a child, needing someone to feed them. This is why Christians will fail when time comes.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2012 11:52 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by louiektc at 19-3-2012 11:54
This is the difference between a Hindu or a Buddhist to a Christian. Hindus and Buddhists do not ...
Sephiroth Post at 13-3-2012 08:43

Yes...it is good to hear someone says christian are different. And it is very different. What you say is very true, knowing oneself weakness is always better to be stronger.

And Jesus said  "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

A full cup has room for another pour no more. Just be an EMPTY of oneSELF, that is what Buddha is teaching us.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2012 12:37 PM | Show all posts
Yes...it is good to hear someone says christian are different. And it is very different. What yo ...
louiektc Post at 19-3-2012 11:52

I think you have misunderstood what Jesus said when he said only those who are like children can enter Kingdom of Heaven.

Look at the Children - and you will see how smart, active and intelligent they really are. They are capable of learning how to crawl, walk and run (and climb) within five years, learn a new alien language (and in some case, a few language - like mine can learn mother-tongue, English and B.M) and they are very brave, active and always learning things. Sometimes, they are so active, it is tiring to keep up with them.

When Jesus said only those who become like Children can enter the Kingdom of Heaven, He meant this sort of children. But what I see today is, youngsters who have adult body but incapable of solving even the simplest tasks given to them. They are pathetic and useless to themselves and everyone else. This kind of people are not children but waste of other people's time.

To them, I will say - You have failed your God.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-3-2012 06:45 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by louiektc at 20-3-2012 18:55
Look at the Children - and you will see how smart, active and intelligent they really are...

Not all the children are as smart as you did. Some need a lots of helps..like me. Some need a little hug...like shieny. Physical or mentally growth doesn't translates to spiritual growth. In certain situation, spiritual ability can overcomes most difficult obstacles although physically handicapped.

What you have just mentioned are all correct in the eyes of other. But children don't think they are smart, active and intelligent and adult has difficulty to keep up with them. You can spot easily several good things from children, but not adult. Just pick a few points here: children think many things they may not understand, they ask. Children don't keep the anger for long, they are always cheerful and humble. Children unselfish, so they share.

When Jesus said only those who become like Children can enter the Kingdom of Heaven, He meant this sort of children. But what I see today is, youngsters who have adult body but incapable of solving even the simplest tasks given to them. They are pathetic and useless to themselves and everyone else. This kind of people are not children but waste of other people's time.

Please continue with next sentence to answer the question of 'who is greatest in the heaven?'
...Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

So what Jesus has said is not about how to choose a child to your like, but simply look into every child's heart, how pure it is and how humble they are. And children know who loves them. If you receive them, Jesus with peace will be with you.

To them, I will say - You have failed your God.
Sephiroth Post at 20-3-2012 12:37

If a child is smarter than his father, no need to teach him anymorelah. That's why God never choose strong people, but lames..and and no lame has yet failing God.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2012 09:15 AM | Show all posts
by louiektc

Physical or mentally growth doesn't translates to spiritual growth.  

Then why are you people talking about Power of God here when the fact is, you people are physically and mentally handicapped?

FYI Physical and mental handicap doesn't mean that you are born with such handicap, it means you do not use properly the physical and mental properties you have properly. Such things also can be considered handicap.

In certain situation, spiritual ability can overcomes most difficult obstacles although physically handicapped.  

Correction - All obstacles can be overcome through Spiritual abilities. Without it, no matter how strong or how intelligent you are, you are NOTHING.

Just pick a few points here: children think many things they may not understand, they ask. Children don't keep the anger for long, they are always cheerful and humble. Children unselfish, so they share.   

ALL which you (adults - generally speaking) are NOT. So who's fault is that?

There is one aspect that Children have which adults do not. Children will always know, no matter how smart, strong, fast or cunning they become, they cannot exceed their Parents. In the same way, Man should understand that no matter how strong, fast, smart or cunning he becomes, he can never excel that of God - who sees all, knows all and understand all.

Children knows this for fact which is why they are humbled no matter what they achieve. But you Christians (especially, humans generally) do not humble yourselves before God. You have too much pride in your Science and Technology and reduce God to become your servant - IF He doesn't help you, it means He doesn't exist.

If a child is smarter than his father, no need to teach him anymorelah. That's why God never choose strong people, but lames..and and no lame has yet failing God.  

But both of us (at least I do) know that children can never become smarter than their parents. Wisdom comes with age, not due to how smart a person is. A person become the Father when he have endured the hardship of Life, NOT because he had aged well. This is why some people, regardless of how old they are, still live a foolish life.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-4-2012 04:26 PM | Show all posts
by louiektc
Then why are you people talking about Power of God here when the fact is, you peo ...
Sephiroth Post at 23-3-2012 09:15

May be it is my mistake for not explain clearer about 'power of God'.
The power of God is not extra power given to us to perform extraordinary things like Jesus. It is simple a complement of what we lack of that no one else in this universal could fill. It is not emptiness, void or handicap, but it is rooted to very beginning of life: agape love from God. That's all.

re-examp what shieny had experienced.

"So that night, I cried and prayed again, I tell Lord Jesus that this is really important for me, I don't know what should I do. ".
Any normal person will have the same reaction. Of course, you may call up university in London to extend the closing time....or hijack an ambulance or do something crazy enough close to miracle. It is just dOESN't work!  

"There again, after I pray, the girl who helped me that afternoon whatsapp me to tell me that her mother is willing to fetch me to Putrajaya as I am not from KL, and exam is really important for my study. "
It is not God to fly you from KL to Putrajaya. But simply answer her prayer and make way for her.

If you care of someone, people feels it. And erusi still learning thru this.

With our ability we can do a lots of limited things. But...if you do God's will, God will open your way...no matter how impossible in the eyes of human.

"One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out. Their king will pass through before them, the LORD at their head."

Use magic Report

Post time 16-9-2012 02:19 AM | Show all posts
keep pray.....if that can help you through your problem.....
GOD never distinguish his creations....

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 02:38 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.221584 second(s), 46 queries .