Author: katt

Korean Entertainment News 2012 - 2013

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 11-8-2013 11:20 PM | Show all posts

August 11, 2013

[Photo News]
As groom, Lee says beginning second chapter of his life

By Park Han-na The Korea Herald

Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung (Yonhap News)

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun tied the knot with actress Lee Min-jung on Saturday after seven years of dating.

About 900 guests, mostly close friends and film industry figures, were in attendance including actor Jang Dong-gun and director Kim Ji-woon. Hundreds of fans from Japan and other countries also gathered to catch a glimpse of the stars at the lobby of the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul, where the ceremony took place.

Ahead of the private wedding ceremony, the high-profile couple gave their thoughts at a press conference for some 100 local and foreign reporters.

Lee Byung-hun (Yonhap News)

“I will live a full life every day and set happiness as the ultimate goal,” the 43-year-old groom said while holding the bride’s hand. “This is the beginning of the second chapter of my life. I can’t predict any upcoming events but I will appreciate life’s small joys.”

Hollywood celebrities such as Bruce Willis and Catherine Zeta-Jones who worked with the groom in blockbuster “Red 2,” which was released in mid-July, sent video messages to celebrate the wedding.

Lee is the first Asian to have his hand- and footprints in the forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles.  

Lee Min-jung (Yonhap New)

The 31-year-old actress gained popularity from the drama “Boys Over Flowers” and the film “Wonderful Radio.” She recently acted as a politician in the romantic comedy drama “All About My Romance.”

The newlyweds set off for their honeymoon in the Maldives on Monday and set up home in Gwangju, Gyeonggi Province.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 11-8-2013 11:37 PM | Show all posts

August 11, 2013

Lee Hyo-ri buys wedding dress

By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

Singer Lee Hyo-ri, who has said that she won’t have a wedding ceremony with invited guests, has purchased a wedding dress to wear when she takes a bow in front of her family only, according to Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily yesterday.

Contrary to a trend among celebrities who get their wedding dress sponsored as a promotional item from the dressmakers, Lee bought her own dress after consulting with her friends.

“After Lee announced her plan to get married with composer Lee Sang-soon, she has been preparing things she needs by herself and said from the beginning that she wouldn’t get any sponsored items,” said a wedding industry official, according to the report.

Because she didn’t want a fancy wedding, her dress is not a luxurious gown, although it is imported.

“The name of the dressmaker or the price has not been released, but as far as we know, it is not a high-priced luxurious gown,” said another official in the industry.

The sexy icon is said to have a meal together with her family to rehearse for a wedding ceremony sometime in September in Jeju.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-8-2013 12:14 AM | Show all posts

August 11, 2013

Lee Byung-hun, Lee Min-jung wed

By Moon Gwang-lip Korea JoongAng Daily

Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung tied the knot on Saturday, giving Korea another Brangelina couple to take a peep at. The couple said they will enjoy each other’s company, rather than their stardom.

Lee Byung-hun, the 43-year-old emerging Hollywood star of action films “G.I. Joe” and “Red 2,” married the 31-year-old actress, his girlfriend of seven years, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hannam-dong, Seoul.

“We once said to each other that we would pursue a trivial happiness together,” Lee Byung-hun told a pre-wedding press conference. “We have followed through a career in which we might have been used to something grandeur, not trivial, but we would like to live like a couple feeling happiness from trivial things.”

Veteran actor Shin Young-kyun officiated the closed-door wedding with actor Lee Beom-soo and comedian Shin Dong-yeop serving as MCs for the two-part ceremony, according to Lee Byung-hun’s agency, BH Entertainment. Singers Park Jung-hyun, Kim Bum-soo and Dynamic Duo sang the celebratory songs in front of about 900 guests.

Many celebrity couples came to the wedding, including the couples of Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young; Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-young; Yoo Ji-tae and Kim Hyo-jin; and Yeon Jung-hoon and Ha Ga-in.

Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung said they will continue to pursue their acting careers. The couple leaves for the Maldives today on a honeymoon.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2975903

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 04:50 PM | Show all posts

August 11, 2013

Drama to focus on firefighters' lives

Actress Jeon Hye-bin of the KBS drama “God of the Workplace” will get to experience the lives of firefighters through broadcaster SBS’s new entertainment program.

