Last edited by katt on 10-1-2013 11:27 PM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-4-2012 11:02 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by katt at 14-4-2012 23:09

April 13, 2012

Jun Ji-hyun ties knot with designer's grandson
By Kwon Mee-yoo meeyoo@koreatimes.co.kr

Actress Jun Ji-hyun, 30, tied the knot Friday at the Shilla Hotel, Seoul. Also known as Gianna Jun, the actress married Choi Jun-hyuk, grandson of "hanbok" (traditional Korean costume) designer Lee Young-hee.

She said getting married has not come home to her yet at a press conference held three hours prior to the wedding.

Jun and Choi were childhood friends and love blossomed between the two when a friend re-introduced them two years ago. "I am an actress and I express myself through movies and dramas. I think I have to reflect on myself first and improve my acting," Jun said. She added the couple has no plans for children yet.

Justice Minister Kwon Jae-jin, who went to high school with Choi's father, officiated at their wedding; and Jun's favorite singer Lee Juck sang a nuptial song for them.

She wore a Reem Acra wedding gown for the first part of the ceremony and a hanbok designed by her grandmother-in-law for the wedding reception. At the press conference before the wedding, she chose a Jenny Packham dress.

Jun originally planned to wed in June, but changed the date due to the filming schedule for her new movie "Berlin." She will leave for Germany later this month to shoot with Ha Jung-woo, Han Seok-gyu and Ryu Seung-bum.

Jun made her debut as a model in 1997 and was a big hit in the 2001 movie "My Sassy Girl." She also appeared in Hollywood films in "Blood: The Last Vampire" (2009) and "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" (2011).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-4-2012 11:10 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by katt at 14-4-2012 23:12

April 13, 2012

Jun Ji Hyun Says She Fell for Her Husband’s Boldness
Source: Nate l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, JinHo Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Jun Ji Hyun’s voice shook with excitement. The boldness of this top star seemed to crumble in the face of her once in a lifetime moment.

Jun Ji Hyun held a press conference before her wedding ceremony on April 13 in Seoul’s Shilla Hotel to talk about how she felt and how she was brought to this wedding. She appeared in a dress from the famed British designer brand Jenny Packham.

She seemed taken aback at the big crowd of reporters waiting for her, but she soon found her footing and smiled at the camera.

She started off by saying, “I thank you for coming such a long way,” then added, “I’m so nervous and tense today.” Her nervousness indeed showed, as her voice seemed to shake with her emotions.

Jun Ji Hyun said about her first encounter with her husband, “We grew up in the same neighborhood since we were little, so we knew each other. We started a serious relationship after we officially met through an acquaintance two years ago.”

The groom, Choi Joon Hyuk, is the only grandson of the hanbok designer Lee Young Hee and is the son of fashion designer Lee Jung Woo. He works at an American banking company.

When asked what charms she saw in him, she answered, “His boldness,” and added, “One evening, he said we were going somewhere and told me to come with my passport. I followed him; we ended up at the airport, and we immediately left for Japan. In Japan, he asked whether I would marry him along with a ring.”

“We have talked about it, but we have to set up more plans,” she said on how many children the couple plans to have.

To a question asking about her honeymoon, she said, “We can’t go because of the shoot for my film Berlin. My husband is busy around this time also, so we’re planning it for fall.”

She then finished, “I’m so nervous and tense. I don’t even know what to say. I just hope I can hold and finish the wedding ceremony well. There are many people who have continued to keep their eyes on me. I want to thank them. I’ll work hard to live happily after being married.”

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

Captures from various media portals as stated via Nate.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-4-2012 12:27 PM | Show all posts
April 13, 2012

Actress Jun Ji-hyun ties the knot

By Cho Chung-un (christory@heraldm.com)  

Top actress Jun Ji-hyun, a.k.a. Gianna Jun, married a Korean businessman at Hotel Shilla in central Seoul on Friday, waving goodbye to single life.

She tied the knot with Choi Jun-hyeok, the grandson of acclaimed hanbok designer Lee Young-hee and the son of also famous fashion designer Lee Jeong-woo.

“I feel nervous but I will make a return for those who supported me by showing them my happy married life,” said Jun during a press conference held at the hotel just hours before her wedding.

Jun Ji-hyun poses for photo at Hotel Shilla, Seoul, where she tied the knot
on Friday. (Lee Sang-sub/The Korea Herald)

At the ceremony, the 31-year-old actress wore a beautiful wedding gown designed by Lebanese designer Reem Acra delivered directly from the designer’s shop in New York, while she chose another goddess-like dress embellished with sparkling crystal from British designer Jenny Packham for the press conference. Singer Lee Jeock, known to be one of Jun’s favorites, sang a wedding song for the couple, the agency said.

