Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: deaf4ever

Berita Hari Ini - 2005

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 7-1-2005 12:12 AM | Show all posts
ini dia, berita panazzzzzzzz..........:pompom::pompom:

Did Idols dump girlfriends to stay popular?

They dated for 3 months. On Dec 1 - the day he was crowned Singapore Idol - Taufik broke up with Leandra

Maia and Sly hooked up after she was voted out of the Idol contest. But now, both say they're 'just good friends'
By Jeanmarie Tan
jeanm@sph.com.sg

LOVE 'em, then lose 'em.

That's what Asian pop stars like JJ Lin had to do with the women in their lives when they first broke into the Mandopop scene.

They sacrificed girlfriends, romance and love for a once-in-a-lifetime shot at stardom.

And now, it seems our Singapore Idol boys, winner Taufik Batisah and runner-up Sylvester Sim, are following suit.

Taufik apparently broke up with rumoured squeeze Leandra Rasiah on the night of the finals on Dec 1, after he was crowned Singapore Idol.

They had been dating for three months, according to a reliable source who declined to be named for fear of angering the couple.

Apparently, Sly and Maia Lee are 'in the same boat' - they got together after she was eliminated from Singapore Idol.

Several Idol finalists confirmed that Taufik, 23, and Leandra, 18, had dated. Since their break-up, they still 'hang out' and have feelings for each other.

The source revealed: 'Leandra was secretly hoping he wouldn't be one of the final two, because she knew what it meant. They were both really upset.

'Every time Leandra calls Taufik now, he's busy. And at parties or in public, he has to ignore her. It has been hard for the both of them.

'But he did ask her to wait for him till after he finished recording the album and maybe they'll get back together.'

It is not uncommon for record labels or management companies to 'disallow' their artistes to have relationships.

Because it is believed that once a heart-throb gets attached, he'll have fewer female fans, less commercial viability, and most importantly, less money rolling in.

And even if he has a girlfriend, it has to be covered up and denied.

Which is why you always hear celebs bandy the popular phrase - 'We're just good friends'. This is apparently what happened in Taufik's case.

The source alleged that Ken Lim - the director of Hype Records, which manages both Taufik and Sly - had asked Taufik to choose between Leandra and his career.

KEN: I WAS NOT AWARE

But when contacted, Ken denied this, saying that he doesn't meddle in the private lives of his artistes.

He said he was even unaware that Taufik and Leandra were an item in the first place.

He denied discussing such 'personal matters' with his charge, adding that he managed to officially speak to him one-on-one only a week after his win.

'This is normally not something we should get involved in. Nobody has the right to tell a person how to live his life,' he said.

Ken said he doesn't believe in contracts which forbid artistes to have relationships, calling them 'old-school'.

'I believe in self-discipline... Because if you control the artistes too much, it can turn around and be negative.'

However, Ken did add that Hype Records will intervene 'only if the relationship becomes a problem and it becomes detrimental to their work'.

He said: 'For example, getting involved with a married woman would be very controversial. Basically, my rules are: Don't do anything illegal, focus on work, answer for yourself.

'But if everything is happy and ongoing, then falling in love is not wrong. Everyone needs companionship.'

Ken also felt that Taufik dating Leandra 'wouldn't be a problem', nor would it affect his fan base negatively because 'it depends how you market their personality'.

When contacted, Taufik said he 'cannot have a relationship' now.

He also claimed he has never thought about how having a girlfriend would affect his popularity. As usual, he used the 'just good friends' line.

Not surprisingly, Leandra, Sly, 21, and Maia, 21, all stuck to it as well, sounding rehearsed.

Taufik explained: '(Leandra and I) were not even together, how to break up? I just want to concentrate on my career and not get distracted by relationships, so it cannot escalate into anything more.

'With me being so busy, it wouldn't be fair to the girl. If at the end of the day, I'm too tired to call, she'll be chasing after me and trying to get my time and I'll get more stressed out.'.

One of the anonymous Idol finalists said the couples 'might be afraid of coming out'.

'There's this theory that you should appear available, but are actually attached.

'It's the best of both worlds.

'You still have your fans chasing after you, but because you're with the person you love, you're not open to temptations.'

Singapore Idol finalist Olinda Cho - who is also managed by Hype - said that newbies should always err on the side of caution.

The 24-year-old said: 'This early in our careers, one wrong move and it could all be over. I'd rather be safe than sorry, so it's better to keep any relationship hush-hush.

'I think it's okay to tease and not confirm anything, because it keeps people guessing and interested.

'When the boys' careers are more stable, then they can come out if they choose.'

