CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3711|Reply: 1

Step-by-Step: Installing PHP on a Windows Webserver

[Copy link]
Post time 23-2-2004 04:20 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
If you are planning to use MySQL and PHP together, you must first install MySQL before you install PHP.  This is because when you install PHP, you will need to provide the path to your installation of MySQL so they can talk to each other.  If you have already installed PHP, uninstall it and then reinstall it after you finish installing MySQL.

Go to PHP.net

Click on "Downloads"

Scroll past the "beta" section to the "Latest stable version of PHP".  Look for the heading "Windows Binaries".  There may be 2 versions, choose the one labeled "Installer".  In this example, the title is: "PHP 4.3.2 installer [1,035Kb] - 29 May 2003".

Pick a mirror site for download and save the file to your hard drive.  In this example, the file name is "php-4.3.2-installer.exe".

Double-click on the file to begin installation.  You'll see this welcome screen.  It warns us to stop the webserver before you install PHP.  Do this now.  Then click "Next".

Read the License Agreement and click "I Agree".

Here we choose which kind of installation to perform.  "Standard" is fine.  Click "Next".

Now we choose the PHP installation folder.  The default directory is fine.  Click "Next".

Here you enter the address of your SMTP server and the 'from' address for the mail function.  If you don't know this information, you can leave it at default and edit it later by editing the PHP configuration file.

Here you choose which kind of webserver you are using.  I will be using Apache for the example so that's why I have Apache selected.  Choose the appropriate one for you.  Click "Next".

Now we're ready to install PHP.  Click on "Next".

In this example, PHP was not able to automatically configure Apache so I got this message.  We'll have to do this manually later.  Click "OK".

Installation is now complete.  Click "OK".

Now we have to configure the webserver software to use PHP properly.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Waikiki This user has been deleted
Post time 23-2-2004 05:36 PM | Show all posts
thanks remy.. really need this one :bg:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 10:23 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057853 second(s), 27 queries .