The pilot program, tentatively named “A Heart Beat” will focus on firefighters who are dispatched to save lives during emergencies.

The production team will begin filming Tuesday in Busan for six days.

Other actors, including Jo Dong-hyuk of the KBS drama “Brain,” will also join the filming.

“We are planning to show how to save lives in case of natural disasters, which is very crucial information to know,” said an official at SBS, according to local media reports.

“Along with that, we will show some touching moments that come after the rescue team manages to take quick action to help people in need.”

The program will be aired in September, but no exact air date has been announced.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 04:53 PM | Show all posts

August 12, 2013

Actors team up for new adoptee drama

Actor Lee Sang-yeob of the KBS drama “The Innocent Man” and actress Choi Yoon-young of the MBC drama “The Queen’s Classroom” will act together in a special drama which will be aired during Korea’s Chuseok Holiday next month, one of the biggest holidays in Korea.

The drama, tentatively named “The Greatest Thing in the World,” will depict stories of single moms and adoptees.

“We are set to deliver the message that all lives are precious and that we need to take care of every living being,” said the production team, according to local media reports.

Choi will be playing a musical performer named Wuseon. Her counterpart will be Lee, who came back to Korea from Australia after he was sent there when he was young through an adoption agency. He will play John Harrison, a musical director.

The drama will be a two-part series and each will be about 70 minutes long. The exact air date has not been announced.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 04:56 PM | Show all posts

August 12, 2013

New drama may star Yoon Eun-hye

Actress Yoon Eun-hye of MBC drama “Missing You” may come back to the small screen in KBS drama “Choice of the Future,” which will be aired after the ongoing “Good Doctor” series. Moon Chae-won of KBS drama “The Innocent Man” and Joo Won of KBS drama “Bread, Love and Dreams” will also star in the show.

If she finalizes her role in the drama, Yoon will be playing a broadcast program writer named Na Mi-rae, who came from the future.

Her counterpart is said to be Lee Dong-gun of MBC drama “When It’s at Night” in 2008. It will be Lee’s first comeback to the small screen in five years.

Lee will be playing the role of a TV announcer named Kim Shin.

Idol star Jung Yong-haw of boy band CN Blue will also join the drama as a TV program producer named Park Se-ju, adding more possible romance to the drama about people working at a broadcasting company.

It is scheduled to be aired in October.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 13-8-2013 04:58 PM | Show all posts

August 12, 2013

Lee Byung-hun, Lee Min-jung to Honeymoon in Maldives

The Chosun Ilbo

Star couple Lee Byung-hoon and Lee Min-jung tied the knot in Seoul on Saturday.

In a press event before the wedding ceremony at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, the groom said he couldn't afford much time to prepare for the wedding due to promotional commitments linked to his latest Hollywood blockbuster, "Red 2," as well as obligations concerning his next movie. But he added that he is looking forward to being a devoted husband.

/Courtesy of BH Entertainment /Courtesy of BH Entertainment

"I feel like I'm at a sort of press event or something like that. I guess it will only really sink in that we're married when my husband and I move into our new place in Gwangju, Gyeonggi Province," the bride said.

When asked how many children they plan to have, the groom replied, "We haven't talked about it. But it will be a blessing to have kids, regardless of how many."

They are set to head to the Maldives on Monday for their honeymoon.

Some 900 guests attended their wedding.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 05:23 PM | Show all posts

August 12, 2013

Big Bang to share tour stories

Boy group Big Bang will share some stories of their experiences preparing for the world tour last year on cable channel JTBC in a documentary titled “Big Bang, Sing Towards the World - Alive Tour.”

The group, which performed in 24 different cities in 12 countries across the world for about a year, will explain what it felt like to meet global fans and perform for them. The program is scheduled to be aired 11 p.m. on Saturday.

The five-member group started its global tour in Seoul last year in March, and then travelled to the Americas and Europe to meet with about 800,000 fans in the “Big Bang Alive Galaxy World Tour.”

Internationally renowned agency Live Nation and other well-known art directors, including Laurieann Gibson, who had worked with Lady Gaga for her world tour, also worked to produce various stages for the group.