The agency added that Jun will continue her acting career after the marriage.

Her husband Choi currently is working at Bank of America’s Seoul branch, according reports. The two have known each other since they were in their early 20s, and started dating about a year ago.

Rumors spread earlier this year that the two would soon marry after news came out in December that they were dating. Jun’s mother-in-law Lee is known to have recently introduced Jun to her friends as her future daughter-in-law. The actress confirmed of her marriage last month.

Jun, who debuted in 1997 as a fashion model, rose to stardom after the mega-hit 2001 movie “My Sassy Girl.” She made her English-language debut in 2009 with the film “Blood: The Last Vampire,” and recently starred in the movie “Snow Flower and the Secret Fan” with Hollywood star Hugh Jackman and top Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi. Her new movie, “The Thieves” will be released this summer.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-4-2012 11:24 PM | Show all posts
April 16, 2012
Actors hope to score 'Big' in new show
By Carla Sunwoo koreajoongangdaily.com

Photo from Nate

Hallyu actors Gong Yoo and Lee Min-jung will star in a new drama titled “Big.” The new show is based on a wacky plot that sees an 18-year-old boy and a successful man in his 30s switching bodies.

The writers behind the drama are sisters Hong Jung-eun and Hong Mi-ran who have previously produced hit dramas “You’re Beautiful” (2009) and “The Greatest Love” (2011).

The show is set to air from June and casting is still ongoing. Once the full cast has been recruited, filming will begin.

Others to appear on the show are Miss A’s Suzy and actress Jang Hee-jin.

The drama will be Gong Yoo’s first time regularly appearing on TV in more than five years. He last starred in the 2007 hit drama “Coffee Prince.”

Having achieved fame through “Coffee Prince,” Gong Yoo focused last year on his role in the film “Dogani” (“The Crucible”), a history-making film about the sexual abuse of disabled children.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-4-2012 11:29 PM | Show all posts
April 14, 2012
Song Hye-gyo tells Korea's history

Actress Song Hye-gyo has recruited the help of activist Seo Kyoung-duk, a visiting professor at Sungshin Women’s University, to distribute pamphlets about the Korean independence movement during the Japanese colonial period.

The brochures will be placed at the building in Shanghai that once was the home of the Korean government in exile as it fought to regain control of the country from its Japanese rulers.

The pamphlets include a chronological table of Korea’s independence movement as well as information about the government office in Shanghai.

“We’ve placed 30,000 copies of the brochures at the office,” Seo said. An additional 10,000 each have been placed at the memorial of independence activist Yoon Bong-gil as well as at the former accommodations of exile government officials in Shanghai, he explained.

The pamphlet was written in Korean and Chinese so that visiting Korean tourists as well as local residents in the Chinese city can understand them.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 16-4-2012 03:37 PM | Show all posts
April 16, 2012

Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung "not dating"
Reporter : Lucia Hong 10Asia

Actors Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung have denied they are dating, downplaying a report from early in the day which said the two are a couple.

On Monday, an official with Lee Byung-hun's agency BH Entertainment told 10Asia over the phone, "It is not true that the two are a couple. We believe that the rumors started when they were both seen having dinner together with other colleagues at a wedding last month."

Lee Min-jung's agency gave a similar response. "The two are not a couple and they have a junior and senior relationship and nothing more. And she is currently busy preparing for her upcoming series 'Big' opposite Gong Yoo."

Lee Byung-hun, one of Korea's most well-recognized actors and a household name in Japan as well, made his Hollywood debut in 2009 through the first “G.I. Joe" flick as character Storm Shadow.

He wrapped up filming the sequel to "G.I. Joe" and busy shooting his first historical film "I am the King of Joseon" alongside labelmate Han Hyo-joo.

Lee Min-jung is best known for playing the role of Ha Jae-kyung in SBS' hit teenage series "Boys Over Flowers" and landed her first lead role in SBS' weekend drama "Smile, You" opposite actor Choung Kyung-ho.

The actress has also appeared in films "Searching for the Elephant (2009)," "White Night (2009)" and "Cyrano Agency (2010)." She last starred in SBS' Monday and Tuesday series "Midas."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-4-2012 03:54 PM | Show all posts
April 16, 2012

Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jeong dating?
By Park Min-young (claire@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

Top actor Lee Byung-hun and actress Lee Min-jeong both denied reports that they are dating, despite many witnesses.