GROUPIES NOT BOTHERED

In reality, many of Taufik and Sly's groupies wouldn't care if the guys start flaunting their secret girlfriends today.

The girls claim it doesn't kill their romantic fantasies because they know their place and do not harbour impossible dreams of hooking up with their Idols.

Miss Ting Pang, 22, broke up with her boyfriend and quit her job to chase Sly full-time. She also spent $5,000 voting for Sly.

Yet, she insisted she would still support and chase Sly even if he's happily attached because the reason she idolised him in the first place was for his 'talent'.

She even gives Maia her stamp of approval, saying they are 'quite compatible'.

Annabelle Lim, 14, said she will be 'a little disappointed' at first, but will accept it eventually.

'Every girl sees her idol as her Prince Charming. Once he's taken, it's as if he's gone. And the next time I see him, I'd have to keep reminding myself that he has a girlfriend, and I shouldn't ask for hugs.

'But, ultimately, it's his choice. We're only his fans, we can't stop him. It's important for him to have a private life.'

Taufik's fans also gave him the thumbs-up.

Jesslyn Novianty, 15, said: 'Unless he changes and becomes arrogant, or he doesn't produce good music, then I'll stop supporting him - not whether he's single or not.

'If he's really in love and he's happy, I'm also happy.'

Story Index

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 7-1-2005 12:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eva at 6-1-2005 07:31 PM:

dulu my husband stay dgn org melayu from singapore kat liverpool sbb dia dulu skool kat sana b4 pindah ke scotland..
org tu dah kawin dgn mek salleh dan beranak pinak..
hubby kata dah takder d ...

kesian ye..... England tu bukan takde kaum muslimin....ramai pun kalo nak carik.....

at least part lain tu ok la , tapi part diri sendiri at least pung kena jaga apa....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-1-2005 12:20 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by deaf4ever at 7-1-2005 12:12 AM:
ini dia, berita panazzzzzzzz..........:pompom::pompom:

Did Idols dump girlfriends to stay popular?

They dated for 3 months ...

kalo leandra masuk islam, nama apa eh......

aku rasa .. Siti Fatimah Leandra Rasiah Abdullah    :love::love:

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2005 07:46 AM | Show all posts
smlm aku baca kisah taufik dlm newpaper.. selamat dia tak bermata air dgn si minah gerago tu..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2005 08:06 AM | Show all posts
smlm bila me tengok berita kat suria... terperanjat tengok some parts of negeri omputih.. kena salji yg amat teruk sekali..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2005 01:47 PM | Show all posts
Maia and Sly hooked up after she was voted out of the Idol contest. But now, both say they're 'just good friends'

last saturday ian nampak syvester and maia together waiting for taxi near my house at bedok....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 7-1-2005 08:48 PM | Show all posts
sedih eh tengok nelson mandela.. hilang lagi satu keturunan dia..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2005 08:57 PM | Show all posts
ade sesiapa tahu pasal budak pri 1 yg hilang..tinggal kat blok 600+ Jurong West?? apa news??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-1-2005 09:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Browneyes at 7-1-2005 09:03 PM:

mana kau tahu ross?

me sebenarnyer tak tahu criter, lately pun tak beli suratkhabar.

Tadi masa my mom tgh tunggu my kid's nyer transport dtg, ade satu aci ni criter kat dia..ade budak ilang since last wednesday..then recently jumpa tapi budak tu dah mati..

tu yg ross tanya kat sini nak tahu criter sebenar, ape kes???? btol ker criter aci ni???

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-1-2005 09:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eva at 7-1-2005 08:51 PM:

meninggal sbb HIV kan?

kalo HIV positive aje, cuma carier je kan???

boleh mati ke?  aku rasa maybe dah tukar jadi Aids la HIV dia...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-1-2005 09:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by rosslyn at 7-1-2005 09:13 PM:

me sebenarnyer tak tahu criter, lately pun tak beli suratkhabar.

Tadi masa my mom tgh tunggu my kid's nyer transport dtg, ade satu aci ni criter kat dia..ade budak ilang since last wednesda ...

takde lah, tak masuk sokkabar.......

either rumours atau pun top secret cover up ...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2005 08:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by deaf4ever at 7-1-2005 13:44:

kalo HIV positive aje, cuma carier je kan???

boleh mati ke?  aku rasa maybe dah tukar jadi Aids la HIV dia...

rasanya dah tukar ke aids..
kat africa memang ramai kena aids.. :geram:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2005 11:25 AM | Show all posts
Bodohnye Brad Pitt :ketuk::ketuk::ketuk::ketuk::ketuk::ketuk:
Kan Si Aniston tu nengok cam orang2 baik, lawa lak tu.....:geram::geram:

Aniston, Pitt separating after 4 years of marriage
Statement to People magazine made no mention of divorce
Friday, January 7, 2005 Posted: 9:20 PM EST (0220 GMT)

Pitt and Aniston began dating in 1998 and were married in July 2000.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- After more than four years of marriage, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have decided to formally separate, according to the office of Aniston's publicist, Stephen Huvane.