The boys have reportedly sold out performances in every country they visited.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 05:26 PM | Show all posts

August 12, 2013

Kim Woo-bin to host music show

Actor Kim Woo-bin, of the KBS drama “School 2013” has been chosen as a new host to cable channel Mnet’s music show “M Countdown.”

It is the first time for the actor to become an MC of a show.

“Kim not only has shown great talents in acting, but also is equipped with the kind of calm voice that is required to become an MC,” said the production team of “M Countdown,” according to local reports.

“Because he is especially well-known in countries overseas, we’ve decided he is the perfect fit for the show, which is now going global.”

Before Kim was chosen as the full-time MC for the show, he had a trial round back in April, becoming a special host for a short time.

Kim’s first episode as host of “M Countdown” will air on Thursday.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 05:29 PM | Show all posts

August 12, 2013

'Snowpiercer,' 'Terror' dominate local box office

BY LEE SUN-MIN Korea JoongAng Daily

Ha Jung-woo as a news anchor in his hit “The Terror Live.” [JoongAng Ilbo]

Bong Joon-ho’s new movie “Snowpiercer” continued to dominate the Korean box office in its second weekend, pulling in 1.6 million admissions from Friday to Sunday.

That brings its total audience to 6.4 million admissions in just 12 days, or about 46 billion won ($41.3 million), according to the Korean Film Council.

“Snowpiercer” was reportedly made for 45 billion won, making it one of the most expensive Korean movies ever. With presales from 160 countries and territories, Bong’s film already brought in 20 billion won before its release.

The second weekend results were down just 26 percent from its opening weekend, indicating it has some legs, with many cinema experts predicting it should top 10 million admissions.

The No. 2 film last weekend was “The Terror Live,” starring Ha Jung-woo. It pulled in 1.1 million admissions over the weekend, just a 10.7 percent drop from its opening weekend, a stronger hold than “Snowpiercer.”

“The Terror Live” has now earned 3.8 million admissions, or 27.5 billion won, since opening July 31.

Together, “Snowpiercer” and “The Terror Live” accounted for 73.7 percent of the entire box office in Korea over the weekend.

Coming in a distant third was the American animated film “Epic,” with 292,440 admissions.

In fourth was director Kim Sung-soo’s new film “The Flu.” Even though “The Flu” does not officially open until Wednesday, projections show the movie having 130,395 admissions.

In fifth and sixth were animated movies, the Japanese film “Detective Conan: Strategy Above the Depths” and DreamWorks’ “Turbo.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 05:33 PM | Show all posts

August 12, 2013

Lee Joon-gi surprises by playing father
'I have thought a lot about marriage."Is it time for me?"'

BY KIM YEON-JI Korea JoongAng Daily

Actor Lee Joon-gi holds Lee Chae-mi, who plays his daughter on the MBC drama “2 Weeks,” at a press conference held two weeks ago in Nonhyeon, southern Seoul. [JoongAng Ilbo]

Actor Lee Joon-gi, who became hugely famous in 2005 thanks to the movie “The King and the Clown,” has become the talk of the town recently for his role in the new MBC drama “2 Weeks.”

Critics and fans are divided over the role, which has Lee playing a father struggling to save his daughter from leukemia while fighting a murder charge, a far cry from his usual image as a pretty, young star. Some worry it is too far from Lee’s strengths.

But at a recent press conference, Lee said that the role has helped him discover a deep, paternal love that he had never experienced before.

Q. Is this your first time playing a father?

A. I never imaged playing a role that has a daughter. Of course there have been some roles that were hard to play, but this role was particularly new to me. I had to express love towards a daughter, a feeling which I had never had before. Every day I focused on this role and studied because, if the emotions don’t feel real, the whole show would go wrong.

Does this role make you think more about marriage?

True. As I focus more on drama and playing the role of a dad, I have thought a lot about marriage. I keep on thinking “Is it time for me to get married?”

How is filming going?

I play a character that runs away and stays low. There is one scene that shows me digging into the ground to hide. It was a scary scene because it felt like how I might feel when dying or getting buried.

The show is set in Busan at the beginning. Why don’t you use a Busan dialect?

Personally speaking, I feel comfortable speaking in dialect, as I’m from Busan. But, I talked to the drama director and we decided that acting in dialect could actually hurt my ability to focus on the character. So none of the major characters in our program speak in dialect. Next time, I’ll show you good acting using a dialect.

