Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part VI]

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 9-3-2013 01:30 AM | Show all posts
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and flumpool to interact with fans via Google+

A new channel featuring music content from Asia (A-Pop) has been launched on YouTube. In accordance with this, a Google+ page has also been launched to share music from Japan, Korea, and China. As the opening project, there will be a special event between artists and fans from March 8 to the 14.

Participants of this project include Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and flumpool from Japan, 2PM, SUPER JUNIOR, and SHINee from Korea, and MAYDAY and LeeHom Wang from China. The artists will take turns interacting with their fans via Google+ hangout.

Currently, Google+ is looking for questions and messages of support to artists. The due date for these submissions is set to February 25.

===

<A-Pop Channel Opening Project Schedule & Artists>

Friday, March 8th – SHINee
Saturday, March 9th – LeeHom Wang
Sunday, March 10th – SUPER JUNIOR
Monday, March 11th – Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
Tuesday, March 12th – flumpool
Wednesday, March 13th – 2PM
Thursday, March 14th – Mayday

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... th-fans-via-google/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 9-3-2013 01:32 AM | Show all posts
Ono Erena to star in a new action suspense drama

It was announced that singer/actress Ono Erena will star in a serial drama “Tank Top Fighter“.  This will mark her first starring serial drama, and she will also be in charge of its theme song.

Reportedly, she will receive special training for a month under an action team that is active in Hollywood, and will show the action battles wearing tank tops.

The drama is an action suspense which follows college students sisters named “Kai” (Ono) and “Riku.” They were spending every day peacefully, but one day, their father gets arrested on suspicion of burglary and murder. In order to return 100 million yen that is supposed to have been stolen by the father, the sisters become bounty hunters, and chase after 4 criminals.

Ono commented, “My aspiration for this year is ‘to get hold of a chance, and make it my own’, so I won’t let it go!” She continued, “Alhough I have no experience in martial arts, I’ve taken lessons in swimming, ballet, rhythmic gymnastics, golfing, and gymnastics before. I also like dancing, so I have confidence in my physical strength. I will try my best to lead other cast members and staff members, so that the viewers will be able to enjoy the drama.”

There is no information revealed regarding the theme song, but it is said to portray the outlook on the world of the drama.

“Tank Top Fighter” will be aired in a late-night time slot on TBS/MBS starting in April.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ion-suspense-drama/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-3-2013 01:36 AM | Show all posts
Omasa Aya and Honda Tsubasa to become beautiful vampires in a new drama

It was announced that actress Omasa Aya will star in TV Tokyo’s upcoming drama “Vampire Heaven” that will begin airing in April.

Omasa will play a beautiful vampire named “Sakurako” while Honda Tsubasa will be Sakurako’s best friend and also vampire named “Komachi”. The human male, whom the two vampires fall in love with, will be played by Hiraoka Yuta.

The drama will be written and directed by Seta Natsuki who has worked with Omasa in movie “Usotsuki Mi-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan“, and this will mark the first time for her to direct a TV drama.

The synopsis will be a sad love story in which two beautiful vampires “Sakurako” (Omasa) and “Komachi” (Honda) fall in love with a man named “Hayato” (Hiraoka).

-

After violating a taboo in the world of vampires, Sakurako and Komachi come down to the world of humans, and encounter a human male, Hayato. Though Sakurako instantly falls in love with Hayato, vampires have the disposition that the more they love somebody, the more they desire the person’s blood. Sakurako finds out she can resist the uncontrollable impulse to suck blood somehow when she plays music, thus she strums on a guitar while thinking of her loved one. Komachi worries about Sakurako, but eventually, she also becomes attracted to Hayato.

-

Reportedly, Skurako’s real age is 170 years old although she looks 20. She is particularly beautiful even among the vampires, but she has no experience with love. Komachi is actually 165 years old, but looks 20, and has a very vampire-like personality as she can be a little selfish and also has a cruel side.  On the other hand, Hayato is a good looking guy, trying to become a professional musician. He keeps himself above all the vulgarity around him, but has an arrogant attitude toward others.

“Vampire Heaven” is scheduled to air starting on April 12th (Every Friday at 12:52 am).