They are close but are not in a romantic relationship, their agencies said soon after local media reported on Monday that the two have been seeing each other since earlier this year.

An acquaintance of Lee Byung-hun, however, told The Korea Herald that Lee recently visited her home and mentioned the actress as his current girlfriend when asked about his private life. He seemed to be thinking of marriage, she said.

According to reports by local media which quoted multiple showbiz insiders, the two fell in love after seeing each other several times at awards ceremonies in 2010.

“Lee Byung-hun invited Lee Min-jeong to dine with his family at his house in Gwangju, Gyeonggi Province, right before his sister Lee Eun-hee got married earlier this year. The family is also fond of them dating,” an insider was quoted as saying.

Only their closest friends are aware of the two dating, another insider was quoted as saying. The two are said to be enjoying secretive dates near Lee Byung-hun’s house to stay away from the public eye.

Lee Byung-hun, 42, who has starred in hit films including “G.I. Joe,” “The Good, The Bad, and The Weird” and dramas like “All In” and “IRIS” is currently filming his first period film, “King of Joseon.”

Lee Min-jeong, 30, shot to stardom after starring in the 2009 KBS 2TV drama “Boys over Flowers.” She is cast as the heroine of the KBS 2TV drama tentatively named “Big” which will air in June.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-4-2012 03:56 PM | Show all posts
April 17, 2012

Lee Byung-hun & Lee Min-jung Deny Dating Rumors
Source: KBS Global

Both considered top notch actors in Korean entertainment, the rumor mill has been abuzz about latest reports indicating Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung are dating.

One media source reported on April 16th that the 42-year-old actor and the 30-year-old actress had good opinions of each other from earlier this year and had cautiously starting dating. After bumping into one another at various award ceremonies and other work-related gatherings, their work sunbae-hoobae (or senior-junior) work relationship blossomed into a romantic relationship.

Another source added fuel to the fire, quoting sources close to the two stars, saying that the two were even considering marriage! The report said that the cose sources said only a few of the stars' closest group knew about their relations and that they limited their dates to near Lee Byung-hun's house to avoid the public's eye.

When each of the stars' respective agencies were questioned on the rumors, they both denied the dating rumors.

Lee Byung-hun's BH Entertainment said that the rumors were groundless. Regarding rumors of the actor having invited the actress to his house to meet with his family, BH Entertainment said that Lee did indeed invite Lee Min-jung over, but it was for a get-together with other movie officials.

The young actress's management, MS Team Entertainment stated that after contacting Lee directly, she flat out denied the rumors saying the two simply have a sunbae-hoobae relationship. Lee did say that the two stars met for meals, but it wasn't a one-on-one encounter, but a meal with others.

Lee Byung-hun is currently busy filming the drama "Joseon King" alongside actress Han Hyo-joo, while Lee Min-jung will be making her comeback in the drama "Big" with Gong Yoo and miss A's Suzy.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-4-2012 12:08 AM | Show all posts
April 18, 2012
In with the old, out with the new
By Kim Hyo-eun [so@joongang.co.kr]

Actresses in their 20s, who once dominated K-dramas, are hard to come by on the small screen,
as of late. Experienced actresses in their 30s, 40s and even 50s have held on to the spotlight,
reversing a trend that dictated casting for decades. Above left, Kim Hee-ae, 45, plays a lead role
in JTBC’s “A Wife’s Credentials” and above right, Kim Nam-joo, 41, plays a lead role in KBS2’s
“You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly.” [JoongAng Ilbo]

Back in the 1980s and ‘90s, Korean dramas adopted the principle “the younger, the better” when casting heroines. Heartthrob actors in their 40s were often coupled with youthful beauties in their early 20s, at the expense of more experienced actresses.

But as of late, the trend has been reversed, with the average age of star actresses on the small screen shooting up to 33.4, according to a JoongAng Ilbo analysis of 20 drama series on national network and cable channels. Only five shows cast a lead actress in her 20s, while the other 15 feature actresses in their 30s and 40s.

Ten years ago, the scene was starkly different. Many veterans such as Kim Hye-ja (“Since We Met” from 2002) expressed disappointment in switching to supporting roles - typically playing mothers or aunts - as younger, less experienced actresses stole the spotlight.