Your show is in competition with the SBS drama “The Master’s Sun,” starring actress Gong Hyo-jin and So Ji-sub. What do you feel about that?

Because the genres are so different, I cannot wish for more then if each drama does well with the audiences who like each genre. summerlee@joongang.co.kr

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 05:34 PM | Show all posts

August 13, 2013

Ex-Wonder Girls' Singer Sun-mi Going Solo

The Chosun Ilbo

Former Wonder Girls' member Sun-mi revealed the first teaser photos ahead of her solo debut on Monday. To promote her return to show business, her agency JYP Entertainment posted three pictures of the singer sporting pink bobbed hair on its website.

Sun-mi quit the girl band in January 2010 to go back to school in order to prepare for college entrance exam.

"Her solo album focuses on showing the unique charm of Sun-mi. We hope fans are excited about her new look and sound, which will be unveiled in stages," the agency said.

Sun-mi will release the music video for the album's title song on Aug. 20.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 05:38 PM | Show all posts
August 13, 2013

The Chosun Ilbo

Star couple Lee Min-jung (left) and Lee Byung-hun arrive at Incheon International Airport to leave for their honeymoon in the Maldives on Monday.

Last edited by katt on 13-8-2013 11:28 PM

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 05:39 PM | Show all posts

August 13, 2013

Cho Jae-hyun wins acting prize at Montreal Film Festival

By Claire Lee The Korea Herald

Actor Cho Jae-hyun won the best actor prize at this year’s Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal, Canada, for his performance as a hunchback in director Jeon Kyu-hwan’s film “The Weight.”

In the 2012 film, Cho plays a mortician who accepts the corpses of those who died without any family or friends to pay for the funeral.

Cho is said to have agreed to star in the low-budget movie for free.

Director Jeon won the Queer Lion prize at last year’s Venice International Film Festival for the movie. He is the first Korean director to win the prize, which is given to the best movie with LGBT themes.

A scene from “The Weight.” (NEW)

Most of Jeon’s films, including Berlinale-featured “Varanasi” and “Dance Town,” have dealt with the underbelly of society. His characters include a struggling North Korean defector, a migrant worker exploited in Seoul, and an ex-con pedophile. “The Weight” is his fifth feature film, which premiered at last year’s Busan International Film Festival.

Actor Cho started his career in television, officially making his debut in 1990 in KBS’ drama series “The Age of Ambition.” He is best known for his appearances in director Kim Ki-duk’s early works that created much controversy, including “Crocodile” (1996) and “Bad Guy” (2001).

His recent film “El Condor Pasa,” in which he played a Catholic priest who gets involved with a rape and murder case of a teen who used to attend his church, was invited to the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic, last month.

The actor also has also been serving as the director of the DMZ Korean International Documentary Film Festival since 2009.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 10:44 PM | Show all posts

August 13, 2013

Yoo Ah-in to return with gangster film

By Do Je-hae The Korea Times

Yoo Ah-in will make a highly-anticipated screen comeback with “Kkangcheori” in October, according to the film's production company Monday. It will be his first film since the 2011 coming-of-age film and box-office hit "Punch."

In “Kkangcheori,” he transforms himself into a charismatic gangster as well as a devoted son who will do anything for his sick mother. The movie reunites him with Jung Yoo-mi, Yoo's co-star and love interest in the 2007 "Shim's Family." Veteran actress Kim Hae-sook will play his mom.

Because the film is set in Busan, all of the actors will be speaking in a unique dialect from the Gyeongsang Province region. A Daegu native, Yoo has had no problem adapting to the dialect, the production company said.

The 27-year-old has earned praise for a versatility and maturity in his acting.
He was most recently seen in a SBS period piece that cast him in the role of King Sukjong, known for one of the most scandalous love affairs in the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910).

The media has often included Yoo's name in a trio with Song Joong-ki and Kim Su-hyun as the next generation of leaders in Korean cinema.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2013 11:29 PM | Show all posts

August 13, 2013

Nam Bo-ra reveals she likes helping parents

Actress Nam Bo-ra of the MBC drama “The Moon That Embraces the Sun” has said that it is not embarrassing to help out parents when they need a helpful hand on a radio program yesterday.