Source: www.tokyohive.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-3-2013 01:38 AM | Show all posts
RADWIMPS reveals details on new single + 2-day live at Yokohama Arena

The title of RADWIMPS‘ new single that’s scheduled for release on March 27th will be titled “Dreamer’s High“. It’s also been announced that the band will hold a live concert on April 17th and 18th at Yokohama Arena.

Aside from the title track, the single will include a new song called “Scissor Stand” as the coupling track. It will also come with an extra CD, “Shiro to Kuro no 4-Hiki Waltz“, which includes footage from their recordings.

Meanwhile, the band’s upcoming lives will be titled ‘RADWIMPS LIVE 2013 Haru Urara Remidoso‘. Ticket lottery sales are scheduled to be held between March 14th at 12:00 pm to the 24th at 11:59 pm.

Furthermore, RADWIMPS’ will be holding their outdoors live, ‘RADWIMPS Yagai LIVE 2013: Ao to Mememe‘, in September. A countdown has been launched on the concert’s special website.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... -at-yokohama-arena/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-3-2013 01:38 AM | Show all posts
TRICERATOPS to hold a nationwide tour this summer

TRICERATOPS will be kicking off their nationwide tour, ‘TRICERATOPS 2013 SUMMER TOUR‘, in June.

Last year, TRICERATOPS celebrated their 15th anniversary with their live tour, ‘TRICERATOPS 15TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR‘. They recently held an acoustic event called ‘TRICERATOPS 12-Bar: 13‘ on January 26th at Nakano Sun Plaza with KAN, Yoshii Kazuya, Yamazaki Masatoshi, and Oda Kazumasa as the special guests.

The band’s upcoming tour will start on June 21st at Yokohama BLITZ for a total of 13 shows. The finale will be held on July 30th at Akasaka BLITZ.

===

<TRICERATOPS 2013 SUMMER TOUR>

Friday, June 21st – Yokohama BLITZ (Kanagawa)
Sunday, June 23rd – Kashiwa PALOOZA (Chiba)
Friday, June 28th – Kanazawa EIGHT HALL (Ishikawa)
Sunday, June 30th – Hamamatsu Live House Madowaku (Shizuoka)
Saturday, July 6th – Sendai MACANA (Miyagi)
Sunday, July 7th – Takasaki FLEEZ (Gunma)
Saturday, July 13th – Utsunomiya HEAVEN’S ROCK VJ-2 (Tochigi)
Monday, July 15th – HEAVEN’S ROCK Saitama Shintoshin VJ-3 (Saitama)
Saturday, July 20th – Nagoya CLUB QUATTRO (Aichi)
Sunday, July 21st – Mito LIGHT HOUSE (Ibaraki)
Friday, July 26th – Osaka BIG CAT (Osaka)
Saturday, July 27th – Fukuoka Ims Hall (Fukuoka)
Tuesday, July 30th – Akasaka BLITZ (Tokyo)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... e-tour-this-summer/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-3-2013 01:39 AM | Show all posts
Takahashi Katsumi & Eikura Nana to co-star in new detective drama

On February 23rd, it was announced that actor Takahashi Katsumi and actress Eikura Nana are going to co-star in an upcoming TBS detective drama titled ‘Kakusho ~ Keishicho Sousa 3 Ka‘.

‘Kakusho ~ Keishicho Sousa 3 Ka’ is based on the police novel ‘Kakusho‘ written by Konno Bin. The story focuses on the Third Investigation Division of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, which specializes on theft cases that make up 70% of all recorded criminal offenses. It follows the members of this division as they gather information and conduct stakeouts in order to catch the thieves. They also often happen to help other divisions with difficult cases such as homicide.

The clashes between the First Investigation Division, who mainly work on homicides, and the Third Investigation Division will be one of the highlights of this series. Two detectives of the First Division will be played by Bananaman’s Shitara Osamu and Kadono Takuzo.

Third Division’s veteran detective ‘Hagio Shuichi’ is played by Takahashi. Hagio wishes to move up to the First Division someday. He is partnered with the passionate and very skilled female detective ‘Takeda Akiho’ (Eikura). They are a unique duo who are 26 years apart in age.

Takahashi commented, “I’ve been a fan of detective dramas since childhood. ‘Uwasa no Keiji Tommy to Matsu‘ and ‘Taiyou ni Hoero!‘ were two of my favorites. I was surprised that I’m actually going to play the protagonist in a detective drama, but I’m also very happy.”