Familiar names today including Kim Hee-sun, Jun Ji-hyun, Song Hye-kyo, Son Ye-jin, Kim Min-hee and Kong Hyo-jin all debuted in this era when they were in their early 20s. But today, now established actresses, they are holding on tight to their stardom.

“Dramas that portray the lives of working women in their 30s and 40s are getting more attention from viewers,” said Kim Sung-geun, a chief producer of “You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly,” which is one of the most popular drama series today, claiming a 30-to-35-percent share of the audience on average.

The hit drama centers on a working woman named Cha Yoon-hee (played by Kim Nam-joo) as her husband, who was put up for international adoption, reunites with his biological parents. With a new family right next to her, Yoon-hee faces an unexpected burden stemming from her new relationship with her in-laws.

According to experts, the shift represents a larger trend in Korean culture, mainly a reflection of women marrying at a later age and working more in their 20s.

But another catalyst can be found in so-called pretty boy craze that was sparked by the 2009 massive hit series “Boys over Flower.” While younger actresses are hard to come by on the small screen, many rising young actors are replacing their predecessors.

“The main target audience of these drama series is made up of women, which means there are more of pretty and handsome male characters to entice female viewers,” said drama critic Gong Hee-jeong.

Lee Seung-gi, 25; Yu Ah-in, 26; and Kim Soo-hyun, 24, are just a few of the up-and-coming actors taking K-dramas by storm. Recent series such as “Flower Boy Ramen Shop,” “Shut Up Flower Boy Band,” “The Moon Embracing the Sun” and “Rooftop Prince” have all featured a majority of male characters.

These competing trends have often matched up actresses in their 30s with younger men in their 20s, couples seldom seen on Korean television two decades ago.  Lee Seung-gi from “The King 2 Hearts” is nine years younger than his counterpart Ha Ji-won, while another couple from “Rooftop Prince” is comprised of Park Yoo-chun, who is four years younger than actress Han Ji-min.

In addition to the pretty boy craze, structural changes have pressured the prevalence of veteran actresses on screen. “Each broadcaster used to have a teen drama back in the ’80s where newbies could make a name for themselves, but this no longer exists,” Kim from “You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly” said.

“I think it is part of the reason why we don’t see that many young actresses.”

The emergence of idol singers in K-dramas has also taken away opportunities for younger actresses. Yoona, Yuri, Eun-jeong and Uee, all are members of different K-pop girl groups, have dominated recent drama series. “Most idol singers learn how to sing, dance and act before they debut,” said an official from a major entertainment company. “Production companies also want them to be part of drama series due to the recent Korean Wave craze.”

Featuring K-pop singers has provided a major boost to drama ratings, according to industry insiders. Rising actresses, however, are getting the short end of the stick.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-4-2012 12:14 AM | Show all posts
April 18, 2012

Actor Ha Jung-woo to exhibit his paintings in Seoul and Hong Kong

Actor Ha Jung-woo is set to carve a name for himself in Korean fine arts by holding an exhibition of his artworks from Tuesday to Aug. 16.

Some 20 paintings by Ha will be on display at H·Art Gallery in Daechi-dong, southern Seoul.

“Art should be as entertaining as a movie,” Ha said. “I hope that people will look at my art and be able to laugh aloud.”

The actor’s artwork is a hybrid form of Pop Art and Expressionism with an emphasis on creating art that the general public can easily understand.

Ha said that he hopes to tell an interesting tale through his art from the perspective of an actor.

From May 17 to 20, Ha is also set to display 15 artworks entitled “Hong Kong Series” during the Hong Kong Art Week.

Art critic Kim Jong-geun, who accompanied Ha to Hong Kong, said that he was amazed at Ha’s concentration. The artist is known to have spent more than 15 hours straight working on his artworks.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2012 11:09 PM | Show all posts
April 18, 2012

Han Ji Hye to Open Up on Her Life in Chicago
Source: Nate l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Han Ji Hye will reveal how she’s been doing after her marriage for the first time on television through the April 18 broadcast of tvN’s enews. She left for Chicago in summer of 2011 with her husband to study abroad, and has been gathering interest for revealing through her Facebook how much she’s enjoying her days as a newlywed.

Han Ji Hye participated in a photo shoot for the fashion magazine Marie Claire in Paris, France near the beginning of April, and soon after again stepped outside to appear on enews and talk about her life with her husband, her life in America and her future plans as an actress.

A rep from Han Ji Hye’s agency Wayz Company said, “Han Ji Hye will be greeting her viewers for the first time in a long time through television. She’s living in America, but she’s been visiting her Facebook often because she wants to converse with her fans. You’ll be able to see how much healthier and brighter she has become through the broadcast, and please look forward to her comeback, as she’s preparing to come back with a great piece.”