People magazine, which first reported the split, quoted the couple as saying that "this decision is the result of much thoughtful consideration," and is not "the result of any of the speculation reported by the tabloid media."

"We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another," they said in their statement to People, which is owned by Time Warner, the parent company of CNN.com.

Their statement made no mention of a divorce.

Pitt, 41, and Aniston, 35, began dating in 1998. They were married in July 2000 in a lavish ceremony in Malibu, California.

Aniston was recently photographed not wearing her wedding ring, leading to tabloid speculation of marital trouble. People magazine reported that the couple spent New Year's weekend vacationing together on the Caribbean island of Anguilla, where they were photographed in affectionate poses.

Aniston is best known as one of the six stars of the long-running NBC sitcom "Friends."

Pitt has appeared in more than 30 films, including "Fight Club," "Interview with the Vampire," "Seven," "Ocean's Eleven" and "A River Runs Through It." His latest movie, "Ocean's Twelve," is currently in theaters.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2005 11:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eva at 8-1-2005 08:38 AM:

rasanya dah tukar ke aids..
kat africa memang ramai kena aids.. :geram:

hah yes, masuk CNN, Mandela cakap its Aids....
Then rupanya the wife of the son, menantu Mandela la, rupanya dah mati jugak few years back... Pneumonia ( ni pun sometimes caused by Aids ).

Use magic Report

matz_rockz This user has been deleted
Post time 8-1-2005 12:24 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by deaf4ever at 8-1-2005 11:25 AM:

Aniston, Pitt separating after 4 years of marr ...

they got everything in this world.....money,fame,fortune and what have you...perhaps, our atok and nenek can explain what true love is  ???

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2005 12:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by deaf4ever at 8-1-2005 11:25:

Aniston, Pitt separating after 4 years of marr ...

aniston baik ke?.. dah kaya.. mak dia tersilap kata sikit.. sampai sekarang dia buat musuh..masa dia kawin dia tak jemput pun mak dia... padan muka dia..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-1-2005 12:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Browneyes at 8-1-2005 12:28 PM:

aniston baik ke?.. dah kaya.. mak dia tersilap kata sikit.. sampai sekarang dia buat musuh..masa dia kawin dia tak jemput pun mak dia... padan muka dia..

is it?? la............. aku salah baca muka la.........................

aku pun nak kena lasik jugak la....

Bang Matz, kita gi sama2 eh.....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2005 12:34 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by deaf4ever at 8-1-2005 12:29:

is it?? la............. aku salah baca muka la.........................

aku pun nak kena lasik jugak la....

Bang Matz, kita gi sama2 eh.....

deaf.. kau tahu tak si brat pitt ni muka hensem tapi badan berbau sebab tak suka mandi.. kalau ada orang complain pasal bau dia.. dia cuma tukar baju.. masa academy award ada sorang pelakon tua.. aku tak ingat nama makcik tu.. request jangan duduk kan dia sebelah pitt sebab tak tahan BO pitt.. dah bagus lah tu .. satu badan bau busuk lagi satu hati busuk..

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2005 12:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Browneyes at 8-1-2005 12:34 PM:

deaf.. kau tahu tak si brat pitt ni muka hensem tapi badan berbau sebab tak suka mandi.. kalau ada orang complain pasal bau dia.. dia cuma tukar baju.. masa academy award ada sorang pelakon tua.. ...

Ya ke Brown? Saper ek makcik tu? Yang Chic tau pasal BO tu masa dia shooting citer Troy...tak mandi. Bila orang tegur, dia bukan mandi, dia pegi boutique Calvin Klein, beli t-shirt baru....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2005 01:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Browneyes at 8-1-2005 12:34 PM:

deaf.. kau tahu tak si brat pitt ni muka hensem tapi badan berbau sebab tak suka mandi.. kalau ada orang complain pasal bau dia.. dia cuma tukar baju.. masa academy award ada sorang pelakon tua.. ...

eiii dahsyat nye....agak teruk sangat bau BO tu ye..........

at least pegi majlis mandi la kejap....

Dia bukannye miskin, suruh la sapa2 mandikan dia kalo dia malas nak mandi sendiri...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 04:42 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072976 second(s), 42 queries .