Eikura expressed, “At first glimpse, it doesn’t seem like my character matches with Detective Hagio played by Takahashi, but I think they are going to work together really well. It will be great if the viewers gradually become used to this duo and eventually fall in love with them.” She continued, “I will work hard in order to make you think of it as an unconstrained drama that is overflowing with humanity.”

TBS will be airing ‘Kakusho ~ Keishicho Sousa 3 Ka’ every Monday at 8:00 pm starting on April 15th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ew-detective-drama/

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:19 AM | Show all posts
NMB48’s Fukumoto Aina announces her graduation from the group

On February 23, NMB48 member Fukumoto Aina announced that she would graduate from the group in order to pursue her career as a variety talent. The announcement was made during team N’s “Dareka no Tame ni” revival stage performance held at NMB48 theater in Namba, Osaka.

On NMB48’s official blog, Fukumoto explained, “I started having a strong feeling that I want to challenge as a talent, and improve my variety skills, so I have decided to change my path to become a variety talent, and to stand on the starting line once again.”

She continued, “I didn’t come up with the answer without much thought, and I do not regret my decision to graduate. I feel like I was able to take one step toward my dream. I know it won’t be an easy path, but I am ready to overcome it. That’s why I will study a lot more than now, and will make my dream come true for sure.”

Fukumoto ended her comment with, “I will work hard so that I can show myself shining to you fans who have supported me until now, staff members, my family and friends, and also the members who I’ve spent every day and walked up to here together. I will be happy if you can watch over me warmly. I love NMB48. Please continue to support me.”

More details on her graduation including the graduation date will be announced later.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ion-from-the-group/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:21 AM | Show all posts
Mano Erina graduates from Hello! Project

On February 23, singer and actress Mano Erina held a solo live concert “Mano Erina Memorial Concert ‘OTOME LEGEND ~For the Best Friends’” at Nakano Sun Plaza. This was her graduation concert from Hello! Project.

Though Mano was putting smiles on her face during the concert, she could not hold herself from shedding tears when she made an appearance for the encore. She said to the audience, “I don’t know what to say (as I have too many things I want to say), but this is not the last time seeing you. I want to have a place where you can come back, and I can come back as well. When I get the opportunity, will you guys get excited again?”

With this concert, Mano’s activities for about 4 years as a part of Hello! Project ended. She said, “I feel that all those fun, joyful, happy things, and lonely, regrettable things all led to today. I am really thankful to all the fans I have encountered until now. Thank you very much.”

To see Mano’s crowning glory, a total of 4,500 fans visited the venue (for 2 stages), wearing red T-shirts which is Mano’s image color, and cheered her passionately. For the night stage, she started with her debut single “Otome no Inori“, and performed a total of 27 songs including the encore.

During the live, a video message to celebrate Mano’s graduation was shown. In the video, the producer Tsunku♂ said, “My first impression toward her was simply ‘pretty girl with big eyes’, and she was delicately constituted. After she joined ‘Gatas’ (Hello! Project’s futsal team), I told all the team members to build some muscles. Then one day, her body clearly showed developing some muscle which I believe she worked out hard.” He continued, “She is a good example of winning success after a lot of effort. I am sure she will be able to overcome anything even if it’s something out of her line, with her hard work. Please continue doing your best starting tomorrow, and become a wonderful woman.”

In the end of the live, Berryz Kobo’s Tsugunaga Momoko and ℃-ute’s Yajima Maimi made a surprise appearance. Tsugunaga read a letter for Mano, and also said with tearful eyes, “I was living a happy-go-lucky life thinking that your graduation was still far away, so Your graduation is still impalpable. Please keep staying as my friend! Congratulations on your graduation-!”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... from-hello-project/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:23 AM | Show all posts
Takanashi Rin to play a ‘yankee’ dance teacher in new drama

On February 24th, it was announced that actress Takanashi Rin is going to star in an upcoming TBS late-night drama titled ‘Houkago Groove‘.

Takanashi is known for her good looks and her vibrant on screen performances. She already gained global recognition as the heroine in Abbas Kiarostami’s Japanese-language film ‘Like Someone in Love‘ which screened at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. It’s her first time to star in a TV drama.

‘Arakawa Under the Bridge‘ director Iizuka Ken is set to direct the drama which was born from the fact that since April 2012, “dance” has become a part of the junior high school curriculum in Japan.