Han Ji Hye wed a prosecutor six years older than her in Hawaii in 2010, and is currently living in Chicago.

Photo credit: Han Ji Hye’s Facebook

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2012 11:13 PM | Show all posts
April 18, 2012
Lee Hyo-ri to write column for movie magazine
By Claire Lee (dyc@heraldm.com)

After becoming an animal and environmental activist, Lee Hyo-ri is making another foray outside music ― writing columns for a movie magazine.

Weekly film magazine CINE 21 announced Lee would start writing for the publication this month. Her first column will appear in May’s first issue, said Doo Hwa-jin of the publication.

“In addition to her singing and entertainment career, Lee has been vocal about various issues,” Doo told The Korea Herald when asked why they hired Lee.

“She’s been active in raising awareness about saving the environment and about animal rights. We thought she’d have a lot to share through her upcoming columns.”

Lee will be contributing a piece once every four weeks to a section titled “From Dystopia,” according to the magazine. Other contributing writers for the section include the recent box office hit “Love Fiction” director Jeon Gye-soo, popular magazine writer Kim Gyeong, literary critic Shin Hyeong-cheol and movie producer Won Dong-yeon.

The singer’s columns will touch on various themes and issues, including the heyday of Korea’s entertainment industry in the 1990s, as well as the recent labor strikes at Korea’s major broadcasters.

Lee, who made her debut as a member of girl group Fin.K.L. in 1998, has been a solo artist since 2002. She has won a number of awards throughout her solo career, including the grand prize at the 2009 SBS Entertainment Awards and the best pop artist prize at the 1st Seoul Arts and Culture Awards in 2010.

She has been involved with animal rights and environmental activism since 2010. Last year, she famously interviewed renowned British anthropologist and animal activist Jane Goodall in Seattle about animal welfare and rights, for a local fashion and life magazine, Singles.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2012 11:18 PM | Show all posts
April 20, 2012
Han Hyo-joo becomes the new face of 'V-line' drink
By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

Actress Han Hyo-joo has been selected as the new face of the corn husk tea made by Kwang Dong Pharmaceuticals, which is renowned for its properties for helping drinkers achieve a slimmer, “V-line” face.

“Han embodies city-chic, innocence and fun. In addition, her credibility and familiarity as an actress made her the perfect choice for promoting our drink,” said a representative from the pharmaceuticals company.

Han has already filmed the commercials for advertisement and will take an active role in promoting the brand.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2012 11:23 PM | Show all posts
April 19, 2012

Lee Byung-hun stars in movie trailer
Source: koreajoongangdaily.com

Korean actor Lee Byung-hun has proved that he can hold his own against Hollywood heavyweights as the movie “G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation” has released a new still cut and trailer featuring Lee.

The new image released online on various U.S. movie Web sites focuses on Lee. The movie trailer, featured on the movie’s official Web site is credited “Byung-hun Lee with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson.”

Lee’s name is listed before his fellow actors, which in Hollywood signifies that he played a more significant role in that particular clip.

This is in stark contrast to the first “G.I. Joe” movie in which Lee was relatively unknown.

In the second movie that will be released in Korea in June, Lee’s character plays a crucial role in the plot. Storm Shadow is a traitor spy who was stabbed and fell from a high-rise building near the end of the first film. So fans are eagerly awaiting the next film to see how Lee’s character made it out alive.

Lee rose to fame globally for his role in the first film and is also immensely popular in Japan.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2012 11:26 PM | Show all posts
April 19, 2012

'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' Wins Bronze Prize at New York TV Festival
Source: KBS Global
The KBS drama "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" won the bronze prize at this year's New York TV Festival, which was held in Las Vegas on April 17, in the category of mini-series, KBS revealed on April 18. The production director Kwak Ki Won, who attended the awards ceremony, said, "I hope that Hallyu, which has spread in Asian countries including Japan, will spread all over the world with this opportunity of winning the award."

The New York TV Festival, which celebrated its 55th anniversary this year, is an international awards ceremony in which around 400 organizations from all around the world participate, and BBC Worldwide from the UK, CBS from the USA, ZDF from Germany, and NHK from Japan have garnered awards at this ceremony up to now. KBS has already garnered a Gold prize with the drama "Korean Ghost Stories - Curse of Sword" in 2010 in the category of TV movie, a Bronze prize with "Happy Together - Friends" in 2008 in the category of TV entertainment, and another Bronze prize with "Field Report by Correspondent - Pygmies in Danger" in 2007 in the category of TV news.