Contrary to some of the adolescents who may try to avoid helping parents in their everyday lives, the second-oldest daughter of a family with 13 children said she used to help out her mom at her restaurant during vacations when she was in college.

“I still sometimes help them carry dishes,” she said. “It is not something to be ashamed of.”

She also said that she sometimes get confused on which age each sibling is because there are so many.

“I’m really confident in taking care of children,” she said.

However, she also said it was hard to live with too many people in the one place.

“Because there are so many people, I sometimes feel my home is too small,” said Nam. “Before, all of the siblings were small, so it wasn’t a problem. But as they grow, it gets stuffy in the rooms.”

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-8-2013 12:40 AM | Show all posts

August 14, 2013

Lee Young-ae Appointed DMZ Peace Ambassador

The Chosun Ilbo

Actress Lee Young-ae has been appointed a "peace ambassador" charged with publicizing the environmental value and peacemaking potential of the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas.

Lee was appointed by Gyeonggi Province Governor Kim Moon-soo on Yonggang Bridge, an off-limits military area in Yeoncheon on Tuesday. She took a walk with immigrant wives and Korean War veterans.

Lee will engage in various activities to conserve the ecosystem of the DMZ, which has prospered since it has been virtually empty of people for 60 years, as well as peace, cross-border exchanges and development.

Actress Lee Young-ae (right) takes a tour of the frontline with provincial officials and soldiers in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi Province on Tuesday. /Courtesy of Gyeonggi Provincial Government Actress Lee Young-ae (right) takes a tour of the frontline with provincial officials and soldiers in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi Province on Tuesday. /Courtesy of Gyeonggi Provincial Government

A provincial government spokesman said that it appointed Lee given that she starred in the 2000 blockbuster film "Joint Security Area," which deals with the friendship between South and North Korean soldiers surrounding a fatal shooting incident within the DMZ. The province expects Lee's international fame to boost the image of the DMZ as a space of peace and eco-friendliness.

Meanwhile, senior provincial officials met in Paju and Yeoncheon the same day to discuss the concept of a "DMZ Peace Park," which President Park Geun-hye suggested in her speech before the U.S. Congress in May.

One idea is regrouping a vast frontline area covering the estuary of the Han River, Paju, Yeoncheon, Cheorwon and Goseong in a DMZ park belt.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2013 03:03 PM | Show all posts

Ogos 17, 2013

Momen bahagia pengantin baru

Sumber: UtusanOnline

PASANGAN pengantin baru yang kacak dan cantik.

KIRA-KIRA 900 tetamu daripada kalangan penggiat seni hadir memeriahkan majlis perkahwinan aktor Lee Byung Hun dan aktres Lee Min Jung yang berlangsung di Hotel Grand Hyatt, Seoul pada 10 Ogos lalu.

Antara tetamu yang hadir adalah Kim Bum, Kim Tae Hee, So Ji Sub, Song Seung Hun, Go Ara, Jung Woo Sung dan Han Hyo Joo. Majlis itu dikatakan ibarat sebuah festival filem.

Ikrar perkahwinan pasangan yang berlakon dalam filem Hollywood, Red 2 dan drama Everything About My Relationship itu disempurnakan oleh aktor Shin Young Kyun. Sementara aktor Lee Bum Soo dan pelakon komedi Shing Dong Yup bertindak sebagai juruacara untuk majlis tertutup itu.

Dalam pada itu, Park Jung Hyun, Kim Bum Soo, Park Sun Joo dan kumpulan hip hop Dynamic Duo yang merupakan kawan Lee Min Jung turut menghiburkan para tetamu yang hadir.

Dilaporkan, Lee Byung Hun dan Lee Min Jung memilih untuk berbulan madu di kepulauan Maldives seperti yang dilakukan oleh pengantin baru Sunye (Wonder Girls) dan aktor Shin Hyeon-joon, pelakon drama Stairway to Heaven.

Sebelum majlis perkahwinan yang berlangsung dalam suasana meriah itu, Lee Byung Hun sempat menyuarakan isi hatinya terhadap Lee Min Jung dalam bentuk filem pendek.