Takanashi is playing a physical education teacher with no dancing skills. Moreover, she used to be a delinquent (‘yankee’) during her student days and left school during senior high school, but thanks to her persistence and fighting spirit she somehow managed to become a teacher. She believes that you should always see something through once you got a taste of it.

Takanashi commented about her role, “When I heard about the story, I immediately wanted to get this role. A sports-minded former delinquent is a fresh character and a nice challenge. I’m already all excited about this.”

Director Iizuka is bound to give this drama a peculiar charm similar to his previous works and Takanashi is looking forward to work with him. She said, “I’ll work hard so that the viewers can enjoy all those surreal interactions between the characters.”

TBS is going to air ‘Houkago Groove’ every Monday shortly after midnight starting on April 22nd.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... her-in-a-new-drama/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:32 AM | Show all posts
ORANGE RANGE to release their 1st single in 4 years

5-member band ORANGE RANGE announced that they would release a new double A-side single, “Oboro na Ageha/Moshimo” on April 17th. As this will be their first single in 3 years and 9 months since their last one “Hitomi no Saki ni” (released in July 2009), the audience of 2,700 at the Tokyo performance for their nation-wide tour held at Zepp Tokyo exploded in shouts of joy.

“Oboro na Ageha“, composed by YOH, the bassist, will be an upper tune with quick but deep beats, while “Moshimo” is a love song with fondly-remembered and warm sound, which is composed by NAOTO, the guitarist.

The single will have a limited edition and a regular edition. The limited edition will include 3 bonus tracks that are live tracks from their last year tour “ORANGE RANGE LIVE TOUR 012 ~NEO POP STANDARD~.”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... -single-in-4-years/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:34 AM | Show all posts
Kariyushi58 announces a new single in May

Kariyushi58, who just celebrated their 7th anniversary since debut on February 22nd, announced that they will be releasing their first single for 2013 (currently untitled).

The single will be released on May 8th, “the Kariyushi day”. Additionally, they are also scheduled to release a new album titled “8” which will be the sequel to their previous album “5″ (released in November 2012).

Stay tuned for further details on Kariyushi58’s upcoming single and album!

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... -new-single-in-may/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:37 AM | Show all posts
Details on babyraids new single “JUMP” revealed

babyraids have revealed details on their new single, “JUMP“.

The title track is described as a hard rock number that’s composed and arranged by Dragon Ash guitarist hiroki’s Cell no.9. It will be released in 3 different types: Limited Edition A, Limited Edition B, and Regular Edition. For its coupling track, all versions will include a song composed and arranged by SOPHIA’s Miyako Keiichi (Key) called “Saijoukyu!!“.

Limited Edition A will also come with a song composed and arranged by BACK DROP BOMB’s Kotobuki (G) titled “Together! Together! Together!“. Meanwhile, Limited Edition B will include “SMILE“, a number by arranged by Tsuru and written/composed by Akino Atsushi (Vo, G).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ngle-jump-revealed/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:39 AM | Show all posts
http://static.tokyohive.com/wp-c ... _sashihararino.jpeg

It was revealed that HKT48’s Sashihara Rino will make an appearance in upcoming movie “Ore wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake.”

As reported previously, this is a live-action movie adaptation of Aono Shunju’s manga. The story follows a daily life of a failed father named “Oguro Shizuo” (played by Tsutsumi Shinichi) and his family.  Shizuo suddenly quits his job at age 41, to find his true self, but he spends all his time playing soccer games. One day, he randomly decides to become a manga artist.

The supporting cast members are made up of Hashimoto Ai, Namase Katsuhisa, Yamada Takayuki, Hamada Gaku, and Ishibashi Renji.

In the drama, Sashihara will be playing “Unami Aya”, a cool editor who turns down Shizuo’s manga flatly.

The movie is directed by Fukuda Yuichi has worked with Sashihara in movies and dramas before. Apparently, the director offered specifically offered movie to Sashihara. She commented, “Since I’m not an actress by profession, I was very nervous to do acting with such a big name like Tsutsumi Shinichi-san.”

“Ore wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake” is scheduled to open in theaters starting in June 15th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... his-upcoming-movie/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:42 AM | Show all posts
GRAPEVINE to release a new album

GRAPEVINE has revealed that they will be releasing a new album (currently untitled) on April 24th.