"Sungkyunkwan Scandal," which aired in 2010, is a story of Confucian scholars at Sungkyunkwan in the Joseon Dynasty, which was a place where females were not allowed to enter, and the episodes revolving around a female student named Yoon Hee, who entered the school in disguise. When it was broadcast, the four main actors who played Sun Joon (Park Yoo Chun), Yoon Hee (Park Min Young), Jae Shin (Yoo Ah In), and Yong Ha (Song Joong Ki) gained huge popularity and created a "four flower students of Sungkyunkwan" phenomenon. The drama also garnered the Best Picture award in the category of Hallyu at the Seoul Drama Awards last year.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-4-2012 11:32 PM | Show all posts
April 19, 2012

Rain to Demo Army Guns on New TV Chosun Documentary
Source: englishnews@chosun.com

Singer Rain, who is serving his mandatory military service, will appear in a documentary about the defense industry entitled "Defense Report 2012" on TV Chosun.

He will feature in several scenes at the start and end of the program, which will be divided into three parts and will air on Saturdays at 11 p.m. from this weekend.

"We cast Rain because we thought it would be more effective for the program that an active-duty soldier introduces weapons," TV Chosun said Wednesday.

The documentary looks into Korea’s weapon systems and how they compare to other countries'. It also investigates ways to develop the nation's defense industry.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-4-2012 11:34 PM | Show all posts
April 19, 2012

Girls' Generation, Big Bang Most Popular Singers, Survey Shows

Girls' Generation have been named the most popular female singers in the first half of this year according to a straw survey of 1,329 people by market researcher Leespiar released on Wednesday. Some 26.9 percent of respondents picked the band as their top choice.

Teen star IU followed with 15.3 percent. Next came Wonder Girls with 7.3 percent, Lee Hyo-ri (7.1 percent), Baek Ji-young (6.5 percent) and Miss A (6.2 percent).

The boy band Big Bang, now busy with a world tour, garnered 18.1 percent to rank top among male singers. Singer and actor Lee Seung-gi took second place with 11.3 percent, followed by 2PM (8.1 percent), Rain (6.9 percent) and 2AM (5.7 percent).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2012 12:21 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by katt at 21-4-2012 00:35

April 20, 2012

Jun Ji Hyun to star in wedding pictorial for Elle Asia

Newly-wed actress Jun Ji-hyun will grace not only the cover of Elle Korea’s May edition but also the China, Singapore and Taiwan editions of the magazine with pictorial of herself in various wedding gowns.

According to Elle Korea on April 19, Jun will also speak about how she met her husband Choi Jun-hyuk, grandson of famed hanbok (traditional Korean clothing) designer Lee Young-hee. More than 600 guests, comprising of celebrities and close friends and family of the star attended her wedding on April 13 at Shilla Hotel in Jangchung-dong, central Seoul.

After the wedding, Jun started filming “Berlin” straight away. The public was shocked when Jun announced on March 9 that she would move the wedding up from June to April due to filming commitments.

Source: Nate

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-4-2012 12:34 AM | Show all posts
April 20, 2012
Two Korean Movies Invited to Compete at Cannes

Hong Sang-soo (left) and Im Sang-soo

Hong Sang-soo's "In Another Country" and Im Sang-soo's "The Taste of Money" have been invited to the 65th Cannes Film Festival next month. This marks the fourth time that two Korean films have been selected for the official competition of arguably the world's most prestigious film festival in the same year.

Hong has set a new Korean record for having his works featured at Cannes eight times, starting with "The Power of Kangwon Province," which appeared in the event's Un Certain Regard category in 1998. "Virgin Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors," "Tale of Cinema" and "The Day He Arrives" were also among those to be screened at the festival.

As for Im, this will be the second time his film has featured in the official competition after "The Housemaid" in 2010.

"In Another Country" stars French actress Isabelle Huppert, a two-time winner of the Best Actress Award at Cannes.

Other films selected for the official competition include David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis," Walter Salles' "On the Road," Michael Haneke's "Amour," and Abbas Kiarostami's "Like Someone In Love."

The festival will open with Wes Anderson's new film "Moonrise Kingdom" on May 16 and close with Claude Miller's "Thérèse Desqueyroux" on May 27.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

18-4-2024 09:38 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.696644 second(s), 45 queries .