Pelakon filem Red: The Legend itu telah menayangkan filem tersebut untuk tontonan rakan rapat dan di akhir filem, turut disertakan klip video dia melamar Lee Min Jung.

Tindakan Lee Byung Hun yang romantik itu membuatkan Lee Min Jung menitiskan air mata kerana terharu.

Difahamkan selepas kembali daripada berbulan madu, pasangan itu akan menetap di rumah Lee Byung Hun di bandar Gwangju.

“Rumah kami tidak jauh dari Seoul, kira-kira 40 hingga 50 minit sahaja. Ibu saya tinggal di situ seorang diri dan Lee Min Jung bersetuju untuk menetap bersama di situ," jelas Lee Byung Hun sewaktu sidang akhbar.

Rupa-rupanya di rumah tiga tingkat berbentuk muzium kesenian itulah pasangan ini bertemu janji sewaktu bercinta.

Menurut seorang ejen hartanah, rumah tersebut bernilai kira-kira RM9 juta dan kerja-kerja pengubahsuaian yang dilakukan menelan kos yang besar.

“Lokasi rumah itu memang menarik, kira-kira 30 minit untuk ke Gangnam, Seoul," kata ejen hartanah berkenaan.

Selepas selesai berbulan madu, Lee Byung Hun akan kembali sibuk menjalani penggambaran filem A Touch of Zen dan Lee Min Jung pula sibuk dengan projek terbarunya.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2017 07:43 PM | Show all posts
'HAN' DALAM SENI KOREA

Apa yang membuat drama Korea Selatan (K-Drama) begitu menagihkan bagi sesetengah orang ?

Ada drama tempatan yang cuba meniru unsur-unsur K-Drama seperti watak lelakinya kaya raya (ala-ala chaebol), watak perempuannya ala-ala Cinderella, dan ada watak ibu hero yang ala-ala mak tiri Snow White. Namun ia tidak memberi kesan seperti K-Drama.

Ini kerana K-Drama membawa jiwa atau etos orang Korea yang tiada di bangsa-bangsa lain.

Etos ini bernama 'Han' (Hangul: 한, Hanja: 恨).

Dalam kajian psikologi ada konsep 'racial memory' atau 'collective unconscious', maksudnya setiap bangsa mempunyai 'trait' psikologi yang diwariskan dari generasi ke generasi. Han adalah trait psikologi masyarakat Korea.

Perkataan Han ni sukar diterjemahkan. Ia melambangkan perasaan yang bercampur aduk antara rasa dendam atau 'won-han' (Hangul: 원한, Hanja: 寃恨), rasa duka atau 'jeong-han' (Hangul: 정한, Hanja: 情恨) dan rasa kesal atau 'hoe-han' (Hangul: 회한, Hanja: 悔恨).

Tiada perkataan Bahasa Inggeris yang dapat menggambarkan 'Han' secara tepat, tak kira 'regret', 'resentment', 'grief', 'sorrow', 'woundedness' atau 'unavenged injustice'.

'Han' merupakan perasaan kesal atas hakikat hidup yang penuh dengan ketidakadilan dan tragedi. Perasaan Han ini lahir daripada pengalaman sejarah bangsa Korea.

Sebagai sebuah negara kecil yang tersepit antara China dan Jepun, orang Korea (dari zaman Gojoseon hingga Tiga Kerajaan hingga Goryeo hingga Joseon) pernah diserang sebanyak 400 kali, sedangkan mereka tak pernah jadi 'aggressor'.

Dan takdir masih tidak menyebelahi bangsa Korea dalam sejarah moden. Bila sudah moden, dijajah Jepun (1910). Bila sudah merdeka, dipisahkan pula melalui Perang Korea (1950-1953). Bila sudah maju, dihancur pula oleh krisis kewangan (1997).

Pengalaman sejarah menyebabkan orang Korea menaruh dendam terhadap takdir. Namun, mereka sedar mereka tidak mampu melawan takdir, maka mereka pun pendam saja perasaan dendam dan layan perasaan kesal.

Seni menjadi jalan keluar bagi bangsa Korea. Mereka mengguna muzik dan lakonan untuk meluahkan perasaan Han. Proses ini dinamakan sebagai 'hae-han' (Hangul: 해한, Hanja: 解恨) atau 'Han-puri' (한풀이) yang membawa maksud meleraikan Han.