It’s been about 2 years and 3 months since the band released their previous album, “Mahiru no Strange Land“. This will be their first fully self-produced album since 2003’s “Idea on Suisou“.

Prior to the album’s release, GRAPEVINE will hold their nationwide tour, ‘GRAPEVINE TOUR 2013‘. It will kick off on May 9th at SHIBUYA-AX for a total of 17 shows in 16 locations. Tickets will go on sale starting March 30th.

Stay tuned for more details on GRAPEVINE’s upcoming album! In the meantime, check out the tour dates and music video for “Nashizukushi no Ai” below.

===

<GRAPEVINE TOUR 2013>

Thursday, May 9th – SHIBUYA-AX (Tokyo)
Saturday, May 11th – Kobe WYNTERLAND (Hyogo)
Sunday, May 12th – Hamamatsu Live House Madowaku (Shizuoka)
Thursday, May 16th – Takamatsu DIME (Kagawa)
Friday, May 17th – Okayama CRAZYMAMA KINGDOM (Okayama)
Sunday, May 19th – Kumamoto DRUM Be-9 V1 (Kumamoto)
Saturday, May 25th – Nagano CLUB JUNK BOX (Nagano)
Sunday, May 26th – Niigata LOTS (Niigata)
Friday, May 31st – Sapporo PENNY LANE24 (Hokkaido)
Sunday, June 2nd – Yokohama BLITZ (Kanagawa)
Friday, June 7th – Sendai Rensa (Miyagi)
Saturday, June 8th – Morioka club change WAVE (Iwate)
Saturday, June 15th – Fukuoka DRUM LOGOS (Fukuoka)
Sunday, June 16th – Hiroshima CLUB QUATTRO (Hiroshima)
Friday, June 21st – Nagoya CLUB DIAMOND HALL (Aichi)
Sunday, June 23rd – Namba Hatch (Osaka)
Friday, June 28th – Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... hizukushi-no-ai-pv/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:51 AM | Show all posts
Furuta Arata to star in a serial drama for the first time

Actor Furuta Arata (47) will star in Fuji TV’s new serial drama “Machigawarechatta Otoko“(lit. ‘A man who was mistaken’).

Furuta is the box-office star of theatrical troupe ’Gekidan☆Shinkansen‘. He has appeared in many stage plays, movies, and dramas, however, this will mark his first starring serial drama 29 years after he debuted. Furuta will team up with KAT-TUN’s Nakamaru Yuichi (29) for the drama.

The drama is a humane comedy based on the dissolved theatrical troupe ‘Tokyo Seleccion Deluxe’s stage play “Pierrot”. Takuma Takayuki who presided over the theater company will be in charge of the script and direction for the drama.

The story is set at a Sushi restaurant in Kuramae, Tokyo. It starts where the protagonist, a sneak thief (Furuta) who is very caring and easily moved to tears, and his underling (Nakamaru) break into the Sushi restaurant. However, he is mistaken as the skillful Sushi chef who left the restaurant 10 years ago. It depicts their 10 days of joy and sorrow.

Furuta commented, “I’m just worried about the viewer rating as I will be the lead. Bear up, Nakamaru!“, while Nakamaru said, “I’ve co-stared with Furuta-san in a variety show, but this will be our first time working together in a serial drama. I’m looking forward for the filming to start!”

“Machigawarechatta Otoko” will start airing on April 13th on Fuji TV (every Saturday at 11:10 pm).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... for-the-first-time/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 01:56 AM | Show all posts
MAX’s REINA gives birth to her 2nd child

MAX’s REINA (35) has announced that she has given birth to her 2nd child!

On the 25th, REINA reported through her official blog, “This month, on February 17, I gave birth to my 2nd child, a healthy baby girl!” She shared that she gave birth at a maternity hospital which has always been a dream of hers. “The midwives were all very kind and it was an at-home environment. So I was very satisfied with the childbirth! Since it was a place where the family could stay over, my son didn’t have to feel lonely and my entire family spent time together,” she reflected.

REINA married a non-celebrity man back in May of 2011 and gave birth to her first son in November that same year. She expressed, “There are times when child-rearing gets really tough, but these times will become a treasure to us, so while enjoying the growth of my children, I want to grow as a parent!! Please continue to warmly watch over me and my family.”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... h-to-her-2nd-child/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 02:00 AM | Show all posts
Tsunku♂ reveals the name of new unit from Hello! Pro Kenshuusei

On February 25, music producer Tsunku♂ announced that there would be a new unit called “Juice=Juice” that will be formed with 6 Hello! Pro Kenshuusei members.

The unit’s name stands for “just-harvested”, “freshly-picked”, “fresh”, “natural”, “100%”, and “just-squeezed”. Tsunku♂ named it with his hope that, “I want this unit to stay fresh, and be comprised with full of each of their unique individualities.”

In the beginning of February, Tsunku♂ revealed his plan on forming some units from Hello! Pro Kenshuusei, and now he revealed the details. According to him, the new unit will start their activities as indies for the time being, and will try to improve their skills.

He also said, “During their activities as indies, I’ll be checking for any member who isn’t able to keep up, and also for other Kenshuusei who show a rapid growth, so there is a high possibility for changing, addition, or reduction of the members.”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... llo-pro-kenshuusei/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 02:01 AM | Show all posts
E-girls announce their 1st album

E-girls will be releasing their 5th single “CANDY SMILE” which is chosen for UHA Mikakuto’s ‘e-ma Nodo Ame× e-girls” campaign CM song, on March 13. Recently the details on the upcoming single, as well as the short version PV for the title track have been revealed.

Additionally, they are also scheduled to release their first album titled “Lesson 1” on April 17th. It will be comprised with their singles, new songs, and so on. The album will have [CD+DVD] version and [CD only] version. Further details on the first album will be announced later.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ce-their-1st-album/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 02:07 AM | Show all posts
AKB48’s 30th single ‘So long!’ sells over a million copies

Popular idol group AKB48’s 30th single “So long!” (released on February 20th) sold 1,036,000 copies in its first week, and topped the Oricon weekly single ranking for the week of March 4th.

This marked AKB48’s 17 consecutive chart topping single since “RIVER” (released in October 2009), and they have extended their own records for “the number of consecutive chart topping singles” and “total number of chart topping singles”. Moreover, this is their 11 consecutive single (and 12th single overall) to sell over a million copies since “Sakura no Ki ni Narou” (released in February 2011). Among those singles that sold over a million copies, 10 of them achieved the million mark during just the first week.

This accomplishment of 10 singles selling over one million copies in the first week is even more impressive considering that since Oricon’s single ranking started back in 1968, there has only been three singles besides AKB48 that sold over a million copies during the first week. These are, “Namonaki Uta” (Mr.Children in 1996),  ”Dango 3 Kyoudai” (Hayami Kentaro, Shigemori Ayumi, and more in 1999), and “Addicted To You” (Utada Hikaru in 1999). Additionally, there has been no artist other than AKB48 who has achieved it with more than one single.

Watanabe Mayu commented, “I was informed that ‘So long!’ that I served as the center for the first time reached a million copies, and we were the only one to accomplish the record of ‘having 10 consecutive single that sold over a million copies in the first week.’ I am happy from the bottom of my heart, and I’m full of gratitude toward the fans who have always been cheering for us, and the staff members who always support us.”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... r-a-million-copies/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2013 02:10 AM | Show all posts
FUNKY MONKEY BABYS to release their last best-of album

It was announced that FUNKY MONKEY BABYS who will release their last single “Arigatou” on February 27th, will also release their last best-of album “FUNKY MONKEY BABYS LAST BEST” on March 27th.

The best-of album will come with 3 discs. DISC 1 titled “Fan BEST” is comprised of the songs that came straight out from the results of their request project ”FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Anata ga Erabu ‘Fan-mon Song Best 10′” held from the end of last year to January 25th. DISC 2 titled “Member BEST” is comprised of songs that were chosen by the members. Lastly, DISC 3 titled “Single BEST” consists of the songs selected carefully among all the singles they have released.

The limited edition will come with a DVD, and it will include the video clips for 11 songs (5 songs from fans’ votes, 5 songs chosen by the members, and their last single ‘Arigatou’), as well as a special footage.

FUNKY MONKEY BABYS will disband after their first one-man live concert at Tokyo Dome “Omae-tachi tono Michi FINAL ~in Tokyo Dome~“, which will be held for 2 days on June 1st and 2nd.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... last-best-of-album/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

2-5-2024 08:19 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062329 second(s), 41 queries .