Ada persamaan dengan katarsis (catharsis) dalam budaya Yunani purba di mana teater tragedi menjadi ejen penyucian hati dari perasaan tragis.

Disebabkan Han, orang Korea tersangat sensitif dan sentimental. Mereka boleh mengaitkan segala kesialan dalam hidup sebagai permainan takdir.

Maka tidak hairan, seni moden seperti K-Drama turut diwarnai oleh Han.

Dalam K-Drama, kehidupan manusia digambarkan sebagai tragedi. Hero dan heroine yang saling bercinta tak dapat bersama kerana takdir: mereka ditakdirkan rupa-rupanya mereka adik-beradik, mereka ditakdirkan menghadapi kanser, mereka ditakdirkan mengalami kemalangan, mereka ditakdirkan kehilangan memori.

Ini semua unsur-unsur yang terdapat dalam drama dan filem Korea yang tersohor dari Endless Love (2000), Winter Sonata (2002), Stairway to Heaven (2003), I’m Sorry, I Love You (2004), Tree of Heaven (2006), Secret Garden (2010), Heartstrings (2011), The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) hingga ke Kill Me Heal Me (2015).

Cerita yang sentimental dan tragis jadi 'trademark' K-Drama. Dan hanya lakonan orang Korea yang nampak 'natural'.

Kita boleh kata orang Korea ini 'fake', tapi air mata mereka adalah paling 'authentic'. Kesedihan itu datang dari hati dan perasaan Han. Para penonton turut terkesan dan menangis sama-sama. Sama-sama menyelami katarsis.

Tapi Han tidak menjadikan orang Korea pesimis. Sebaliknya Han membakar semangat mereka untuk terus 'fighting' dalam hidup. Ye lah, kalau hidup ni akan berakhir dengan tragis, kenapa tidak berusaha untuk mengecapi kebahagiaan? Maka orang Korea pun berusaha bersungguh-sungguh dalam semua bidang, melakukan yang terbaik untuk melawan takdir, walaupun mereka tahu ia hanyalah sia-sia.

Itu sebabnya dalam K-Drama, walaupun pasangan hero dan heroine tahu cinta mereka tak akan ada kesudahan, mereka tetap cuba untuk melawan sehingga mereka dikalahkan oleh takdir.

Perasaan Han juga membawa kepada perasaan 'Jeong' (Hangul: 정, Hanja: 情) atau 'bonding' sesama orang Korea. Jeong wujud di kalangan orang yang berkongsi Han yang sama. Semakin diuji oleh takdir, semakin kukuh hubungan pasangan.

Di waktu-waktu genting seperti Krisis Kewangan 1997, perasaan Han dan Jeong ini menyatupadukan orang Korea untuk sama-sama menyelamatkan negara mereka.

Kita tak akan mampu memahami orang Korea sehingga memahami Han. Itu sebabnya pembuat dasar luar di US hairan kenapa sebahagian besar orang Korea Selatan masih berbaik sangka dengan Korea Utara sedangkan mereka pernah bunuh-membunuh dalam Perang Korea?

Kerana orang Korea sama-sama melihat diri mereka sebagai mangsa takdir. Mereka berkongsi Han. Han memupuk Jeong antara mereka.

Kalau nak tahu, evangelis Kristian mengkaji konsep Han secara mendalam dan mereka 'tackle' psikologi orang Korea dalam dakwah mereka. Mereka menonjolkan ajaran Kristian sebagai penawar kepada Han. Itu menyebabkan Kristian berkembang dengan pesat di Korea Selatan.

Sedangkan agama kita adalah penawar terbaik bagi Han. Tapi itu lah, siapa nak ambil tahu pasal benda-benda macam ni kan ?

Bacaan lanjut :

# Euny Hong, The Birth of Korean Cool (2014)

# Keumsil Kim Yoon and Burce Williams, Two Lenses of the Korean Ethos: Key Cultural Concepts and Their Appearances in Cinema (2015)

# Choi Sang-jin, The Psychology of the Korean People (2000)

- Ayman Rashdan Wong -

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 04:22 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076091 second(s), 40 queries .